North East Buses

Full Version: North East GNE Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(01 Jun 2014, 11:30 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Clue 1. Situated between the south bank of the Tyne and the north bank of the wear.

Clue 2. The location isn't far from where minerals were removed from the ground

Clue 3. Red and white

Clue 4. Not far from the sea

Opened in 1871 - had to amend my clue cos of Dans guess, it was relating to a big lamp... (is that another clue?).
(01 Jun 2014, 11:41 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Opened in 1871 - had to amend my clue cos of Dans guess, it was relating to a big lamp... (is that another clue?).
Souter Lighthouse??
(01 Jun 2014, 11:42 am)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Souter Lighthouse??

Well done!

10 (trial) #NEBpoints to mb134!
(01 Jun 2014, 11:43 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Well done!

10 (trial) #NEBpoints to mb134!
Would love to take part in the actual event just I don't live near a GNE service...
(01 Jun 2014, 11:51 am)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Would love to take part in the actual event just I don't live near a GNE service...

I think this will be a problem, and is why it should be opened up in the form of an Explorer day. Would get more involved.
(01 Jun 2014, 11:51 am)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Would love to take part in the actual event just I don't live near a GNE service...

It doesn't have to be GNE. Souter Lighthouse isn't served by GNE for example.
(01 Jun 2014, 12:08 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I think this will be a problem, and is why it should be opened up in the form of an Explorer day. Would get more involved.

I also think Scavenger Hunt has the best form of competition, what with the sheer amount of possibilities you can have!

I think we should have a couple of 'trial runs' of these challenges at some point?
(01 Jun 2014, 12:12 pm)northern156 wrote [ -> ]I also think Scavenger Hunt has the best form of competition, what with the sheer amount of possibilities you can have!

I think we should have a couple of 'trial runs' of these challenges at some point?

Maybe a mix of both? Not everything has to be a photo of a bus. Just work out what's along each route (Souter Lighthouse for example, as mentioned earlier), and include things like that. If people don't have cameras, many will have smart phones, or in groups at least someone would have either or.
Nothing to do with the eventual form of the game itself, but does anyone care to continue the trial that Andreos has done today - just for a bit of fun.

Maybe the winner perhaps?

I like puzzles!
(01 Jun 2014, 12:24 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]Nothing to do with the eventual form of the game itself, but does anyone care to continue the trial that Andreos has done today - just for a bit of fun.

Maybe the winner perhaps?

I like puzzles!

Will do one more myself - might run out of locations!

Clue 1: North Tyneside
(01 Jun 2014, 1:07 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Will do one more myself - might run out of locations!

Wallsend?
(01 Jun 2014, 1:07 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Will do one more myself - might run out of locations!

Tynemouth Priory

Clue 2: Continental/European
(01 Jun 2014, 1:43 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Clue 2: Continental/European

Spanish City?
(01 Jun 2014, 1:43 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Clue 2: Continental/European

Port of Tyne
(01 Jun 2014, 2:02 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Port of Tyne

In North Tyneside?! Wink
dfds ferry
(01 Jun 2014, 1:44 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Spanish City?

Well done Tom!

10 (trial) #NEBpoints to you too!
I'm terrible at this already. :p
(01 Jun 2014, 2:03 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]In North Tyneside?! Wink

I was thinking the DFDS terminal which is Royal Quays lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5