North East Buses

Full Version: Stagecoach Family Open Day - Carlisle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Lee Wardle has posted the following on the Tyne and Wear Bus Enthusiasts Facebook group.

[attachment=5465]

Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancs are holding at Open Day on Saturday May 24th between 10:00 & 16:00 at Carlisle (Willowholme). Amongst the Stagecoach buses I have managed to arrange are ex First Volvo Royale 16235 from Gilmoss, Volvo B6 30339 from Kilmarnock will be making it's debut after restoration back to Stripes, Ribble branded Dennis Trident 18156 from Chorley as well as buses from Busways, Glasgow (Megabus), Manchester and Wrexham (Bluebird ex First). There will also be buses from our other depots at Kendal, Lillyhall and Morecambe. Preserved buses will also be in attendance and the majority of them will be used on the free shuttle service.

If anybody needs more details or would like a copy of the proposed timetable to plan which buses you want to ride, Lee has asked that people contact him directly.
(09 May 2014, 8:35 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Lee Wardle has posted the following on the Tyne and Wear Bus Enthusiasts Facebook group.

If anybody needs more details or would like a copy of the proposed timetable to plan which buses you want to ride, Lee has asked that people contact him directly.

I'll be going there - 0945 685 there, 1707 one back.
(09 May 2014, 8:38 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]I'll be going there - 0945 685 there, 1707 one back.

You're keen Tongue I'm thinking train one way and bus the other. I was grumbling earlier about the thought of all that time spent on either an Enviro or Omnicity.

I've also updated the NEB calendar entry.
(09 May 2014, 8:43 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]You're keen Tongue I'm thinking train one way and bus the other. I was grumbling earlier about the thought of all that time spent on either an Enviro or Omnicity.

I've also updated the NEB calendar entry.

Only reason is a £4.00 return is great value. Maybe the train both ways could be a better option though? I don't mind the Enviros, but let's hope I get 4653 or a Pulsar on the return. Unless I get the 1754 one and change at Hexham onto a GNE bus.
(09 May 2014, 8:48 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Only reason is a £4.00 return is great value. Maybe the train both ways could be a better option though? I don't mind the Enviros, but let's hope I get 4653 or a Pulsar on the return. Unless I get the 1754 one and change at Hexham onto a GNE bus.

I don't mind either, but I'm thinking about the total journey time.
(09 May 2014, 8:51 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I don't mind either, but I'm thinking about the total journey time.

Yeah especially them not having Free Wi-Fi etc.
Just a wild crazy thought...

I have a Family and Friends Railcard.
Happy to have people tagging along - £11.50. return for an adult and £3.30 for an under 16.

At this stage, there are no guarantees I will be going, but...
(09 May 2014, 8:58 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Just a wild crazy thought...

I have a Family and Friends Railcard.
Happy to have people tagging along - £11.50. return for an adult and £3.30 for an under 16.

At this stage, there are no guarantees I will be going, but...

I'll tag along at least on the way there if you don't mind. Won't pass as an under 16 like. Tongue
(09 May 2014, 9:00 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I'll tag along at least on the way there if you don't mind. Won't pass as an under 16 like. Tongue

A single using the railcard is £10.25 mind.
Crazy fares on the train as soon as you're an adult. I was getting advance child singles for £2 each way last summer.

Sticking to Arriva there and back - free M-Ticket! Wink
(09 May 2014, 9:08 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Crazy fares on the train as soon as you're an adult. I was getting advance child singles for £2 each way last summer.

Ooh aye I forgot about that! I might do the same. Smile
(09 May 2014, 9:08 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Crazy fares on the train as soon as you're an adult. I was getting advance child singles for £2 each way last summer.

So what time buses are you getting? 0745 or whatever it is?

Ooh aye I forgot about that! I might do the same. Smile

Funny how Omnicities become more comfortable for that length of time when they're free. Tongue
(09 May 2014, 9:10 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Ooh aye I forgot about that! I might do the same. Smile

I'd originally considered the train but I wasn't paying crazy fares esp. when I could have bought a North West Explorer and used some of the buses over there too. Obviously the M-Ticket came along and I was pretty much decided on what I was doing!
(09 May 2014, 9:10 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]So what time buses are you getting? 0745 or whatever it is?

Aye, and probably the 1600ish one back from Carlisle - or the one before that if I get bored or whatever.

Depends if I buy a Stagecoach day ticket over there - would like to sample some of the E200s but it depends how I feel on the day!
(09 May 2014, 9:12 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I'd originally considered the train but I wasn't paying crazy fares esp. when I could have bought a North West Explorer and used some of the buses over there too. Obviously the M-Ticket came along and I was pretty much decided on what I was doing!

Can you use the day tickets on the Stagecoach ones?
Might just get a £5 day ticket to save me money.
(09 May 2014, 9:11 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Funny how Omnicities become more comfortable for that length of time when they're free. Tongue

Say all you want about the leather seats on those Omnis, it will still be better than the omnicity with a massive hump I had to sit on from Whitby to Middlesbrough last year on the X93.
(09 May 2014, 9:12 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I'd originally considered the train but I wasn't paying crazy fares esp

And East Coast don't go there do they Angel
(09 May 2014, 9:12 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I'd originally considered the train but I wasn't paying crazy fares esp. when I could have bought a North West Explorer and used some of the buses over there too. Obviously the M-Ticket came along and I was pretty much decided on what I was doing!

I'm worried you think £11 return to Carlisle is crazy! (if you have a 16-25; its £17 if you don't)

Over 2hrs on the 685 is crazy to me!
(10 May 2014, 1:05 pm)gtom wrote [ -> ]I'm worried you think £11 return to Carlisle is crazy! (if you have a 16-25; its £17 if you don't)

Over 2hrs on the 685 is crazy to me!

Anything is crazy when compared to an equivalent journey which is free!
Pages: 1 2 3 4