North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1248)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 08 Oct 2013

(08 Oct 2013, 4:06 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote If you look at the Post now

Quote - David Wear Buses Atkinson '4' connections but Heworth, Concord, Galleries, Shiney Row and Houghton make 5 don't they? Connections 5?
3 hours ago · Like

Quote - Go North East I think you've missed the play on 'for' David
3 hours ago · Like · 1

So in turn everyone had missed the Point as it's Connections 4 - Heworth - Concord - Washington Galleries - Shiney Row and Houghton, and not 4 Connections which would then indicate the 4 main connection/interchange points.

I do think GNE may of done that on purpose to catch people out judging by the two comments above, otherwise the Brand Name in my opinion is pretty straight forward to understand.

No, I hadn't seen that.
Just incase people think I am David and repeating my post on there - it isn't me.

Can anyone confirm why Shiney Row is only mentioned on the bus and not the fb promo material?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 08 Oct 2013

PB0002400/513 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Monkwearmouth, Roker Avenue/Dundas Street
Finish Point: Wasington, St. Robert of Newminster Catholic School
Via: Fulwell, Southwick, Hylto Red House, Castletown
Service Number: 458
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 04-NOV-2013
Other Details: Monday to Friday, school days only

That's a long route for a school bus.

RE: Go North East - Latest - JP6004 - 08 Oct 2013

Found this on GNE fb page in regard to X25, "You should see an improvement with the reliability of the service in the near future with the introduction of single deck vehicles". Possible transfer of scanias from 56 once deckers arrive?

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 08 Oct 2013

(08 Oct 2013, 6:18 pm)JP6004 wrote Found this on GNE fb page in regard to X25, "You should see an improvement with the reliability of the service in the near future with the introduction of single deck vehicles". Possible transfer of scanias from 56 once deckers arrive?

I think a few of the X25 is now single Deckers not sure though. But the 56 vehicles won't be available for a bit of time yet, unless 4 could be transferred before the Deckers arrive? Not sure Deptford could cope with that though!

RE: Go North East - Latest - JP6004 - 08 Oct 2013

(08 Oct 2013, 6:24 pm)CatsFast101 wrote I think a few of the X25 is now single Deckers not sure though. But the 56 vehicles won't be available for a bit of time yet, unless 4 could be transferred before the Deckers arrive? Not sure Deptford could cope with that though!

Well they seemed to not mind lending one to X20 the other day. Well it has been said they due Dec/Jan so could be classed as soon in GNE eyes. To be fair the last few times I've seen it it was single decker. I would imagine some of the 56 scanias will go to prince bishop to replace the ex-orbit scania

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 08 Oct 2013

Do note that Go North East Customer Services reported in April or so that the X30/X31 would receive an upgrade by the end of this year - that isn't happening until February of next year...

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 08 Oct 2013

Just a re post on delivery dates - Thank's Rob.

11 Mercedes Citaro for MetroLINK -All here - Enter service mid October at a date to be confirmed.

8 Wright Streetlite for Drifter and 8 Wright Streetlite for Saltwell Park, which are due to start arriving towards the end of October - Drifter variants first. They are 2 different lengths for those who like the details.

14 Optare Versa for Citylink, which are due to start arriving mid/late October.

12 Optare Solo SR for Venture, which are due to arriving mid November.

34 Volvo B9/Wright Gemini for Fab Fifty Six and Cobalt Clipper, which are due to start arriving late December.

- it's more mainly so people don't forget the dates and ask again =)

RE: Go North East - Latest - busman101 - 08 Oct 2013

(08 Oct 2013, 3:20 pm)citaro5284 wrote No comment eh!

I just think some people need to get out a bit more - all this debate about how many places mentioned on Connections 4 ! Surely, its all about Connections 4 - so connections at Houghton, Shiney, Washington or indeed anywhere where you can make a connection between high frequency buses. Simples Cool

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 08 Oct 2013

(08 Oct 2013, 8:14 pm)busman101 wrote I just think some people need to get out a bit more - all this debate about how many places mentioned on Connections 4 ! Surely, its all about Connections 4 - so connections at Houghton, Shiney, Washington or indeed anywhere where you can make a connection between high frequency buses. Simples Cool

Its all about Connect 4 isn't itTongue

RE: Go North East - Latest - nk55 - 08 Oct 2013

X25 at the moment seems to be 2x B10s & 3x tridents, although 1 trident runs off to do a scholars run am/pm. With the whey aye 50 due to get scania omnicity off the cobalt they could possibly get those scanias off there. Chester also has 4944 although last time i seen this bus it was vor.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 09 Oct 2013

7078 on Chester Rd route learning.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 09 Oct 2013

(09 Oct 2013, 7:06 am)Daniel wrote 7078 on Chester Rd route learning.

Haven't seen a GNE training bus in a while

RE: Go North East - Latest - JP6004 - 09 Oct 2013

Info regarding Connections4 now on simplygo

(09 Oct 2013, 2:53 pm)JP6004 wrote Info regarding Connections4 now on simplygo

Thanks =D - update - it's being put on the M1 brand tab to - http://www.simplygo.com/all-services/metrolink/ - just info about the change etc

It clearly states, no changes to Timetable or Route.. bet people still ask.

is the 53/54 getting different buses soon, i`ve noticed the internal stickers have been removed, just wondering if it`s getting different buses or the route is going to be refurbished rebranded etc
Like · · about an hour ago

Go North East Hi James - all will be revealed in due course

Seem's the new brand etc will be out soon.

RE: Go North East - Latest - nk55 - 09 Oct 2013

3 Volvo B9/Caetano Levante coaches noted in chester depot. FJ11 GJU , GKP & GKU. No fleet numbers and still in need of vinyls.

RE: Go North East - Latest - busman101 - 09 Oct 2013

(08 Oct 2013, 8:17 pm)citaro5284 wrote Its all about Connect 4 isn't itTongue

No, it's all about Connections 4, but expect some connect 4 type of fun around the patch in the weeks to come ! Idea

RE: Go North East - Latest - CitaroFavourite - 10 Oct 2013

(09 Oct 2013, 5:05 pm)Michael wrote is the 53/54 getting different buses soon, i`ve noticed the internal stickers have been removed, just wondering if it`s getting different buses or the route is going to be refurbished rebranded etc
Like · · about an hour ago

Go North East Hi James - all will be revealed in due course

Seem's the new brand etc will be out soon.

wonder if it will be plain or epic time will tell anyways saltwell park buses are supposingly going on my local route 88/88A there needed on there as the current cadets always seem to knack out and Gateshead were the ones who wrecked them on 27 glad there citaros now but versas on 88/88A will give passengers more extra comfort and better euro emissions both Saltwell Park and Drifter examples are both Euro 4 while from Quaylink orders onwards Euro 5

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 10 Oct 2013

Astra 149 has been repainted into the standard ancillary vehicle livery.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 10 Oct 2013

(10 Oct 2013, 12:09 am)CitaroFavourite wrote wonder if it will be plain or epic time will tell anyways saltwell park buses are supposingly going on my local route 88/88A there needed on there as the current cadets always seem to knack out and Gateshead were the ones who wrecked them on 27 glad there citaros now but versas on 88/88A will give passengers more extra comfort and better euro emissions both Saltwell Park and Drifter examples are both Euro 4 while from Quaylink orders onwards Euro 5

Here is the post which confirmed movements and the Delivery dates, the only one missing was the Scania's from the 56 when they get B9's - Thanks Rob.

Rob Wrote: I shall edit this post with a list of movements.

Citaro 5358 – 5368 filling the void on MetroLINK / Connections 4 service, will allow the following will occur:
Scania 4956, 4957, 4958, 4959 and 4960 will move to Chester-le-Street for 28/28A services, to be branded in 2/3 weeks.
Scania 4961, 4962 and 4963 are due to remain at Washington as allocated Northern vehicles.
Scania 4964 and 4965 will move to Deptford as allocated Northern vehicles.
Scania 4966 will move to Gateshead as an allocated Northern vehicle.

811.5 metre Streetlite for Drifter service 60
8302 to 8305 are destined for Lambton Worm services 34/34A.
8306 to 8309 are destined for Simplicity, providing a 10 minute 39 service - along with the rest (expect for the 5 for the 42) - Will Join Simplicity Brand.

8 10.8 metre Streetlite for Saltwell Park services 53/54
8294 to 8301 are now destined for South Tyne services 88/88A.

17 Volvo B9/Wright Gemini for Coblalt Clipper services
Mercedes Citaro 5331 to 5238 are destined for Pronto services X21.
6 Scania Omnicity are expected to move to Whey-Aye-Five-0 services 50/50A.
4 Scania Omnicity are expected to move to Stanley for services X30

Also... 11 Mercedes Citaro for MetroLINK -ALL HERE =D - Enter service mid October at a date to be confirmed. - Confirmed from GNE they will enter from the 20th October.

8 Wright Streetlite for Drifter and 8 Wright Streetlite for Saltwell Park, which are due to start arriving towards the end of October - Drifter variants first. They are 2 different lengths for those who like the details.

14 Optare Versa for Citylink, which are due to start arriving mid/late October.

12 Optare Solo SR for Venture, which are due to arriving mid November.

34 Volvo B9/Wright Gemini for Fab Fifty Six and Cobalt Clipper, which are due to start arriving late December.

From the initial arrival dates, it will take a few weeks for everything to arrive, be fitted with the key smart card readers, have blinds programmed, branded, tested and ready to go.

In terms of the additional 15 vehicles which could be arriving next year, details have not been confirmed. What I will say, is that there is 1 route which has had no change for a while, and a lot of you have speculated for a while that it will get upgrades before the Waggonway. That one!

It might be spam but it's better to keep posting it than Rob haven't to do it all again.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 10 Oct 2013

Didn't get fleet number, but one of the Pronto's has electrical problems.
Could be water ingress, but his rear brake and indicator lights are like Blackpool Illuminations!

Edit: Red Arrows running regulated.
Working in pairs into Eldon Square, the ex-ttx has switched to NIS and is running light. An ex-London President came in just in front of it, picked up passengers.

http://www.simplygo.com/news/go-north-east-shortlisted-for-major-bus-industry-awards

RE: Go North East - Latest - JP6004 - 10 Oct 2013

(10 Oct 2013, 2:31 pm)Michael wrote http://www.simplygo.com/news/go-north-east-shortlisted-for-major-bus-industry-awards

100 new buses for 2013-2014 year. So more to come before april

(10 Oct 2013, 2:50 pm)JP6004 wrote 100 new buses for 2013-2014 year. So more to come before april

Yup =D, Looks like them extra buses have being ordered - it was rumored their was 15 but they ordered 100 - so looks like 13... For the Lime maybe =)

RE: Go North East - Latest - JP6004 - 10 Oct 2013

(10 Oct 2013, 2:52 pm)Michael wrote Yup =D, Looks like them extra 15 buses have being ordered.

I thought it was 13 as 17 for cobalt clipper and 17 for fab 56. Possible new buses for lime?

(10 Oct 2013, 3:00 pm)JP6004 wrote I thought it was 13 as 17 for cobalt clipper and 17 for fab 56. Possible new buses for lime?

I edited my last post as i noticed the typo

Ye looks like them buses have being ordered hopefully for the Lime but what buses are they Tongue

3982 broken down at Park Lane. Being towed back to Deptford now.

(10 Oct 2013, 2:52 pm)Michael wrote Yup =D, Looks like them extra buses have being ordered - it was rumored their was 15 but they ordered 100 - so looks like 13... For the Lime maybe =)

Of course '100 new buses for our centenary year' (as quoted on the back of the new Citylink Versa) sounds a lot better than '102 new buses', as it plays on the aspect of the 100th year.

(10 Oct 2013, 3:10 pm)Daniel wrote Of course '100 new buses for our centenary year' (as quoted on the back of the new Citylink Versa) sounds a lot better than '102 new buses', as it plays on the aspect of the 100th year.

Ah ye, Didn't think of that.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 10 Oct 2013

(10 Oct 2013, 3:10 pm)Daniel wrote Of course '100 new buses for our centenary year' (as quoted on the back of the new Citylink Versa) sounds a lot better than '102 new buses', as it plays on the aspect of the 100th year.

More than likely will be 11.7m Versas I think, Don't forget the Prince Bishops getting Geminis in March also I it was said.

The thing I want to know is, what is going to happen with the Streetlite Demo once the Versas go on the 58, is it staying with GNE to be tested on another route or is it going elsewhere as I reckon it should be tested on the M2/M3.