North East Buses
LNER (Formerly Virgin Trains East Coast & East Coast) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Other Forms of Transport (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Railways (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: LNER (Formerly Virgin Trains East Coast & East Coast) (/showthread.php?tid=230)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - mb134 - 01 Mar 2015

Quite surprised that Virgin Trains haven't posted a picture on their Facebook page, given that the fact they now operate the service is quite a big deal for them?

Is there a reason for the sort of secrecy behind this livery?

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - S813 FVK - 01 Mar 2015

(01 Mar 2015, 3:31 pm)mb134 wrote Quite surprised that Virgin Trains haven't posted a picture on their Facebook page, given that the fact they now operate the service is quite a big deal for them?

Is there a reason for the sort of secrecy behind this livery?

No, there is no reason behind the secrecy and there are a couple inconsistencies in Tommy's story which suggests that he could just be making it up to get us going.

Him saying 'that's all i can say' suggests that is a secret. However, if it was a secret, would the company (or whoever took the photo) wouldn't have released it out to this unknown enthusiast who has then shared it (or just shown it) to Tommy which has given him the knowledge of what the livery looks like. The fact that the livery is going to go public tomorrow when the first train enters service just makes it even more pointless to keep it hidden. One could argue that we only need to wait 24 hours which is correct but surely releasing the train's appearance 24 hours in advance isn't going to hurt too much either.

This is just my opinion and no hard feelings should be drawn from it but as Tommy isn't a reliable source, he isn't naming his source (who has supposedly asked to remain anonymous) which makes it difficult for me to believe, i am going to chose not to believe it. You wouldn't go to court without evidence so i don't think this should be any different (only its not a court, obviously Tongue )

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - mb134 - 01 Mar 2015

(01 Mar 2015, 3:46 pm)Robert wrote No, there is no reason behind the secrecy and there are a couple inconsistencies in Tommy's story which suggests that he could just be making it up to get us going.

Him saying 'that's all i can say' suggests that is a secret. However, if it was a secret, would the company (or whoever took the photo) wouldn't have released it out to this unknown enthusiast who has then shared it (or just shown it) to Tommy which has given him the knowledge of what the livery looks like. The fact that the livery is going to go public tomorrow when the first train enters service just makes it even more pointless to keep it hidden. One could argue that we only need to wait 24 hours which is correct but surely releasing the train's appearance 24 hours in advance isn't going to hurt too much either.

This is just my opinion and no hard feelings should be drawn from it but as Tommy isn't a reliable source, he isn't naming his source (who has supposedly asked to remain anonymous) which makes it difficult for me to believe, i am going to chose not to believe it. You wouldn't go to court without evidence so i don't think this should be any different (only its not a court, obviously Tongue )
Ahh I thought the train with the new livery was meant to enter service today, 91103 or something? Which was why I was a bit puzzled as to why they hadn't posted it on social media, and as to why there were no other pictures of it anywhere. Wink

I just assumed there was secrecy surrounding it as, again, there are no pictures or mass concrete knowledge of what it is, (not doubting Tommy, it's just as he is the only person on here who knows what it is,  I'd be more inclined to believe it was not a secret if there were more people on here that did know, if that makes sense Smile  )

East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - R852 PRG - 01 Mar 2015

Quite looking forward to these proposed plans to extend some services to Sunderland, Middlesbrough, etc.

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - omnicity4659 - 01 Mar 2015

I can't post the images on here, I do not hold the image.

If you want the name of the person please PM me.

Thanks

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - MurdnunoC - 01 Mar 2015

(01 Mar 2015, 3:46 pm)Robert wrote No, there is no reason behind the secrecy and there are a couple inconsistencies in Tommy's story which suggests that he could just be making it up to get us going.

While I'm not going to speculate on whether Tommy is a reliable source or whether is story is true, we must remember that people have the right not to disclose sources and exercise that right for a number of reasons.

Other forum members have access to inside information despite not being directly (or currently) employed within the public transport sector. Presumably, this information comes from [a] source(s) who wish to remain anonymous otherwise the source(s) in question could easily post information without any third-party involvement. If Tommy's source, whomever it is, has asked to remain anonymous we must respect that just like we respect the anonymity of those who provide information to other forum members. 

Time will tell whether Tommy is right or wrong.  

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - S813 FVK - 01 Mar 2015

(01 Mar 2015, 6:14 pm)MurdnunoC wrote While I'm not going to speculate on whether Tommy is a reliable source or whether is story is true, we must remember that people have the right not to disclose sources and exercise that right for a number of reasons.

Other forum members have access to inside information despite not being directly (or currently) employed[Image: arrow-10x10.png] within the public transport sector. Presumably, this information comes from [a] source(s) who wish to remain anonymous otherwise the source(s) in question could easily post information without any third-party involvement. If Tommy's source, whomever it is, has asked to remain anonymous we must respect that just like we respect the anonymity of those who provide information to other forum members. 

Time will tell whether Tommy is right or wrong.  

That is just my opinion of the situation and i didn't say i had a problem with his source wishing to remain anonymous. I'm just simply stating the fact that because he does wish to do so, i am unable to identify if his source is reliable and therefore, in my opinion, i do not want to get my hopes up (not that i need to - its only a train livery) and then be disappointed when it isnt what i was hoping it to be.

Just to clarify my use of 'supposedly' which could throw people off a bit: i used this to emphasize my doubt of the topic in question. I dont mean he isnt telling a lie - he might be correct and if he is, i will openly apologise for my doubt as i have never once said that he was wrong.

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - LeeCalder - 01 Mar 2015

Tommy is actually telling the truth. I was at NCL whilst he and 2 others were there yesterday and another person who I actually didn't know had the image.

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - Andreos1 - 02 Mar 2015

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-31621300

A canny article on privatisation versus nationalisation.
The tory MP seems to be under the misapprehension that the VTEC have sorted out the new stock on the line though.
Here's me thinking the deals had been agreed way back before the line was put up for tender and would have brought about the benefits he mentions, without the need to whore it out.

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - GuyParkRoyal - 02 Mar 2015

SSID on wifi updated to VirginTrainsEC wifi with new Virgin Trains landing page. My train running 6 mins late and in reverse format not a good start for VTEC

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - Kuyoyo - 02 Mar 2015

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ynw02hr7kjyu9x/IMAG1093.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y57ix9zcns2kjzq/IMAG1095.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2ld3ls6ocktcli/IMAG1096.jpg?dl=0

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - 8222 - 02 Mar 2015

I like the carriages but I don't like the DVT or 91 loco design...

East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - R852 PRG - 02 Mar 2015

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/emdjt42/16694692661/in/people/ - photo by emdjt42

I think it looks rather smart.

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - omnicity4659 - 02 Mar 2015

So it turns out that I'm correct.

Next time that someone tells you about new liveries, don't start mouthing off.

91124 was on the 1100 KGX - Edinburgh today, along with a full set. Many were expecting 91103.

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - Tom - 02 Mar 2015

(02 Mar 2015, 5:57 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote So it turns out that I'm correct.

91124 was on the 1100 KGX - Edinburgh today, along with a full set. Many were expecting 91103.

Or you made a good guess?

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - Dan - 02 Mar 2015

I wouldn't take it to heart, Tommy.

When citaro5284 first started posting little bites of information on the forum, not a lot of people believed him as they did not know he had access to "insider information", as it were. As time has progressed and more of what he has suggested has happened, people have began to appreciate that he is a reputable source.

(02 Mar 2015, 5:58 pm)Tom wrote Or you made a good guess?

Don't start, how on bloody earth could I guess details of a livery.

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - R852 PRG - 02 Mar 2015

(02 Mar 2015, 6:02 pm)Dan wrote I wouldn't take it to heart, Tommy.

When citaro5284 first started posting little bites of information on the forum, not a lot of people believed him as they did not know he had access to "insider information", as it were. As time has progressed and more of what he has suggested has happened, people have began to appreciate that he is a reputable source.

In other words: he's an absolute legend.  Big Grin

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - Adrian - 02 Mar 2015

People are obviously going to challenge the information if it's vague, or if it doesn't contain a valid source. It's incredibly naive not to challenge such information.

The whole 'cant tell' & 'I'm not allowed to tell you' doesn't help matters either. It's only going to get people's backs up, especially when people know that it's not because you're tied down by commercial confidentiality (i.e. you're not an employee of the company you have information on).

If in doubt, I'd suggest posting your information in the context of "I believe that the new livery will contain a red body with white trim". Sets your statement out as speculation from the offset, and avoids the negative comments you've had.

That's just my opinion though, and like Fozz says, everybody has one! Smile

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - S813 FVK - 02 Mar 2015

(02 Mar 2015, 6:03 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote Don't start, how on bloody earth could I guess details of a livery.

And how did you expect it to go around without people not believing you? You had no image to prove you were right and the person who showed you the picture asked to be anonymous. I'll use my example from the other day:

You go on a show like Judge Judy asking for $400 (keep it american!!!) for damage to a car. The person you want the $400 from could act as if they didn't even know who you were or that they didn't damage the car. If you didn't have any evidence to back yourself, Judy would have a good right to have doubt that who were you accusing and what you are saying happened is true and therefore ends up saying 'no, because i dont know everything i cant give you $400 - i need more proof that she did it'. Yes, that doesnt usually happen but its a decent example.

Basically, stop getting yourself so wound up because people doubted you because you can't be classed as a 'reliable' (eg. dont work for the company in question) source and you couldn't post either of your sources meaning people were unable to decide whether you were correct or not...

(02 Mar 2015, 6:37 pm)aureolin wrote People are obviously going to challenge the information if it's vague, or if it doesn't contain a valid source. It's incredibly naive not to challenge such information.

The whole 'cant tell' & 'I'm not allowed to tell you' doesn't help matters either. It's only going to get people's backs up, especially when people know that it's not because you're tied down by commercial confidentiality (i.e. you're not an employee of the company you have information on).

If in doubt, I'd suggest posting your information in the context of "I believe that the new livery will contain a red body with white trim". Sets your statement out as speculation from the offset, and avoids the negative comments you've had.

That's just my opinion though, and like Fozz says, everybody has one! Smile

And so eloquently put by him. Big Grin

Agree with all said above, though.

Virgin EC are running a competition on their Twitter page. Tickets up for grabs.

Check it out, retweet the image of 91124 they've got up, and see if you win anything...

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - citaro5284 - 02 Mar 2015

(02 Mar 2015, 7:05 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Virgin EC are running a competition on their Twitter page. Tickets up for grabs.

Check it out, retweet the image of 91124 they've got up, and see if you win anything...

I wonder how you found that out Mr Green  Tongue

(02 Mar 2015, 7:06 pm)citaro5284 wrote I wonder how you found that out Mr Green  Tongue

Definitely didn't have a peek at your Twitter...Wink

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - Adrian - 02 Mar 2015

I'll join in with you both and hoy a RT in too... Wink

I've retweeted it too! Also went begging for goodies to be held, cause I can't make NCL tomorrow! Sad

My word that livery...
... Absolutely AWESOME!

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - citaro5284 - 02 Mar 2015

(02 Mar 2015, 7:20 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote My word that livery...
... Absolutely AWESOME!

I agree it looks good, I think thou when the new trains arrive in 2018, they will look more like West Coast with more silver on.

(02 Mar 2015, 7:21 pm)citaro5284 wrote I agree it looks good, I think thou when the new trains arrive in 2018, they will look more like West Coast with more silver on.

I hope it's just a revised version to the current one.

Am I the only one who thinks the Virgin EC Twitter icon looks really smart? Along with a lot of red on the page itself too?

I think it looks great.