North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1262)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Go North East - Michael - 06 May 2013

Does anyone know when GNE will post the changes to Sunderland Services.. By VOSA changes come in force from 2nd June, that's now less than a month away...

Looks like last minute post once again, probley's 2 weeks before changes.

But the last set of changes was - http://www.simplygo.com/news/bus-service-changes-starting-24-march-2013/ - These were posted well in advance.

RE: Odd Allocations - Dan - 06 May 2013

Cobalt Connect Omni on the 9. At Sunderland now.
Laser 5301 has had a new window put in and a replacement front right corner also I believe. In service again today, after her recent accident.

RE: Odd Allocations - Andreos1 - 06 May 2013

The demo bus at Stanley has been working the 78 today - saw it heading down towards Chester earlier on.

A Waggonway was doing the 34s too, so not sure what has been working the 28s

RE: Go North East - gtom - 06 May 2013

(06 May 2013, 6:44 pm)Andreos1 The demo bus at Stanley has been working the 78 today - saw it heading down towards Chester earlier on.

Purely from observations....A Waggonway is always on the 34 on a Sunday Service. The Waggonway is only hourly on Sundays (no 28A)

I noted it last week but when I've looked back (from drinking in the Market Tavern in Chester) there is ALWAYS a W-Way on the 34's on Sundays

RE: Go North East - Kuyoyo - 06 May 2013

(06 May 2013, 7:57 pm)gtomlinson
(06 May 2013, 6:44 pm)Andreos1 The demo bus at Stanley has been working the 78 today - saw it heading down towards Chester earlier on.

Purely from observations....A Waggonway is always on the 34 on a Sunday Service. The Waggonway is only hourly on Sundays (no 28A)

I noted it last week but when I've looked back (from drinking in the Market Tavern in Chester) there is ALWAYS a W-Way on the 34's on Sundays

Could it be that the Sunday 28s and 34As interwork due to the running times (and the fact the Ouston - Chester-le-Street - Waldridge Park timetable tells through passengers they will have to change bus in Chester-le-Street)?

RE: Go North East - Andreos1 - 06 May 2013

Oh yeah, forgot it was a Sunday Service today... The eldests football training isnt normally on when its a bank holiday - hence the total surprise at the post above about the waggonways working the 34s on a Sunday.

One other quick question though - The Market Tavern? Is it as bad as I remember?
Mind the quiz night I went to there a few years back had some nice free food...

RE: Go North East - Michael - 06 May 2013

intresting the demo versa was on the 78 today wonder if its moved to a diffrent service

RE: Go North East - Malarkey - 06 May 2013

(06 May 2013, 9:20 pm)Michael intresting the demo versa was on the 78 today wonder if its moved to a diffrent service

Hope so, it's about time - I seen it yesterday with 8/78 and V6 on the blind while at the MetroCentre Rally, even the Streetlite Demo is programmed for the 5 and X40 from what I seen.

RE: Go North East - Andreos1 - 06 May 2013

Well after seeing some of the photos from yesterday, we may see a Red Arrow decker working the 88 soon! Smile

As for the demo Versas diagrams, it may be working a different route other than the 44s, it may have been covering a broken down Volvo or just fancied a day out in the sun!
However it might be worth keeping a check over the next few days to see where else it turns up. Whatever the reason, it is a different sort of route to the 44 and it will be good to test the reliability bu pushing it on a steady uphill run west from Chester a few times over the course of the day.

This one would have got to Chester just before 5 heading towards Sunderland.

RE: Go North East - legend - 07 May 2013

Morning all, greets from my 56, today operated by 8222.

RE: Go North East - Dan - 07 May 2013

She has been reported to have been working other services, but we're yet to see photos of any of these occurrences! A rather notable working was when she was reported to have been on Venture town services...!

RE: Go North East - Andreos1 - 07 May 2013

A vague one for someone to maybe check out.
The 238 is due at Seaton coming from Houghton at approx xx.50.

I was on a19 and a decker went over at the time the 238 was due just earlier on.
Not aware of any scholars due at that time and there werent many on it, but cant confirm 100% what number it was.

RE: Go North East - korn90 - 07 May 2013

(06 May 2013, 9:20 pm)Michael intresting the demo versa was on the 78 today wonder if its moved to a diffrent service

The Optare Versa demonstrator, fleet number 9133, has been transferred from Stanley to Gateshead for use on service 58.

The four Scania artics used on Great Park & Ride service X40 are allocated to Saltmeadows depot although they continue to be based at Gateshead.

RE: Odd Allocations - tyresmoke - 07 May 2013

Scania Solar 4949 (Poppy Bus) was seen in Middlesbrough on the X9 this morning, it did the 0900 from Middlesbrough to Newcastle.

RE: Go North East - cbma06 - 07 May 2013

New timetable for the 2A/2C starting date 2nd June 2013 is available online on Simplygo.com

http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/51096.24

New timetable for service 9 has just gone on simplygo website:

http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/51137.58

By the 9 timetable it looks like service X3 will be branded Northern

RE: Go North East - BJ10VUS - 07 May 2013

27X timetable is also online. Seems a very limited service.[attachment=4423]

RE: Go North East - NEB Admin Team - 07 May 2013

Cheers for the updates - looking forward to having a look through Smile

When I was on Traveline the other week for the 27X, I couldn't find any later departures from Newcastle than about 1630 which is quite an early finish, unless the plan is to interwork with some other service at the end of the day.

Rather unhelpfully, my Blackberry can't open PDFs so will have to wait until I get home.

RE: Go North East - chris white - 07 May 2013

SimpliCity Versa 8327 seen on The Laser 35A today.

Chris

RE: Go North East - Panasonic44 - 07 May 2013

Any knows whats happening to 88? Someone said it may get a Decker soon but, not on current 88 due to bridge on the route.

RE: Go North East - Wellsey18 - 07 May 2013

The 27x is a service like the 58x where its mainly focussed on commuters so that's why its limited!!