Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2013

RE: Go North East
Does anyone know when GNE will post the changes to Sunderland Services.. By VOSA changes come in force from 2nd June, that's now less than a month away...

Looks like last minute post once again, probley's 2 weeks before changes.

But the last set of changes was - http://www.simplygo.com/news/bus-service...arch-2013/ - These were posted well in advance.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
RE: Odd Allocations
Cobalt Connect Omni on the 9. At Sunderland now.
Laser 5301 has had a new window put in and a replacement front right corner also I believe. In service again today, after her recent accident.
RE: Odd Allocations
The demo bus at Stanley has been working the 78 today - saw it heading down towards Chester earlier on.

A Waggonway was doing the 34s too, so not sure what has been working the 28s
(06 May 2013, 6:44 pm)Andreos1 wrote The demo bus at Stanley has been working the 78 today - saw it heading down towards Chester earlier on.

Purely from observations....A Waggonway is always on the 34 on a Sunday Service. The Waggonway is only hourly on Sundays (no 28A)

I noted it last week but when I've looked back (from drinking in the Market Tavern in Chester) there is ALWAYS a W-Way on the 34's on Sundays
(06 May 2013, 7:57 pm)gtomlinson wrote
(06 May 2013, 6:44 pm)Andreos1 wrote The demo bus at Stanley has been working the 78 today - saw it heading down towards Chester earlier on.

Purely from observations....A Waggonway is always on the 34 on a Sunday Service. The Waggonway is only hourly on Sundays (no 28A)

I noted it last week but when I've looked back (from drinking in the Market Tavern in Chester) there is ALWAYS a W-Way on the 34's on Sundays

Could it be that the Sunday 28s and 34As interwork due to the running times (and the fact the Ouston - Chester-le-Street - Waldridge Park timetable tells through passengers they will have to change bus in Chester-le-Street)?
Oh yeah, forgot it was a Sunday Service today... The eldests football training isnt normally on when its a bank holiday - hence the total surprise at the post above about the waggonways working the 34s on a Sunday.

One other quick question though - The Market Tavern? Is it as bad as I remember?
Mind the quiz night I went to there a few years back had some nice free food...
(06 May 2013, 9:20 pm)Michael wrote intresting the demo versa was on the 78 today wonder if its moved to a diffrent service

Hope so, it's about time - I seen it yesterday with 8/78 and V6 on the blind while at the MetroCentre Rally, even the Streetlite Demo is programmed for the 5 and X40 from what I seen.
Well after seeing some of the photos from yesterday, we may see a Red Arrow decker working the 88 soon! Smile

As for the demo Versas diagrams, it may be working a different route other than the 44s, it may have been covering a broken down Volvo or just fancied a day out in the sun!
However it might be worth keeping a check over the next few days to see where else it turns up. Whatever the reason, it is a different sort of route to the 44 and it will be good to test the reliability bu pushing it on a steady uphill run west from Chester a few times over the course of the day.

This one would have got to Chester just before 5 heading towards Sunderland.
Site Administrator
She has been reported to have been working other services, but we're yet to see photos of any of these occurrences! A rather notable working was when she was reported to have been on Venture town services...!
A vague one for someone to maybe check out.
The 238 is due at Seaton coming from Houghton at approx xx.50.

I was on a19 and a decker went over at the time the 238 was due just earlier on.
Not aware of any scholars due at that time and there werent many on it, but cant confirm 100% what number it was.
Regular
(06 May 2013, 9:20 pm)Michael wrote intresting the demo versa was on the 78 today wonder if its moved to a diffrent service

The Optare Versa demonstrator, fleet number 9133, has been transferred from Stanley to Gateshead for use on service 58.

The four Scania artics used on Great Park & Ride service X40 are allocated to Saltmeadows depot although they continue to be based at Gateshead.
NEB Admin Team
Unregistered
Cheers for the updates - looking forward to having a look through Smile

When I was on Traveline the other week for the 27X, I couldn't find any later departures from Newcastle than about 1630 which is quite an early finish, unless the plan is to interwork with some other service at the end of the day.

Rather unhelpfully, my Blackberry can't open PDFs so will have to wait until I get home.
key branded dart working the X21 at Chester now

re the 88 comment. It was a throwaway comment by me - something was said about the demo versa having certain routes programmed in to the display, there was a photo of a Red Arrow decker at the bus rally showing 88...
(07 May 2013, 5:40 pm)Wellsey18 wrote The 27x is a service like the 58x where its mainly focussed on commuters so that's why its limited!!

Because most 'commuters' start work at half past 10 in the morning Huh
Regular
(07 May 2013, 5:21 pm)Panasonic44 wrote Any knows whats happening to 88? Someone said it may get a Decker soon but, not on current 88 due to bridge on the route.

88 cannot have a double decker due to a low bridge at High Lane Row, Hebburn i've been on this route thousands of times mainly because its my local route its like double deckers cannot go on these services M1, 2A/2C, 19, 28/28A/28B, 60, 67/69, 8/78/78A, 88, 700, if the 88 were to have a double decker it would divert via hedgeley road where 27 goes up

so the 9 is getting a brand The Nine according to the time table i knew that Northern livery will be a temp on the ominicities til a proper brand comes into force
Regular
(07 May 2013, 6:36 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote http://www.simplygo.com/news/pop-the-cha...ars-young/

Creating a modern Centenary Year inspired bus - give us a tweet if you see it on the road!

Can't Wait to see this, I hope it's a newly designed bus and not a current one with a Centenary Branding.

could be a lolyne to be done all geminis have been all counted for i think it could be 3870 still undergoing repair
(07 May 2013, 12:48 pm)tyresmoke wrote Scania Solar 4949 (Poppy Bus) was seen in Middlesbrough on the X9 this morning, it did the 0900 from Middlesbrough to Newcastle.

Also worked the 1430 X10 from Middlesbrough
CatsFast101
Unregistered
Couldn't of been a decker on 238 as there is the low bridge issue, on the low row at the county border for Sunderland & Seaham. I can't imagine a decker getting through there and also this means no Deckers for the X7 at all, as it goes under same said low bridge, bit of a shame.
PB0002400/494 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: NEWCASTLE AIRPORT TERMINAL
Finish Point: SUNDERLAND PARK LANE INTERCHANGE
Via: COWGATE, NEWCASTLE, HEWORTH INTERCHANGE, HEBBURN, JARROW BUS STATION, BOLDON ASDA
Service Number: 737
Service Type: Normal Stopping/Limited Stop
Effective Date: 30-JUN-2013
Other Details: Daily, hourly stopping points as per timetable

I think it's obvious it's going to be using this service will use the 3 spare Optare Versas that come off the Saltwell Park/Drifter when the rest go onto the Washington Street Shuttle. And will be Operated by Saltmeadows... cast minds back to last week when someone said there was going to be a new service, but wouldn't say as they'd get told off by GNE on Bazza Houstons Group on Facebook.
(07 May 2013, 6:30 pm)korn90 wrote
(07 May 2013, 5:21 pm)Panasonic44 wrote Any knows whats happening to 88? Someone said it may get a Decker soon but, not on current 88 due to bridge on the route.

88 cannot have a double decker due to a low bridge at High Lane Row, Hebburn i've been on this route thousands of times mainly because its my local route its like double deckers cannot go on these services M1, 2A/2C, 19, 28/28A/28B, 60, 67/69, 8/78/78A, 88, 700, if the 88 were to have a double decker it would divert via hedgeley road where 27 goes up

so the 9 is getting a brand The Nine according to the time table i knew that Northern livery will be a temp on the ominicities til a proper brand comes into force

Thanks, It was just when someone said about decker on 88 i thought it going to change but i guess not.

I do hope that 27 will get ominicity sometime soon (if they do) to replace low capability citrons that might help with passenger loads.

Is 737 a morning & late evening service?
Forgot about that bridge. Checked the height of the bridge online and it would be very tight.

Very strange.
I obviously didnt see the number with being on A19 and the bus crossing a bridge over me, but cant work out which other service it could have been, especially with it crossing over at the time the 238 was due and it being the only route along that road (which Im aware of).