North East Buses
Things you don't always think about.... - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off-topic bus chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: Things you don't always think about.... (/showthread.php?tid=1148)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Things you don't always think about.... - DanPicken - 23 Feb 2015

(22 Feb 2015, 9:01 pm)gtom wrote Faux moral outrage

Of course it's fine to attack Hodgson and Co.

No there was no need. I wanted to and I can. I really don't give a fuck either way

People can disagree with me but gtom is right Baz goes round sucking up to every enthusiast he sees trying to convert them to hang around between Eldon Square and Haymarket.

RE: Things you don't always think about.... - Tom - 23 Feb 2015

(23 Feb 2015, 4:25 pm)leestransportphotos wrote Are you taking the piss?!?! You can't just go around talking like that to people

And can you go around talking like that to people?  Huh

RE: Things you don't always think about.... - Malarkey - 23 Feb 2015

(23 Feb 2015, 4:44 pm)Tom wrote And can you go around talking like that to people?  Huh
Bit Hypocritical Tom, dont mean any offense by it but you have spoken rudely to others in the past also on the Forum, I agree with other members angry reaction to gtoms comment about Autism as it was totally uncalled for, being an Autism sufferer myself I am personally offended by the comment in which he made.

RE: Things you don't always think about.... - Dan - 23 Feb 2015

(23 Feb 2015, 4:39 pm)danpick wrote People can disagree with me but gtom is right Baz goes round sucking up to every enthusiast he sees trying to convert them to hang around between Eldon Square and Haymarket.

The original post from gtom had absolutely nothing to do with Bazza - it was a personal attack against me, because I allegedly "trawl" through his posts to argue against the points he has made. Whilst I took it light-heartedly, the comment did cross the line, and it has offended many others.

I think the "Faux moral outrage" comment was made to suggest that, if someone made a comment like that against another enthusiast (such as Steven Hodgson), there would not have been such a huge uproar. However, because it was made against me, a lot of people acquired morally-correct (albeit artificial) views, in my defence.

Nobody on this forum has "attacked" Steven Hodgson or any of the enthusiasts who have been referred to as being "older generation enthusiasts" for a long time now. Comments have been made in the "What's annoying you today?" thread in the past, though these comments have been removed from the public domain for quite a substantial period of time now , and those who did make comments against other enthusiasts in this thread would be breaking forum rules. I was one of the main enthusiasts of the younger generation who had the view of there being a divide between older and younger enthusiasts, but I really couldn't give two monkeys what any other enthusiast thinks of me now: if they're nice to me - I'll be nice to them.

Despite suggestions from members of this forum to remove gtom's comments, as they were quite frankly disgusting, I have kept them up as it shows gtom in a far worse light than myself. A once well-respected member of the community has portrayed himself in a bad light here, and it shows how immature and petty he truly is.

(23 Feb 2015, 4:57 pm)Malarkey wrote Bit Hypocritical Tom, dont mean any offense by it but you have spoken rudely to others in the past also on the Forum, I agree with other members angry reaction to gtoms comment about Autism as it was totally uncalled for, being an Autism sufferer myself I am personally offended by the comment in which he made.

Aye I know I have. 

But if gtom has an opinion so be it, even though it was a absolutely vile thing to say - the only reason I have spoke rudely to people is if they post pointless information, or information that has already been posted.

Anyway lets leave it there.  Wink

(23 Feb 2015, 4:59 pm)Tom wrote Aye I know I have. 

But if gtom has an opinion so be it - the only reason I have spoke rudely to people is if they post pointless information, or information that has already been posted.

Anyway lets leave it there.  Wink

This is a public forum, and it's here for everyone to share their opinions, but there's a line. Just now, Lee did not cross the line. He made a post which was essentially the same as Jimmi's post made last night.

We do have a set of forum rules, which are available here. May I remind everyone of the following rule:
To respect all individuals viewing the forum we have set up a set of guidelines to ensure everyone feels welcomes on the site. We therefore ask that your posts DO NOT contain: 
  • Content which may be seen as offensive to others, both members and non-members, including comments regarding disability, racism, sexism or of a homophobic nature. Moderate profanity is permitted in the Off Topic section of the forum.

(23 Feb 2015, 5:01 pm)Dan wrote This is a public forum, and it's here for everyone to share[Image: arrow-10x10.png] their opinions, but there's a line. Just now, Lee did not cross the line. He made a post which was essentially the same as Jimmi's post made last night.

We do have a set of forum rules, which are available here. May I remind everyone of the following rule:
To respect all individuals viewing the forum we have set up a set of guidelines to ensure everyone feels welcomes on the site. We therefore ask that your posts DO NOT contain: 
  • Content which may be seen as offensive to others, both members and non-members, including comments regarding disability, racism, sexism or of a homophobic nature. Moderate profanity is permitted in the Off Topic section of the forum.

Never realised that rule was in place!
Was a vile thing to say, and a completely agree about you keeping the post. 

(23 Feb 2015, 5:09 pm)Tom wrote Never realised that rule was in place!
Was a vile thing to say, and a completely agree about you keeping the post. 

We're pretty lenient and there's not many posts which we do remove, but there's most certainly a line which shouldn't be crossed. Repeat occurrences of any similar comments regarding autism or direct attacks against other members of the forum community will be removed immediately in future.

RE: Things you don't always think about.... - omnicity4659 - 23 Feb 2015

Since gtom's OP, he has removed his profile picture and signature.

In other words; thrown the toys out of the pram.

RE: Things you don't always think about.... - MurdnunoC - 23 Feb 2015

(23 Feb 2015, 7:55 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote Since gtom's OP, he has removed his profile picture and signature.

Their signature and avatar have been missing since last night.

Does it really mean anything?

RE: Things you don't always think about.... - gtom - 23 Feb 2015

(23 Feb 2015, 7:55 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote Since gtom's OP, he has removed his profile picture and signature.

Or in other words....removed the profile picture and signature.

[Image: 39ed3ddd67b7beb1921ce90712299a1b.jpg]

(23 Feb 2015, 4:58 pm)Dan wrote Despite suggestions from members of this forum to remove gtom's comments, as they were quite frankly disgusting, I have kept them up as it shows gtom in a far worse light than myself. A once well-respected member of the community has portrayed himself in a bad light here, and it shows how immature and petty he truly is.

[Image: tumblr_mznjetqJcl1r299iuo1_r1_500.jpg]

(23 Feb 2015, 8:48 pm)gtom wrote Or in other words....removed the profile picture and signature.

Regarding your new signature, I have removed it.

One of our signature guidelines in our rules states:
  • Do not use images with large text to bypass the previous rule.

Your signature contained a large image with equally large text - including the use of inappropriate language which should not be used outside of the Off-topic section of the forum.

Enjoy your drink - perhaps I can guess what your response to the above may be.

(23 Feb 2015, 8:59 pm)Dan wrote Regarding your new signature, I have removed it.

One of our signature guidelines in our rules states:
  • Do not use images with large text to bypass the previous rule.

Your signature contained a large image with equally large text - including the use of inappropriate language which should not be used outside of the Off-topic section of the forum.

Enjoy your drink - perhaps I can guess what your response to the above may be.

[Image: 5c225fcc36bef6930f09dae1993abb86225ae801...776649.jpg]

(23 Feb 2015, 4:25 pm)leestransportphotos wrote Are you taking the piss?!?! You can't just go around talking like that to people

[Image: 200_s.gif]

(23 Feb 2015, 9:03 pm)gtom wrote [Image: OUbbb.jpg]

Well I was close enough! The caption missed one key word that you seem to have become acquainted with as of late...

(23 Feb 2015, 9:05 pm)Dan wrote Well I was close enough! The caption missed one key word that you seem to have become acquainted with as of late...

[Image: 15784367.jpg]

RE: Things you don't always think about.... - Michael - 23 Feb 2015

People need to fucking grow up, your like bloody children.

(23 Feb 2015, 9:17 pm)Michael wrote People need to fucking grow up, your like bloody children.

[Image: im-all-out-of-ideas.jpg]

RE: Things you don't always think about.... - Adrian - 23 Feb 2015

Moderation note: I'm closing this thread, as it's serving no purpose to the original topic of discussion.