North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1353)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Michael - 20 Feb 2014

In the bus and coach pages 14,15 and 16 are all about Stagecoach in Sunderland's Gas bus launch

Also it mentions the gas buses are to enter service on the 24th February this due to the completion of the first phase of the fueling station, this due to finish on the 21.2.14 (tomorrow)... with the 2nd phase arriving later in the year... not sure if he means for the filling station or rest of of the gas buses because their due well before the end of the year.

Here is the link to the bus and coach magazine! - http://www.busandcoachbuyer.com/virtual-magazine/21st-february-2014-issue-1264/

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Dan - 20 Feb 2014

(20 Feb 2014, 10:11 am)Michael wrote In the bus and coach pages 14,15 and 16 are all about Stagecoach in Sunderland's Gas bus launch

Also it mentions the gas buses are to enter service on the 24th February this due to the completion of the first phase of the fueling station, this due to finish on the 21.2.14 (tomorrow)... with the 2nd phase arriving later in the year... not sure if he means for the filling station or rest of of the gas buses because their due well before the end of the year.

Here is the link to the bus and coach magazine! - http://www.busandcoachbuyer.com/virtual-magazine/21st-february-2014-issue-1264/

I'm told enthusiasts were quoted the same date by Stagecoach on the Open Day, so it's probably right! Tongue

(20 Feb 2014, 10:26 am)Dan wrote I'm told enthusiasts were quoted the same date by Stagecoach on the Open Day, so it's probably right! Tongue

=D, Woooo

Dan have a look through the magazine (u probable's have to make a account), theirs 3 pages of info.

It states to that the current interim solution has a capability of u to 25 buses on daily operation - will need to increase when the other 23 enter service.

Also has 43 seats.

When the 17 Non DDA? get withdrawn where will they go for storage?, theirs no room at Wheatchef or will they go straight to the scrap man.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 20 Feb 2014

(20 Feb 2014, 10:53 am)Michael wrote When the 17 Non DDA? get withdrawn where will they go for storage?, theirs no room at Wheatchef or will they go straight to the scrap man.

Where have they been storing the gas E300s Wink Plenty of space.

(20 Feb 2014, 11:29 am)tyresmoke wrote Where have they been storing the gas E300s Wink Plenty of space.

Cheers Tongue thought they might of went to scrap straight away

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 20 Feb 2014

(20 Feb 2014, 11:31 am)Michael wrote Cheers Tongue thought they might of went to scrap straight away

I'm not sure how many they will scrap and how many will be sold. It's possible they may take a few of the worst condition ones and spread them out around the depots to use for spares to keep the others going whilst they wait for the rest of the new orders to arrive.

Walking past sunderland depot and the gas re-fueling system looks complete, its still fenced off.

Cant wait for them to enter service on Monday Big Grin

Theirs at least 7 gas buses parked out the back amd 3 parked in the depot at the front

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - DavidP - 21 Feb 2014

(20 Feb 2014, 10:53 am)Michael wrote When the 17 Non DDA? get withdrawn where will they go for storage?, theirs no room at Wheatchef or will they go straight to the scrap man.

I have vague recollections from the time when Wheatsheaf opened that Stagecoach said the garage could hold about 120 buses. If my memory is not letting me down then that suggests that there would be plenty of room for the 17 gas buses waiting to enter service + the 17 buses they are about to replace (or after Monday - the 17 gas buses newly entered into service plus the 17 they have just replaced!)

Regards
David P

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Michael - 21 Feb 2014

(21 Feb 2014, 10:05 am)DavidP wrote I have vague recollections from the time when Wheatsheaf opened that Stagecoach said the garage could hold about 120 buses. If my memory is not letting me down then that suggests that there would be plenty of room for the 17 gas buses waiting to enter service + the 17 buses they are about to replace (or after Monday - the 17 gas buses newly entered into service plus the 17 they have just replaced!)

Regards
David P

Thanks for the info, wouldn't think it could hold up to 140 buses.

Does anyone know if the Gas buses will be registered again for the 2014 plates or will stop as 13 plates.. as their due to enter service on Monday

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Dan - 21 Feb 2014

(21 Feb 2014, 11:52 am)Michael wrote Does anyone know if the Gas buses will be registered again for the 2014 plates or will stop as 13 plates.. as their due to enter service on Monday

They'll keep their current registrations. They were registered with the DVLA just before driver familiarisation started - that was the give away!

(21 Feb 2014, 11:52 am)Dan wrote They'll keep their current registrations. They were registered with the DVLA just before driver familiarisation started - that was the give away!

I must of missed that post Undecided

Think the 16 will be start of my route to college on Monday morning...

The 16 then 56 and then the 4 haha

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 21 Feb 2014

(21 Feb 2014, 11:52 am)Dan wrote They'll keep their current registrations. They were registered with the DVLA just before driver familiarisation started - that was the give away!

Plus, even if they hadn't already been registered with the DVLA prior to now, 14 reg doesn't come in until next Saturday so they'd still retain 63 plates

(21 Feb 2014, 11:57 am)Kuyoyo wrote Plus, even if they hadn't already been registered with the DVLA prior to now, 14 reg doesn't come in until next Saturday so they'd still retain 63 plates

Thanks for the extra info =).

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/wallsend-yob-attacked-nexus-data-6729800

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - JakeSavage - 21 Feb 2014

Re gas buses: I'm given to understand that they'll be on a phased introduction, in service around middle of next week.

(21 Feb 2014, 8:28 pm)JakeSavage wrote Re gas buses: I'm given to understand that they'll be on a phased introduction, in service around middle of next week.

Ah so they wont be all out at once on Monday like they said Sad

All 17 i would think will be out by Friday

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - alibill_36 - 24 Feb 2014

22013 at Chichester at teatime presume on repair.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Dan - 25 Feb 2014

(25 Feb 2014, 3:21 am)ADLEnviro wrote One of the ones that will be heading to stockton soon, just cant remember the rest of the transfer list off the top of my head.

The ad will do a fat load of good down there!

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Michael - 25 Feb 2014

Currently normal allocations to the 16, 2 MANs heading
up to hastings hill...

Im currently 22072 on the 16... Sad

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Simm101 - 25 Feb 2014

According to the "Stagecoach Bus News and Photos" Facebook group, North East B10BLE 21104 is about to be acquired by the Wigan Transport Trust (21104 used to be Stagecoach Manchester's 604).

It is good to see that at least one B10BLE will be preserved (if the purchase does go ahead).

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Dan - 25 Feb 2014

(25 Feb 2014, 4:23 pm)Simm101 wrote According to the "Stagecoach Bus News and Photos" Facebook group, North East B10BLE 21104 is about to be acquired by the Wigan Transport Trust (21104 used to be Stagecoach Manchester's 604).

It is good to see that at least one B10BLE will be preserved (if the purchase does go ahead).

That's correct - it was mentioned a few days ago here.

Simon Flower of Wigan Transport Trust recently confirmed in an e-mail that one of the group's members has acquired 21104 on behalf of the Trust. "Paperwork is just being finalised I understand and it should be moved out soon".

Walking past wheatchef, the gas cylindor is now in place and workmen are working on the pump area, all since fenced up.

Theirs about 7 parked up out the back, not sure where the rest of them are.

PB0002404/1 - BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Slatyford and Four Lane Ends given service number 1 effective from 17-Feb-2014. To amend Route and Stopping Places.

PB0002404/4 - BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Wallsend and Throckley given service number 22 effective from 17-Feb-2014. To amend Route and Stopping Places.

PB0002404/27 - BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Freeman Hospital and Central Station or Metrocentre given service number 6/7/8 effective from 17-Feb-2014. To amend Route and Stopping Places.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Acky81 - 26 Feb 2014

Where's all Sunderland cast offs going then?? Can't believe I saw an S reg man in Sunderland 453

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 26 Feb 2014

(26 Feb 2014, 12:04 am)Acky81 wrote Where's all Sunderland cast offs going then?? Can't believe I saw an S reg man in Sunderland 453

Non-DDA examples - disposal, likely some move to other depots as parts doners to keep the other MANs going
The DDA examples - depots with Non-DDA examples to be replaced (likely Slatyford)

Sunderland currently have 44 MAN ALX300s, come September that will likely be just 4 (maybe 5) of the best non-DDA examples before they are replaced next year. The DDA MANs will be leaving due to the scale of the depot's investment and the currently rumoured low investment in the North East again this year.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - glen123 - 26 Feb 2014

please tell me we getting more mans from sunderland again we dont me mans for sunderland see i was rigth again

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Acky81 - 26 Feb 2014

(26 Feb 2014, 12:39 am)glen123 wrote please tell me we getting more mans from sunderland again we dont me mans for sunderland see i was rigth again

Eh

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - glen123 - 26 Feb 2014

All i am saying teesside need new buses not ex mans from other depots