North East Buses
Go North East: Service Suggestions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Service Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=75)

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - DanPicken - 24 Aug 2015

(24 Aug 2015, 6:25 pm)LeeCalder wrote GET IN! BARLEY MOW Wink

And Brockley Whins! Smile

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - MrFozz - 24 Aug 2015

(24 Aug 2015, 6:26 pm)GX03 SVC wrote With indirect links to Ashington.  Wink
Are you actually serious about that mate...

I know this is a suggestions thread, but really, can we not delve into the realms of complete fantasy

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - omnicity4659 - 24 Aug 2015

(24 Aug 2015, 6:27 pm)MrFozz wrote Your idea is maddest journey since Malarkey proposed a service to Gretna, Annan and Dumfries Big Grin

What about running the Q1/Q2 to Seaham and Murton? Then I can merge the 60/61 into the Q1/Q2!  Big Grin

(24 Aug 2015, 6:29 pm)MrFozz wrote Are you actually serious about that mate...

I know this is a suggestions thread, but really, can we not delve into the realms of complete fantasy

I might send it to GNE and see what the answer is.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 24 Aug 2015

(24 Aug 2015, 6:30 pm)DanPicken wrote I might send it to GNE and see what the answer is.

Straight into the Spam/Junk Mail with no response.

(24 Aug 2015, 6:30 pm)DanPicken wrote I might send it to GNE and see what the answer is.

How's about a no..... might drive some passengers from certain areas up the wall...

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Dan - 24 Aug 2015

(24 Aug 2015, 6:33 pm)Malarkey wrote Straight into the Spam/Junk Mail with no response.

Malarkey speaks from experience, obviously.  Big Grin

Anyway - can we stop the silliness and actually come up with some realistic suggestions now?

(24 Aug 2015, 6:29 pm)GX03 SVC wrote What about running the Q1/Q2 to Seaham and Murton? Then I can merge the 60/61 into the Q1/Q2!  Big Grin
I want sod all to do with it, I would commit suicide in a gruesome way going on that from point to point...

Instead of merging nearly every route in Tyne and Wear you could probably get quite a few seperate ideas if you took the idea apart

You should mate...

Tell me what they say, I am willing to bet it would not get further from somebodies inbox

(24 Aug 2015, 6:33 pm)Dan wrote Malarkey speaks from experience, obviously.  Big Grin

Anyway - can we stop the silliness and actually come up with some realistic suggestions now?
Here Here...

I echo your opinion Dan, it is crackers...Looks like a lot of Tyne and Wear services would be merged to accomodate it Big Grin

Though it could modified to pull up on your driveway if that would make you happy and to Fencehouses to keep Andreos Castro and his bunch of Revolutionaries happy lol

The 1730 19 arrival in Ashington is quite a busy service, most passengers don't need the 'around the estates' route.

19A would run the current 19 route but will avoid Seaton Delaval and the Cramlington estates, after I used the 19 the other day, passengers were quite bored and the only places where a large amount of people board and alight are Cobalt, Cramlington, Bedlington and Ashington. Of course 19A would run peak times only with 2 journeys both ways per day.

The daytime and very late 19 services to Ashington from Silverlink/Cobalt will remain as 19.

(24 Aug 2015, 6:33 pm)Dan wrote Malarkey speaks from experience, obviously.  Big Grin

Never actually sent any suggestions into GNE, I believe the current 2/2A & 33/33A were based around a Suggestion I had made on here.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - citaro5284 - 24 Aug 2015

(24 Aug 2015, 6:47 pm)Malarkey wrote Never actually sent any suggestions into GNE, I believe the current 2/2A & 33/33A were based around a Suggestion I had made on here.

Who told you that  Tongue

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - R852 PRG - 24 Aug 2015

(24 Aug 2015, 6:47 pm)Malarkey wrote Never actually sent any suggestions into GNE, I believe the current 2/2A & 33/33A were based around a Suggestion I had made on here.

I'm not so sure on that one!

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Adrian - 24 Aug 2015

(24 Aug 2015, 6:49 pm)citaro5284 wrote Who told you that  Tongue

Remind me who suggested Alan Robson doing NSA voice-overs? I take claim. Angel

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - citaro5284 - 24 Aug 2015

(24 Aug 2015, 6:53 pm)aureolin wrote Remind me who suggested Alan Robson doing NSA voice-overs? I take claim. Angel

I cannot remember that like  Wink and the drivers love you for it!!

OOOUUUSSEBBUURRNNN VALLEY

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - MurdnunoC - 24 Aug 2015

Slightly off-topic but relevant to the conversation, I had the idea for Breaking Bad first!

Delusion is a wonderful thing!

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Adrian - 24 Aug 2015

(24 Aug 2015, 6:56 pm)citaro5284 wrote I cannot remember that like  Wink and the drivers love you for it!!

OOOUUUSSEBBUURRNNN VALLEY

Here we go

I can't see what's not to like. It's a quality voice-over, and really the only thing that is missing, is "GEEETT TO THOSE PHONESSS!" Big Grin

(24 Aug 2015, 6:59 pm)aureolin wrote Here we go

I can't see what's not to like. It's a quality voice-over, and really the only thing that is missing, is "GEEETT TO THOSE PHONESSS!" Big Grin
Should have me doing NSAs...

Infact maybe not, my innuendoes and dirty mind mau not go down well Big Grin

(24 Aug 2015, 6:52 pm)R852 PRG wrote I'm not so sure on that one!

Have a flick back through this thread and you will see a suggestion of extending the old 42 from Silksworth to Doxford International prior to the last set of changes in the Sunderland Area.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - R852 PRG - 24 Aug 2015

(24 Aug 2015, 9:03 pm)Malarkey wrote Have a flick back through this thread and you will see a suggestion of extending the old 42 from Silksworth to Doxford International prior to the last set of changes in the Sunderland Area.

Does that mean the service changes were based off of your idea though?

(24 Aug 2015, 9:07 pm)R852 PRG wrote Does that mean the service changes were based off of your idea though?

Not necessarily, but what is not to say a GNE Employee looked at my Suggestion on the Forum though and then passed it on, hasnt been said in the past that GNE Managing Directors etc view the forum every now and again.

(24 Aug 2015, 6:35 pm)MrFozz wrote I want sod all to do with it, I would commit suicide in a gruesome way going on that from point to point...

Instead of merging nearly every route in Tyne and Wear you could probably get quite a few seperate ideas if you took the idea apart

You should mate...

Tell me what they say, I am willing to bet it would not get further from somebodies inbox
I think it would be better split but advertised as a no change connection of 5-8 buses.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 03 Sep 2015

21 - Durham - Framwellgate Moor - Plawsworth - Chester le Street - Birtley - Harlow Green - Low Fell - Gateshead - Newcastle
  • Frequency Increased to Operate Every 10 Minutes between Durham and Newcastle
21A - Chester le Street - Birtley - Harlow Green - Low Fell - Gateshead - Newcastle Pilgrim Street
  • Frequency Increased to Operate Every 10 Minutes
  • Current Short Service 21 will be Renumbered 21A
  • Service will Terminate at Pilgrim Street to provide Links around Newcastle City Centre
22 - Chester le Street - Barley Mow - Portobello - Eighton Banks - Wrekenton - Q.E. Hospital - Gateshead - Newcastle
  • Operating Every 15 Minutes
  • Replaces Current Services 28/X25
  • Links to Langley Park provided by the Revised 34/34A (See Below)
28 - Chester le Street - Pelton Fell - Grange Villa - Beamish - Kibblesworth - Gateshead - Newcastle
  • Operating Every 20 Minutes
  • Current Service 28 replaced by Service 22
  • Current Service 28A Renumbered 28
34/34A - Langley Park - Witton Gilbert - Sacriston - Waldridge Park - Chester le Street - South Pelaw - Pelton - Perkinsville - Ouston - Urpeth Grange - Birtley - Barley Mow - Portmeads - Birtley Northside - Birtley - Urpeth Grange - Ouston - Perkinsville - Pelton - South Pelaw - Chester le Street - Waldridge Park - Sacriston - Witton Gilbert - Langley Park
  • Service 34/34A is extended to both Langley Park & Birtley replacing Service X25 which would be Withdrawn
  • Providing Local Connections to Chester le Street Town Centre
  • Providing Connections to Services to Newcastle, Sunderland, South Shields, Washington, Durham, Stanley, Consett & Bishop Auckland

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - R852 PRG - 03 Sep 2015

(03 Sep 2015, 2:57 pm)Malarkey wrote 21 - Durham - Framwellgate Moor - Plawsworth - Chester le Street - Birtley - Harlow Green - Low Fell - Gateshead - Newcastle
21A - Chester le Street - Birtley - Harlow Green - Low Fell - Gateshead - Newcastle Pilgrim Street
  • Service will Terminate at Pilgrim Street to provide Links around Newcastle City Centre
22 - Chester le Street - Barley Mow - Portobello - Eighton Banks - Wrekenton - Q.E. Hospital - Gateshead - Newcastle
28 - Chester le Street - Pelton Fell - Grange Villa - Beamish - Kibblesworth - Gateshead - Newcastle
34/34A - Langley Park - Witton Gilbert - Sacriston - Waldridge Park - Chester le Street - South Pelaw - Pelton - Perkinsville - Ouston - Urpeth Grange - Birtley - Barley Mow - Portmeads - Birtley Northside - Birtley - Urpeth Grange - Ouston - Perkinsville - Pelton - South Pelaw - Chester le Street - Waldridge Park - Sacriston - Witton Gilbert - Langley Park
  • Service 34/34A is extended to both Langley Park & Birtley replacing Service X25 which would be Withdrawn
  • Providing Connections to Services to Newcastle, Sunderland, South Shields, Washington, Durham, Stanley, Consett & Bishop Auckland

Regarding the first idea - is an increase in frequency justified? 

Then with the 34/34A suggestion, I'm not sure if merging some services together is the answer. Both the X25 and 34/34A seem to do alright as it is in my opinion. ''If it ain't broke, don't fix it''.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Adrian - 03 Sep 2015

I reckon the 21 to Durham could only justify 10 mins in the morning and afternoon rush.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - LVK 404L - 03 Sep 2015

(03 Sep 2015, 2:57 pm)Malarkey wrote 21 - Durham - Framwellgate Moor - Plawsworth - Chester le Street - Birtley - Harlow Green - Low Fell - Gateshead - Newcastle

Current service 28A renumbered 28, which was part of the original grouping of the 28/28A would only cause confusion to the majority of the elderly customers who use this route, would be better off changing the number altogather

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - citaro5284 - 03 Sep 2015

(03 Sep 2015, 3:35 pm)ifm001 wrote Current service 28A renumbered 28, which was part of the original grouping of the 28/28A would only cause confusion to the majority of the elderly customers who use this route, would be better off changing the number altogather

Lets do it then  Tongue

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - LeeCalder - 03 Sep 2015

Why would you run another service to Birtley Northside if you already have the 82/82A which runs there and no one ever gets on or off ther?

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - R852 PRG - 03 Sep 2015

Oh and another thing... The Langley Park-Chester-le-Street section of the present X25 would lose it's link to Gateshead and Newcastle; believe it or not, it gets a few passengers. A change at Chester-le-Street would be an inconvenience. Passengers don't like being inconvenienced.

I think the aforementioned services are fine how they are. No need to change them.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - nk55 - 03 Sep 2015

Only routes i'd change are the X21 to run every 15 mins between newcastle & Durham with a 30 min extension to bishop auckland, but stop at all stops between chester & durham. Service 21 increased to every 5 mins between newcastle & eighton lodge roundabout (angel), every 10 mins onwards to chester (red lion) & every 30 mins to durham, with X21 providing 6 buses an hour between chester & durham.