North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Kuyoyo - 13 Mar 2015

(13 Mar 2015, 8:59 pm)Tom Also, do you think blinds like Arriva Durham's would work? I think they look quite smart. 

You mean the now-phased out screens? All depots south of the Tyne now use the standardised screens finished used by Stockton and Redcar depot since Feburary 2013 (Stockton) and July 2013 (Redcar).

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Tom - 13 Mar 2015

Like these:

[Image: 16598478897_0419766e9b.jpg]IMG_1183 by emdjt42, on Flickr

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Kuyoyo - 13 Mar 2015

(13 Mar 2015, 7:23 pm)Michael Nice one Kuyoyo, nothing better than doing online courses Tongue 

(13 Mar 2015, 7:25 pm)aureolin Congrats on the job. Smile

(13 Mar 2015, 8:45 pm)Davie All the best, and I hope you enjoy it 

Thanks all.

New pub opening in Thornaby next month - Anson Farm, part of the Farmhouse Inn chain of the Greene King group. Is a few up in Wearside already, we're the 30th of the chain to open.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 13 Mar 2015

(13 Mar 2015, 8:59 pm)Tom Ah okay, it just looks different for some reason when I see it.

Yeah, but I'd love to see the ''Shops x-y-z'' bit implemented. 

Also, do you think blinds like Arriva Durham's would work? I think they look quite smart. 

The font which used to be used on the route numbers for Arriva's Belmont-based buses appears to be Arial, which is the same font Go North East has used for its 56 and 58 route numbers since the new vehicles for these routes entered service (late 2013). I think Arriva actually rolled this style of destination display out after Go North East, and it certainly isn't the first time Arriva has adopted ideas Go North East has rolled out first. Other operators do it, too, and Jim Hughes are reportedly using the exact same "NOT IN SERVICE" destination as Go North East, with a box surrounding it.

It's incredibly unlikely that the style of our destinations will change any time in the near future. It would involve quite a lot of work to change all of the current destinations to a new style, and it would involve a large amount of overtime for staff to upload the new destinations to vehicles overnight. Aside from that, Go North East prefers to have larger via points so customers can actually see them. Although I prefer the styling of having a larger terminus point and smaller via points, this has not proven successful when trialled in the past.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 13 Mar 2015

Speaking of Arriva. Seen a Lowlander in service this morning, with "MAXimum Impact" or something on the blind. I assume it was on the X12, and the only impact it's making is on the customer's ability to get to work on time.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - R852 PRG - 13 Mar 2015

(13 Mar 2015, 9:08 pm)Kuyoyo Thanks all.

New pub opening in Thornaby next month - Anson Farm, part of the Farmhouse Inn chain of the Greene King group. Is a few up in Wearside already, we're the 30th of the chain to open.

Good luck with the job.  Wink

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 13 Mar 2015

(13 Mar 2015, 9:23 pm)aureolin Speaking of Arriva. Seen a Lowlander in service this morning, with "MAXimum Impact" or something on the blind. I assume it was on the X12, and the only impact it's making is on the customer's ability to get to work on time.

Saw something like that back in January I think said something like: X12/X2 (can't remember the rest but had MAXimum Impact in there somewhere).

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MurdnunoC - 14 Mar 2015

Lovely view at the gym this morning.

Don't usually feel the need to use the Chest Press but something I liked encouraged me to do 150 reps.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 14 Mar 2015

(14 Mar 2015, 12:24 pm)MurdnunoC Lovely view at the gym this morning.

Don't usually feel the need to use the Chest Press but something I liked encouraged me to do 150 reps.
What was the view then Adam...

Was it the sight of of a young womans Chesticles or a nice looking Arse Big Grin

(14 Mar 2015, 12:38 pm)MrFozz What was the view then Adam...

Was it the sight of of a young womans Chesticles or a nice looking Arse Big Grin

Being the gentleman that I am, I couldn't possibly comment  Angel

RE: Whats made you happy today? - roar - 14 Mar 2015

(14 Mar 2015, 12:24 pm)MurdnunoC Lovely view at the gym this morning.

150 is a good amount, how many sets and at what weight? 

I usually play safe and go 5 sets of 20 at 45kg on days 1 and 4 as these are my high protein after workout days at 60g plus one progain and testinate.

(14 Mar 2015, 12:57 pm)roar 150 is a good amount, how many sets and at what weight? 

I usually play safe and go 5 sets of 20 at 45kg on days 1 and 4 as these are my high protein after workout days at 60g plus one progain and testinate.

I wasn't really planning on doing any chest-reps today. I usually do cardio (running and swimming) when I goto the gym but I wouldn't mind starting to do weights. The thing is I find weights quite tedious so I lose motivation quickly.

I did 15 sets at 10kgs today, but like I said, I had other things on my mind  Wink

(14 Mar 2015, 12:42 pm)MurdnunoC Being the gentleman that I am, I couldn't possibly comment  Angel
Being the gentleman you are...I am sure that has confirmed it for me [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

(14 Mar 2015, 1:06 pm)MurdnunoC I wasn't really planning on doing any chest-reps today. I usually do cardio (running and swimming) when I goto the gym but I wouldn't mind starting to do weights. The thing is I find weights quite tedious so I lose motivation quickly.

I did 15 sets at 10kgs today, but like I said, I had other things on my mind  Wink

1500kg in a session is quite good if you more into your cardio. I'm the other way round that I find the cardio a bit boring, might be due to the times I use the gym though as they isn't usually anything worth admiring on the treadmill in front to motivate me into thinking another mile and I will catch that. 

(14 Mar 2015, 1:13 pm)MrFozz Being the gentleman you are...I am sure that has confirmed it for me [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

When I'm entering or leaving the gym I'm the perfect gentleman too MrFozz, I always open or keep the door open for the ladies, its only polite that if you smile at the front you should be given the opportunity to smile at the rear. 

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 14 Mar 2015

Wish people would be nice at my gym, last night someone got arsey with me because I stepped over his towel, not my fault you put it on the floor where the only access to the only cross trainer is - moron!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 14 Mar 2015

I have had some rotten luck recently so here's some good stuff from this week.

Been to a gig in Newcastle tonight and pleased to say that it was an enjoyable night out.

I also enjoyed my trip to Manchester earlier in the week to see Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, although didn't enjoy my phone dying whilst I was sat in McDonalds.

(14 Mar 2015, 1:21 pm)roar When I'm entering or leaving the gym I'm the perfect gentleman too MrFozz, I always open or keep the door open for the ladies, its only polite that if you smile at the front you should be given the opportunity to smile at the rear. 
Love it roar...Never a truer word spoken my friend

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 15 Mar 2015

No uni work due in this week!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 16 Mar 2015

(16 Mar 2015, 9:33 pm)Adam With it being St Patrick's Day tomorrow, my uni's Students Union are hosting an all day and night party. According to the Facebook event, there's 4,500 people going!

I hope you don't have a productive day planned for Wednesday... Wink