Menu

Pages (136)    157 58 59136   
roar   14 Mar 2015, 12:57 pm
(14 Mar 2015, 12:24 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Lovely view at the gym this morning.

Don't usually feel the need to use the Chest Press but something I liked encouraged me to do 150 reps.

150 is a good amount, how many sets and at what weight? 

I usually play safe and go 5 sets of 20 at 45kg on days 1 and 4 as these are my high protein after workout days at 60g plus one progain and testinate.
MurdnunoC   14 Mar 2015, 1:06 pm
(14 Mar 2015, 12:57 pm)roar wrote 150 is a good amount, how many sets and at what weight? 

I usually play safe and go 5 sets of 20 at 45kg on days 1 and 4 as these are my high protein after workout days at 60g plus one progain and testinate.

I wasn't really planning on doing any chest-reps today. I usually do cardio (running and swimming) when I goto the gym but I wouldn't mind starting to do weights. The thing is I find weights quite tedious so I lose motivation quickly.

I did 15 sets at 10kgs today, but like I said, I had other things on my mind  Wink
MrFozz   14 Mar 2015, 1:13 pm
(14 Mar 2015, 12:42 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Being the gentleman that I am, I couldn't possibly comment  Angel
Being the gentleman you are...I am sure that has confirmed it for me [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]
roar   14 Mar 2015, 1:17 pm
(14 Mar 2015, 1:06 pm)MurdnunoC wrote I wasn't really planning on doing any chest-reps today. I usually do cardio (running and swimming) when I goto the gym but I wouldn't mind starting to do weights. The thing is I find weights quite tedious so I lose motivation quickly.

I did 15 sets at 10kgs today, but like I said, I had other things on my mind  Wink

1500kg in a session is quite good if you more into your cardio. I'm the other way round that I find the cardio a bit boring, might be due to the times I use the gym though as they isn't usually anything worth admiring on the treadmill in front to motivate me into thinking another mile and I will catch that. 
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
roar   14 Mar 2015, 1:21 pm
(14 Mar 2015, 1:13 pm)MrFozz wrote Being the gentleman you are...I am sure that has confirmed it for me [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

When I'm entering or leaving the gym I'm the perfect gentleman too MrFozz, I always open or keep the door open for the ladies, its only polite that if you smile at the front you should be given the opportunity to smile at the rear. 
Jimmi   14 Mar 2015, 1:44 pm
Wish people would be nice at my gym, last night someone got arsey with me because I stepped over his towel, not my fault you put it on the floor where the only access to the only cross trainer is - moron!
Jimmi   14 Mar 2015, 11:51 pm
I have had some rotten luck recently so here's some good stuff from this week.

Been to a gig in Newcastle tonight and pleased to say that it was an enjoyable night out.

I also enjoyed my trip to Manchester earlier in the week to see Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, although didn't enjoy my phone dying whilst I was sat in McDonalds.
MrFozz   14 Mar 2015, 11:53 pm
(14 Mar 2015, 1:21 pm)roar wrote When I'm entering or leaving the gym I'm the perfect gentleman too MrFozz, I always open or keep the door open for the ladies, its only polite that if you smile at the front you should be given the opportunity to smile at the rear. 
Love it roar...Never a truer word spoken my friend
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   15 Mar 2015, 10:17 am
No uni work due in this week!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Adrian   16 Mar 2015, 9:36 pm
(16 Mar 2015, 9:33 pm)Adam wrote With it being St Patrick's Day tomorrow, my uni's Students Union are hosting an all day and night party. According to the Facebook event, there's 4,500 people going!

I hope you don't have a productive day planned for Wednesday... Wink

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
R852 PRG   16 Mar 2015, 9:41 pm
(16 Mar 2015, 9:33 pm)Adam wrote With it being St Patrick's Day tomorrow, my uni's Students Union are hosting an all day and night party. According to the Facebook event, there's 4,500 people going!

I imagine 47% of whom are travelling across from the United States, 34% are coming all the way from Asia to see what's up over here, a further 6% are making the voyage across from Sweden, oh, and let's not forget 3% who are currently on their way across the Gobi Desert, intent on arriving when everyone is conked out.

Only 10% of the people there will actually study at your university, Adam. Wink

I say random stuff sometimes. Big Grin
Adrian   17 Mar 2015, 10:40 am
Randomly selected by GNE for a 7 day 3+ zone ticket. Just goes to show that it's worthwhile filling their surveys in! Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
LeeCalder   17 Mar 2015, 11:07 am
Well done! I tend to fill them in but never win lol
tyresmoke   17 Mar 2015, 11:21 am
Virgin Media giving me the chance to upgrade to a higher data allowance and unlimited calls/texts for less money Wink Dad's been on that tariff for a while and managed to get all of us onto the same bundle. So 1GB of data and all the rest for just £5

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Jimmi   17 Mar 2015, 11:27 am
In just over 6 months, I have now got a 100 people following me on Flickr.

Although I am aware that some are just following me in the hope I follow them so they get more views, follower 100s Photostream was just full of black and white pictures of people.

I am also aware that some of you will have more followers than me.
Andreos1   17 Mar 2015, 11:55 am

Talking of alcohol, have you been into the Bier Keller yet?

Obviously not Irish, but imagine it will be good come Oktober fest time

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MurdnunoC   17 Mar 2015, 12:24 pm

In my five years at Northumbria University I can assure you that you can't get moved in any of the bars there on St Patricks Day. For anyone wanting a quiet day at the library - forget it. Because the bars are jam-packed, most students tend congregate around the area outside the Student Union building. It's pretty much packed from opening to closing time and the noise travels - you can't get way from it.
Simmy   17 Mar 2015, 2:57 pm
After numerous interviews with various companies, I have been offered a 1-year internship as a Software Engineer for Hewlett Packard in Bristol. I will mainly be working on developing code for RedHat Linux servers as part of HP's Corporate Data Storage division. The internship starts on the 1st of July (the day after my birthday, so no partying for me Tongue ) and lasts until July 2016. The good news is that I should be able to see all of the new arrivals to the Go North East fleet before I leave the North East and become a posh Southerner Wink .
R852 PRG   17 Mar 2015, 3:45 pm
(17 Mar 2015, 2:57 pm)Simmy wrote After numerous interviews with various companies, I have been offered a 1-year internship as a Software Engineer for Hewlett Packard in Bristol. I will mainly be working on developing code for RedHat Linux servers as part of HP's Corporate Data Storage division. The internship starts on the 1st of July (the day after my birthday, so no partying for me Tongue ) and lasts until July 2016. The good news is that I should be able to see all of the new arrivals to the Go North East fleet before I leave the North East and become a posh Southerner Wink .

Congratulations Simmy, hope you enjoy it! Big Grin
Simmy   17 Mar 2015, 4:00 pm
(17 Mar 2015, 3:45 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Congratulations Simmy, hope you enjoy it! Big Grin
Thanks Marcus! It'll be nice to get away for a bit I guess Smile.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
omnicity4659   17 Mar 2015, 6:03 pm
I could hardly keep my face straight at the Photo-Me booth at Asda.

Before it takes the photo - Are you ready? - Ok? - Shutter noise.

Attempt 1 - Smirk ruined the photo
Attempt 2 - Just realised the seat was too high
Attempt 3 - finally a perfect shot

Big Grin
MrFozz   18 Mar 2015, 10:10 am
(17 Mar 2015, 2:57 pm)Simmy wrote After numerous interviews with various companies, I have been offered a 1-year internship as a Software Engineer for Hewlett Packard in Bristol. I will mainly be working on developing code for RedHat Linux servers as part of HP's Corporate Data Storage division. The internship starts on the 1st of July (the day after my birthday, so no partying for me [emoji14] ) and lasts until July 2016. The good news is that I should be able to see all of the new arrivals to the Go North East fleet before I leave the North East and become a posh Southerner Wink .
Good luck with that Simmster

I hope you time darn sarf does not turn you into too much of Soft Southern Poofter [emoji14]
Simmy   18 Mar 2015, 10:28 am
(18 Mar 2015, 10:10 am)MrFozz wrote Good luck with that Simmster

I hope you time darn sarf does not turn you into too much of Soft Southern Poofter [emoji14]

Thanks bud. Hopefully it won't, depends how much scrumpy I try from the west country Tongue.
MrFozz   18 Mar 2015, 11:36 am
Not happy as such, but it did mildly amuse me

Got this text text from three today

[Image: a440a95cacf2d8cec8518d1875d9699b.jpg]

I goto download the app and it wouldn't download...

Because my signal was bad Big Grin
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
mb134   18 Mar 2015, 12:15 pm
Don't think I'm feeling good, my X21 was on time this morning :O 
LeeCalder   18 Mar 2015, 1:44 pm
I love complaining about the 21 wifi or the 56 plugs [emoji1]
Davie   18 Mar 2015, 6:04 pm
(17 Mar 2015, 2:57 pm)Simmy wrote After numerous interviews with various companies, I have been offered a 1-year internship as a Software Engineer for Hewlett Packard in Bristol. I will mainly be working on developing code for RedHat Linux servers as part of HP's Corporate Data Storage division. The internship starts on the 1st of July (the day after my birthday, so no partying for me Tongue ) and lasts until July 2016. The good news is that I should be able to see all of the new arrivals to the Go North East fleet before I leave the North East and become a posh Southerner Wink .

Good luck Wink I hope you enjoy it
Simmy   18 Mar 2015, 9:20 pm
(18 Mar 2015, 6:04 pm)Davie wrote Good luck Wink I hope you enjoy it

Cheers Davie. I'll have to have my daily dose of NEB down there :p.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   19 Mar 2015, 1:22 pm
Quite nice out today, I've seriously gone in just a T-shirt (and other stuff such as jeans obviously!)
omnicity4659   19 Mar 2015, 1:27 pm
(19 Mar 2015, 1:22 pm)Jimmi wrote Quite nice out today, I've seriously gone in just a T-shirt (and other stuff such as jeans obviously!)

Be careful, I've just turned ill after I've been outside. I feel like vomiting.

There was loads of low lying "smog" yesterday evening in Ashington, and looking out the window I can see a bit of "smog".
Pages (136)    157 58 59136