Menu

WestDurhamSwift   13 Oct 2015, 8:13 pm
(13 Oct 2015, 7:44 pm)nk55 wrote Dan is right, the majority of passengers who use the X30/X31 travel between newcastle/Gateshead and Stanley, the changes will only affect a small handfull of folk, the majority of folk will no doubt be happier at having an increased frequency over this part of the route and those travelling onwards to lanchester dont have to much of a wait for onward connections.

I use the service straight from Lanchester to Newcastle every morning, and at different times of the day on my days off, not many people stay on towards Lanchester from Stanley, splitting the service, as much as it may seem a little inconvenient for people like me, I believe can only be a better thing! Actually the X31 was 20minutes late this morning resulting it being regulated at Newcastle.

After the changes kick in I get into Newcastle 10minutes later than I usually do, which still gives me a good 10minutes to get to work. 

Currently the last bus to Lanchester on X30/X31 leaves Eldon Square at 18:20. When the changes come in I can get back to Lanchester after work at a much later time using service 30, currently I have to get the 21 to Durham and then switch to the 15, as these are the only services (to my knowledge) that kind of interwork in the evening to get me back there, Or its a trip to either Stanley or Consett and a lift back to Lanchester! 

So for me personally, I'm looking forward to having a better service. 

The only people around Lanchester that won't benefit from this are the people who get on in the morning with me, theres usually about 5-6 who pay to get to Greencroft Industrial estate. Will these people have to get the 30 up to Stanley then switch on to one of the Coast & Country services that goes near by?