Menu

Pages (30)    115 16 1730   
Malarkey   19 Aug 2014, 2:51 pm
(19 Aug 2014, 2:14 pm)Robert wrote As im on my phone atm without any access to Internet as my app has gone how long are the current Citaros (exclude 5337/8) compared to 9120 or is it the same?
Just arrived in Park Lane, 15:53 Departure
Acky81   20 Aug 2014, 9:42 am
I've noticed 8308 destination blind is starting to jump around now not as bad as 8306 tho
S813 FVK   20 Aug 2014, 11:31 am
9120 has just left Stanley on service 8 if anybody is looking for it. Running late by the looks of things, 4898 has just departed for Consett on a 78.
Tom   20 Aug 2014, 12:09 pm
The M2 and M3 seem to have some serious problems. Yesterday, the M3 didn't turn up, and the M2 was six minutes late at Heworth. This isn't the first time it's happened either.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   20 Aug 2014, 12:42 pm
(20 Aug 2014, 12:09 pm)Tom wrote The M2 and M3 seem to have some serious problems. Yesterday, the M3 didn't turn up, and the M2 was six minutes late at Heworth. This isn't the first time it's happened either.

Blame the Unreliability those Cadets, pretty sure Diagtest LTD are over Washington Depot most days to fix them, no wonder you have 3 to 4 Presidents appearing on the M2/M3/W5 and W6 on a Daily Basis. I'm certainly hoping Go North East invests in New Vehicles for these Services this year.
Andy   20 Aug 2014, 12:48 pm
6027 was driving around heworth carrying 8 drivers then was standing in heworth for an hour
Diamond One   20 Aug 2014, 1:02 pm
(20 Aug 2014, 12:42 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Blame the Unreliability those Cadets, pretty sure Diagtest LTD are over Washington Depot most days to fix them, no wonder you have 3 to 4 Presidents appearing on the M2/M3/W5 and W6 on a Daily Basis. I'm certainly hoping Go North East invests in New Vehicles for these Services this year.
I've heard a possibly. 50/50 roumor that they may get solos or versas I heard it from a fellow enthusiast named anth he heard it from a few drivers this was months back but my theory is if Quaylink were to get new buses then these would probs come to Washington does anyone know the PVR of M2/M3/W5/W6 and the PVR of Q1/Q2
Dan   20 Aug 2014, 2:13 pm
(20 Aug 2014, 12:09 pm)Tom wrote The M2 and M3 seem to have some serious problems. Yesterday, the M3 didn't turn up, and the M2 was six minutes late at Heworth. This isn't the first time it's happened either.

I wouldn't suggest a bus being six minutes late is a 'serious problem'. Whilst it should be avoided (anything outside of the 6 minute 'on time' window is an issue), anything could have happened before it arrived at Heworth, causing the delay.
They're certainly usually fine whenever I see them in Concord, but our sightings may be at different times of the day. I have used the DAF SB120s on those services and I don't think they're too problematic. The work isn't particularly strenuous.

(20 Aug 2014, 12:42 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Blame the Unreliability those Cadets, pretty sure Diagtest LTD are over Washington Depot most days to fix them, no wonder you have 3 to 4 Presidents appearing on the M2/M3/W5 and W6 on a Daily Basis. I'm certainly hoping Go North East invests in New Vehicles for these Services this year.

Perhaps slightly exaggerated, there, Adam! The only DAF SB120 which regularly receives attention from DiagTest is 8250, which is undergoing repairs after its minor engine bay fire in June of this year.

The main reason why double deckers are to be found on the former "Washington Street Shuttle" services is down to the fact Washington cannot allocate double decked vehicles to services 88/88A due to a low bridge. This means that Washington tends to dip into their allocated single deckers (mini/midi, though more commonly the latter) for use on services 88/88A, and the spare double deckers left in the depot end up substituting for single deckers on services M2/M3 and W5/W6.

Services M2/M3 and W5/W6 aren't some of Go North East's most profitable routes; as such, investment is highly unlikely. Services which aren't as profitable tend to receive the older corporate liveried vehicles (providing you exclude any secured services with contract specifications). It goes without saying that the "Venture" network of services aren't Go North East's most profitable, but Optare Solo vehicles were purchased for these as they're probably GNE's most profitable 'mini' routes, and the oldest Dennis MPD stock were coming up 13 years old and as such, had to be disposed of. If this happens again (which I believe it will), Go North East will have to invest into their second most profitable mini routes again, allowing more MPDs to come off and cascade down.

(20 Aug 2014, 1:02 pm)Racer_Experience wrote I've heard a possibly. 50/50 roumor that they may get solos or versas I heard it from a fellow enthusiast named anth he heard it from a few drivers this was months back but my theory is if Quaylink were to get new buses then these would probs come to Washington does anyone know the PVR of M2/M3/W5/W6 and the PVR of Q1/Q2

The PVR of services M2/M3 is 8. Due to the disposal of 8249 and temporary withdrawal of 8250, these services currently have no allocated spare vehicles.
The PVR of services W5/W6 is 4. Dennis MPDs 603-606 should be allocated to these services with Transbus MPD 570 acting as an allocated spare vehicle.

I'd suggest that you don't believe all you hear. As I said above, the loadings (and thus the profit levels) do not justify brand new vehicles on these services. I have previously suggested that, when the "QuayLink" contract comes up for renewal (2015) and newer stock is either brought in or GNE loses the contract, the Optare Versa vehicles would cascade to services M2/M3 following the trial of midi-sized vehicles (the DAF SB120s) last year. However, we have recently discussed the future of the "QuayLink", and this may mean that things could work out slightly differently...
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   20 Aug 2014, 2:53 pm

Aye, they're often 15mins late - regularly passing each other in the opposite direction in Birtley and then following each other from Ayton/Lambton when Heworth bound.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Tom   20 Aug 2014, 3:29 pm
(20 Aug 2014, 2:53 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Aye, they're often 15mins late - regularly passing each other in the opposite direction in Birtley and then following each other from Ayton/Lambton when Heworth bound.

It wasn't the M2 being six minutes late that I had the issue with, it's that the M3 didn't show up at all.
Tom   20 Aug 2014, 3:31 pm
Dan - is the East Durham network the second most profitable minibus route?
Andreos1   20 Aug 2014, 3:33 pm
(20 Aug 2014, 3:29 pm)Tom wrote It wasn't the M2 being six minutes late that I had the issue with, it's that the M3 didn't show up at all.

Can only mean it was regulated or broken down.
Lost mileage either way!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   20 Aug 2014, 3:35 pm
(20 Aug 2014, 3:29 pm)Tom wrote It wasn't the M2 being six minutes late that I had the issue with, it's that the M3 didn't show up at all.

Umpteen amount of reasons it mightn't have shown up if regulated - alternative is that the vehicle broke down... Obviously we don't know what, though! Tongue

(20 Aug 2014, 3:31 pm)Tom wrote Dan - is the East Durham network the second most profitable minibus route?

I have no idea, sorry!
Michael   20 Aug 2014, 3:44 pm
Dan on the fleet list you have 6116/6117 down at Deptford

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   20 Aug 2014, 3:50 pm
(20 Aug 2014, 3:44 pm)Michael wrote Dan on the fleet list you have 6116/6117 down at Deptford

My apologies - I don't any more! Wink
Malarkey   20 Aug 2014, 4:13 pm
(20 Aug 2014, 2:13 pm)Dan wrote Perhaps slightly exaggerated, there, Adam! The only DAF SB120 which regularly receives attention from DiagTest is 8250, which is undergoing repairs after its minor engine bay fire in June of this year.

Maybe just a bit exaggerated, 2 have caught fire so far this year though, so I say there reliability is Arguable, but I genuinely prefer the MPD's which were used previously on the M2/M3, Before being Withdrawn/Cascaded to North Tyne Links Network.

(20 Aug 2014, 2:13 pm)Dan wrote Services M2/M3 and W5/W6 aren't some of Go North East's most profitable routes;

I would agree if we were talking about just the W5/W6, But the M2/M3 is usually quite Busy between Birtley and Concord, not so much between Concord and Heworth due to the more frequent and faster Service 4, but nevertheless the loading are not that bad, obviously profitable enough for a Service Every 15 Minutes.

(20 Aug 2014, 2:13 pm)Dan wrote I'd suggest that you don't believe all you hear. As I said above, the loadings (and thus the profit levels) do not justify brand new vehicles on these services. I have previously suggested that, when the "QuayLink" contract comes up for renewal (2015) and newer stock is either brought in or GNE loses the contract, the Optare Versa vehicles would cascade to services M2/M3 following the trial of midi-sized vehicles (the DAF SB120s) last year. However, we have recently discussed the future of the "QuayLink", and this may mean that things could work out slightly differently...

I haven't heard anything rumored, and if I did I would take it with a pinch of salt, but then again I don't go around pestering the Drivers while they are on Duty, and trying to operate a Service to Schedule, in an attempt to try and find out details on future fleet arrivals in the Fleet, as Anthony often does, as I bump into him on a Regular Basis at The Galleries, and he tells me he heard this and that, here and there etc.

I would like to see the M2/M3 Receive Investment this Year, but I don't Optare Solos would be suitable at all, I would like Citaros K's and who wouldn't, but I don't think the M2/M3 is Sustainable of that sort of Investment which is why I think Versas would be the best option or Enviro 200's, and I just wouldn't go for Wright Steetlites as they've just been Problematic from the get go on the Drifter and Saltwell Park.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
L469 YVK   20 Aug 2014, 4:18 pm
(20 Aug 2014, 4:13 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote I just wouldn't go for Wright Steetlites as they've just been Problematic from the get go on the Drifter and Saltwell Park.

Well that's exactly why I don't like E400's due to Cummins engines being used. The ones lile the L10 what they used in ANE 7370-7377 are good but all modern ones are cheap, turbocharged and nasty rubbish! I know the modern Volvo's aren't perfect (B9 quite good but still) but I wouldn't have a Cummins gift wrapped and I'm pleased that GNE seen sense (with the exception of the Angel) seen sense and put power before economy!
Dan   21 Aug 2014, 9:49 am
Scania L94 4972 is now back at Deptford following repaint. Volvo B10BLE 4923 is still at Deptford, though I suspect it will remain on loan for an additional week to cover for 5375 which is at Riverside to test suitability on the X66 route.
Michael   21 Aug 2014, 9:52 am
(21 Aug 2014, 9:49 am)Dan wrote Scania L94 4972 is now back at Deptford following repaint. Volvo B10BLE 4923 is still at Deptford, though I suspect it will remain on loan for an additional week to cover for 5375 which is at Riverside to test suitability on the X66 route.

They should start getting branded again in the next few days?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   21 Aug 2014, 9:55 am
(21 Aug 2014, 9:52 am)Michael wrote They should start getting branded again in the next few days?

Hopefully - just depends when the vinyls arrive!
Rapidsnap   21 Aug 2014, 11:39 am
Will it be on the X66 tomorrow?

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Dan   21 Aug 2014, 11:44 am
(21 Aug 2014, 11:39 am)GMitchelhill wrote Will it be on the X66 tomorrow?
Yes, and should be for the rest of the week too.
Malarkey   21 Aug 2014, 4:30 pm
6061 on the 21 at 14:55 in Gateshead, Displaying Blackett Street as it's point of Termination, Both on the Front/Side, only manged side shot has I didn't notice until it was just about to pass me, Is this Normal or has the Driver put up the Incorrect Blind.

[attachment=5848]
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
S813 FVK   21 Aug 2014, 4:40 pm
(21 Aug 2014, 4:30 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote 6061 on the 21 at 14:55 in Gateshead, Displaying Blackett Street as it's point of Termination, Both on the Front/Side, only manged side shot has I didn't notice until it was just about to pass me, Is this Normal or has the Driver put up the Incorrect Blind.

No 21s terminate at Blackett Street that i know of, nor according to the timetable so i dont know whats happened. Interesting catch thats for sure.
Tom   21 Aug 2014, 4:43 pm
(21 Aug 2014, 4:40 pm)Robert wrote No 21s terminate at Blackett Street that i know of, nor according to the timetable so i dont know whats happened. Interesting catch thats for sure.

One 21 does terminate at Blackett Street on a night.
R852 PRG   21 Aug 2014, 4:43 pm
(21 Aug 2014, 4:40 pm)Robert wrote No 21s terminate at Blackett Street that i know of, nor according to the timetable so i dont know whats happened. Interesting catch thats for sure.

I've seen a few 21s in CLS have 'Blackett Street' on the blind, not sure if that could have been due to a diversion or something?
Dan   21 Aug 2014, 4:45 pm
(21 Aug 2014, 4:43 pm)Tom wrote One 21 does terminate at Blackett Street on a night.
That'll be the one that does the N21 afterwards? Other than that, just a case of the driver using the wrong display.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   21 Aug 2014, 4:46 pm
(21 Aug 2014, 4:45 pm)Dan wrote That'll be the one that does the N21 afterwards? Other than that, just a case of the driver using the wrong display.

Yes that's the one.
Dan   21 Aug 2014, 4:47 pm
Anyway... Dennis Trident 3870 is the latest in for repaint. Will edit fleetlist when I get back in.
Pages (30)    115 16 1730