Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Anything and Everything

Anything and Everything

Anything and Everything

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (219): Previous 1177 178 179219 Next
14 Nov 2015, 9:56 am
(13 Nov 2015, 11:48 pm)MrFozz It would not surprise me if the perpetrators of these attacks are so called IS operatives who have managed to blend themselves into the refugee crisis going on at the moment

Which makes it a double attack- both against indigenous people and those already fleeing this sort of violence in search of somewhere safe to live.
BusLoverMum
14 Nov 2015, 9:56 am #3541

(13 Nov 2015, 11:48 pm)MrFozz It would not surprise me if the perpetrators of these attacks are so called IS operatives who have managed to blend themselves into the refugee crisis going on at the moment

Which makes it a double attack- both against indigenous people and those already fleeing this sort of violence in search of somewhere safe to live.

14 Nov 2015, 10:06 am
I'll not quote the above posts - for obvious reasons..

Dan - i agree, we aren't far from an attack - said it last night to my dad, wouldn't be surprised if it happens around Christmas time.

They warned us and NOT one person believed them when they said they'll mingle among the normal refugees... and now it looks to of happened......

It was on Twitter last night from so called a ISIS member that - Washington (USA), London and a couple of other places were to be careful.............. not confirmed but wouldn't be surprised.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
14 Nov 2015, 10:06 am #3542

I'll not quote the above posts - for obvious reasons..

Dan - i agree, we aren't far from an attack - said it last night to my dad, wouldn't be surprised if it happens around Christmas time.

They warned us and NOT one person believed them when they said they'll mingle among the normal refugees... and now it looks to of happened......

It was on Twitter last night from so called a ISIS member that - Washington (USA), London and a couple of other places were to be careful.............. not confirmed but wouldn't be surprised.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

14 Nov 2015, 10:43 am
Gatwick Airport 'evacuated' amid heightened security

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-11-1...-security/

Oh dear.......

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
14 Nov 2015, 10:43 am #3543

Gatwick Airport 'evacuated' amid heightened security

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-11-1...-security/

Oh dear.......

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

14 Nov 2015, 10:57 am
It's the lord mayor's show today, too.
BusLoverMum
14 Nov 2015, 10:57 am #3544

It's the lord mayor's show today, too.

MrFozz
Marxista Fozzski
14 Nov 2015, 10:59 am
So called IS have now claimed responsibility for the Paris Attacks
MrFozz
14 Nov 2015, 10:59 am #3545

So called IS have now claimed responsibility for the Paris Attacks

14 Nov 2015, 11:59 am
(14 Nov 2015, 10:59 am)MrFozz So called IS have now claimed responsibility for the Paris Attacks

Just bomb the ********, sod their human rights etc. 

Why are most of Europe scared, just bloody do it!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
14 Nov 2015, 11:59 am #3546

(14 Nov 2015, 10:59 am)MrFozz So called IS have now claimed responsibility for the Paris Attacks

Just bomb the ********, sod their human rights etc. 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

14 Nov 2015, 12:16 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 11:59 am)Michael Just bomb the ********, sod their human rights etc. 

Because it makes you as bad as them? 

Bombing at will does not resolve conflict. It escalates it, and usually results in a lot of innocent civilian casualties.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
14 Nov 2015, 12:16 pm #3547

(14 Nov 2015, 11:59 am)Michael Just bomb the ********, sod their human rights etc. 

Because it makes you as bad as them? 

Bombing at will does not resolve conflict. It escalates it, and usually results in a lot of innocent civilian casualties.

14 Nov 2015, 12:19 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 9:30 am)MrFozz Back in the 70's and 80's all you had to have was an Irish Accent to be labelled a terrorist.

Nobody has claimed responsibility yet as far as I am aware, but I would put my mams mortagage on it being so called IS, as attackers recited the Takbīr

We should go in and carpet bomb places like Raqqa, hit the place so hard and make a decapitation strike on so called IS leadership.

We will be next I reckon, wouldn't be surprised if something is being planned right now.

Thank god there was not a bombing in the football stadium, there must have been 70/80k there

Carpet bomb the city and kill innocent civilians? We are lowering ourselves to their standards there like.

Not all of the people over here with an Irish accent were terrorists.
Not everyone in Raqqa is a terrorist.

You can't take the leaders out, cos in its place, will be another one.
They're like weeds.
Like there were (and still are) in Ireland and Northern Ireland, there will be splinter groups and people carrying even more extreme versions of the ideology.

How to stop people thinking and having an ideology, is one thing bombing wont fix.
Andreos1
14 Nov 2015, 12:19 pm #3548

(14 Nov 2015, 9:30 am)MrFozz Back in the 70's and 80's all you had to have was an Irish Accent to be labelled a terrorist.

Nobody has claimed responsibility yet as far as I am aware, but I would put my mams mortagage on it being so called IS, as attackers recited the Takbīr

We should go in and carpet bomb places like Raqqa, hit the place so hard and make a decapitation strike on so called IS leadership.

We will be next I reckon, wouldn't be surprised if something is being planned right now.

Thank god there was not a bombing in the football stadium, there must have been 70/80k there

Carpet bomb the city and kill innocent civilians? We are lowering ourselves to their standards there like.

Not all of the people over here with an Irish accent were terrorists.
Not everyone in Raqqa is a terrorist.

You can't take the leaders out, cos in its place, will be another one.
They're like weeds.
Like there were (and still are) in Ireland and Northern Ireland, there will be splinter groups and people carrying even more extreme versions of the ideology.

How to stop people thinking and having an ideology, is one thing bombing wont fix.

14 Nov 2015, 12:31 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 12:16 pm)Adrian Because it makes you as bad as them? 

So what do you recommend we do?, sit back and let them kill Innocent people?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
14 Nov 2015, 12:31 pm #3549

(14 Nov 2015, 12:16 pm)Adrian Because it makes you as bad as them? 

So what do you recommend we do?, sit back and let them kill Innocent people?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

14 Nov 2015, 12:35 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 12:31 pm)Michael So what do you recommend we do?, sit back and let them kill Innocent people?
Well you seem to want us to match them, and do the same to their people.

I've never suggested I've got the answers, but escalating a conflict can't be an answer to the world's problems.

Adrian
14 Nov 2015, 12:35 pm #3550

(14 Nov 2015, 12:31 pm)Michael So what do you recommend we do?, sit back and let them kill Innocent people?
Well you seem to want us to match them, and do the same to their people.

I've never suggested I've got the answers, but escalating a conflict can't be an answer to the world's problems.

14 Nov 2015, 12:42 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 12:35 pm)Adrian Well you seem to want us to match them, and do the same to their people.

We won't be killing innocent people though?, well be targeting ISIS members... firstly though we'll have to do research on the area's before hand etc before anything is done. 

But doing nothing isn't helping the situation, we should close the boarders to Europe and send them all back who's coming in along with processing the ones in already in the counties properly, not just giving out passports because they feel like it. 

Honestly couldn't care less if people think i'm being racist because it's my own opinion on the situation and if people are defending them then they need to get in to RL and out of a fantasy state. 

Not saying you're defending them Adrian so don't take it as i was, its just general people.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
14 Nov 2015, 12:42 pm #3551

(14 Nov 2015, 12:35 pm)Adrian Well you seem to want us to match them, and do the same to their people.

We won't be killing innocent people though?, well be targeting ISIS members... firstly though we'll have to do research on the area's before hand etc before anything is done. 

But doing nothing isn't helping the situation, we should close the boarders to Europe and send them all back who's coming in along with processing the ones in already in the counties properly, not just giving out passports because they feel like it. 

Honestly couldn't care less if people think i'm being racist because it's my own opinion on the situation and if people are defending them then they need to get in to RL and out of a fantasy state. 

Not saying you're defending them Adrian so don't take it as i was, its just general people.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

14 Nov 2015, 1:34 pm
Although its football, its appropriate it should go in this part of the forum, due to the circumstances-

England versus France to go ahead as planned - http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-11-1...s-planned/

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
14 Nov 2015, 1:34 pm #3552

Although its football, its appropriate it should go in this part of the forum, due to the circumstances-

England versus France to go ahead as planned - http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-11-1...s-planned/

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

14 Nov 2015, 1:47 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 12:42 pm)Michael We won't be killing innocent people though?, well be targeting ISIS members... firstly though we'll have to do research on the area's before hand etc before anything is done. 

But doing nothing isn't helping the situation, we should close the boarders to[[[ Europe and send them all back who's coming in along with processing the ones in already in the counties properly, not just giving out passports because they feel like it. 

Isn't that what the French are already doing in Syria?

It is one of the excuses used by the terrorists, to try and justify yesterdays attack.

Quote:Islamic State released a statement on Saturday saying "eight brothers wearing explosive belts and carrying assault rifles" had carried out the attacks on "carefully chosen" targets, and were a response to France's involvement in the air strikes on IS militants in Syria and Iraq

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34820016

France has been victim to these sorts of attacks too often. With various lines trotted out.
I think the banning of the burka was used too.
Of course, extremists have targeted France in the past, particularly those from Algeria in the 60's. 

The open borders and Schengen Agreement, is something I don't agree with. It is something I have mentioned a few times.
You don't need an open border to allow movement or trade.

It seems that someone was stopped in Germany, with a load of explosives in the car earlier this week.
Andreos1
14 Nov 2015, 1:47 pm #3553

(14 Nov 2015, 12:42 pm)Michael We won't be killing innocent people though?, well be targeting ISIS members... firstly though we'll have to do research on the area's before hand etc before anything is done. 

But doing nothing isn't helping the situation, we should close the boarders to[[[ Europe and send them all back who's coming in along with processing the ones in already in the counties properly, not just giving out passports because they feel like it. 

Isn't that what the French are already doing in Syria?

It is one of the excuses used by the terrorists, to try and justify yesterdays attack.

Quote:Islamic State released a statement on Saturday saying "eight brothers wearing explosive belts and carrying assault rifles" had carried out the attacks on "carefully chosen" targets, and were a response to France's involvement in the air strikes on IS militants in Syria and Iraq

France has been victim to these sorts of attacks too often. With various lines trotted out.
Of course, extremists have targeted France in the past, particularly those from Algeria in the 60's. 

The open borders and Schengen Agreement, is something I don't agree with. It is something I have mentioned a few times.

It seems that someone was stopped in Germany, with a load of explosives in the car earlier this week.

14 Nov 2015, 1:54 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 1:47 pm)Andreos1 Isn't that what the French are already doing in Syria?

I'm not sure if France were/are attacking them, France has a had bad year, they were also attacked in January, that bloke stopped in Germany.. he could of been part of this attack, it got of gotten out of hand.

Open boarders is wrong, they should be tighter, one reason why we should be tighter on boarder control

Update: One of the attackers has been identified as French.

Also why does   seem to appear in people's posts?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
14 Nov 2015, 1:54 pm #3554

(14 Nov 2015, 1:47 pm)Andreos1 Isn't that what the French are already doing in Syria?

I'm not sure if France were/are attacking them, France has a had bad year, they were also attacked in January, that bloke stopped in Germany.. he could of been part of this attack, it got of gotten out of hand.

Open boarders is wrong, they should be tighter, one reason why we should be tighter on boarder control

Also why does   seem to appear in people's posts?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

14 Nov 2015, 2:02 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 1:54 pm)Michael I'm not sure if France were/are attacking them, France has a had bad year, they were also attacked in January, that bloke stopped in Germany.. he could of been part of this attack, it got of gotten out of hand.

Also why does &nbsp seem to appear in people's posts?

Yeah, the French have been using airstrikes against them in Syria for a few months now.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/no...ir-strikes

Ironic that this was reported just a few days ago.

re &nbsp.
No idea. Happens when I use my phone quite a bit.
Andreos1
14 Nov 2015, 2:02 pm #3555

(14 Nov 2015, 1:54 pm)Michael I'm not sure if France were/are attacking them, France has a had bad year, they were also attacked in January, that bloke stopped in Germany.. he could of been part of this attack, it got of gotten out of hand.

Also why does &nbsp seem to appear in people's posts?

Yeah, the French have been using airstrikes against them in Syria for a few months now.

re &nbsp.

14 Nov 2015, 2:03 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 2:02 pm)Andreos1 Yeah, the French have been using airstrikes against them in Syria for a few months now.

re &nbsp.

Ah right, i didn't even know France were bombing them. 

Honestly, does anyone feel safe these days?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
14 Nov 2015, 2:03 pm #3556

(14 Nov 2015, 2:02 pm)Andreos1 Yeah, the French have been using airstrikes against them in Syria for a few months now.

re &nbsp.

Ah right, i didn't even know France were bombing them. 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

14 Nov 2015, 3:03 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 2:03 pm)Michael Ah right, i didn't even know France were bombing them. 

Going skiing to France in February :s
Going to Sharm-el-Sheikh in July/August :s
What can I do?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
NK53 TKT
14 Nov 2015, 3:03 pm #3557

(14 Nov 2015, 2:03 pm)Michael Ah right, i didn't even know France were bombing them. 

Going skiing to France in February :s

14 Nov 2015, 3:55 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 3:03 pm)NK53 TKT Going skiing to France in February :s

No idea, see what the situation is like at the time.. i'm sure France will be alright... Egypt not sure.

--------------------

UK-Trained Lawyer Is First Paris Victim Named - http://news.sky.com/story/1587749/uk-tra...ctim-named

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
14 Nov 2015, 3:55 pm #3558

(14 Nov 2015, 3:03 pm)NK53 TKT Going skiing to France in February :s

No idea, see what the situation is like at the time.. i'm sure France will be alright... Egypt not sure.

--------------------

UK-Trained Lawyer Is First Paris Victim Named - http://news.sky.com/story/1587749/uk-tra...ctim-named

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

14 Nov 2015, 3:56 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 3:55 pm)Michael No idea, see what the situation is like at the time.. i'm sure France will be alright... Egypt not sure.

--------------------

Well I am going to France with school
So they will sort it
NK53 TKT
14 Nov 2015, 3:56 pm #3559

(14 Nov 2015, 3:55 pm)Michael No idea, see what the situation is like at the time.. i'm sure France will be alright... Egypt not sure.

--------------------

Well I am going to France with school
So they will sort it

14 Nov 2015, 3:58 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 3:56 pm)NK53 TKT Well I am going to France with school
So they will sort it

Ah, the school will be looking at the situation next week - i'm sure it'll go ahead but they should be putting a plan B in place.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
14 Nov 2015, 3:58 pm #3560

(14 Nov 2015, 3:56 pm)NK53 TKT Well I am going to France with school
So they will sort it

Ah, the school will be looking at the situation next week - i'm sure it'll go ahead but they should be putting a plan B in place.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (219): Previous 1177 178 179219 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average