Menu

Pages (146)    1118 119 120146   
BusLoverMum   14 Nov 2015, 9:56 am
(13 Nov 2015, 11:48 pm)MrFozz wrote It would not surprise me if the perpetrators of these attacks are so called IS operatives who have managed to blend themselves into the refugee crisis going on at the moment

Which makes it a double attack- both against indigenous people and those already fleeing this sort of violence in search of somewhere safe to live.
Michael   14 Nov 2015, 10:06 am
I'll not quote the above posts - for obvious reasons..

Dan - i agree, we aren't far from an attack - said it last night to my dad, wouldn't be surprised if it happens around Christmas time.

They warned us and NOT one person believed them when they said they'll mingle among the normal refugees... and now it looks to of happened......

It was on Twitter last night from so called a ISIS member that - Washington (USA), London and a couple of other places were to be careful.............. not confirmed but wouldn't be surprised.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   14 Nov 2015, 10:43 am
Gatwick Airport 'evacuated' amid heightened security

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-11-1...-security/

Oh dear.......

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
BusLoverMum   14 Nov 2015, 10:57 am
It's the lord mayor's show today, too.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   14 Nov 2015, 10:59 am
So called IS have now claimed responsibility for the Paris Attacks
Michael   14 Nov 2015, 11:59 am
(14 Nov 2015, 10:59 am)MrFozz wrote So called IS have now claimed responsibility for the Paris Attacks

Just bomb the ********, sod their human rights etc. 

Why are most of Europe scared, just bloody do it!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Adrian   14 Nov 2015, 12:16 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 11:59 am)Michael wrote Just bomb the ********, sod their human rights etc. 

Why are most of Europe scared, just bloody do it!

Because it makes you as bad as them? 

Bombing at will does not resolve conflict. It escalates it, and usually results in a lot of innocent civilian casualties.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Andreos1   14 Nov 2015, 12:19 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 9:30 am)MrFozz wrote Back in the 70's and 80's all you had to have was an Irish Accent to be labelled a terrorist.

Nobody has claimed responsibility yet as far as I am aware, but I would put my mams mortagage on it being so called IS, as attackers recited the Takbīr

We should go in and carpet bomb places like Raqqa, hit the place so hard and make a decapitation strike on so called IS leadership.

We will be next I reckon, wouldn't be surprised if something is being planned right now.

Thank god there was not a bombing in the football stadium, there must have been 70/80k there

Carpet bomb the city and kill innocent civilians? We are lowering ourselves to their standards there like.

Not all of the people over here with an Irish accent were terrorists.
Not everyone in Raqqa is a terrorist.

You can't take the leaders out, cos in its place, will be another one.
They're like weeds.
Like there were (and still are) in Ireland and Northern Ireland, there will be splinter groups and people carrying even more extreme versions of the ideology.

How to stop people thinking and having an ideology, is one thing bombing wont fix.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   14 Nov 2015, 12:31 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 12:16 pm)Adrian wrote Because it makes you as bad as them? 

Bombing at will does not resolve conflict. It escalates it, and usually results in a lot of innocent civilian casualties.

So what do you recommend we do?, sit back and let them kill Innocent people?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Adrian   14 Nov 2015, 12:35 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 12:31 pm)Michael wrote So what do you recommend we do?, sit back and let them kill Innocent people?
Well you seem to want us to match them, and do the same to their people.

I've never suggested I've got the answers, but escalating a conflict can't be an answer to the world's problems.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Michael   14 Nov 2015, 12:42 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 12:35 pm)Adrian wrote Well you seem to want us to match them, and do the same to their people.

I've never suggested I've got the answers, but escalating a conflict can't be an answer to the world's problems.

We won't be killing innocent people though?, well be targeting ISIS members... firstly though we'll have to do research on the area's before hand etc before anything is done. 

But doing nothing isn't helping the situation, we should close the boarders to Europe and send them all back who's coming in along with processing the ones in already in the counties properly, not just giving out passports because they feel like it. 

Honestly couldn't care less if people think i'm being racist because it's my own opinion on the situation and if people are defending them then they need to get in to RL and out of a fantasy state. 

Not saying you're defending them Adrian so don't take it as i was, its just general people.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   14 Nov 2015, 1:34 pm
Although its football, its appropriate it should go in this part of the forum, due to the circumstances-

England versus France to go ahead as planned - http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-11-1...s-planned/

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   14 Nov 2015, 1:47 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 12:42 pm)Michael wrote We won't be killing innocent people though?, well be targeting ISIS members... firstly though we'll have to do research on the area's before hand etc before anything is done. 

But doing nothing isn't helping the situation, we should close the boarders to[[[ Europe and send them all back who's coming in along with processing the ones in already in the counties properly, not just giving out passports because they feel like it. 

Honestly couldn't care less if people think i'm being racist because it's my own opinion on the situation and if people are defending them then they need to get in to RL and out of a fantasy state. 

Not saying you're defending them Adrian so don't take it as i was, its just general people.
Isn't that what the French are already doing in Syria?

It is one of the excuses used by the terrorists, to try and justify yesterdays attack.

Islamic State released a statement on Saturday saying "eight brothers wearing explosive belts and carrying assault rifles" had carried out the attacks on "carefully chosen" targets, and were a response to France's involvement in the air strikes on IS militants in Syria and Iraq

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34820016

France has been victim to these sorts of attacks too often. With various lines trotted out.
I think the banning of the burka was used too.
Of course, extremists have targeted France in the past, particularly those from Algeria in the 60's. 

The open borders and Schengen Agreement, is something I don't agree with. It is something I have mentioned a few times.
You don't need an open border to allow movement or trade.

It seems that someone was stopped in Germany, with a load of explosives in the car earlier this week.
Michael   14 Nov 2015, 1:54 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 1:47 pm)Andreos1 wrote Isn't that what the French are already doing in Syria?

It is one of the excuses used by the terrorists, to try and justify yesterdays attack.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34820016

France has been victim to these sorts of attacks too often. With various lines trotted out.
I think the banning of the burka was used too.
Of course, extremists have targeted France in the past, particularly those from Algeria in the 60's. 

The open borders and Schengen Agreement, is something I don't agree with. It is something I have mentioned a few times.
You don't need an open border to allow movement or trade.

It seems that someone was stopped in Germany, with a load of explosives in the car earlier this week.

I'm not sure if France were/are attacking them, France has a had bad year, they were also attacked in January, that bloke stopped in Germany.. he could of been part of this attack, it got of gotten out of hand.

Open boarders is wrong, they should be tighter, one reason why we should be tighter on boarder control

Update: One of the attackers has been identified as French.

Also why does   seem to appear in people's posts?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Andreos1   14 Nov 2015, 2:02 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 1:54 pm)Michael wrote I'm not sure if France were/are attacking them, France has a had bad year, they were also attacked in January, that bloke stopped in Germany.. he could of been part of this attack, it got of gotten out of hand.

Open boarders is wrong, they should be tighter, one reason why we should be tighter on boarder control

Update: One of the attackers has been identified as French.

Also why does &nbsp seem to appear in people's posts?

Yeah, the French have been using airstrikes against them in Syria for a few months now.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/no...ir-strikes

Ironic that this was reported just a few days ago.

re &nbsp.
No idea. Happens when I use my phone quite a bit.
Michael   14 Nov 2015, 2:03 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 2:02 pm)Andreos1 wrote Yeah, the French have been using airstrikes against them in Syria for a few months now.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/no...ir-strikes

Ironic that this was reported just a few days ago.

re &nbsp.
No idea. Happens when I use my phone quite a bit.

Ah right, i didn't even know France were bombing them. 

Honestly, does anyone feel safe these days?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
NK53 TKT   14 Nov 2015, 3:03 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 2:03 pm)Michael wrote Ah right, i didn't even know France were bombing them. 

Honestly, does anyone feel safe these days?

Going skiing to France in February :s
Going to Sharm-el-Sheikh in July/August :s
What can I do?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Michael   14 Nov 2015, 3:55 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 3:03 pm)NK53 TKT wrote Going skiing to France in February :s
Going to Sharm-el-Sheikh in July/August :s
What can I do?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

No idea, see what the situation is like at the time.. i'm sure France will be alright... Egypt not sure.

--------------------

UK-Trained Lawyer Is First Paris Victim Named - http://news.sky.com/story/1587749/uk-tra...ctim-named

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
NK53 TKT   14 Nov 2015, 3:56 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 3:55 pm)Michael wrote No idea, see what the situation is like at the time.. i'm sure France will be alright... Egypt not sure.

--------------------

UK-Trained Lawyer Is First Paris Victim Named - http://news.sky.com/story/1587749/uk-tra...ctim-named

Well I am going to France with school
So they will sort it
Michael   14 Nov 2015, 3:58 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 3:56 pm)NK53 TKT wrote Well I am going to France with school
So they will sort it

Ah, the school will be looking at the situation next week - i'm sure it'll go ahead but they should be putting a plan B in place.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
NK53 TKT   14 Nov 2015, 4:02 pm
Michael
Ah, the school will be looking at the situation next week - i'm sure it'll go ahead but they should be putting a plan B in place.

Switzerland Tongue 
The flight is to Chambery
The proof is the cost in the photo
.jpg
image.jpg (Size 101.34 KB Downloads 11)
Michael   14 Nov 2015, 4:04 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 4:02 pm)NK53 TKT wrote Michael

Switzerland Tongue 
The flight is to Chambery
The proof is the cost in the photo

Tongue, Switzerland seems a good choice

Also more sad news from France:

A high-speed TGV train has derailed near the French city of Strasbourg, killing five people and injuring seven, local media report.
They say the crash happened during a test run in the town of Eckwersheim in the east of the country. Reports say technicians were on board the train.
The injured have been taken to hospital by helicopters.
The AFP news agency is quoting sources as saying the derailment happened due to "excessive speed".

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/619433/...in-derails

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
NK53 TKT   14 Nov 2015, 4:25 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 4:04 pm)Michael wrote Tongue, Switzerland seems a good choice

Also more sad news from France:

A high-speed TGV train has derailed near the French city of Strasbourg, killing five people and injuring seven, local media report.
They say the crash happened during a test run in the town of Eckwersheim in the east of the country. Reports say technicians were on board the train.
The injured have been taken to hospital by helicopters.
The AFP news agency is quoting sources as saying the derailment happened due to "excessive speed".

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/619433/...in-derails

Must be related, I predict is has been hijacked, getting nearer to Alp D'Huez :s
Michael   14 Nov 2015, 4:28 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 4:25 pm)NK53 TKT wrote Must be related, I predict is has been hijacked, getting nearer to Alp D'Huez :s

Not sure it is, hopefully not.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   14 Nov 2015, 6:21 pm
Thinking about the should/shouldn't we bomb them to kingdom come, bu splitting opinion I believe that is what terrorists want, for us to turn on each other...

I am not a violent nor would I normally encourage in recent times, I am firmly in the blow them to Kingdom come camp...

So called IS will never back down, theu will most likely never look for peace, they are merciless, they play by no international Law, so why should we show them any mercy...

I agree that innocent people would die, but War is War and there always be some collateral damage.

As IS wont negotiate how else can they be dealt with, it would probably not done with diplomacy...So

Could it be dealt with by

1. Stopping Reugees/Migrants getting anywhere Europe, through closing border

2. The EU drop Schengen, close it off and have it heavily guarded

3. Something like a Berlin Wall around Eastern/Southen European Borders

4. Send in SAS or Seal Teams to Syria and go for a decapitation strike on IS...

I really dont know, I would prefer not to see all out War, that may end up being the last resort...

How many more has to die before all out, unmerciful, unrelenting bombong on IS, we have seen Western Hostages being murdered, we had the Charlie Hebdo attack and now this, is it not about time someone says 'enough is enough'
NK53 TKT   14 Nov 2015, 6:43 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 6:21 pm)MrFozz wrote Thinking about the should/shouldn't we bomb them to kingdom come, bu splitting opinion I believe that is what terrorists want, for us to turn on each other...

I am not a violent nor would I normally encourage in recent times, I am firmly in the blow them to Kingdom come camp...

So called IS will never back down, theu will most likely never look for peace, they are merciless, they play by no international Law, so why should we show them any mercy...

I agree that innocent people would die, but War is War and there always be some collateral damage.

As IS wont negotiate how else can they be dealt with, it would probably not done with diplomacy...So

I really dont know, I would prefer not to see all out War, that may end up being the last resort...

How many more has to die before all out, unmerciful, unrelenting bombong on IS, we have seen Western Hostages being murdered, we had the Charlie Hebdo attack and now this, is it not about time someone says 'enough is enough'
I feel VERY MUCH the same way, I am not violent either
Andreos1   14 Nov 2015, 7:09 pm
(14 Nov 2015, 6:21 pm)MrFozz wrote Thinking about the should/shouldn't we bomb them to kingdom come, bu splitting opinion I believe that is what terrorists want, for us to turn on each other...

According to Frank Gardner of the BBC, it looks like the attackers were from a self-contained cell.

Whilst some were foreigners, at least one of the attackers were French.

I keep bringing up the Irish and IRA - but I would argue sending troops into Ulster, wasn't much of a magic wand. 30 years of troops, conflict and death before any peace accord was signed.
We all know there is still those separate groups, they still pose a threat and bombs are still being planted.
This was 60 years or so since the bother in Dublin.

In my opinion, you need to get to the root or the source of funding. Stop the flow of money, destroy their fuel supplies and stop the flow of weapons.
I have no idea on the most effective way of doing that.

Going back to the IRA again, the funding dried up compared to what it was and the source of weapons did too.

The opinions held by some people may not have changed.
They don't cause as much damage or death though.

Blowing Raqqa to smithereens isn't going to change the opinions held by the extremists. I think it will fuel them.
BusLoverMum   14 Nov 2015, 7:24 pm
"Something like a Berlin Wall around Eastern/Southen European Borders"

That would take a lot of bricks. Would have to be more like the iron curtain which was, in reality, a series of heavily patrolled wire fences, with a nudist beach at the northernmost point.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   15 Nov 2015, 7:33 am
Paris Suicide bombers had France v Germany match ticket

Fuck me, if blasts went off in the stadium, we may have seen something worse than than 9/11, Madrid and 7/7 combined as there was about 70-80k inside
Pages (146)    1118 119 120146