Menu

Pages (60)    134 35 3660   
Dan   18 Jan 2014, 9:33 pm
(18 Jan 2014, 9:30 pm)speedwheels22 wrote With the riverside opening will we see some winlaton branded buses on other routes exapmle 27 and sunderland rd branded buses on there's exapmle 10 r somthing

We shouldn't, but it's quite likely that we will.
How long do you give it before a former Winlaton bus ends up appearing on a Saltmeadows route? TENs on the 29 before you know it!
citaro5284   18 Jan 2014, 9:36 pm
(18 Jan 2014, 9:33 pm)Dan wrote We shouldn't, but it's quite likely that we will.
How long do you give it before a former Winlaton bus ends up appearing on a Saltmeadows route? TENs on the 29 before you know it!

The routes going from Saltmeadows to Riverside are X40, 67, 69, S1 and I think the 353.
citaro5284   18 Jan 2014, 9:48 pm
(18 Jan 2014, 9:42 pm)speedwheels22 wrote Silly question lol I thought saltmedows was just a repair depot didn't know they had buses run from there but why isn't the 5 going there

Why move the 5 to a location further away from where it operates. The routes that are moving operate pretty close to Riverside apart from 353 and X40, but that is just a quick drive up the A1 to either Great Park or Kingston Park.
BJ10VUS   18 Jan 2014, 9:48 pm
(18 Jan 2014, 9:42 pm)speedwheels22 wrote Silly question lol I thought saltmedows was just a repair depot didn't know they had buses run from there but why isn't the 5 going there

Probably the dead mileage... it's already quite far from South Shields/Jarrow to Saltmeadows Road.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   18 Jan 2014, 9:53 pm

It would cost more to run the 5 from Riverside as it's further away than Saltmeadows which is closer to the routes starting point, and I can't see the point in the 353 moving over to riverside, but not the rest of the Nexus Routes, seems illogical to me.

I think we are more likely to see the more obvious odd working happen than the mega rare ones, for example

Ten on the TTX or Blaydon Racers on The Crusader or The Loop/Highwayman on the Toonlink and Vice Versa.
citaro5284   18 Jan 2014, 9:57 pm
(18 Jan 2014, 9:53 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I think we are more likely to see the more obvious odd working happen than the mega rare ones, for example

Ten on the TTX

6071 and 3941 are the only TEN deckers with a tachograph, so it will be very rare you will see a TEN on TTX unless it is one of those two.
tyresmoke   18 Jan 2014, 9:59 pm
(18 Jan 2014, 9:57 pm)citaro5284 wrote I think only 1 TEN decker has a tachograph, so it will be very rare you will see a TEN on TTX

3941? Haha

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

minibus1474   18 Jan 2014, 9:59 pm
(18 Jan 2014, 9:48 pm)BJ10VUS wrote Probably the dead mileage... it's already quite far from South Shields/Jarrow to Saltmeadows Road.

Would be very little dead mileage if the 5 was interworked with the new short 9's and transferred to Deptford. 8267-8273 could then be used (7 buses for pvr=7), with 8242-46 painted red and used on 67/69 to allow 5160-64 to be withdrawn. Evening/Sunday 5's could've been interworked with 35 at South Shields using Laser buses.

Replacement work for Saltmeadows could've been New X36, or Fab57.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   18 Jan 2014, 10:00 pm
(18 Jan 2014, 9:59 pm)benwell3031 wrote Would be very little dead mileage if the 5 was interworked with the new short 9's and transferred to Deptford. 8267-8273 could then be used (7 buses for pvr=7), with 8242-46 painted red and used on 67/69 to allow 5160-64 to be withdrawn. Evening/Sunday 5's could've been interworked with 35 at South Shields using Laser buses.

Replacement work for Saltmeadows could've been New X36, or Fab57.

Good idea Wink
citaro5284   18 Jan 2014, 10:03 pm
(18 Jan 2014, 9:59 pm)tyresmoke wrote 3941? Haha

Could not get to Middlesbrough and back when at Sunderland Rd, so good luck whoever gets that to drive Big Grin
speedwheels22   18 Jan 2014, 10:05 pm
Every time a 5 bus passes a south tyneside one its sounds like its going to blow up r somthing and I'm always passing a thew that r broken down think its about time to look at the route and look for new buses for this route
citaro5284   18 Jan 2014, 10:05 pm
(18 Jan 2014, 9:59 pm)benwell3031 wrote Would be very little dead mileage if the 5 was interworked with the new short 9's and transferred to Deptford. 8267-8273 could then be used (7 buses for pvr=7), with 8242-46 painted red and used on 67/69 to allow 5160-64 to be withdrawn. Evening/Sunday 5's could've been interworked with 35 at South Shields using Laser buses.

So then the 5's would not then be low cost. Dead Mileage to SMR will still work out cheaper. Something that looks ideal is not normally the correct solution when all the costs are analysed.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   18 Jan 2014, 10:06 pm
(18 Jan 2014, 9:59 pm)tyresmoke wrote 3941? Haha

3941/42 and 6071 are all fitted with tachographs. These are the "TEN" branded vehicles which could appear on the "Tyne Tees Xpress".
citaro5284   18 Jan 2014, 10:07 pm
(18 Jan 2014, 10:06 pm)Dan wrote 3941/42 and 6071 are all fitted with tachographs. These are the "TEN" branded vehicles which could appear on the "Tyne Tees Xpress".

3942 is based at Hexham according to the fleet lists, so that is why I ruled that one out.
citaro5284   18 Jan 2014, 10:09 pm
(18 Jan 2014, 9:59 pm)benwell3031 wrote Replacement work for Saltmeadows could've been New X36, or Fab57.

Would Gateshead Trade Union quite willingly give up some commercial work for it to be sent to Saltmeadows.....I think we both know that answer!
westy3738   18 Jan 2014, 10:22 pm
They give up everything else...boom boom!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
ne14ne1   18 Jan 2014, 11:17 pm
On the updated Cobalt Clipper page on GNE's website it states: "Next stop announcements and display screens will also be added very soon".

I take it by that they just mean once the new buses enter service? Just when I first read it I took it as the new buses either don't have the audio/visual equipment in yet, or it won't be working straight away??? Confused

Just struck me as odd how they listed all the features of the new buses, then stated the next stop announcements & screens "will also be added soon".
Dan   18 Jan 2014, 11:23 pm
(18 Jan 2014, 11:17 pm)ne14ne1 wrote On the updated Cobalt Clipper page on GNE's website it states: "Next stop announcements and display screens will also be added very soon".

I take it by that they just mean once the new buses enter service? Just when I first read it I took it as the new buses either don't have the audio/visual equipment in yet, or it won't be working straight away??? Confused

Just struck me as odd how they listed all the features of the new buses, then stated the next stop announcements & screens "will also be added soon".

If you look back a page or two you will see a link to the photos I took at Riverside (including silver B9TLs). They certainly appear to have the screens.

Like the Fab56 and Venture, the Next Stop Announcements may not be done immediately though.
Rapidsnap   18 Jan 2014, 11:44 pm
With regards to the 353 moving to Riverside. This Nexus Bus route has it's own little pool of Solos (637-639) which are slightly longer then the other Nexus Bus Solos. However it does reduce the flexibility of having the spare out of 637-639 running on other routes, but there is nothing stopping them lending them to Saltmeadows for a day.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
speedwheels22   19 Jan 2014, 12:16 am
I hope the crusader,blaydon racers and the centurion brands get updated coz to me they look like Temporary brands not much effort is being put into the brands anymore some are great and some have gone down hill exapmle X66 and the loop
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   19 Jan 2014, 12:50 am
(19 Jan 2014, 12:16 am)speedwheels22 wrote I hope the crusader,blaydon racers and the centurion brands get updated coz to me they look like Temporary brands not much effort is being put into the brands anymore some are great and some have gone down hill exapmle X66 and the loop

I'm sure it's been mentioned that the X66 is being re-branded/refreshed.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Diamond One   19 Jan 2014, 12:57 am
(19 Jan 2014, 12:16 am)speedwheels22 wrote I hope the crusader,blaydon racers and the centurion brands get updated coz to me they look like Temporary brands not much effort is being put into the brands anymore some are great and some have gone down hill exapmle X66 and the loop

Crusader brand is already in its 3rd incarnation could get new buses but not yet and i'm quiet content with the vehicles they have on there they work well and there fast Blaydon Racers won't get upgraded in ages despite it is in it's 3rd incarnation and these vehicles are reliable Centurion has appeared in several different colours already im sure Gary or Tom will back me up that it is in it's 3rd incarnation also but i heard a romour from another bus spotter D.A that there is supposed to be new buses for 17/17A but as i used to say i believe it when i see it reason why X66 has a brand is because Metrocentre are helping them out while i like the loop the yellow green blue red and orange are my favourite
gtom   19 Jan 2014, 1:04 am
Re - next stop announcements. I was trying to think of a timeline of which services got them.

I'd assume Quaylink was first but then I get a little stuck.

Red Arrows had the screens but was the Angel ahead of that with the actual announcements? I remember the Vykings had a route map/stop list on the screens when they appeared on the Angel but there was no actual correlation to where you were
Malarkey   19 Jan 2014, 2:39 am
(19 Jan 2014, 12:57 am)Bazza Houston wrote Crusader brand is already in its 3rd incarnation could get new buses but not yet and i'm quiet content with the vehicles they have on there they work well and there fast Blaydon Racers won't get upgraded in ages despite it is in it's 3rd incarnation and these vehicles are reliable Centurion has appeared in several different colours already im sure Gary or Tom will back me up that it is in it's 3rd incarnation also but i heard a romour from another bus spotter D.A that there is supposed to be new buses for 17/17A but as i used to say i believe it when i see it reason why X66 has a brand is because Metrocentre are helping them out while i like the loop the yellow green blue red and orange are my favourite

I've been thinking since the Blaydon Racers Batch of Citaro were bought new in 2007 for the Red Arrows, Have they actually had a Repaint in the 7 Years Since, As I recall in 2009/2010 if my Memory serves me Correctly that the Red Arrows Batch of Citaros got Debranded and then Rebranded when GNE chopped and changed the X2/X3 and X4, And changed it to how it is now as the X1, But I don't know if they had a Repaint or Not, Obviously as we know in 2012 the Batch that went onto the Silver Arrows got a Repaint (58reg examples) whereas the Current Blaydon Racers Batch didn't.

So taking into account what Bazza has said in his post, would it be a good idea for GNE to invest in New Buses for the Blaydon Racers and then have Current Batch of Citaros Repainted to go onto the Centurion 17/17A, Resulting in the Withdrawal of the Renowns.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   19 Jan 2014, 7:53 am
(19 Jan 2014, 2:39 am)Adam Malarkey wrote I've been thinking since the Blaydon Racers Batch of Citaro were bought new in 2007 for the Red Arrows, Have they actually had a Repaint in the 7 Years Since, As I recall in 2009/2010 if my Memory serves me Correctly that the Red Arrows Batch of Citaros got Debranded and then Rebranded when GNE chopped and changed the X2/X3 and X4, And changed it to how it is now as the X1, But I don't know if they had a Repaint or Not, Obviously as we know in 2012 the Batch that went onto the Silver Arrows got a Repaint (58reg examples) whereas the Current Blaydon Racers Batch didn't.

So taking into account what Bazza has said in his post, would it be a good idea for GNE to invest in New Buses for the Blaydon Racers and then have Current Batch of Citaros Repainted to go onto the Centurion 17/17A, Resulting in the Withdrawal of the Renowns.

When things are a little less busy, it is quite likely that the Citaro vehicles allocated to the Blaydon Racers will be repainted and the brand will be updated. I'm sure this is very early days though.

For the record, I think you'd be better off suggesting that OmniCity cascades would be making their way to the Centurion in-line with this year's orders. I have already suggested how these vehicles may become available.
Adrian   19 Jan 2014, 10:38 am
(19 Jan 2014, 2:39 am)Adam Malarkey wrote I've been thinking since the Blaydon Racers Batch of Citaro were bought new in 2007 for the Red Arrows, Have they actually had a Repaint in the 7 Years Since, As I recall in 2009/2010 if my Memory serves me Correctly that the Red Arrows Batch of Citaros got Debranded and then Rebranded when GNE chopped and changed the X2/X3 and X4, And changed it to how it is now as the X1, But I don't know if they had a Repaint or Not, Obviously as we know in 2012 the Batch that went onto the Silver Arrows got a Repaint (58reg examples) whereas the Current Blaydon Racers Batch didn't.

They weren't debranded at that point. The branding was slightly altered to change the destinations along the top either side. The branding remained on them right until they were taken from the 'new' X3 (Sunderland - Newcastle) to go onto the Blaydon Racers.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Michael   19 Jan 2014, 10:51 am
(19 Jan 2014, 7:53 am)Dan wrote When things are a little less busy, it is quite likely that the Citaro vehicles allocated to the Blaydon Racers will be repainted and the brand will be updated. I'm sure this is very early days though.

For the record, I think you'd be better off suggesting that OmniCity cascades would be making their way to the Centurion in-line with this year's orders. I have already suggested how these vehicles may become available.

Would you be kind enough to remind everyone what it was? Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   19 Jan 2014, 11:08 am
(19 Jan 2014, 10:51 am)Michael wrote Would you be kind enough to remind everyone what it was? Tongue

If the "Crusader" receives investment this year, we will have a number of 'spare' Citaros. These could be transferred to Stanley depot for use on the "Red Kite" or indeed "West Durham Swift", assuming the single deck trial using OmniCity vehicles is successful (i.e. loadings not being an issue). You then have a number of OmniCity vehicles spare... Bearing in mind depot standardisation, where would be good to place the OmniCity vehicles?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
CatsFast101   19 Jan 2014, 11:18 am
(19 Jan 2014, 11:08 am)Dan wrote If the "Crusader" receives investment this year, we will have a number of 'spare' Citaros. These could be transferred to Stanley depot for use on the "Red Kite" or indeed "West Durham Swift", assuming the single deck trial using OmniCity vehicles is successful (i.e. loadings not being an issue). You then have a number of OmniCity vehicles spare... Bearing in mind depot standardisation, where would be good to place the OmniCity vehicles?

If I hear depot standardisation one more time! Wink
Dan   19 Jan 2014, 11:22 am
(19 Jan 2014, 11:18 am)CatsFast101 wrote If I hear depot standardisation one more time! Wink

My favourite line, man! Big Grin
Pages (60)    134 35 3660