Menu

Pages (100)    154 55 56100   
Michael   27 Jun 2015, 12:26 pm
(27 Jun 2015, 12:17 pm)Dan wrote Too right!

Mind, I've just bought GTA V for PC, and I'm slowly losing the will to live with how long it's taking to install. Game is about 65GB in total - spread across seven disks. Sad

Two down, five to go...

Oh dear, only problems with games like that, that's why i have GTA V on PS4... Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   27 Jun 2015, 12:32 pm
(27 Jun 2015, 12:24 pm)Malarkey wrote Dear oh dear oh dear I am slowly losing respect for you Mr Graham for being a PC Gamer.

Get yourself on Google, and you'll see which platform is better for running GTA V. Wink
Michael   27 Jun 2015, 12:35 pm
(27 Jun 2015, 12:24 pm)Malarkey wrote Dear oh dear oh dear I am slowly losing respect for you Mr Graham for being a PC Gamer.

I haven't played on a PC game for ages, i'm gonna play one!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   27 Jun 2015, 12:47 pm
(27 Jun 2015, 12:35 pm)Michael wrote I haven't played on a PC game for ages, i'm gonna play one!

The release of GTA V actually got me thinking about buying an Xbox again. Sold mine a few years back, as I just wasn't using it and it was gathering dust.

Was watching videos on YouTube earlier of gameplay of The Lost and Damned. Thoroughly enjoyed that on Xbox.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   27 Jun 2015, 12:49 pm
(27 Jun 2015, 12:32 pm)Dan wrote Get yourself on Google, and you'll see which platform is better for running GTA V. Wink
Never had any issues playing it on the Xbox 360, Would imagine it would run with zero issues on the new 1TB Xbox One also.
(27 Jun 2015, 12:35 pm)Michael wrote I haven't played on a PC game for ages, i'm gonna play one!
Might consider buying Football Manager 2016 when it comes out in October or November.
Jimmi   27 Jun 2015, 12:54 pm
(27 Jun 2015, 12:10 pm)Dan wrote Wow, we have a lot of negativity on the "mood" feature today... It's all red above me!
At least we have moods unlike you where it is just none, are you soulless or dead? [emoji14]

Now to add to the negative red moods, the driver on the Stagecarriage 271 dropped me off in the set down bay at Low Grange Farm Tesco and I have zero clue where the bus stop for the 64A is so I have to go to the stop the main road the 22 stops at and sure enough I just missed it and to annoy me even more it was Sapphire 1570 too.

On a more personal note I currently need a pee but the signs in Tesco are confused as to which gender they are as they both look like men and I do not want to make the mistake of going into the wrong one.
Adrian   27 Jun 2015, 1:01 pm
(27 Jun 2015, 12:17 pm)Dan wrote Too right!

Mind, I've just bought GTA V for PC, and I'm slowly losing the will to live with how long it's taking to install. Game is about 65GB in total - spread across seven disks. Sad

Two down, five to go...

It takes just as long to install on the PS4. Just wait for the updates that Rockstar issue every time you want to play it too mind. Tongue

I've never played GTA on the PC since Vice City, but it's always going to be the better platform. You have the luxury of changing hardware if something is causing a bottleneck. No such luck with a PS4 or Xbox One, although you'd expect the developers to optimise the game for those platforms - a luxury they don't have with the PC, due to the wide range of hardware available on the market.

Best thing about GTA on the PC though is the amount of mods available. I'm pretty sure you can get Arriva and Stagecoach liveries for the buses in game haha.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Davie   28 Jun 2015, 7:08 am
Every time I eat anything I get a pain in my jaw and I think I have damaged my calf muscle
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   28 Jun 2015, 9:41 am
Day 3 of Michael's current life....

Hayfever has taken over Michael's life as its being going on for 3 days......

Phoning the DR's tomorrow to see if i can get stronger tablets.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
LeeCalder   28 Jun 2015, 9:48 am
(28 Jun 2015, 7:08 am)Davie wrote Every time I eat anything I get a pain in my jaw and I think I have damaged my calf muscle

Bit extreme. You've probably just had cramp or something.
Adrian   28 Jun 2015, 1:41 pm
You think you've damaged your calf muscle which is giving you pains in your jaw? :s

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Rapidsnap   28 Jun 2015, 6:44 pm
I know why. He's overstretching himself every time he puts his foot in his mouth.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   29 Jun 2015, 12:40 pm
Passenger smoking on the 7 [emoji34]

Think it may be an e-cigerrete but still something that isn't allowed on Arriva's buses.
omnicity4659   29 Jun 2015, 12:49 pm
(29 Jun 2015, 12:40 pm)Jimmi wrote Passenger smoking on the 7 [emoji34]

Think it may be an e-cigerrete but still something that isn't allowed on Arriva's buses.

Inform the driver. I was on a Blyth Commander a couple of months ago and informed the driver of some knob smoking an e-cig, posters appeared on buses days after urging passengers not to smoke and inform the driver if anyone is smoking.
mb134   30 Jun 2015, 6:12 am
The lack of tracking on at least 5 X21/22's, two of which will make up part of my commute today... Sad
LeeCalder   30 Jun 2015, 8:31 am
This driver I had on the 82 yesterday. It was the first journey from Birtley that Arriva have and he was atrocious! I'm sure I have whiplash.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   30 Jun 2015, 3:05 pm
Not knowing there was a diversion between the Toll Bar and Ryhope earlier on...Waited for the 238 at Ryhope Green, was pissed off when the bus turned right toward Ryhope Hospital instead of left to the Green...

I should have known...I totally forgot seeing an X7 dart past me at Ryhope Green...I am as thick as pig shit and numb as **** at times Big Grin
Jimmi   30 Jun 2015, 3:19 pm
Bloody cyclists [emoji34]
idiot   30 Jun 2015, 8:56 pm
(30 Jun 2015, 3:19 pm)Jimmi wrote Bloody cyclists [emoji34]

Care to go?! Tongue

My rant is that my PAT machine has failed calibration Sad
Jimmi   30 Jun 2015, 9:34 pm
(30 Jun 2015, 8:56 pm)idiot wrote Care to go?! [emoji14]

I nearly got run over by a car as I couldn't see any cars behind at a junction as their was four or five cyclists on the footpath right behind me so the view behind was totally obscured and then when I got across the road one of them nearly went into the back of me giving me dirty looks as well.

I have a strong disliking to cyclists as I have had a few incidents with them recently both physically and verbally - one got really angry as I was walking down a narrow footpath and he came up behind me and started shouting at me telling me to get out of the way, I have a had a few arguments with them when they have tried to claim I'm in the wrong when it has been them who are in the wrong. I was recently knocked down to the grond in Darlington Town Centre as I was walking up Tubwell Row which is on a bit of a hill and a cyclist came thundering down like a bat out of hell and with the speed he was doing going downhill and had no control so ended up colliding with me knocking me to the ground, thankfully me and my camera were physically unharmed although I wanted to physically harm the pillock.

All these incidents now have me turning my head like I'm possessed everytime I have to walk anywhere as I now have the fear I am going to have one collide into me or one will be having a angry exchange of words with me and I already had problems thinking people are going to beat me up or shout at me etc. before these incidents happened.

I would like to point out in many of the incidents these people people have not being the cyclist's who you see wearing helmets, high viz and the shorts it's been people in normal clothing Hoodies, jeans and no helmets.

As I am not a cyclist I can't see things from their viewpoint and I am a bit of an arse about this sort of thing but in some of these cases I am having to think about my own safety even when there isn't any for miles thanks to these incidents it's left me slightly paranoid that I am going to have another incident which I really don't want to happen.

I really don't want to annoy anyone so for some of the comments I have made in regards to cyclists I apologise but some of my comments I feel are justified. I regret most of the things I post in this thread and wish I could control my outbursts on here and in other ways but I seem to struggle.

I nearly got run over by a car as I couldn't see any cars behind at a junction as their was four or five cyclists on the footpath right behind me so the view behind was totally obscured and then when I got across the road one of them nearly went into the back of me giving me dirty looks as well.

I have a strong disliking to cyclists as I have had a few incidents with them recently both physically and verbally - one got really angry as I was walking down a narrow footpath and he came up behind me and started shouting at me telling me to get out of the way, I have a had a few arguments with them when they have tried to claim I'm in the wrong when it has been them who are in the wrong. I was recently knocked down to the grond in Darlington Town Centre as I was walking up Tubwell Row which is on a bit of a hill and a cyclist came thundering down like a bat out of hell and with the speed he was doing going downhill and had no control so ended up colliding with me knocking me to the ground, thankfully me and my camera were physically unharmed although I wanted to physically harm the pillock.

All these incidents now have me turning my head like I'm possessed everytime I have to walk anywhere as I now have the fear I am going to have one collide into me or one will be having a angry exchange of words with me and I already had problems thinking people are going to beat me up or shout at me etc. before these incidents happened.

I would like to point out in many of the incidents these people people have not being the cyclist's who you see wearing helmets, high viz and the shorts it's been people in normal clothing Hoodies, jeans and no helmets.

As I am not a cyclist I can't see things from their viewpoint and I am a bit of an arse about this sort of thing but in some of these cases I am having to think about my own safety even when there isn't any for miles thanks to these incidents it's left me slightly paranoid that I am going to have another incident which I really don't want to happen.

I really don't want to annoy anyone so for some of the comments I have made in regards to cyclists I apologise but some of my comments I feel are justified. I regret most of the things I post in this thread and wish I could control my outbursts on here and in other ways but I seem to struggle.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   30 Jun 2015, 9:36 pm

idiot   30 Jun 2015, 9:41 pm
Points taken. I'm a lycra helmet wearing one and even sometimes don't use shared footpaths if there busy! I average about 18 mph anyway so sometimes to fast for them... For example Seaburn and Roker during the summer hols. But there are a lot of idiots on bikes/walking/driving. I can say that as I'm a (red) man van!!!
Jimmi   30 Jun 2015, 9:55 pm
(30 Jun 2015, 9:41 pm)idiot wrote Points taken. I'm a lycra helmet wearing one and even sometimes don't use shared footpaths if there busy! I average about 18 mph anyway so sometimes to fast for them... For example Seaburn and Roker during the summer hols. But there are a lot of idiots on bikes/walking/driving. I can say that as I'm a (red) man van!!!

I don't really worry about the lycra helmet wearing ones as they usually are alright and they tend use roads instead of footpaths and if they are on footpaths they will usually happily sit behind you until it is safe to pass and if I know there is one behind me I will try and quickly move for them to get past usually by walking on the grass providing it's been dry. It's the normal clothes wearing helmetless ones I worry about as you don't always know what they will do.

There are other idiots on footpaths and roads, I have nearly been run over by quad bikes, scooters and cars on footpaths!
MrFozz   01 Jul 2015, 9:38 am
(30 Jun 2015, 9:55 pm)Jimmi wrote I don't really worry about the lycra helmet wearing ones as they usually are alright and they tend use roads instead of footpaths and if they are on footpaths they will usually happily sit behind you until it is safe to pass and if I know there is one behind me I will try and quickly move for them to get past usually by walking on the grass providing it's been dry. It's the normal clothes wearing helmetless ones I worry about as you don't always know what they will do.

There are other idiots on footpaths and roads, I have nearly been run over by quad bikes, scooters and cars on footpaths!
Then ya have people like my dad who says cyclists and drivers of mobility scooters should be using paths he believes this as they 'don't pay road tax' I disagree with him, some of them old boys and girls are dangerous with there scooters
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   01 Jul 2015, 11:11 am
(01 Jul 2015, 9:38 am)MrFozz wrote Then ya have people like my dad who says cyclists and drivers of mobility scooters should be using paths he believes this as they 'don't pay road tax' I disagree with him, some of them old boys and girls are dangerous with there scooters

Another selection of people I don't like.

Nearly had an OAP on a mobility scooter go into the back of me heading downhill at speed in Darlington Town Centre a while back. Was going round the town centre like he was a bleeding race car driver as he kept deliberately went downhill around Darlington Town Centre.

Also had one when I was in Blackpool last week who thought she could bully her way past people and would not stop for anybody and nearly ran me over as it was busy and it was hard enough moving around all the people as it was without her shoving her way down the pavement.

I disagree with them using footpaths as it's dangerous to pedestrians when they are driving them like idiots also aren't some of them registered for use on the road?
MrFozz   01 Jul 2015, 11:54 am
(01 Jul 2015, 11:11 am)Jimmi wrote Another selection of people I don't like.

Nearly had an OAP on a mobility scooter go into the back of me heading downhill at speed in Darlington Town Centre a while back. Was going round the town centre like he was a bleeding race car driver as he kept deliberately went downhill around Darlington Town Centre.

Also had one when I was in Blackpool last week who thought she could bully her way past people and would not stop for anybody and nearly ran me over as it was busy and it was hard enough moving around all the people as it was without her shoving her way down the pavement.

I disagree with them using footpaths as it's dangerous to pedestrians when they are driving them like idiots also aren't some of them registered for use on the road?
One thing I agree with my dad on, when ya get a mobility scooter, there should be some kind of test to prove your competent and he also thinks a small insurance should be obtained for them to go on the road...

I have had it before where I have had to step into the path of oncoming traffic because one would not move for me
Jimmi   01 Jul 2015, 2:40 pm
I have a pain in my back today, think I have just pulled a muscle probably through either the way I slept last night or from my session at the gym yesterday.
Davie   01 Jul 2015, 2:48 pm
(01 Jul 2015, 2:40 pm)Jimmi wrote I have a pain in my back today, think I have just pulled a muscle probably through either the way I slept last night or from my session at the gym yesterday.

I hope it's nothing serious, Jimmi!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   01 Jul 2015, 2:50 pm
(01 Jul 2015, 2:48 pm)Davie wrote I hope it's nothing serious, Jimmi!
It's probably just a pulled muscle. Really annoying though.
Jimmi   01 Jul 2015, 5:44 pm
Had tickets to see The Vaccines in Blackpool in November however the date has been changed to December so they can support Mumford & Sons in Australia instead. [emoji35]

The big problem with this is that I have already booked accommodation for the gig and it's unlikely I can get a refund for this booking and this also leaves me with another problem, if I still want to see them I would have to pay AGAIN for the rearranged date. [emoji35]

Am not happy about this, to screw your own fans out of money to support bloody Mumford in another country is a total ****ing joke [emoji35]

There's always something goes wrong for me [emoji35]
Pages (100)    154 55 56100