Menu

Pages (60)    16 7 860   
Tom   02 Jan 2014, 7:04 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 7:01 pm)Dan wrote Thought it was 11 off memory, but looking at the timetables, 9 seems right - yeah.

This seems logical though:

4908/4909/4911/4920/4922/4924/4925 to Percy Main for service 9.
4906/7 to Percy Main as a spare.
Solars 4964/5 to Percy Main to replace 8239/41.
5247/5248/5249/5250/5253/5254/5273/5274 to Stanley for X30/X31/X70/X71.
Michael   02 Jan 2014, 7:08 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 6:51 pm)ADLEnviro wrote Thanks, Michael.

Well I will ask the couple of things that looked interesting to me and see if anyone knows the answer's

X36 - peak journeys between City Centre and Hylton Riverside, will that be an extension as stated in the bus briefing or stand alone from the main service. Is it going to run in both directions in both peaks or just to Hylton Riverside AM and from Hylton Riverside PM.

29/29A - route variation at Town End Farm. Is this going to be the same times as the Heworth extention.

99A - will this run from the Seaburn or Silksworth end to the City Centre or from a point mid route like Southwick or the Royal Hospital.

Not sure on any of them but the 29 will run every 20 mins on its full route also by the map the 29A wont serve town end farm on sundays.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   02 Jan 2014, 7:24 pm
Freshly repainted 5210 was allocated to "Fab Fifty Six" service 56 today for the very first time post-repaint.
A photograph displaying the entire vehicle's sparkling yellow coat can be viewed in this photograph, taken this morning when the sun came out to play!
northtynelinks2   02 Jan 2014, 7:46 pm
Sorry for all of my posts lately but have the last 4 B9s for Percy Main arrived yet and if they have does anybody know their registrations?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   02 Jan 2014, 7:49 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 6:57 pm)Tom wrote Isn't it 9? - 5 for the X30/X31, 4 for the X70/X71 (2hr round trip from Newcastle to Consett).

That x70/71 seems like it takes all day to do one trip, never mind 2hrs for a round trip!

Did my first ride on an Omnicity and I was sick of my life by the time we got to Consett.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
CatsFast101   02 Jan 2014, 8:10 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 7:24 pm)Dan wrote Freshly repainted 5210 was allocated to "Fab Fifty Six" service 56 today for the very first time post-repaint.
A photograph displaying the entire vehicle's sparkling yellow coat can be viewed in this photograph, taken this morning when the sun came out to play!

Are we expecting the X35/X36 to interwork now? The X35 manages just with a 6 PVR and delays aren't uncommon, and if my maths are correct X36 needs a PVR of 5 but this leads to lengthy layover. Only thing is that the X35 Solars are branded with route details at the top, so that would need changing with the X36 added to the other side maybe? But I assume they will be interworking as it solves two issues; reliability of X35 and long layover on X36.
Dan   02 Jan 2014, 8:13 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 8:10 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Are we expecting the X35/X36 to interwork now? The X35 manages just with a 6 PVR and delays aren't uncommon, and if my maths are correct X36 needs a PVR of 5 but this leads to lengthy layover. Only thing is that the X35 Solars are branded with route details at the top, so that would need changing with the X36 added to the other side maybe? But I assume they will be interworking as it solves two issues; reliability of X35 and long layover on X36.

I can't see it working any other way, so yes.
Greater layover should increase reliability which appears to be a priority for 2014, as I've been banging on about for about a week. Tongue
MrFozz   02 Jan 2014, 8:18 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 11:59 am)andreos1 wrote Not sure why they have left it until now to stop the 265 going into High Grange.
The roadworks/one way system at Belmont was what was causing the problems with it.

It always seemed popular with people working in the industrial estate too.

The x3 seems a strange one.
Can't work out a reduction in the pvr by stopping it at Monkwearmouth, but depending on the route it takes (possibly heading into Roker, Glass Centre, University area), it may attract people from the area off the Metro.
Saying that, the section around Boldon was one of the few parts of the previous route, not served by the Metro.

I have to say, GNE seem to love skirting around the edges of the North Sunderland estates.
Pretty sure the majority of people live within the estates and given the choice of walking to the end of the street and waiting for a SNE bus or onto the main road for a GNE one, I know which bus I would choose.

Hopefully these changes will work.

I have heard a few moans about the 265 going round High Grange, simply put if it could go that way, then why not Cornwall Est in Murton...Plus it added a few minutes on a journey which it's vehicles used struggled on i.e. Not very good at climbing banks
(02 Jan 2014, 11:33 am)cbma06 wrote Ive already mentioned to GNE about extending at least 1 or 2 60's per hour from Seaham along X7 route to Peterlee then onwards to Hartlepool, or run a X7 and X8 on a jointly 30 minute service between Sunderland and Peterlee then the X8 goes down to Hartlepool via Blackhall, and see what patronage it gets for the first 6 months trial.

I have suggested in service suggestions for a new WTX sort of service, except going to Dalton Park

(02 Jan 2014, 4:43 pm)CatsFast101 wrote East Durham changes are a hitty missy. The 208 changes are quite good I do like the idea and provides connections to Easington Colliery. 209/210 are a total rewind to last year, 265 changes are good, faster journey is needed. I hope the 204 works out as they seem to chop and changing the Belmont/Pittington as much as North Sunderland!

The 208 idea extending to Durham is a good idea for Easington, it opens the link once abandoned by Arriva on the old 240/24...

I thought they might have re-introduced Cornwall Estate on the 265, as the bus stops round there say 'Services don't serve at present' which had led me to believe that there may have been plans to put services back round the Estate, it was never the more lucrative stops, but plenty old people used it to goto Hetton and Durham...

I am also unsurprised at the 238 modification reopening a link when the 202 was changed last year and unsurprised at the 202 going round Crawford Avenue, it's traditional route for donkeys years on the 152
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   02 Jan 2014, 8:21 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 7:59 pm)ADLEnviro wrote From a pleasure point of view the X71 is a nice route from Medomsley to Burnhopefield. Some stunning views from the upper deck front seats, bit of a thrill factor as well thinking is that next tree coming straight through the front window. I have some stunning shots taken from the front upper deck windows during the snow we had last year.

The upper deck front seats are the best seats on a bus as a passenger. Even little kids heading out for the day realise that from a young age too.

I imagine the journey on the x70/71 on a decker, is much more enjoyable than the back of an Omnicity.

Not so sure about the seat by the door at the front of a Citaro mind...

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Michael   02 Jan 2014, 8:28 pm
Seems a good idea that the X35-X36 will interwork, can imagine the delays in Newcastle.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
CatsFast101   02 Jan 2014, 8:31 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 8:28 pm)Michael wrote Seems a good idea that the X35-X36 will interwork, can imagine the delays in Newcastle.

Well I'd like there to be decently long layover in Sunderland from the X36 working onto X35. If the timetables done right then it should be fine.
big mac   02 Jan 2014, 9:00 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 7:49 pm)andreos1 wrote That x70/71 seems like it takes all day to do one trip, never mind 2hrs for a round trip!

Did my first ride on an Omnicity and I was sick of my life by the time we got to Consett.

You should try the 45, mate! Big Grin

I know it's obviously not intended to be an express. but it always seems like a hell of a trek from Newcastle to Consett, although the scenery is very good en route.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
WestDurhamSwift   02 Jan 2014, 9:03 pm
The x30/x31 is worse! Great views, but seems to go around in a circle for a good half hour.
big mac   02 Jan 2014, 9:19 pm
(29 Dec 2013, 6:27 pm)Kuyoyo wrote No, not since operation of the 67/69 moved to Saltmeadows depot.

Just to follow on from that, as the 69 is now being run from Saltmeadows rather than Winlaton, how about running a 2309 journey from Winlaton to Wardley, even it was just a Friday/Saturday only service for the pubs? It would be less of a distance to return to the depot than it would have previously been at Winlaton once it's finished the run. Just a suggestion.
Michael   02 Jan 2014, 10:07 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 9:58 pm)ADLEnviro wrote As it looks like a lot of people think the X35/X36 will inter-work it looks like my earlier question about the Hylton Riverside extension has been answered. If this is going to stand alone from the main service it would have been better to renumber it something else.

Have to wait till the timetables are out, which i hope is tomorrow, the map shows its just from park lane

So the route should be

Newcastle -Gatehead - heworth- southwick - park lane (then at peak times) Chester road - Pallion - Hylton riverside.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Tom   02 Jan 2014, 10:11 pm
So will it be 8228's last day potentially on Saturday?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rapidsnap   02 Jan 2014, 10:27 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 4:34 pm)grandad wrote Is the new Irizar/Scania K DDA compliant? Apparently GoAhead Group management were showing interest at Kortrijk.

This is the new Scania K-Series / Irizar i3 that was mentioned earlier, as you can see it's a normal bus as opposed to a coach.

[Image: Irizar-i3-ns.jpg]

Additonally, on my way home from work in Throckley, I decided to fuel up my car at ASDA Metrocentre, so I decided to drive past Riverside depot whilst it was dark, therefore making easier to see inside. I noticed that the Geminis parked within are now branded and a bit of the branding seems slightly different to whats been used on publicity.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Michael   02 Jan 2014, 10:30 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 10:27 pm)GMitchelhill wrote This is the new Scania K-Series / Irizar i3 that was mentioned earlier, as you can see it's a normal bus as opposed to a coach.

That looks good, would suit the GNE style

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MrFozz   02 Jan 2014, 10:33 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 10:30 pm)Michael wrote That looks good, would suit the GNE style

Has a look of a Citaro about it
Michael   02 Jan 2014, 10:34 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 10:33 pm)fozzovmurton wrote Has a look of a Citaro about it

Aye it does, with abit of Omnicity in it.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
CatsFast101   02 Jan 2014, 10:36 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 9:58 pm)ADLEnviro wrote As it looks like a lot of people think the X35/X36 will inter-work it looks like my earlier question about the Hylton Riverside extension has been answered. If this is going to stand alone from the main service it would have been better to renumber it something else.

At peak times the X35 current timetable runs later to allow delays to be recovered to help reliability. So when X35's usual depart at :00 & :30, at peak times I'm sure they depart at 4:35, 17:10, 17:40 etc. so on these journeys the bus that arrives having worked the X35 to Sunderland can then go back out onto an X35 to Hartlepool as opposed to operating the X36 out to Newcastle. This would then allow an X36 to Newcastle at these times to continue onto Hylton Riverside after reaching Park Lane.

(02 Jan 2014, 10:11 pm)Tom wrote So will it be 8228's last day potentially on Saturday?

Quite possibly, if the B9's are out on Sunday which hasn't officially been confirmed yet.
Malarkey   02 Jan 2014, 11:31 pm
[quote='GMitchelhill' pid='24800' dateline='1388701629']

This is the new Scania K-Series / Irizar i3 that was mentioned earlier, as you can see it's a normal bus as opposed to a coach.

Pic of the Rear/Interior

http://blogpontodeonibus.wordpress.com/2...na-europa/

I have to say this is very nice looking bus
Malarkey   02 Jan 2014, 11:35 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 10:11 pm)Tom wrote So will it be 8228's last day potentially on Saturday?

Hopefully, Depending on other Fleet Movements after the B9's enter Service, if they do that is on Sunday, they'll all be gone come Monday....Fingers Crossed
Tom   02 Jan 2014, 11:42 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 11:35 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Hopefully, Depending on other Fleet Movements after the B9's enter Service, if they do that is on Sunday, they'll all be gone come Monday....Fingers Crossed

Doubt it, not all of 'em.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
CatsFast101   02 Jan 2014, 11:48 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 11:05 pm)ADLEnviro wrote Looks a lot more logical since you have said that.

Looking from my side of the fence I still think this X36 to Hylton Riverside should have been a stand alone service. I cant really see who is going to benefit from it being straight through. Most of the North Side that it covers is also covered by the 99. Who would want to travel on the section between Downhill and Southwick on the X36 via the City in peak times if they can get the 99. This leaves Basically Heworth, Gateshead and newcastle as its catchment area. Most would rather get the Metro to Interchange then a service to Hylton Riverside from there.

If timed correctly it could possibly provided an extra bus for those around the enterprise park and if you're in Southwick I can't imagine journey times been much different going via Pallion & City Centre than via Hylton Castle & Witherwack! It also quite importantly will provide access to the City centre from the enterprise park and also connections onto the metro. Hylton riverside isn't served greatly and I'm imagining this service will be an quick travel option.
Tom   02 Jan 2014, 11:50 pm
Also, are any MPD's at Peterlee still in ''Venture'' branding.
CatsFast101   02 Jan 2014, 11:53 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 11:50 pm)Tom wrote Also, are any MPD's at Peterlee still in ''Venture'' branding.

No idea, however 542 was on 265's seen at Hetton about 1ish maybe? I was jumping on X1 at the time.
I believe 560 is in plain yellow with no branding.
Michael   03 Jan 2014, 9:19 am
More changes from 26th January...

Following customer consultation for Diamond, feedback and to improve reliability there are changes to services 44, 13, 14, 8, 78 and 307 from 26 January 2014 - http://ow.ly/sesHZ

the biggest change is - Diamond service 44 - Following customer consultation, one service 44 each hour during Monday-Saturday daytimes will operate as service 44A, serving
Flint Hill North Road, White le Head and Tantobie instead of Dipton.
Dipton will continue to have a half hourly service 44 at peak times, as well as two buses per hour to Newcastle across the day with service 44 and X70.

Service 307
The school holidays only journey which departs Benton Asda at 1532 will no longer operate due to low passenger numbers. We apologise for any inconvenience which may be caused.

8,78,13/14 are just re-timings

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
DanPicken   03 Jan 2014, 9:20 am
some more changes and the diamond is interesting http://www.simplygo.com/news/bus-service...nuary-2014
Michael   03 Jan 2014, 9:48 am
Hope the B9's are out this week, back to college on Monday.. if they are i'll have to take the 56 route to college their and back.

Anyone have any idea where the 29 will stop in Park lane, will it still stop at Stand T or will it move over to A-G stands?, of course if it stops in Park lane.. wise move - it should

9 will stop at stand R, like now
29 - Stand ?
X36 - Stand V - along with the 700
99A - (Peaktimes) - Stand T
135/136 - Stand T?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Pages (60)    16 7 860