Menu

Pages (60)    14 5 660   
Michael   02 Jan 2014, 10:55 am
(02 Jan 2014, 9:42 am)Tom wrote East Durham Bus Briefing
Sunderland Bus Briefing

Bet Michael is happy now! Tongue

X3 is still running, but with a express service from Monkwearmouth and West Boldon to Newcastle, which will omit Wardley and Boldon ASDA which will be fantastic!

X36 is running every half hour, as I suggested.

The peak service will be the 99A, to replace the 36/36A.

Sounds good to me...

Edit: gonna have a edit due to being on computer now

GNE have some good idea's:

The 29 is a good move, shame it only goes to Heworth as now,early mornings,evenings and Sundays.

Glad to see the 99 running regularly though the day with a new 99A.

9 changes like proposed... good

X36 - Good - This might boost passenger numbers on it

X3 is a odd one for me, hopefully this works

Service 38 - was expecting some sort of change due to not being registered again - slight changes

Service 238 - The service willoperate additionally via Burnhall Drive in Seaham following discussion with Durham County Council - was expecting it to go half hourly for some reason.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
N1cholas   02 Jan 2014, 11:01 am
just a thought about the new x3 terminating at monkwearmouth. the new Tesco has a bus stop and turning circle maybe they are going to use that.
Michael   02 Jan 2014, 11:08 am
(02 Jan 2014, 11:01 am)Nicholas Perry wrote just a thought about the new x3 terminating at monkwearmouth. the new Tesco has a bus stop and turning circle maybe they are going to use that.

That's a good idea, not sure if a cadet or B10 could fit around it.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
BJ10VUS   02 Jan 2014, 11:08 am
(02 Jan 2014, 11:01 am)Nicholas Perry wrote just a thought about the new x3 terminating at monkwearmouth. the new Tesco has a bus stop and turning circle maybe they are going to use that.

That's a good thought, although it still seems odd to only run it to Monkwearmouth.

Although, with the X3 now serving Market Street instead of Eldon Square, it may be able to steal a few passengers from the 27 who are waiting on Market Street for Gateshead and Heworth.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   02 Jan 2014, 11:13 am
(02 Jan 2014, 11:08 am)BJ10VUS wrote That's a good thought, although it still seems odd to only run it to Monkwearmouth.

Although, with the X3 now serving Market Street instead of Eldon Square, it may be able to steal a few passengers from the 27 who are waiting on Market Street for Gateshead and Heworth.

Also saving on..what was it.. £6 per use of Park Lane and Eldon Sq? A lot cheaper to run, especially if it is operated by a midi-sized vehicle (Cadet).
Michael   02 Jan 2014, 11:19 am
(02 Jan 2014, 11:13 am)Dan wrote Also saving on..what was it.. £6 per use of Park Lane and Eldon Sq? A lot cheaper to run, especially if it is operated by a midi-sized vehicle (Cadet).

Hopefully the timetables are updated in the better format then the rubbish format..

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MrFozz   02 Jan 2014, 11:21 am
No real surprise with the East Durham Changes, pleased to see the 265 taken off High Grange Estate, thought they might have re-instated the link round Cornwall Estate though.

No surprise on the 238 going round Northlea Estate to reinstate the link lost when the 203 went and no surprise on the 202 heading round Crawford Avenue, going back to it's 152 roots.

I still think GNE should look at the feasibility of a route to Hartlepool down the coast at some point
Michael   02 Jan 2014, 11:26 am
(02 Jan 2014, 11:21 am)fozzovmurton wrote No real surprise with the East Durham Changes, pleased to see the 265 taken off High Grange Estate, thought they might have re-instated the link round Cornwall Estate though.

No surprise on the 238 going round Northlea Estate to reinstate the link lost when the 203 went and no surprise on the 202 heading round Crawford Avenue, going back to it's 152 roots.

I still think GNE should look at the feasibility of a route to Hartlepool down the coast at some point

I was expecting alot more changes to the East Durham services.

GNE seem to be merging a few East Durham services in to one, which is good, instead of having loads of services..

This should be learnt and done to the Venture network...

On the Fast cats - X35 - The 17:10pm service is withdrawn due to low passenger numbers, if the 18:10pm run isn't re timed then theirs gonna be a massive gap (i would of thought its likely to be changed)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
cbma06   02 Jan 2014, 11:33 am
(02 Jan 2014, 11:21 am)fozzovmurton wrote No real surprise with the East Durham Changes, pleased to see the 265 taken off High Grange Estate, thought they might have re-instated the link round Cornwall Estate though.

Ive already mentioned to GNE about extending at least 1 or 2 60's per hour from Seaham along X7 route to Peterlee then onwards to Hartlepool, or run a X7 and X8 on a jointly 30 minute service between Sunderland and Peterlee then the X8 goes down to Hartlepool via Blackhall, and see what patronage it gets for the first 6 months trial.

citaro5284   02 Jan 2014, 11:52 am
(02 Jan 2014, 11:19 am)Michael wrote Hopefully the timetables are updated in the better format then the rubbish format..

Are you never happy Tongue
Michael   02 Jan 2014, 11:54 am
(02 Jan 2014, 11:52 am)citaro5284 wrote Are you never happy Tongue

No Tongue, na i just find it easier to read the better format than the one they upload before it, as i call it.. the rubbish version

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Andreos1   02 Jan 2014, 11:59 am
Not sure why they have left it until now to stop the 265 going into High Grange.
The roadworks/one way system at Belmont was what was causing the problems with it.

It always seemed popular with people working in the industrial estate too.

The x3 seems a strange one.
Can't work out a reduction in the pvr by stopping it at Monkwearmouth, but depending on the route it takes (possibly heading into Roker, Glass Centre, University area), it may attract people from the area off the Metro.
Saying that, the section around Boldon was one of the few parts of the previous route, not served by the Metro.

I have to say, GNE seem to love skirting around the edges of the North Sunderland estates.
Pretty sure the majority of people live within the estates and given the choice of walking to the end of the street and waiting for a SNE bus or onto the main road for a GNE one, I know which bus I would choose.

Hopefully these changes will work.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   02 Jan 2014, 12:02 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 11:59 am)andreos1 wrote Not sure why they have left it until now to stop the 265 going into High Grange.
The roadworks/one way system at Belmont was what was causing the problems with it.

It always seemed popular with people working in the industrial estate too.

The x3 seems a strange one.
Can't work out a reduction in the pvr by stopping it at Monkwearmouth, but depending on the route it takes (possibly heading into Roker, Glass Centre, University area), it may attract people from the area off the Metro.
Saying that, the section around Boldon was one of the few parts of the previous route, not served by the Metro.

I have to say, GNE seem to love skirting around the edges of the North Sunderland estates.
Pretty sure the majority of people live within the estates and given the choice of walking to the end of the street and waiting for a SNE bus or onto the main road for a GNE one, I know which bus I would choose.

i would go for stagecoach... new gas buses will be on the 16 in the next couple of months.... later in the year, the 3 and 13 will get them (confirmed by stagecoach in an email), the 4 is using Enviro's.... Southwick is well covered by new buses for stagecoach...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Greg in Weardale   02 Jan 2014, 12:02 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 9:42 am)Tom wrote East Durham Bus Briefing
Sunderland Bus Briefing

Bet Michael is happy now! Tongue

X3 is still running, but with a express service from Monkwearmouth and West Boldon to Newcastle, which will omit Wardley and Boldon ASDA which will be fantastic!

X36 is running every half hour, as I suggested.

The peak service will be the 99A, to replace the 36/36A.

Sounds good to me...

Much as expected, but the surprise is the continuation of the long drawn out death throes of the X3, which wasn't mentioned in the consultation, although it's demise was implied by the changes to the 9 & X36, so I added onto the comments my wanting it to be continued. Speeding it up is good as long as it doesn't stupidly miss out Gateshead Interchange like the 27X, a way to intentionally try to put off passengers, and runs hourly, which the Briefing seems to imply it won't.
Andreos1   02 Jan 2014, 12:15 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 12:02 pm)Michael wrote i would go for stagecoach... new gas buses will be on the 16 in the next couple of months.... later in the year, the 3 and 13 will get them (confirmed by stagecoach in an email), the 4 is using Enviro's.... Southwick is well covered by new buses for stagecoach...

As is the heart of Town End Farm, Hylton Castle, Marley Potts, Witherwack, Red House, Carley Hill etc.

The only parts not covered seem to be the areas south of Hylton Road.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Michael   02 Jan 2014, 12:17 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 12:15 pm)andreos1 wrote As is the heart of Town End Farm, Hylton Castle, Marley Potts, Witherwack, Red House, Carley Hill etc.

The only parts not covered seem to be the areas south of Hylton Road.

Ye, could a bus get up them streets, not from the area, iv'e being along hylton road many times, wouldn't want to venture in that area because ill be classed as an unknown haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   02 Jan 2014, 1:02 pm
Volvo B9TL 6098 has arrived at Deptford depot.
Michael   02 Jan 2014, 1:04 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 1:02 pm)Dan wrote Volvo B9TL 6098 has arrived at Deptford depot.

=D, any chance all 17 will arrive today, won't take that long to bring them for Saltmeadows?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   02 Jan 2014, 1:07 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 1:04 pm)Michael wrote =D, any chance all 17 will arrive today, won't take that long to bring them for Saltmeadows?

Depends how many drivers are available to move things - guess the remainer will be transferred in the early hours of tomorrow morning.
Michael   02 Jan 2014, 1:12 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 1:07 pm)Dan wrote Depends how many drivers are available to move things - guess the remainer will be transferred in the early hours of tomorrow morning.

that's daft, only moving 1 then the rest tomorrow, might as well move at least half today then half tomorrow.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
citaro5284   02 Jan 2014, 1:14 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 1:12 pm)Michael wrote that's daft, only moving 1 then the rest tomorrow, might as well move at least half today then half tomorrow.

Availability of staff.....
Michael   02 Jan 2014, 1:26 pm
Any idea when the new timetable's will be uploaded?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
JP6004   02 Jan 2014, 1:30 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 1:04 pm)Michael wrote =D, any chance all 17 will arrive today, won't take that long to bring them for Saltmeadows?

I'll take my phone charger with me tomorrow just in case Wink
Dan   02 Jan 2014, 1:31 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 1:30 pm)JP6004 wrote I'll take my phone charger with me tomorrow just in case Wink

Better off doing that on Sunday.

Bazza Houston has shared a photograph of the promotional posters placed on Cobalt Clipper vehicles showcasing the new livery for the B9TL vehicles. See attachment.
The first of these vehicles are being branded now.
Attached Files
.jpg
1512682_10152092737302279_223788562_n.jpg (Size 25.07 KB Downloads 57)
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   02 Jan 2014, 1:33 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 1:31 pm)Dan wrote Better off doing that on Sunday.

Bazza Houston has shared a photograph of the promotional posters placed on Cobalt Clipper vehicles showcasing the new livery for the B9TL vehicles. See attachment.

Does that mean all of them will be out on service on Sunday?

That looks really good, better than the current Cobalt Clipper brand.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   02 Jan 2014, 1:34 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 1:33 pm)Michael wrote That looks really good, better than the current one

GNE.. take note!
If it's got Michael's approval, it must be good! Big Grin
JP6004   02 Jan 2014, 1:35 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 1:31 pm)Dan wrote Better off doing that on Sunday.

No harm being prepared Tongue
Michael   02 Jan 2014, 1:38 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 1:34 pm)Dan wrote GNE.. take note!

The red and blue circle look good on it. =D

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
citaro5284   02 Jan 2014, 2:02 pm
(02 Jan 2014, 1:34 pm)Dan wrote GNE.. take note!

wow.....approval of Michael!
Michael   02 Jan 2014, 2:04 pm
GNE have posted the results to on their site...

Sunderland North – October 2013 Consultation Results

http://www.simplygo.com/news/sunderland-...n-results/

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Pages (60)    14 5 660