Menu

Pages (100)    132 33 34100   
omnicity4659   14 May 2015, 2:04 pm
What the eff is serving-sys????
Jimmi   14 May 2015, 2:58 pm
Well getting the X35 was a mistake, stuck in terrible traffic due to temporary traffic lights.
MurdnunoC   14 May 2015, 3:07 pm
(14 May 2015, 2:58 pm)Jimmi wrote Well getting the X35 was a mistake.

Fixed.

Getting the X35 is a mistake. Any reason why is almost redundant. 
Jimmi   14 May 2015, 3:33 pm
(14 May 2015, 3:07 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Fixed.

Getting the X35 is a mistake. Any reason why is almost redundant. 
Was about 10 minutes late when it arrived in Peterlee then ended up even later due to roadworks near Blackhall? Then we got treated to a trip right round Hartlepool Marina presumably to miss out Victoria Road to make up some time, the X35 goes via Victoria Road in both directions I think? May be wrong.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   14 May 2015, 3:40 pm
(14 May 2015, 3:33 pm)Jimmi wrote Was about 10 minutes late when it arrived in Peterlee then ended up even later due to roadworks near Blackhall? Then we got treated to a trip right round Hartlepool Marina presumably to miss out Victoria Road to make up some time, the X35 goes via Victoria Road in both directions I think? May be wrong.

Aye, it spins round outside the retail parks. In via Raby Road, town centre, Marina/retail parks and reverse.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Jimmi   14 May 2015, 3:58 pm
(14 May 2015, 3:40 pm)Andreos1 wrote Aye, it spins round outside the retail parks. In via Raby Road, town centre, Marina/retail parks and reverse.
Never got the X35 to Hartlepool today so wasn't sure which way it would go.

I've used various different ways of getting into Hartlepool in the past including:
1 Middlesbrough
23 Peterlee
33/8A Newton Aycliffe/Ferryhill
36 Middlesbrough / Stockton
Even used the Pygalls 230 from Sunderland once.
Andreos1   14 May 2015, 4:02 pm
(14 May 2015, 3:58 pm)Jimmi wrote Never got the X35 to Hartlepool today so wasn't sure which way it would go.

I've used various different ways of getting into Hartlepool in the past including:
1 Middlesbrough
23 Peterlee
33/8A Newton Aycliffe/Ferryhill
36 Middlesbrough / Stockton
Even used the Pygalls 230 from Sunderland once.

There is a pretty much standard way buses passing Hartlepool Hospital go. All via Raby Road. So when you got the 23, the X35 should have gone the same way.

Kuyoyo   14 May 2015, 4:11 pm
(14 May 2015, 4:02 pm)Andreos1 wrote There is a pretty much standard way buses passing Hartlepool Hospital go. All via Raby Road. So when you got the 23, the X35 should have gone the same way.

23 goes via Kings Oswy Drive and doesn't actually serve Hartlepool Hospital
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   14 May 2015, 4:16 pm
(14 May 2015, 4:11 pm)Kuyoyo wrote 23 goes via Kings Oswy Drive and doesn't actually serve Hartlepool Hospital

And then Winterbottom Avenue (running behind the hospital?) and Raby Road...

Should have been more clearer - some run behind the hospital, some run in front of the hospital - but those passing the hospital (in front or behind), all go a pretty much standard way via Raby Road etc

S813 FVK   14 May 2015, 4:23 pm
(14 May 2015, 4:16 pm)Andreos1 wrote And then Winterbottom Avenue (running behind the hospital?) and Raby Road...

Should have been more clearer - some run behind the hospital, some run in front of the hospital - but those passing the hospital (in front or behind), all go a pretty much standard way via Raby Road etc

The 23 route around the Hospital is displayed below. There are no stops on Warren Road (left at the end of Winterbottom Avenue) and the next one after the end of Winterbottom Avenue is on Davison drive vice versa.
Attached Files
.png
23 route.png (Size 732.54 KB Downloads 19)
Michael   14 May 2015, 5:45 pm
Sometimes i don't know why i bother.....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
LeeCalder   14 May 2015, 5:55 pm
The bloody 82 and Northside Estate!!!!!!!! It took the President nearly 5 minuets to get up the bank!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   15 May 2015, 4:06 am
Well, I still feel terrible (after 12 hours sleep), and my first exam is in a matter of hours.
Jimmi   15 May 2015, 4:15 pm
Smoking in confined public areas.

Currently waiting for a taxi outside Tesco with several people having tabs surrounding me.

The smell and smoke makes me want to hurl.
Adrian   15 May 2015, 6:13 pm
(15 May 2015, 4:15 pm)Jimmi wrote Smoking in confined public areas.

Currently waiting for a taxi outside Tesco with several people having tabs surrounding me.

The smell and smoke makes me want to hurl.

It's disgusting. I've got absolutely nowt against people smoking, as long as it isn't done in a way that it gets on my lungs or in my way. I hate the constant litter of cigarette butts around doorways too. 

It's funny to think that 8 years ago people were smoking in pubs and clubs. It was lifting the way that smoke used to linger on your clothes, and it was that bad in some places it would make your eyes water. Some time before that, people were still smoking in shopping centres. I remember the Galleries being full of smokers.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Dan   15 May 2015, 6:25 pm
(15 May 2015, 6:13 pm)aureolin wrote It's disgusting. I've got absolutely nowt against people smoking, as long as it isn't done in a way that it gets on my lungs or in my way. I hate the constant litter of cigarette butts around doorways too. 

It's funny to think that 8 years ago people were smoking in pubs and clubs. It was lifting the way that smoke used to linger on your clothes, and it was that bad in some places it would make your eyes water. Some time before that, people were still smoking in shopping centres. I remember the Galleries being full of smokers.

Not that anyone tends to take any notice of the signs, but I'm glad the decision was made to even make it illegal to smoke in bus shelters. I can't stand the smell of smoke, but I don't tend to care as much about them visually.

I hate how it lingers on a smoker's clothes and they end up sitting next to you on a bus or train, so it still all ends up passing on.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
mb134   15 May 2015, 8:09 pm
(15 May 2015, 4:06 am)Dan wrote Well, I still feel terrible (after 12 hours sleep), and my first exam is in a matter of hours.

How'd it go? Smile
Adrian   15 May 2015, 8:57 pm
(15 May 2015, 6:25 pm)Dan wrote Not that anyone tends to take any notice of the signs, but I'm glad the decision was made to even make it illegal to smoke in bus shelters. I can't stand the smell of smoke, but I don't tend to care as much about them visually.

I hate how it lingers on a smoker's clothes and they end up sitting next to you on a bus or train, so it still all ends up passing on.
It's horrid. Durham bus station entrance is really bad for it.

Jimmi   15 May 2015, 9:04 pm
(15 May 2015, 8:57 pm)aureolin wrote It's horrid. Durham bus station entrance is really bad for it.
Hate that entrance because of all the people congrating around there smoking, especially annoying if the queue for the 7 stretches outside of the bus station which it sometimes can do.

It's also bad if you are waiting for a bus on stand A as you have people stood right next to the doors so on a windy day not only do you have the smoke blown in your face you also freeze to death.
Michael   16 May 2015, 8:31 am
Woke up and iv'e completely lost my voice. -.-

Better be back for Monday, i have a presentation for uni to do! 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
northern156   16 May 2015, 3:24 pm
Wish someone would open a window on this Eclipse, like a bloody greenhouse!!

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
Jimmi   16 May 2015, 3:42 pm
(16 May 2015, 3:24 pm)northern156 wrote Wish someone would open a window on this Eclipse, like a bloody greenhouse!!
I rode 3942 on the X10 one day last year and it wasn't a warm day but I ended up removing my hoodie and was still too warm so I went to open the window only find it already was.

One thing I hate about GNE Volvo B9TLs (at least from Thursday's outing) was the windows at the front upstairs and on even a moderatly windy day I was getting deafened by the noise of the wind striking the front windows. Was sat at the front of the X1 and X9 on Thursday and both were giving me a headache although not as loud as the two people sat next to me and one of them nearly fell on me as we turned to enter Heworth Interchange.
tyresmoke   16 May 2015, 4:05 pm
(16 May 2015, 3:42 pm)Jimmi wrote I rode 3942 on the X10 one day last year and it wasn't a warm day but I ended up removing my hoodie and was still too warm so I went to open the window only find it already was.

One thing I hate about GNE Volvo B9TLs (at least from Thursday's outing) was the windows at the front upstairs and on even a moderatly windy day I was getting deafened by the noise of the wind striking the front windows. Was sat at the front of the X1 and X9 on Thursday and both were giving me a headache although not as loud as the two people sat next to me and one of them nearly fell on me as we turned to enter Heworth Interchange.

Yes that's one thing that really grates on me about the B9s which are, all round, an excellent bus for the job they're made to do. I'm guessing it's to do with the vents rather than the window itself, but it's certainly annoying!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

omnicity4659   16 May 2015, 6:37 pm
Some anus threw a pebble at me from a moving car.

Something always goes wrong when I walk into Ashington.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Davie   16 May 2015, 9:38 pm
Me, Lee and my friends Anthony & Kailey were denied access to Newcastle Central Station to photograph a class 47 on a rail tour this evening
Adrian   16 May 2015, 9:47 pm
(16 May 2015, 9:38 pm)Davie wrote Me, Lee and my friends Anthony & Kailey were denied access to Newcastle Central Station to photograph a class 47  on a rail tour this evening

Why? Did you all have a ticket?

Davie   16 May 2015, 9:49 pm
(16 May 2015, 9:47 pm)aureolin wrote Why? Did you all have a ticket?

We went to sign in, so we could get a platform ticket which means you have access to all platforms without a ticket 
Adrian   16 May 2015, 9:52 pm
(16 May 2015, 9:49 pm)Davie wrote We went to sign in, so we could get a platform ticket which means you have access to all platforms without a ticket 

Strange. What was the reason they wouldn't issue one?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Davie   16 May 2015, 9:54 pm
(16 May 2015, 9:52 pm)aureolin wrote Strange. What was the reason they wouldn't issue one?

Apparently it's private property but we've never had any trouble before and there were other enthusiasts which had signed in
MurdnunoC   16 May 2015, 9:57 pm
(16 May 2015, 9:54 pm)Davie wrote Apparently it's private property but we've never had any trouble before and there were other enthusiasts which had signed in

How many people have you usually went with in the past?
Pages (100)    132 33 34100