Menu

Pages (48)    1 2 3 448   
LeeCalder   04 Jun 2015, 8:24 pm
(04 Jun 2015, 3:06 pm)Tom wrote No idea, but I can't remember them playing each other last year.

We played Newcastle last year and won 2-0. First team this season also.
MrFozz   04 Jun 2015, 8:24 pm
(04 Jun 2015, 8:22 pm)Andreos1 wrote Mind, when he resigned, Sunderland fans found Dick hard to swallow.

Hopefully he will rise to the occasion!
He needs to work on scoring goals

He needs to learn them the art of penetration in a variety of boxes
MurdnunoC   04 Jun 2015, 8:26 pm
So it looks as though big Dick's an Advocaat for Sunderland once again.

Or should it read that Sunderland's an Advocaat for big Dick?

I'll get my coat!
MurdnunoC   04 Jun 2015, 8:31 pm
Imagine if Joe Kinnear was Sunderland's Director of Football. I wonder how long it would take him to mispronounce Big Dick's name as Dick Avocado?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
LeeCalder   05 Jun 2015, 4:48 pm
Malcolm Crosby has been named as the new Gateshead manager. Much to everyone's surprise.
MrFozz   05 Jun 2015, 4:54 pm
(05 Jun 2015, 4:48 pm)LeeCalder wrote Malcolm Crosby has been named as the new Gateshead manager. Much to everyone's surprise.
Don't think the Bookies were that surprised, he has been one of the favourites for a while after Colin Cooper...
MrFozz   05 Jun 2015, 4:56 pm
(04 Jun 2015, 8:31 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Imagine if Joe Kinnear was Sunderland's Director of Football. I wonder how long it would take him to mispronounce Big Dick's name as Dick Avocado?

My old man called him Dick Avocado from the moment he came, he is not the best when it comes to Names Big Grin
MurdnunoC   05 Jun 2015, 5:03 pm
(05 Jun 2015, 4:56 pm)MrFozz wrote My old man called him Dick Avocado from the moment he came, he is not the best when it comes to Names Big Grin

Tempted to call him Dick Avocado but there are far too many puns I would Advocaat first.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   05 Jun 2015, 5:07 pm
(05 Jun 2015, 4:48 pm)LeeCalder wrote Malcolm Crosby has been named as the new Gateshead manager. Much to everyone's surprise.

The mind boggles...

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
MrFozz   05 Jun 2015, 5:28 pm
Sunderland fans raise money to get flowers for Mrs Advocaat

Mrs Advocaat Flowers Fund

Brilliant Big Grin

They hoped to raise 150 quid and it is now over £2k

Anything over 150 quid will be given to Charity, split between the SAFC Foundation and a Charity of Mrs Advocaats choice
LeeCalder   05 Jun 2015, 8:23 pm
BREAKING - Gateshead's Michael Rankine will joining Altrincham
MrFozz   06 Jun 2015, 11:18 am
(05 Jun 2015, 5:28 pm)MrFozz wrote Sunderland fans raise money to get flowers for Mrs Advocaat

Mrs Advocaat Flowers Fund

Brilliant Big Grin

They hoped to raise 150 quid and it is now over £2k

Anything over 150 quid will be given to Charity, split between the SAFC Foundation and a Charity of Mrs Advocaats choice
It seems as if Mrs Advocaat is becoming as well loved as her husband
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Davie   08 Jun 2015, 12:43 pm
Liverpool have signed Burnley striker Danny Ings to follow up their signing of Manchester City midfielder, James Milner, both on free transfers http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33046003
MrFozz   08 Jun 2015, 3:43 pm
Few things I have picked-up on in the last 7-8 weeks

1. Is Newcastle United sponsorshp deal under threat after Wonga losses

Anyone know what went on there...Was it ever sorted

Newcastle United left red-faced after launching kit with old Wonga logo

How a mistake like that can be done, I do not know, someone is as thick as pig shit to screw that up

2. Premier League will be dropping it's current sponsor and go without sponsorship from the 2016-17 season

They apparantly want to project a clean image without a sponsor, following American Sports League who also don't sell naming rights to the s there

3. Premier League TV deal takes pressure off clubs shirt sponsorship

Just goes to show how rich the Premier League is, especially if they can afford to drop sponsorship...Not quite sure what my opinion is about this
MrFozz   08 Jun 2015, 4:16 pm
(08 Jun 2015, 12:43 pm)Davie wrote Liverpool have signed Burnley striker Danny Ings to follow up their signing of Manchester City midfielder, James Milner, both on free transfers http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33046003

Interesting, don't know much about Danny Ings to be honest...All I do know is him and Harry Kane help me take over the world on Football Manager and become my upfront pair for more nearly 20 years,  Big Grin

Hope his move to Liverpool does not turn out to be an anti-climax and flop, as Andy Carroll did when he left Newcastle
Andreos1   08 Jun 2015, 5:10 pm
It's not quite the 2015/16 season, but a quick look down memory lane.
It seems like yesterday.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33025121

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   08 Jun 2015, 5:15 pm
(08 Jun 2015, 5:10 pm)Andreos1 wrote It's not quite the 2015/16 season, but a quick look down memory lane.
It seems like yesterday.

You've got to hold and give, but do it at the right time...

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
MrFozz   08 Jun 2015, 7:39 pm
(08 Jun 2015, 5:10 pm)Andreos1 wrote It's not quite the 2015/16 season, but a quick look down memory lane.
It seems like yesterday.

Gazza was the main reason I became really interested in football...I had seen Murton and Sunderland play a few times since 1988, but Italia 90 was my first big exposure to the game...I remember Sunderland getting promoted in 1990 and one of the first home game of the 90/91 was Tottenham...As it was August and not a school night my granddad took me after I badgered him into taking me, I only went to see Gazza and Gary Lineker Big Grin

Gazza was my idol, what that guy could not do with a football was probably not worth knowing and in my opinion was the most naturally gifted British Born Footballer since the likes of George Best...When he got booked and cried, I think I cried with him, in fact I think millions probably cried with him. I always said that night in Turin was the night that changed his life and he never really got over it, as we would see over the next 25 years.

I still get goosebumps when I see highlights of the 1990 World Cup and will never forget that free kick he scored at Wembley in the FA Cup semi final...Of course that goal Wembley in 1996 is still one of the best goals ever scored there, he made Colin Hendry look like a complete tit...
Davie   09 Jun 2015, 12:28 pm
West Ham United have appointed Slaven Billic as their new manager
MrFozz   09 Jun 2015, 12:36 pm
(09 Jun 2015, 12:28 pm)Davie wrote West Ham United have appointed Slaven Billic as their new manager
Think he was nailed on for the Wet Sham job...was popular there as a player
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   09 Jun 2015, 12:41 pm
(08 Jun 2015, 5:15 pm)aureolin wrote You've got to hold and give, but do it at the right time...
https://youtu.be/Re4aDJL3heA

Just incase people think you have gone mad!

(08 Jun 2015, 7:39 pm)MrFozz wrote Gazza was the main reason I became really interested in football...I had seen Murton and Sunderland play a few times since 1988, but Italia 90 was my first big exposure to the game...I remember Sunderland getting promoted in 1990 and one of the first home game of the 90/91 was Tottenham...As it was August and not a school night my granddad took me after I badgered him into taking me, I only went to see Gazza and Gary Lineker Big Grin

Gazza was my idol, what that guy could not do with a football was probably not worth knowing and in my opinion was the most naturally gifted British Born Footballer since the likes of George Best...When he got booked and cried, I think I cried with him, in fact I think millions probably cried with him. I always said that night in Turin was the night that changed his life and he never really got over it, as we would see over the next 25 years.

I still get goosebumps when I see highlights of the 1990 World Cup and will never forget that free kick he scored at Wembley in the FA Cup semi final...Of course that goal Wembley in 1996 is still one of the best goals ever scored there, he made Colin Hendry look like a complete tit...

#fozzestales

They need a thread of their own! Wink

Murton and Sunderland back then, weren't too many divisions apart in 88! Big Grin
The World Cup would have been a massive step up!

MrFozz   09 Jun 2015, 12:51 pm
(09 Jun 2015, 12:41 pm)Andreos1 wrote https://youtu.be/Re4aDJL3heA

Just incase people think you have gone mad!

#fozzestales

They need a thread of their own! Wink

Murton and Sunderland back then, weren't too many divisions apart in 88! Big Grin
The World Cup would have been a massive step up!

The first time I saw Murton they were on there way to promotion to the Northern League 1st Division, Gretna were still an insignificant non-noteworthy team then who Murton pushed when Gretna won the Northern League Big Grin, as for Sunderland the first time I took notice of them, they were nowhere near close, Northern League didn't join the pyramid till 1991 [emoji14]

1990 was a great year for football, certainly on Wearside, Sunderland got promoted, Newcastle were less than happy about it, for those who were around in 1990 will know what I mean and the greatest England team since 1966 got together, we would have won the World Cup if it was not for bastard penalties Big Grin
Andreos1   09 Jun 2015, 12:53 pm
(09 Jun 2015, 12:51 pm)MrFozz wrote The first time I saw Murton they were on there way to promotion to the Northern League 1st Division, Gretna were still an insignificant non-noteworthy team then who Murton pushed when Gretna won the Northern League Big Grin, as for Sunderland the first time I took notice of them, they were nowhere near close, Northern League didn't join the pyramid till 1991 [emoji14]

1990 was a great year for football, certainly on Wearside, Sunderland got promoted, Newcastle were less than happy about it, for those who were around in 1990 will know what I mean and the greatest England team since 1966 got together, we would have won the World Cup if it was not for bastard penalties Big Grin

Sunderland would have been a third division team in 88 (or there abouts).
Not too many levels away Wink

I still remember Hardyman laying into Burridge and it looked like Newcastle were the only ones to keep their heads.
How things changed later in the week!

MrFozz   09 Jun 2015, 12:55 pm
(09 Jun 2015, 12:53 pm)Andreos1 wrote Sunderland would have been a third division team in 88 (or there abouts).
Not too many levels away Wink
I started taking an interest the season after they won the 3rd Division...Again I say, Northern League was not a part of the Pyramid, so technically were not in the same league system as each other till 1991 Wink
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   09 Jun 2015, 2:08 pm
(09 Jun 2015, 12:55 pm)MrFozz wrote I started taking an interest the season after they won the 3rd Division...Again I say, Northern League was not a part of the Pyramid, so technically were not in the same league system as each other till 1991 Wink

You are right, technically they weren't in the same system - but the equivalent divisions (who did join the system) were feeders to the conference.
I think we would both agree about the standard of play in the 3rd Division, being pretty close to whatever level the Northern League is or was at, at the same time.

Michael   09 Jun 2015, 2:10 pm
Reading on facebook that John Carver has being sacked by Newcastle United... can't find any info on it!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Andreos1   09 Jun 2015, 2:13 pm
(09 Jun 2015, 2:10 pm)Michael wrote Reading on facebook that John Carver has being sacked by Newcastle United... can't find any info on it!

http://www.nufc.com/

Stone has gone too

Michael   09 Jun 2015, 2:19 pm
(09 Jun 2015, 2:13 pm)Andreos1 wrote http://www.nufc.com/

Stone has gone too

Ah right, nothing is on the official NUFC site.. Tongue 

Seems its Steve Mcclaren who's going to become manager 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   09 Jun 2015, 2:24 pm
(09 Jun 2015, 2:19 pm)Michael wrote Ah right, nothing is on the official NUFC site.. Tongue 

Seems its Steve Mcclaren who's going to become manager 

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-06-09/newca...eve-stone/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footbal...nited.html
All over twitter too.

Aye, he will probably want his own backroom team.

I wonder if Mike Ashley asked John Carver to pass the phone to Steve Stone, when telephoning the news?

MrFozz   09 Jun 2015, 2:43 pm
(09 Jun 2015, 2:08 pm)Andreos1 wrote You are right, technically they weren't in the same system - but the equivalent divisions (who did join the system) were feeders to the conference.
I think we would both agree about the standard of play in the 3rd Division, being pretty close to whatever level the Northern League is or was at, at the same time.

Gonna be a pain in the arse [emoji14] Yes and No, at the time the Northern League was supposed to be a feeder to the Conference, by the late 80's, despite being a good league ended up being underneath the Northern Premier League in terms of infrastructure, The Northern League equivalent at that time was(and still is today) the Northern Counties East League, when Whitley Bay, North Shields and Spennymoor United defected this is where they ended up going to escape the Northern League...Ultimately all those teams would end up back in the Northern League...

As for quality, I have always thought the 3rd/2nd Division/League 1 has always been quite a strong League, moreso in recent years, Swansea, Cardiff, Bournemouth, Charlton, Wolves, Southampton, Leeds, Leicester, Forest, Norwich Sheff Wed and Sheff United recently, Sunderland, Boro, Villa in the 80's, Manchester City in the 90's, Hartlepool were a decent side up there when Hodcroft and IOR bankrolled them
(09 Jun 2015, 2:10 pm)Michael wrote Reading on facebook that John Carver has being sacked by Newcastle United... can't find any info on it!
Should have been sacked the day he claimed to be the best in the Premier League

(09 Jun 2015, 2:24 pm)Andreos1 wrote http://www.itv.com/news/2015-06-09/newca...eve-stone/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footbal...nited.html
All over twitter too.

Aye, he will probably want his own backroom team.

Wonder if he tries out his best geordie impression when he is unveiled Big Grin
Pages (48)    1 2 3 448