Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V3

What's annoying you today? V3

What's annoying you today? V3

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150): Previous 178 79 80150 Next
Dan
Site Administrator
25 Jun 2015, 6:35 am
Not keen on MPDs myself - you feel every bump on the road, they rattle like hell, and there's a distinct lack of legroom. At least the SPDs used to be quite warm to make up for the aforementioned factors - and you couldn't feel as many bumps on those.

Not feeling 100% today. Perhaps a lack of scran catching up on me - haven't had an appetite at all recently.
Dan
25 Jun 2015, 6:35 am #1561

Not keen on MPDs myself - you feel every bump on the road, they rattle like hell, and there's a distinct lack of legroom. At least the SPDs used to be quite warm to make up for the aforementioned factors - and you couldn't feel as many bumps on those.

Not feeling 100% today. Perhaps a lack of scran catching up on me - haven't had an appetite at all recently.

25 Jun 2015, 6:47 am
(25 Jun 2015, 6:35 am)Dan Not keen on MPDs myself - you feel every bump on the road, they rattle like hell, and there's a distinct lack of legroom. At least the SPDs used to be quite warm to make up for the aforementioned factors - and you couldn't feel as many bumps on those.

MPD's over speed humps are horrendous, ended up with Arriva's 1799 on the 5 to Bishop Auckland one day and it went over the big humps on Shildon Main Street and it wasn't pleasant at all, made worse by the fact I was sat on the seat over the back wheels and because it was a small bus it was rather busy which didn't help.

I don't mind MPD's too much but the thing that usually gets me is when they are stationary they idle like hell, some of Leven Valley's examples were terrible for this. I used to love the old Arriva examples though.
Jimmi
25 Jun 2015, 6:47 am #1562

(25 Jun 2015, 6:35 am)Dan Not keen on MPDs myself - you feel every bump on the road, they rattle like hell, and there's a distinct lack of legroom. At least the SPDs used to be quite warm to make up for the aforementioned factors - and you couldn't feel as many bumps on those.

MPD's over speed humps are horrendous, ended up with Arriva's 1799 on the 5 to Bishop Auckland one day and it went over the big humps on Shildon Main Street and it wasn't pleasant at all, made worse by the fact I was sat on the seat over the back wheels and because it was a small bus it was rather busy which didn't help.

I don't mind MPD's too much but the thing that usually gets me is when they are stationary they idle like hell, some of Leven Valley's examples were terrible for this. I used to love the old Arriva examples though.

Diamond One
Banned
25 Jun 2015, 9:45 am
Bloody metros delayed due to a train failed at Heworth thank god the system is working now
Diamond One
25 Jun 2015, 9:45 am #1563

Bloody metros delayed due to a train failed at Heworth thank god the system is working now

25 Jun 2015, 3:56 pm
PAT calbraition! Say no more!
idiot
25 Jun 2015, 3:56 pm #1564

PAT calbraition! Say no more!

25 Jun 2015, 6:19 pm
I've seen that god damn panda 3 times already!

FLICKR!!!!!!!!!!!!
omnicity4659
25 Jun 2015, 6:19 pm #1565

I've seen that god damn panda 3 times already!

FLICKR!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 Jun 2015, 3:32 pm
Some swearing enthusiast pushed into the queue for the number 1 earlier. I was rather pissed off about it when I had been waiting ten minutes for the bus and he was there a minute before the bus. Angry
omnicity4659
26 Jun 2015, 3:32 pm #1566

Some swearing enthusiast pushed into the queue for the number 1 earlier. I was rather pissed off about it when I had been waiting ten minutes for the bus and he was there a minute before the bus. Angry

26 Jun 2015, 4:55 pm
I have spent nearly two hours sorting some of the Carlisle photos to upload to Flickr and it took so long because I made some mistakes and I was about to upload when the window stopped working and had to close...

SHOUTING, SCREAMING AND SWEARING GALORE!!!

Yes I lost all the progress I made over two hours. I am so angry as I have spent so long sorting this out and I don't think I can being myself to upload the photos again.
Jimmi
26 Jun 2015, 4:55 pm #1567

I have spent nearly two hours sorting some of the Carlisle photos to upload to Flickr and it took so long because I made some mistakes and I was about to upload when the window stopped working and had to close...

SHOUTING, SCREAMING AND SWEARING GALORE!!!

Yes I lost all the progress I made over two hours. I am so angry as I have spent so long sorting this out and I don't think I can being myself to upload the photos again.

26 Jun 2015, 5:30 pm
Earlier, me, Steven Hodgson, Baz and Gary Devlin were at Eldon Square. We seen a Waggonway on the X21 so ran down to the layover bay too get a photo of it. Then, some random American security guard bloke went "Hey man you can't take no photos of buses here. You need to ask someone to take they're photo".

Anyway, this so called security bloke who by the way was wearing just a plain yellow hi-vis got his walky-talkey out and started talking about us.... No one replied.

Gary proceeded to take a photo and the bloke goes "Hey man don't take no photo" to which Gary responded in an American accent "Hey man I'm taking a f*****g photo"

The man threatened to tell Nexus and never returned...
LeeCalder
26 Jun 2015, 5:30 pm #1568

Earlier, me, Steven Hodgson, Baz and Gary Devlin were at Eldon Square. We seen a Waggonway on the X21 so ran down to the layover bay too get a photo of it. Then, some random American security guard bloke went "Hey man you can't take no photos of buses here. You need to ask someone to take they're photo".

Anyway, this so called security bloke who by the way was wearing just a plain yellow hi-vis got his walky-talkey out and started talking about us.... No one replied.

Gary proceeded to take a photo and the bloke goes "Hey man don't take no photo" to which Gary responded in an American accent "Hey man I'm taking a f*****g photo"

26 Jun 2015, 5:41 pm
People deciding to take photos on Nexus land and then complaining because a Nexus staff member has confronted them about it! We all know the rules by now from previous incidents.
S813 FVK
26 Jun 2015, 5:41 pm #1569

People deciding to take photos on Nexus land and then complaining because a Nexus staff member has confronted them about it! We all know the rules by now from previous incidents.

26 Jun 2015, 5:46 pm
(26 Jun 2015, 5:41 pm)S813 FVK People deciding to take photos on Nexus land and then complaining because a Nexus staff member has confronted them about it! We all know the rules by now from previous incidents.

My point is he was not a nexus staff member, and at the end of the day, we were not on Nexus land as loads of people take photos where we were. We were on the other side of the road. Which is not nexus land.

Therefore your point is invalid.
LeeCalder
26 Jun 2015, 5:46 pm #1570

(26 Jun 2015, 5:41 pm)S813 FVK People deciding to take photos on Nexus land and then complaining because a Nexus staff member has confronted them about it! We all know the rules by now from previous incidents.

My point is he was not a nexus staff member, and at the end of the day, we were not on Nexus land as loads of people take photos where we were. We were on the other side of the road. Which is not nexus land.

26 Jun 2015, 5:57 pm
(26 Jun 2015, 5:46 pm)LeeCalder My point is he was not a nexus staff member, and at the end of the day, we were not on Nexus land as loads of people take photos where we were. We were on the other side of the road. Which is not nexus land.

And if you were in that position, you were not at the layover bay at all as it would have been in the bus station itself so that part of your point is invalid and can go straight out of the window too. Any proof that he wasn't a member of Nexus? Just because his hi-vis wasn't the traditional colour it doesn't mean that he has no relationship with the organisation (and if not, another organisation other than nexus).
S813 FVK
26 Jun 2015, 5:57 pm #1571

(26 Jun 2015, 5:46 pm)LeeCalder My point is he was not a nexus staff member, and at the end of the day, we were not on Nexus land as loads of people take photos where we were. We were on the other side of the road. Which is not nexus land.

And if you were in that position, you were not at the layover bay at all as it would have been in the bus station itself so that part of your point is invalid and can go straight out of the window too. Any proof that he wasn't a member of Nexus? Just because his hi-vis wasn't the traditional colour it doesn't mean that he has no relationship with the organisation (and if not, another organisation other than nexus).

26 Jun 2015, 6:25 pm
(26 Jun 2015, 5:57 pm)S813 FVK And if you were in that position, you were not at the layover bay at all as it would have been in the bus station itself so that part of your point is invalid and can go straight out of the window too. Any proof that he wasn't a member of Nexus? Just because his hi-vis wasn't the traditional colour it doesn't mean that he has no relationship with the organisation (and if not, another organisation other than nexus).

Could of been an Intu Security Guard, or someone who works for Intu in another capacity in Eldon Square, either way any of there members of staff can tell you to stop taking photos on there privately owned property.

I got told off the other day at The Galleries for taking photos at the Bus Stops for Sainsburys/Inshops or whatever it is called now by one of the Security Guards for the Shopping Centre, safe to say this whole where and where you can and cannot take photos is getting out of hand these days.
Malarkey
26 Jun 2015, 6:25 pm #1572

(26 Jun 2015, 5:57 pm)S813 FVK And if you were in that position, you were not at the layover bay at all as it would have been in the bus station itself so that part of your point is invalid and can go straight out of the window too. Any proof that he wasn't a member of Nexus? Just because his hi-vis wasn't the traditional colour it doesn't mean that he has no relationship with the organisation (and if not, another organisation other than nexus).

Could of been an Intu Security Guard, or someone who works for Intu in another capacity in Eldon Square, either way any of there members of staff can tell you to stop taking photos on there privately owned property.

I got told off the other day at The Galleries for taking photos at the Bus Stops for Sainsburys/Inshops or whatever it is called now by one of the Security Guards for the Shopping Centre, safe to say this whole where and where you can and cannot take photos is getting out of hand these days.

26 Jun 2015, 6:28 pm

I'm getting bored of loads of photos of buses at Eldon Square and Haymarket. The odd photo now and then is fine.

Eldon Square and Haymarket have been done to death now, I'm considering to unfollow anyone who publishes any more than 5 photos from them god-damn bus stations. It's boring and its offputting.
omnicity4659
26 Jun 2015, 6:28 pm #1573

I'm getting bored of loads of photos of buses at Eldon Square and Haymarket. The odd photo now and then is fine.

Eldon Square and Haymarket have been done to death now, I'm considering to unfollow anyone who publishes any more than 5 photos from them god-damn bus stations. It's boring and its offputting.

26 Jun 2015, 6:47 pm
(26 Jun 2015, 6:28 pm)Tommy_1581 I'm getting bored of loads of photos of buses at Eldon Square and Haymarket. The odd photo now and then is fine.

It does get rather tiresome seeing loads of photos from the same places all the time especially bus stations.

I can sort of see why some do take a large amount of photos at Eldon Square and Haymarket as it increases your chances of seeing odd workings or anything new such as repainted Quaylink Versa's so that's probably why some do regularly go there.

We all have our local spots although because where I live isn't usually that exciting for bus action I have to go further afield for places to get photos but I am pretty central so I could easily go to Bishop, Darlington, Durham or Peterlee from where I live. To Some Newcastle is their local stomping ground but I don't see what is stopping people who regularly go to Newcastle getting photos in slightly different places in Newcastle City Centre, it's not like there is a shortage in spots for photos and I don't think it is even a case of not knowing where they are going as most know their way round Newcastle. I do feel a bit more effort should be made by some.
Jimmi
26 Jun 2015, 6:47 pm #1574

(26 Jun 2015, 6:28 pm)Tommy_1581 I'm getting bored of loads of photos of buses at Eldon Square and Haymarket. The odd photo now and then is fine.

It does get rather tiresome seeing loads of photos from the same places all the time especially bus stations.

I can sort of see why some do take a large amount of photos at Eldon Square and Haymarket as it increases your chances of seeing odd workings or anything new such as repainted Quaylink Versa's so that's probably why some do regularly go there.

We all have our local spots although because where I live isn't usually that exciting for bus action I have to go further afield for places to get photos but I am pretty central so I could easily go to Bishop, Darlington, Durham or Peterlee from where I live. To Some Newcastle is their local stomping ground but I don't see what is stopping people who regularly go to Newcastle getting photos in slightly different places in Newcastle City Centre, it's not like there is a shortage in spots for photos and I don't think it is even a case of not knowing where they are going as most know their way round Newcastle. I do feel a bit more effort should be made by some.

26 Jun 2015, 7:47 pm

We were opposite the lay-over bay.

He was just walking around up and down and then he dissapeared into Eldon Square. I later seen him walking around in Marks and Spencers.
LeeCalder
26 Jun 2015, 7:47 pm #1575

We were opposite the lay-over bay.

He was just walking around up and down and then he dissapeared into Eldon Square. I later seen him walking around in Marks and Spencers.

26 Jun 2015, 7:48 pm

At the end of the day Tommy I will take my photos where I want to. I enjoy taking photos at Eldon Square, therefore I will continue to do so.
LeeCalder
26 Jun 2015, 7:48 pm #1576

At the end of the day Tommy I will take my photos where I want to. I enjoy taking photos at Eldon Square, therefore I will continue to do so.

26 Jun 2015, 7:51 pm
(26 Jun 2015, 6:47 pm)Jimmi To Some Newcastle is their local stomping ground but I don't see what is stopping people who regularly go to Newcastle getting photos in slightly different places in Newcastle City Centre, it's not like there is a shortage in spots for photos and I don't think it is even a case of not knowing where they are going as most know their way round Newcastle. I do feel a bit more effort should be made by some.

For me, I don't just go to Newcastle.. I go too many places, Beamish, Consett, Stanley, Hexham (Where I went today), Corbridge, Berwick, Chester-Le-Street, York, Carlisle.

But, what you have to remember is not everyone can go as far as you may imagine. I tend to stay close to home when ever I can as I am looking after my Grandad who is recovering from Cancer.
LeeCalder
26 Jun 2015, 7:51 pm #1577

(26 Jun 2015, 6:47 pm)Jimmi To Some Newcastle is their local stomping ground but I don't see what is stopping people who regularly go to Newcastle getting photos in slightly different places in Newcastle City Centre, it's not like there is a shortage in spots for photos and I don't think it is even a case of not knowing where they are going as most know their way round Newcastle. I do feel a bit more effort should be made by some.

For me, I don't just go to Newcastle.. I go too many places, Beamish, Consett, Stanley, Hexham (Where I went today), Corbridge, Berwick, Chester-Le-Street, York, Carlisle.

But, what you have to remember is not everyone can go as far as you may imagine. I tend to stay close to home when ever I can as I am looking after my Grandad who is recovering from Cancer.

26 Jun 2015, 8:06 pm
Really Really Really not looking forward to having to be up at 5am on a Saturday Morning, Out the house by no later than 06:20am to be in Newcastle by no later than 07:30am to start work at 8am at Newcastle Racecourse, and then proceed to do a 12 Hour Shift before returning home and going straight to sleep as I will likely be absolutely knackered.
Malarkey
26 Jun 2015, 8:06 pm #1578

Really Really Really not looking forward to having to be up at 5am on a Saturday Morning, Out the house by no later than 06:20am to be in Newcastle by no later than 07:30am to start work at 8am at Newcastle Racecourse, and then proceed to do a 12 Hour Shift before returning home and going straight to sleep as I will likely be absolutely knackered.

Diamond One
Banned
26 Jun 2015, 8:09 pm
(26 Jun 2015, 5:30 pm)LeeCalder Earlier, me, Steven Hodgson, Baz and Gary Devlin were at Eldon Square. We seen a Waggonway on the X21 so ran down to the layover bay too get a photo of it. Then, some random American security guard bloke went "Hey man you can't take no photos of buses here. You need to ask someone to take they're photo".

that american bloke was one heck of an idiot i ignored the prick Nexus wouldn't touch us from there as we were all off property if i see that idiot again i have an idea if he says stop taking photos we should take photos of him and see how he likes it i loved garys reaction i couldnt put it better my self
Diamond One
26 Jun 2015, 8:09 pm #1579

(26 Jun 2015, 5:30 pm)LeeCalder Earlier, me, Steven Hodgson, Baz and Gary Devlin were at Eldon Square. We seen a Waggonway on the X21 so ran down to the layover bay too get a photo of it. Then, some random American security guard bloke went "Hey man you can't take no photos of buses here. You need to ask someone to take they're photo".

that american bloke was one heck of an idiot i ignored the prick Nexus wouldn't touch us from there as we were all off property if i see that idiot again i have an idea if he says stop taking photos we should take photos of him and see how he likes it i loved garys reaction i couldnt put it better my self

Diamond One
Banned
26 Jun 2015, 8:10 pm
(26 Jun 2015, 8:06 pm)Malarkey Really Really Really not looking forward to having to be up at 5am on a Saturday Morning, Out the house by no later than 06:20am to be in Newcastle by no later than 07:30am to start work at 8am at Newcastle Racecourse, and then proceed to do a 12 Hour Shift before returning home and going straight to sleep as I will likely be absolutely knackered.

there would be neigh luck there and neigh look at tesco either
Diamond One
26 Jun 2015, 8:10 pm #1580

(26 Jun 2015, 8:06 pm)Malarkey Really Really Really not looking forward to having to be up at 5am on a Saturday Morning, Out the house by no later than 06:20am to be in Newcastle by no later than 07:30am to start work at 8am at Newcastle Racecourse, and then proceed to do a 12 Hour Shift before returning home and going straight to sleep as I will likely be absolutely knackered.

there would be neigh luck there and neigh look at tesco either

Pages (150): Previous 178 79 80150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibly Related Threads…
Replies 3815
Views 1746486
14 May 2024, 1:23 pm
Last Post by Rob44
Replies 2686
Views 1585082
12 Mar 2015, 6:55 pm
Last Post by Adrian