Menu

Pages (100)    173 74 75100   
Charles41   12 Aug 2015, 11:22 am
Who do they work for and have you discussed your concerns with your local authority?

Charles
omnicity4659   12 Aug 2015, 11:27 am
(12 Aug 2015, 11:22 am)Charles41 wrote Who do they work for and have you discussed your concerns with your local authority?

Charles

A certain Autism Society, based in a place near the Wear and also run a massive school near Darlington, which also ran a school which I attended, which went well.  Rolleyes 

The local authority know about what's going on, as the respite workers have to call them before the police. I usually go funny when the social worker comes, I can swear she'll mention that she saw me on the 34 the other week.
Charles41   12 Aug 2015, 11:32 am
(12 Aug 2015, 11:27 am)GX03 SVC wrote A certain Autism Society, based in a place near the Wear and also run a massive school near Darlington, which also ran a school which I attended, which went well.  Rolleyes 

The local authority know about what's going on, as the respite workers have to call them before the police. I usually go funny when the social worker comes, I can swear she'll mention that she saw me on the 34 the other week.

I think I know the organisation you mean. Have they recently purchased a farm near Burnhope, County Durham which they are renovating? If so they are a registered charity, so you could try contacting the Charity Commission with your concerns.

Charles
BusLoverMum   12 Aug 2015, 3:28 pm
(12 Aug 2015, 11:27 am)GX03 SVC wrote A certain Autism Society, based in a place near the Wear and also run a massive school near Darlington, which also ran a school which I attended, which went well.  Rolleyes 

These are the people you need
http://www.cqc.org.uk/
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   12 Aug 2015, 3:34 pm
(12 Aug 2015, 11:32 am)Charles41 wrote I think I know the organisation you mean. Have they recently purchased a farm near Burnhope, County Durham which they are renovating? If so they are a registered charity, so you could try contacting the Charity Commission with your concerns.

Charles

And if it's them, I'll be asking some extra hard questions when I'm school hunting for littl'un, next year (wish he could stay at lovely local primary forever!) Dodgy
Michael   12 Aug 2015, 4:05 pm
Traveline is shit, trying to figure out what time bus i need to get to Newcastle college on a Morning - just not happening - changed all the settings etc i need.

Although we don't have a time we start... i got this from the UCAS site........ 23rd September 00:15......... haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jimmi   12 Aug 2015, 4:22 pm
I think we can guess what website is annoying me right now! Dodgy

Spent the last 15 minutes hitting retry.
omnicity4659   12 Aug 2015, 4:22 pm
(12 Aug 2015, 4:05 pm)Michael wrote Traveline is shit

Agreed. Never have I known it to be so hard to find North Seaton Colliery.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   12 Aug 2015, 4:32 pm
(12 Aug 2015, 4:22 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Agreed. Never have I known it to be so hard to find North Seaton Colliery.

Now i found out i had the wrong building for Newcastle college.... NOW i can't find the postcode for the correct one!

KILL ME NOW

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
omnicity4659   12 Aug 2015, 4:40 pm
(12 Aug 2015, 4:32 pm)Michael wrote KILL ME NOW

Ill let someone else do that.  Wink

Why don't you spend about £100/minute by calling them...  Big Grin
BusLoverMum   12 Aug 2015, 5:41 pm
PAH. Taking the scenic route around Durham to avoid the roadworks, only to get stuck in roadworks. Lots of trees and nice houses to look at, I suppose.
Rapidsnap   12 Aug 2015, 8:56 pm
It's the school holidays, which usually means one thing......

[Image: 59576180.jpg]

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   12 Aug 2015, 9:30 pm
(12 Aug 2015, 8:56 pm)GMitchelhill wrote It's the school holidays, which usually means one thing......

[Image: 59576180.jpg]
Big Grin

Yep - Potters Bank was down to a single lane with light letting about 2 cars through at a time.

We ran into a cycle race on the A181 on the way home, but thankfully timed it right missed them all. Just saw some expectant race officials on the "new" roundabout.
Davie   14 Aug 2015, 12:06 pm
The internet connection
BusLoverMum   14 Aug 2015, 12:39 pm
(14 Aug 2015, 12:06 pm)Davie wrote The internet keeps going off!

We're all fully charged in case the power goes off.
MurdnunoC   14 Aug 2015, 12:40 pm
I keep my internet in the freezer. That way it stays fresh and never goes off!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   14 Aug 2015, 12:41 pm
(14 Aug 2015, 12:06 pm)Davie wrote The internet keeps going off!
Do you mean your connection to the Internet is having problems?

The likelihood of the Internet 'going off' is little to none.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
omnicity4659   14 Aug 2015, 1:11 pm
(14 Aug 2015, 12:40 pm)MurdnunoC wrote I keep my internet in the freezer. That way it stays fresh and never goes off!

Three recommends to use the Internet before the 'sell by' date. I use mine up well before that date.  Wink
tyresmoke   14 Aug 2015, 1:15 pm
Being tired... Not cut out for getting up at half 3 any more!... Early Sapphires

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

MurdnunoC   14 Aug 2015, 1:37 pm
(14 Aug 2015, 1:11 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Three recommends to use the Internet before the 'sell by' date. I use mine up well before that date.  Wink

The 'sell by' date is fine; it's the 'use by' date you wan't to keep an eye on!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MurdnunoC   14 Aug 2015, 9:39 pm
The drunken crack on the bus home.
Adam   14 Aug 2015, 10:16 pm
(14 Aug 2015, 9:39 pm)MurdnunoC wrote The drunken crack on the bus home.

you'd hate it on the nightbus then (talking from plenty of experience Wink )
Andreos1   14 Aug 2015, 10:34 pm
(14 Aug 2015, 9:39 pm)MurdnunoC wrote The drunken crack on the bus home.

It's great man.

Old men and women are the best.
Cocksure ar*eholes forgetting the foldy seats, fold up - well that's just hilarious. The bit they smack off the floor...

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
BusLoverMum   14 Aug 2015, 10:38 pm
(14 Aug 2015, 10:16 pm)Adam wrote you'd hate it on the nightbus then (talking from plenty of experience Wink )

It's not the craic that's the problem on those!

And referring to message upthread, my own net connection went a bit rancid, earlier. Ended up restarting the router. Had no mobile data signal to stop me twitching in the meantime.Data is on three, which is a bit crap at my end of the village but cheaper and faster than EE, which is my only solid 3G signal.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   14 Aug 2015, 10:42 pm
In fairness to the passengers on the night bus, some of the passengers on the buses during the daytime are probably worse, should see some of the passengers on the Arriva X66 Middlesbrough - Darlington after 5pm, some characters on there, did feel totally uneasy listening to someone behind me banging on about the Mafia for half hour and then there is all the alcoholics who usually stumble out of that pub in Stockton where the Darlington bound X66s stop and head back to Darlington.

Feel like I should experience the night bus services but that's not really possible for me although I'd probably regret it if I was to do it.
MurdnunoC   14 Aug 2015, 10:46 pm
The comment of the journey was from an older man (possibly late 30's) who seemed to be accompanying some younger guys in the their early-20's - "So, which one of my children do you fancy the most?"

From what I could ascertain, they'd all been out for a few in Newcastle and were returning to Consett to go clubbing. Says it all really!
BusLoverMum   14 Aug 2015, 10:48 pm
A couple of times in the 90s was enough for me, Jimmi. Once I was earning anything, never mind enough, I'd get a taxi.

I appreciated it more after i first moved here and the local buses got their windows put out a couple of times on the local estate. Nothing at al after 7pm for years and even now, Arriva only go one way after 7pm because they're going back to the depot anyhow.
BusLoverMum   14 Aug 2015, 10:49 pm
(14 Aug 2015, 10:46 pm)MurdnunoC wrote The comment of the journey was from an older man (possibly late 30's) who seemed to be accompanying some younger guys in the their early-20's - "So, which one of my children do you fancy the most?"

From what I could ascertain, they'd all been out for a few in Newcastle and were returning to Consett to go clubbing. Says it all really!

*barf*

What a prize t**t
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   14 Aug 2015, 10:49 pm
(14 Aug 2015, 10:46 pm)MurdnunoC wrote The comment of the journey was from an older man (possibly late 30's) who seemed to be accompanying some younger guys in the their early-20's - "So, which one of my children do you fancy the most?"

There's somewhere to go clubbing in Consett?! [emoji1]
BusLoverMum   14 Aug 2015, 10:51 pm
Of course, Big Grin at the idea of 30s being older!

Just about old enough to threaten to tell his mam.
Pages (100)    173 74 75100