Menu

Pages (100)    180 81 82100   
Adrian   25 Aug 2015, 4:16 pm
(25 Aug 2015, 4:03 pm)Michael wrote Trying to sort out how i'll get to Newcastle college on a morning... Traveline is being a bitch.
(25 Aug 2015, 4:08 pm)tyresmoke wrote Short walk from Central Station isn't it? Near Metro Radio Arena

Your best bet is probably going to be Metro to Central, then the Stagecoach 22 to Scotswood Road, if you can't be bothered walking.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
omnicity4659   25 Aug 2015, 4:27 pm
(25 Aug 2015, 4:02 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Ah, but which X21? Wink

This one.  Wink
Michael   25 Aug 2015, 4:29 pm
(25 Aug 2015, 4:16 pm)aureolin wrote Your best bet is probably going to be Metro to Central, then the Stagecoach 22 to Scotswood Road, if you can't be bothered walking.

Could do, trying to sort out my pass now, going to get the network one pass so i can use both metro and bus, as its cheaper, £217 for a term as a student, isn't bad.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MurdnunoC   25 Aug 2015, 5:13 pm
(25 Aug 2015, 4:29 pm)Michael wrote Could do, trying to sort out my pass now, going to get the network one pass so i can use both metro and bus, as its cheaper, £217 for a term as a student, isn't bad.

Honestly, it's easier to walk to Newcastle College from Central Station - it only takes about 5 minutes. You could spend longer than that waiting for a bus to come and, depending on which building you're in, you could still find yourself with a walk up the hill from where the bus drops you off.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   25 Aug 2015, 5:18 pm
(25 Aug 2015, 5:13 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Honestly, it's easier to walk to Newcastle College from Central Station - it only takes about 5 minutes. You could spend longer than that waiting for a bus to come and, depending on which building you're in, you could still find yourself with a walk up the hill from where the bus drops you off.

Aye, just going to walk, will be easier.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
BusLoverMum   25 Aug 2015, 6:39 pm
(25 Aug 2015, 4:27 pm)GX03 SVC wrote This one.  Wink

That gives 2 different ones in the top few results Tongue
Jimmi   26 Aug 2015, 2:45 pm
A taxi driver failing to indicate nearly resulted in me being run over.
MurdnunoC   26 Aug 2015, 2:50 pm
(26 Aug 2015, 2:45 pm)Jimmi wrote A taxi driver failing to indicate nearly resulted in me being run over.

This might help!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
omnicity4659   26 Aug 2015, 5:04 pm
I usually resort to shouting, sorry mumbling at motorists, mainly if they run red lights.
Diamond One   26 Aug 2015, 11:21 pm
Was in Newcastle earlier having a nice day chilling then this bloke asks me for £1 I usually say I don't have one then moments later he went to an old pensioner and asked her the same thing if she had £1 that bloke is asking for the lowest of the low
LeeCalder   27 Aug 2015, 6:38 am
(26 Aug 2015, 11:21 pm)Diamond One wrote Was in Newcastle earlier having a nice day chilling then this bloke asks me for £1 I usually say I don't have one then moments later he went to an old pensioner and asked her the same thing if she had £1 that bloke is asking for the lowest of the low

Bazza, he was probably homeless. If he was, then of course he will be asking anyone possible if they have any money. Could you imagine living on the street with no money at all?
Jackamcardle   27 Aug 2015, 8:07 am
(26 Aug 2015, 11:21 pm)Diamond One wrote Was in Newcastle earlier having a nice day chilling then this bloke asks me for £1 I usually say I don't have one then moments later he went to an old pensioner and asked her the same thing if she had £1 that bloke is asking for the lowest of the low

I've had that exact same thing happen to me before where a young 'chavvy' looking man came up to me and asked me for some loose change for his bus fare, of course I said I didn't have any but then he went off and asked the woman who was selling the big issue for some, which I think is even lower than asking a pensioner for money.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   27 Aug 2015, 8:16 am
(27 Aug 2015, 8:07 am)Jackamcardle wrote I've had that exact same thing happen to me before where a young 'chavvy' looking man came up to me and asked me for some loose change for his bus fare, of course I said I didn't have any but then he went off and asked the woman who was selling the big issue for some, which I think is even lower than asking a pensioner for money.
There is always some asking money for "bus fare" I've had loads, especially in Middlesbrough and I always say no, I've seen some ask people for money for bus fare in Middlesbrough Bus Station and some fool has given them money and then they have left the bus station.

You can usually tell which are generally in need of money and which want money for stuff like booze, fags and such.
BusSpotter   27 Aug 2015, 8:56 am
The EYMS vehicle allocation list is up but it says nothing about Scarborough, such as 708 and 336 being allocated there, 711 changing depots, or 304 being delicensed, as it the only single decker I have not seen for a while in Scarborough. It's like they've put up half an allocation list.
Michael   27 Aug 2015, 11:02 am
Phoned up the DR's about my knee... 3 weeks for a appointment, seriously i'll go in today randomly randomly a few people will be waiting!

Fucking hate my DR's

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MurdnunoC   27 Aug 2015, 11:29 am
(27 Aug 2015, 11:02 am)Michael wrote Phoned up the DR's about my knee... 3 weeks for a appointment, seriously i'll go in today randomly randomly a few people will be waiting!

Fucking hate my DR's

Do they not release same day appointments every morning like most practices? 

I know with mine, you have to ring between 8 and 8:30 to secure an appointment! If you call around midday, the GP's are usually out on their rounds. Your enquiry is assumed to be either routine or non-emergency.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   27 Aug 2015, 11:46 am
(27 Aug 2015, 11:29 am)MurdnunoC wrote Do they not release same day appointments every morning like most practices? 

I know with mine, you have to ring between 8 and 8:30 to secure an appointment! If you call around midday, the GP's are usually out on their rounds. Your enquiry is assumed to be either routine or non-emergency.

They do but normally they don't have any left.. plus i have to travel.. which takes ages on the 35/36... so a last minute appointment might not allow me to get their on time.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
BusLoverMum   27 Aug 2015, 12:20 pm

There was a couple working Northumberland street on Saturday doing this. I must either have had my eff off face on or looked poor, because they didn't bother me, but they approached quite a few young looking people. Probably considered them to be easier targets.
MrFozz   27 Aug 2015, 1:09 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 6:38 am)LeeCalder wrote Bazza, he was probably homeless. If he was, then of course he will be asking anyone possible if they have any money. Could you imagine living on the street with no money at all?

Not necessarily Lee, a lot of beggars are not homeless, I speak from the voice of experience, when I was in Care and at College in 1999/2000 I used to beg in Newcastle and Sunderland with my mate, he was the kinda person who do anything to get his hands on anything for us sell and we would work the streets, despite having a roof over our heads. I stopped doing it in the end as I started feeling guilty
Adrian   27 Aug 2015, 2:50 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 12:20 pm)BusLoverMum wrote There was a couple working Northumberland street on Saturday doing this. I must either have had my eff off face on or looked poor, because they didn't bother me, but they approached quite a few young looking people. Probably considered them to be easier targets.

Eff off face? That could come in handy most days. Tongue

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Diamond One   27 Aug 2015, 2:50 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 6:38 am)LeeCalder wrote Bazza, he was probably homeless. If he was, then of course he will be asking anyone possible if they have any money. Could you imagine living on the street with no money at all?

He didn't look homeless to me he looked like a right chav who knew his stuff
BusLoverMum   27 Aug 2015, 3:34 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 2:50 pm)aureolin wrote Eff off face? That could come in handy most days. Tongue

It's taken me many years to cultivate. I use chuggers for practice. I'm not yet as good at it as the queen, though.
Jimmi   27 Aug 2015, 3:54 pm
I'm looking after someone else's dog for over the next week and what do I get to do when I am not looking after their dog? I get left alone at home to look after our own dog and when I often get left alone with it the thing goes bloody crazy, it just lept at me. Seems like I am the only one watching it and I have to keep changing/dropping plans to suit everyone else so I can look after it and I am bloody sick of it! [emoji35]
MurdnunoC   27 Aug 2015, 4:05 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 3:54 pm)Jimmi wrote I'm looking after someone else's dog for over the next week and what do I get to do when I am not looking after their dog? I get left alone at home to look after our own dog and when I often get left alone with it the thing goes bloody crazy, it just lept at me. Seems like I am the only one watching it and I have to keep changing/dropping plans to suit everyone else so I can look after it and I am bloody sick of it! [emoji35]

Dogs are cool, man. Go for a walk, maybe do a little bit of Geocaching, have fun!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   27 Aug 2015, 4:10 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 4:05 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Dogs are cool, man. Go for a walk, maybe do a little bit of Geocaching, have fun!

I don't want to go for a walk, I just want to sit down and relax. I have now gotten so frustrated I have been shouting the house down and now gotten my sister to watch it as I've been watching it all afternoon and I'm not happy with being left with it all afternoon and they wanted me to look after it again tomorrow afternoon and half of Saturday as well.
MurdnunoC   27 Aug 2015, 4:14 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 4:10 pm)Jimmi wrote I don't want to go for a walk, I just want to sit down and relax. I have now gotten so frustrated I have been shouting the house down and now gotten my sister to watch it as I've been watching it all afternoon and I'm not happy with being left with it all afternoon and they wanted me to look after it again tomorrow afternoon and half of Saturday as well.

Dogs love to lie down and relax too, especially after a nice long walk.
BusLoverMum   27 Aug 2015, 7:27 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 4:10 pm)Jimmi wrote I don't want to go for a walk, I just want to sit down and relax. I have now gotten so frustrated I have been shouting the house down and now gotten my sister to watch it as I've been watching it all afternoon and I'm not happy with being left with it all afternoon and they wanted me to look after it again tomorrow afternoon and half of Saturday as well.

Sounds like the dog needs to see the skies of Co Durham from the floor of a bus Wink

Did you have any advance notice of this particular arrangement, or was it just sprung on you? From your earlier post, it sounds like you don't have much of a rapport with the dog and it doesn't appear to know its boundaries with you or you struggle to enforce them, so I can understand why you're not keen. Neither of the boys are at all keen on dogs with no manners (I recently replied to a woman with a bouncy little terrier which littl'un was cowering from with "well he doesn't much like dogs and it scares him when they jump up at him" when she was reassuring me that her particular precious bundle of bounce loved children and only wanted to play)
Jimmi   27 Aug 2015, 7:50 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 7:27 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Sounds like the dog needs to see the skies of Co Durham from the floor of a bus Wink

Did you have any advance notice of this particular arrangement, or was it just sprung on you? From your earlier post, it sounds like you don't have much of a rapport with the dog and it doesn't appear to know its boundaries with you or you struggle to enforce them, so I can understand why you're not keen. Neither of the boys are at all keen on dogs with no manners (I recently replied to a woman with a bouncy little terrier which littl'un was cowering from with "well he doesn't much like dogs and it scares him when they jump up at him" when she was reassuring me that her particular precious bundle of bounce loved children and only wanted to play)

It was sprung on me with very little notice this afternoon so that annoyed me a little and the dog is still only a puppy so it can be quite wild at times and it's the worst if I'm on my own as sometimes you need someone else to district it at times when for example I have to clean the mess up in the garden as by the time I get the shovel it's eating it's own mess, it also likes to pick up rocks in its mouth.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   27 Aug 2015, 7:54 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 2:50 pm)Diamond One wrote He didn't look homeless to me he looked like a right chav who knew his stuff

I laughed out load at that Bazza, honestly i'll agree with you though i've had random people ask for bus fare etc although u can see they'll only go and spend it else where.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Davie   27 Aug 2015, 9:10 pm
I'll not go into any detail, but I have had an incredibly bad day today!!
Pages (100)    180 81 82100