Menu

North East Buses Other Forms of Transport Railways Tyne and Wear Metro

Tyne and Wear Metro

Tyne and Wear Metro

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (146) Previous 179 80 81146 Next
Michael

14 Sep 2015, 6:42 pm #1,581
How many trains are normally out on Sunday service?

According to them they had an extra 60-70 trains out on the day.............

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
14 Sep 2015, 6:42 pm #1,581

How many trains are normally out on Sunday service?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

14 Sep 2015, 6:42 pm #1,582
(14 Sep 2015, 6:35 pm)Michael Metro promises inquiry after ‘journey from hell’ on Great North Run day

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/local...-1-7461015

Maybe they'll look into why, that every time a quote is released, it contradicts the previous?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
14 Sep 2015, 6:42 pm #1,582

(14 Sep 2015, 6:35 pm)Michael Metro promises inquiry after ‘journey from hell’ on Great North Run day

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/local...-1-7461015

Maybe they'll look into why, that every time a quote is released, it contradicts the previous?

Michael

14 Sep 2015, 6:43 pm #1,583
(14 Sep 2015, 6:40 pm)aureolin That is an absolutely pathetic excuse for a service delay. I was on an East Coast service a fortnight ago, which was delayed by 10 minutes for the same reason. 

What's wrong with going mob handed, and chucking the pratt off?

That's almost as good as the Metro excuse generator, and also the customer service buzzword bingo. Big Grin

Supposedly he refused to get off... no doubt he was just getting his view across to how shit the metro is haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
14 Sep 2015, 6:43 pm #1,583

(14 Sep 2015, 6:40 pm)aureolin That is an absolutely pathetic excuse for a service delay. I was on an East Coast service a fortnight ago, which was delayed by 10 minutes for the same reason. 

What's wrong with going mob handed, and chucking the pratt off?

That's almost as good as the Metro excuse generator, and also the customer service buzzword bingo. Big Grin

Supposedly he refused to get off... no doubt he was just getting his view across to how shit the metro is haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

14 Sep 2015, 6:50 pm #1,584
(14 Sep 2015, 6:42 pm)Michael How many trains are normally out on Sunday service?

I thought it sounded somewhat unrealistic, given that Tommy has previously quoted the weekday PVR (12 minute frequency on each line with extra trains at peak times) being quite high, leaving very little spare trains, when the PVR was previously discussed. The Sunday frequency on each line is 15 minutes, so I can't see the PVR being reduced drastically to allow for 60-70 trains to be made available.
Dan
14 Sep 2015, 6:50 pm #1,584

(14 Sep 2015, 6:42 pm)Michael How many trains are normally out on Sunday service?

I thought it sounded somewhat unrealistic, given that Tommy has previously quoted the weekday PVR (12 minute frequency on each line with extra trains at peak times) being quite high, leaving very little spare trains, when the PVR was previously discussed. The Sunday frequency on each line is 15 minutes, so I can't see the PVR being reduced drastically to allow for 60-70 trains to be made available.

14 Sep 2015, 6:51 pm #1,585

I'd expect about 30 to 40. 

60-70 trains......????????????????? That would run a very very very very frequent service of every 2 minutes along Pelaw-South Gosforth...  Wink
omnicity4659
14 Sep 2015, 6:51 pm #1,585

I'd expect about 30 to 40. 

60-70 trains......????????????????? That would run a very very very very frequent service of every 2 minutes along Pelaw-South Gosforth...  Wink

Michael

14 Sep 2015, 6:56 pm #1,586
(14 Sep 2015, 6:50 pm)Dan I thought it sounded somewhat unrealistic, given that Tommy has previously quoted the weekday PVR (12 minute frequency on each line with extra trains at peak times) being quite high, leaving very little spare trains, when the PVR was previously discussed. The Sunday frequency on each line is 15 minutes, so I can't see the PVR being reduced drastically to allow for 60-70 trains to be made available.

I thought it wouldn't of being as low PVR on a Sunday... i love the metro's unrealistic numbers etc.

I didn't realise it had being discussed before, oops!
Edited 14 Sep 2015, 6:57 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
14 Sep 2015, 6:56 pm #1,586

(14 Sep 2015, 6:50 pm)Dan I thought it sounded somewhat unrealistic, given that Tommy has previously quoted the weekday PVR (12 minute frequency on each line with extra trains at peak times) being quite high, leaving very little spare trains, when the PVR was previously discussed. The Sunday frequency on each line is 15 minutes, so I can't see the PVR being reduced drastically to allow for 60-70 trains to be made available.

I thought it wouldn't of being as low PVR on a Sunday... i love the metro's unrealistic numbers etc.

I didn't realise it had being discussed before, oops!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

14 Sep 2015, 7:01 pm #1,587

I've emailed Metro and asked the question (one of many!) earlier. If they've nothing to hide, then they won't mind answering my questions.

Other questions are around social media resourcing, station staff resourcing, and the number of units out compared to the previous few years. I've asked for my answers in figures, rather than percentages. Anybody can put something as a percentage to make it look good.

Adrian
14 Sep 2015, 7:01 pm #1,587

I've emailed Metro and asked the question (one of many!) earlier. If they've nothing to hide, then they won't mind answering my questions.

Other questions are around social media resourcing, station staff resourcing, and the number of units out compared to the previous few years. I've asked for my answers in figures, rather than percentages. Anybody can put something as a percentage to make it look good.

14 Sep 2015, 7:18 pm #1,588
For these 60-70 extra trains there needs to be at least 105 (out of 45!) sets. Simple maths, yet they're making a cock of themselves in front of the country with their crap system... and maths..!
omnicity4659
14 Sep 2015, 7:18 pm #1,588

For these 60-70 extra trains there needs to be at least 105 (out of 45!) sets. Simple maths, yet they're making a cock of themselves in front of the country with their crap system... and maths..!

Adrian

14 Sep 2015, 7:24 pm #1,589
(14 Sep 2015, 7:18 pm)GX03 SVC For these 60-70 extra trains there needs to be at least 105 (out of 45!) sets. Simple maths, yet they're making a cock of themselves in front of the country with their crap system... and maths..!

This is why I asked them for number of units, rather than trains. For all I know, they could be saying that one train doing 10 journeys in the day, is actually 10 extra trains.

Adrian
14 Sep 2015, 7:24 pm #1,589

(14 Sep 2015, 7:18 pm)GX03 SVC For these 60-70 extra trains there needs to be at least 105 (out of 45!) sets. Simple maths, yet they're making a cock of themselves in front of the country with their crap system... and maths..!

This is why I asked them for number of units, rather than trains. For all I know, they could be saying that one train doing 10 journeys in the day, is actually 10 extra trains.

Michael

14 Sep 2015, 9:01 pm #1,590
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...s-10055010

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Bus_User

15 Sep 2015, 9:50 am #1,591
(14 Sep 2015, 7:24 pm)aureolin This is why I asked them for number of units, rather than trains. For all I know, they could be saying that one train doing 10 journeys in the day, is actually 10 extra trains.

Which is exactly how its calculated, the numbers sound better than the reality though and besides, there is so many trains you can send down the South Shields stretch before its too much for the substation and that what appeared to of happen on Sunday with the power fault. Unfortunately, the passengers did not help matters what so ever by jumping onto the tracks, one may presume the train was full and there was panic hence the need to escape onto the tracks. 

I think some things got to be considered here because its easy to criticize although that said, it does seem better planning needs to be done. 

* As i stated, you can only have a limited number of trains from Pelaw to South Shields because if you have too many trains, the OHL will 'trip' because of the extra load and the fact some parts are single track to start off with.

* You need to have the drivers to drive the trains, a driver has every right not to come in on his/her rest day so whilst Nexus may promise extra trains, this can't be fully guranteed because drivers may not show up. There could be some extra incentive financially to come in but if the weather is fine and you want to spend time with your family, I'm sure many would rather do that than driving on what will be  a very busy and no doubt stressful system. 

* There will always be some sort of delays, there always is and with many trains jammed packed, people are bound to have to let trains go by. I do sometimes think common sence should play a part, why leave it so late to leave especially if your a runner but there you go. 

* 3 car trains can't be run as most platforms are not big enough to accomodate 3 car trains and the platform mirrors probably won't allow you see that far.

Just one more point, I do like the photos showing the long ques down King St, I mean, its not like the delays caused those ques, you get those ques every year regardless, perhaps albeit this year, the ques were much longer because of the delays. I do have some sympathy for passengers having to que that long but maybe find an alternative way after the race, for me, I would probably head to Seaburn(long walk I know!) and maybe more could be done to get passengers to Seaburn so it evens out the numbers somewhat.
Bus_User
15 Sep 2015, 9:50 am #1,591

(14 Sep 2015, 7:24 pm)aureolin This is why I asked them for number of units, rather than trains. For all I know, they could be saying that one train doing 10 journeys in the day, is actually 10 extra trains.

Which is exactly how its calculated, the numbers sound better than the reality though and besides, there is so many trains you can send down the South Shields stretch before its too much for the substation and that what appeared to of happen on Sunday with the power fault. Unfortunately, the passengers did not help matters what so ever by jumping onto the tracks, one may presume the train was full and there was panic hence the need to escape onto the tracks. 

I think some things got to be considered here because its easy to criticize although that said, it does seem better planning needs to be done. 

* As i stated, you can only have a limited number of trains from Pelaw to South Shields because if you have too many trains, the OHL will 'trip' because of the extra load and the fact some parts are single track to start off with.

* You need to have the drivers to drive the trains, a driver has every right not to come in on his/her rest day so whilst Nexus may promise extra trains, this can't be fully guranteed because drivers may not show up. There could be some extra incentive financially to come in but if the weather is fine and you want to spend time with your family, I'm sure many would rather do that than driving on what will be  a very busy and no doubt stressful system. 

* There will always be some sort of delays, there always is and with many trains jammed packed, people are bound to have to let trains go by. I do sometimes think common sence should play a part, why leave it so late to leave especially if your a runner but there you go. 

* 3 car trains can't be run as most platforms are not big enough to accomodate 3 car trains and the platform mirrors probably won't allow you see that far.

Just one more point, I do like the photos showing the long ques down King St, I mean, its not like the delays caused those ques, you get those ques every year regardless, perhaps albeit this year, the ques were much longer because of the delays. I do have some sympathy for passengers having to que that long but maybe find an alternative way after the race, for me, I would probably head to Seaburn(long walk I know!) and maybe more could be done to get passengers to Seaburn so it evens out the numbers somewhat.

Michael

15 Sep 2015, 10:57 am #1,592
Tyne and Wear Metro
19 mins ·
There are no trains running between Bede and South Shields in both directions until further notice. This is due to a problem with the power supply. Go North East are accepting Metro tickets in the affected area. Bus services 27 operate between Jarrow and South Shields. We will update you as soon as we have more information.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
15 Sep 2015, 10:57 am #1,592

Tyne and Wear Metro
19 mins ·
There are no trains running between Bede and South Shields in both directions until further notice. This is due to a problem with the power supply. Go North East are accepting Metro tickets in the affected area. Bus services 27 operate between Jarrow and South Shields. We will update you as soon as we have more information.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Diamond One

Banned

15 Sep 2015, 12:50 pm #1,593
(15 Sep 2015, 10:57 am)Michael Tyne and Wear Metro
19 mins ·
Metro I dispise now not what it used to be but I see another nexus quote
Diamond One
15 Sep 2015, 12:50 pm #1,593

(15 Sep 2015, 10:57 am)Michael Tyne and Wear Metro
19 mins ·
Metro I dispise now not what it used to be but I see another nexus quote

17 Sep 2015, 4:03 pm #1,594
A long-lost film of Robson Green's safety video for the Tyne & Wear Metro, made more than 20 years ago, has been discovered; http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/busin...-1-7466540

The children featured were from Burnside High School in Wallsend.
Edited 17 Sep 2015, 4:03 pm by R852 PRG.
R852 PRG
17 Sep 2015, 4:03 pm #1,594

A long-lost film of Robson Green's safety video for the Tyne & Wear Metro, made more than 20 years ago, has been discovered; http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/busin...-1-7466540

Andreos1

17 Sep 2015, 4:38 pm #1,595
(17 Sep 2015, 4:03 pm)R852 PRG A long-lost film of Robson Green's safety video for the Tyne & Wear Metro, made more than 20 years ago, has been discovered; http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/business/watch-metro-bosses-delight-after-long-lost-robson-green-film-resurfaces-1-7466540

Can't remember that film at all.
It is like a really naff pilot for Byker Grove!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
17 Sep 2015, 4:38 pm #1,595

(17 Sep 2015, 4:03 pm)R852 PRG A long-lost film of Robson Green's safety video for the Tyne & Wear Metro, made more than 20 years ago, has been discovered; http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/business/watch-metro-bosses-delight-after-long-lost-robson-green-film-resurfaces-1-7466540

Can't remember that film at all.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Adrian

17 Sep 2015, 5:01 pm #1,596
"Nexus, the public body which owns and manages Metro, says it is pleased to see the footage again so it can be retained for heritage purposes."

...yet they do all they can to deter enthusiasts. Is that not retaining footage and photographs for heritage purposes...?

Adrian
17 Sep 2015, 5:01 pm #1,596

"Nexus, the public body which owns and manages Metro, says it is pleased to see the footage again so it can be retained for heritage purposes."

...yet they do all they can to deter enthusiasts. Is that not retaining footage and photographs for heritage purposes...?

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

17 Sep 2015, 9:14 pm #1,597
(17 Sep 2015, 4:03 pm)R852 PRG A long-lost film of Robson Green's safety video for the Tyne & Wear Metro, made more than 20 years ago, has been discovered; http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/busin...-1-7466540

(17 Sep 2015, 4:38 pm)Andreos1 Can't remember that film at all.
Dont really know why, but I hate Robson Green, looks as much as a cock then as he does now
MrFozz
17 Sep 2015, 9:14 pm #1,597

(17 Sep 2015, 4:03 pm)R852 PRG A long-lost film of Robson Green's safety video for the Tyne & Wear Metro, made more than 20 years ago, has been discovered; http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/busin...-1-7466540

(17 Sep 2015, 4:38 pm)Andreos1 Can't remember that film at all.
Dont really know why, but I hate Robson Green, looks as much as a cock then as he does now

Michael

17 Sep 2015, 10:52 pm #1,598
Question of the day... how the fuck did crabs get on the metro?....
https://mobile.twitter.com/AndrewDez91/s...13408?s=09

I hope they paid for a ticket or they'll be fined!
Edited 17 Sep 2015, 10:53 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
17 Sep 2015, 10:52 pm #1,598

Question of the day... how the fuck did crabs get on the metro?....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jimmi

17 Sep 2015, 11:00 pm #1,599
(17 Sep 2015, 10:52 pm)Michael Question of the day... how the fuck did crabs get on the metro?....

Can only assume some of the passengers on the Metro have some bad STDs.

Clearly they didn't pay for tickets as he is kicking them off.
Jimmi
17 Sep 2015, 11:00 pm #1,599

(17 Sep 2015, 10:52 pm)Michael Question of the day... how the fuck did crabs get on the metro?....

Can only assume some of the passengers on the Metro have some bad STDs.

Clearly they didn't pay for tickets as he is kicking them off.

S813 FVK

18 Sep 2015, 6:39 am #1,600
He can't just kick the things...i find that rather cruel and shelfish!
S813 FVK
18 Sep 2015, 6:39 am #1,600

He can't just kick the things...i find that rather cruel and shelfish!

Pages (146) Previous 179 80 81146 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average