Menu

Pages (14)    19 10 1114   
Davie   11 Aug 2015, 6:22 am
I've been meaning to mention this since Friday but I forgot, anyway, aparently you need a letter of permission from Nexus to take photos anywhere in Tyne & Wear.
omnicity4659   11 Aug 2015, 8:10 am
(11 Aug 2015, 6:22 am)Davie wrote I've been meaning to mention this since Friday but I forgot, anyway, aparently you need a letter of permission from Nexus to take photos anywhere in Tyne & Wear.

I can confirm this as bullshit*. So if somebody goes to the Angel, they have to have a letter permission from the local Passenger Transport Executive to take photos of the Angel of the North...?

*unless you meant Metro, interchanges & bus stations
MrFozz   11 Aug 2015, 8:34 am
(11 Aug 2015, 8:10 am)GX03 SVC wrote I can confirm this as bullshit*. So if somebody goes to the Angel, they have to have a letter permission from the local Passenger Transport Executive to take photos of the Angel of the North...?

LMAO...

I think he means Nexus property...

Unless Tyne and Wear have Seceeded from the rest of the country with Nexus grabbing power and turning Newcastle into a Pyongyang style Peoples Republic
Andreos1   11 Aug 2015, 9:34 am
(11 Aug 2015, 8:34 am)MrFozz wrote LMAO...

I think he means Nexus property...

Unless Tyne and Wear have Seceeded from the rest of the country with Nexus grabbing power and turning Newcastle into a Pyongyang style Peoples Republic
Pyongyang? *coughs and points to a map, specifically to a village a few miles up the road from Houghton le Spring*.

I resisted the urge to comment on the wing mirror comments last night like, but two in two days just got too much Wink

#wingmirrorissues
#peoplesparties
#hashtagsonNEB

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Davie   11 Aug 2015, 10:07 am
(11 Aug 2015, 8:10 am)GX03 SVC wrote I can confirm this as bullshit*. So if somebody goes to the Angel, they have to have a letter permission from the local Passenger Transport Executive to take photos of the Angel of the North...?

I was told even if I was on Fawcett street I needed permission.
MrFozz   11 Aug 2015, 10:15 am
(11 Aug 2015, 10:07 am)Davie wrote I was told even if I was on Fawcett street I needed permission.
Thats a load of crap...

I would demand to see that in Black and White...

If there was such a rule in place it would come from Sunderland Council, not Nexus
R852 PRG   11 Aug 2015, 10:17 am
(11 Aug 2015, 10:07 am)Davie wrote I was told even if I was on Fawcett street I needed permission.

Does this mean you're banned from taking photographs in your own house as well?
Dan   11 Aug 2015, 10:19 am
(11 Aug 2015, 10:17 am)R852 PRG wrote Does this mean you're banned from taking photographs in your own house as well?

Damn...nee more selfies for me!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
R852 PRG   11 Aug 2015, 10:20 am
(11 Aug 2015, 10:19 am)Dan wrote Damn...nee more selfies for me!

You'll have to escape Tyne & Wear if you want to keep your friends updated with that ''Ugly Selfie Squad'' thing... Tongue
Jimmi   11 Aug 2015, 10:38 am
(11 Aug 2015, 10:19 am)Dan wrote Damn...nee more selfies for me!

Selfies are fine but god forbid there be a bus in the background!
omnicity4659   11 Aug 2015, 2:20 pm

No, that's like the police saying I need permission to take photos of buses.... Hang on!  Rolleyes
Davie   11 Aug 2015, 2:22 pm
(11 Aug 2015, 2:20 pm)GX03 SVC wrote No, that's like the police saying I need permission to take photos of buses.... Hang on!  Rolleyes

I don't think the woman who told me had a clue what she was saying!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   11 Aug 2015, 5:52 pm
Does this mean Nexus can close Sunderland in Pyjamas down? Sad

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
omnicity4659   11 Aug 2015, 6:48 pm
(11 Aug 2015, 5:52 pm)aureolin wrote Does this mean Nexus can close Sunderland in Pyjamas down? Sad

What about the Angel.... or, or the marvellous coastline  Big Grin
Andreos1   24 Aug 2015, 1:55 pm
http://www.simplygo.com/news/northbound-...-24-august
Diversion of X1, should lead to some interesting (and rare) photos at Fatfield!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
BusLoverMum   28 Aug 2015, 8:57 am
Guardian eyewitness have put out a call for bus photos. I'll try to add a link when I'm back on my laptop later.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   08 Sep 2015, 5:03 pm
Opinions/suggestions on my flickr albums.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@N02/albums

I've been looking at the albums on my Flickr account and I have noticed that I have now gone onto a second page due to the number of albums I have created. I am a little annoyed with this as I can't see where many people will bother viewing another page of albums. With my albums I have a individual album for every operator which proves popular for ANE, GNE, SNE and some of the larger independents like Scarlet Band and Weardale but I also have many albums (mostly independents) where I will have little or no views on the albums. I also like to create an album for when I have trips further afield to places such as Blackpool, Carlisle and Scarborough, also I create albums for each bus rally I've been to and one reason I like to do this is so when I do these trips I can copy and paste the link to the album and post it in the Flickr accounts thread so NEB members can see the photos and people looking at my albums can view the photos from that trip out from looking at my albums.

A problem I'm having is it's starting to look a bit messy now especially since I have started to upload train photos as well, so I would like some feedback as to what you think I should do with the albums?

Also I am interested to know if there is anything you'd like to see me upload that I don't do or do very little of now, example different locations, operators or if I should do more train photos etc. stuff like that.
omnicity4659   08 Sep 2015, 5:11 pm
(08 Sep 2015, 5:03 pm)Jimmi wrote Opinions/suggestions on my flickr albums.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@N02/albums

I've been looking at the albums on my Flickr account and I have noticed that I have now gone onto a second page due to the number of albums I have created. I am a little annoyed with this as I can't see where many people will bother viewing another page of albums. With my albums I have a individual album for every operator which proves popular for ANE, GNE, SNE and some of the larger independents like Scarlet Band and Weardale but I also have many albums (mostly independents) where I will have little or no views on the albums. I also like to create an album for when I have trips further afield to places such as Blackpool, Carlisle and Scarborough, also I create albums for each bus rally I've been to and one reason I like to do this is so when I do these trips I can copy and paste the link to the album and post it in the Flickr accounts thread so NEB members can see the photos and people looking at my albums can view the photos from that trip out from looking at my albums.

A problem I'm having is it's starting to look a bit messy now especially since I have started to upload train photos as well, so I would like some feedback as to what you think I should do with the albums?

Also I am interested to know if there is anything you'd like to see me upload that I don't do or do very little of now, example different locations, operators or if I should do more train photos etc. stuff like that.

What I've always done is put all the bus companies first, beginning with 2014 Bus Photos, 2015 Bus Photos, ANE, GNE, SNE, the A-Z. Then the same for the trains.

I don't care if my albums continue onto another page, because a photo or the photostream is the first port of call for a viewer. I always look at a photo then see "Oooh, it's in an album, let's see what else he's took a photo of...", that's what I assume everyone else does...
Jimmi   08 Sep 2015, 5:31 pm
(08 Sep 2015, 5:11 pm)GX03 SVC wrote What I've always done is put all the bus companies first, beginning with 2014 Bus Photos, 2015 Bus Photos, ANE, GNE, SNE, the A-Z. Then the same for the trains.

I don't care if my albums continue onto another page, because a photo or the photostream is the first port of call for a viewer. I always look at a photo then see "Oooh, it's in an album, let's see what else he's took a photo of...", that's what I assume everyone else does...
On mine it's ANE, GNE SNE as these three are the most popular albums and photos on my Flickr then A-Z of all other operators then I think it's events (rallies and launch events) then trips out then random mix albums examples: All 2014 Bus Photos, single deckers etc. Then the train photos are burried at the bottom.

Although I have a pro account so I can see my stats so I know which albums get viewed each day, I don't exactly know where they are getting viewed from on my Flickr.

I may consider deleting some of the random mix albums to save a little bit space.
BusLoverMum   21 Sep 2015, 10:25 pm
I never did post that link!

Anyhow, it's live. Some mundane, some quite extraordinary.
http://www.theguardian.com/community/ng-...tributions
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
omnicity4659   23 Sep 2015, 4:52 pm
Just been uploading a few photos. I've taken them from my website as I can't find the little thing that opens the iPad's SIM tray which will allow me to upload to Flickr directly from my laptop.

Anyway, these two are my favourites...
[Image: 21649456715_275f0b677c_o_d.jpg] link and [Image: 21297674876_37f2672ebe_o_d.jpg] link.

The link to my photostream (and my site which I throw all my photos in) is in my signature.

EDIT: The signature shows now, I had it ticked off by mistake.
NK53 TKT   23 Sep 2015, 6:12 pm
GX03 SVC, I do like your most recent photo, it is where I live!
Sadly, I was abroad at the time the picture was taken
omnicity4659   23 Sep 2015, 6:18 pm
(23 Sep 2015, 6:12 pm)NK53 TKT wrote GX03 SVC, I do like your most recent photo, it is where I live!
Sadly, I was abroad at the time the picture was taken

Cheers! I was on a free Blue and Purple BuzzFare that day. You would have been peeking out of the window if you weren't on holiday!  Tongue
NK53 TKT   23 Sep 2015, 6:21 pm
(23 Sep 2015, 6:18 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Cheers! I was on a free Blue and Purple BuzzFare that day. You would have been peeking out of the window if you weren't on holiday!  Tongue

I would definitely of been  Tongue
Crete was nice though Wink
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   28 Sep 2015, 3:34 pm
Took the photo below of a First bus in Edinburgh on Saturday, but I'm not sure as to what to name it as when I tried searching Flickr I got about four different things coming back for it, so what do we think I should name it as - First what?
[Image: 21729575486_2354fd5799.jpg]First: 37136 / SN57HCU by Jimmi's Transport Photos, on Flickr
S813 FVK   28 Sep 2015, 3:38 pm
(28 Sep 2015, 3:34 pm)Jimmi wrote Took the photo below of a First bus in Edinburgh on Saturday, but I'm not sure as to what to name it as when I tried searching Flickr I got about four different things coming back for it, so what do we think I should name it as - First what?
[Image: 21729575486_2354fd5799.jpg]First: 37136 / SN57HCU by Jimmi's Transport Photos, on Flickr

Personally, i'd say First Scotland East - its the proper name for that division

Edit: I see what you mean about the different names though. First borders, First Midlothian, Edinburgh etc.
Jimmi   28 Sep 2015, 3:48 pm
(28 Sep 2015, 3:38 pm)S813 FVK wrote Personally, i'd say First Scotland East - its the proper name for that division

Edit: I see what you mean about the different names though. First borders, First Midlothian, Edinburgh etc.

Thanks. Was really unsure what to put it as, my knowledge of stuff outside the north east is pretty poor and when a few different names came up when I searched the reg just confused me.
Dan   28 Sep 2015, 4:08 pm
(28 Sep 2015, 3:38 pm)S813 FVK wrote Personally, i'd say First Scotland East - its the proper name for that division

(28 Sep 2015, 3:48 pm)Jimmi wrote Thanks. Was really unsure what to put it as, my knowledge of stuff outside the north east is pretty poor and when a few different names came up when I searched the reg just confused me.

Yes, most of the First Group buses you see running in Edinburgh are from the First Scotland East division, so this is what I would have put in the caption of my photo too. The bus you saw is based at Livingston depot.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   18 Oct 2015, 4:30 pm
Recently I've been thinking about how and what I've been uploading to my Flickr recently especially since a few people have un followed me and others seem to have lost intrest in what I'm uploading. One thing that kind of made think more about this was Robert's post saying about only photographing odd workings which I admit has been a large amount of my recent uploads have been odd workings.

I think I may go back to the larger uploads (possibly around 10 photos per upload) and try and bring back some more variety as there has been an awful lot of Darlington and Durham recently, to be honest I was bored just uploading yesterday's photos.

If anyone has any constructive feedback, I will be interested in hearing it.
omnicity4659   18 Oct 2015, 5:09 pm
(18 Oct 2015, 4:30 pm)Jimmi wrote If anyone has any constructive feedback, I will be interested in hearing it.

It's your Flickr, you can do whatever you want with it. It's up to you. I don't feel like that I should have a say on how you do things. Keep taking great photos and don't worry about views and 'faves' on your photos, life's too short for that.  Smile

EDIT: And for the 'unfollowers', stuff the lot of them. They don't care about what you upload, only their own photos and keeping their 'followers' level high.
Pages (14)    19 10 1114