Menu

North East Buses Other Forms of Transport Railways Tyne and Wear Metro

Tyne and Wear Metro

Tyne and Wear Metro

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (146) Previous 195 96 97146 Next
Bus_User

15 Dec 2015, 10:10 am #1,901
I guess also why refurbishment was chosen over replacement of a new fleet was down too the fact Nexus did not really have any plans for fleet replacement in place for the near future and with the trains needing a refurbishment and to deal with the corrision issues then instead of buying new trains, they went for the cheaper option instead. 

I'm becoming more doubtful the government will give Nexus the funding for new trains and I have heard if that is the case, the fleet could well be refurbished yet again although if that is the case, I hope it be more replacement of everything underneath the train instead of mainly cosmetic stuff.

Another reason why refurbishment was chosen is with the complications on the Sunderland line... If/when the Durham coast line gets electrified then it will have to be able to run on the same voltage as the new Metro fleet(or vice versa) so no doubt behind the scenes planning will be taking this into mind.
Bus_User
15 Dec 2015, 10:10 am #1,901

I guess also why refurbishment was chosen over replacement of a new fleet was down too the fact Nexus did not really have any plans for fleet replacement in place for the near future and with the trains needing a refurbishment and to deal with the corrision issues then instead of buying new trains, they went for the cheaper option instead. 

I'm becoming more doubtful the government will give Nexus the funding for new trains and I have heard if that is the case, the fleet could well be refurbished yet again although if that is the case, I hope it be more replacement of everything underneath the train instead of mainly cosmetic stuff.

Another reason why refurbishment was chosen is with the complications on the Sunderland line... If/when the Durham coast line gets electrified then it will have to be able to run on the same voltage as the new Metro fleet(or vice versa) so no doubt behind the scenes planning will be taking this into mind.

Michael

15 Dec 2015, 11:48 am #1,902
TXM Rail Announces Tender Win of Nexus Project

http://www.txmgroup.com/txm-rail-announc...s-project/

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
15 Dec 2015, 11:48 am #1,902

TXM Rail Announces Tender Win of Nexus Project

http://www.txmgroup.com/txm-rail-announc...s-project/

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

18 Dec 2015, 2:31 pm #1,903
There are no trains running between Sunderland and East Boldon in both directions, this is due to a police incident. We will update you once we have more information.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
18 Dec 2015, 2:31 pm #1,903

There are no trains running between Sunderland and East Boldon in both directions, this is due to a police incident. We will update you once we have more information.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

20 Dec 2015, 2:09 pm #1,904
There are no trains running between Haymarket and Heworth in both directions until further notice. This is due to problem with the overhead line. Go North East are accepting Metro tickets in the affected area. Bus services 27 operate between Monument and Heworth. We will update you as soon as we have more information.

I can imagine chao's now....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
20 Dec 2015, 2:09 pm #1,904

There are no trains running between Haymarket and Heworth in both directions until further notice. This is due to problem with the overhead line. Go North East are accepting Metro tickets in the affected area. Bus services 27 operate between Monument and Heworth. We will update you as soon as we have more information.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

20 Dec 2015, 2:44 pm #1,905
(20 Dec 2015, 2:09 pm)Michael There are no trains running between Haymarket and Heworth in both directions until further notice. This is due to problem with the overhead line. Go North East are accepting Metro tickets in the affected area. Bus services 27 operate between Monument and Heworth.  We will update you as soon as we have more information.

Update:

There are no trains running between Haymarket and Heworth in both directions until further notice. This is due to problem with the overhead line.  We are currently operating a bus replacement service, the number 900, calling at or near to all stations between Monument and Heworth. Go North East are accepting Metro tickets in the affected area. Bus services 27 operate between Monument and Heworth. We will upd

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
20 Dec 2015, 2:44 pm #1,905

(20 Dec 2015, 2:09 pm)Michael There are no trains running between Haymarket and Heworth in both directions until further notice. This is due to problem with the overhead line. Go North East are accepting Metro tickets in the affected area. Bus services 27 operate between Monument and Heworth.  We will update you as soon as we have more information.

Update:

There are no trains running between Haymarket and Heworth in both directions until further notice. This is due to problem with the overhead line.  We are currently operating a bus replacement service, the number 900, calling at or near to all stations between Monument and Heworth. Go North East are accepting Metro tickets in the affected area. Bus services 27 operate between Monument and Heworth. We will upd

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

20 Dec 2015, 3:09 pm #1,906
Service has now resumed and trains are running between Haymarket and Heworth in both directions but are subject to delays of up to 45 mins. This was due to problem with the overhead line.  Please leave extra time for your journey.
Edited 20 Dec 2015, 3:09 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
20 Dec 2015, 3:09 pm #1,906

Service has now resumed and trains are running between Haymarket and Heworth in both directions but are subject to delays of up to 45 mins. This was due to problem with the overhead line.  Please leave extra time for your journey.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

23 Dec 2015, 12:47 pm #1,907
Tyne and Wear Metro
34 mins ·
There are delays of up to 15 mins to trains running between South Hylton and Airport due to a failed train. Please leave extra time for your journey.

Another failed train................

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 Dec 2015, 12:47 pm #1,907

Tyne and Wear Metro
34 mins ·
There are delays of up to 15 mins to trains running between South Hylton and Airport due to a failed train. Please leave extra time for your journey.

Another failed train................

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

23 Dec 2015, 6:28 pm #1,908
There are delays systemwide due to a technical fault. Delays of up to 20 mins between Airport and South Hylton Delays of up to 20 mins between St James and South Shields Delays of up to 20 mins between South Gosforth and Pelaw

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 Dec 2015, 6:28 pm #1,908

There are delays systemwide due to a technical fault. Delays of up to 20 mins between Airport and South Hylton Delays of up to 20 mins between St James and South Shields Delays of up to 20 mins between South Gosforth and Pelaw

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

23 Dec 2015, 9:25 pm #1,909
(23 Dec 2015, 9:19 pm)Richard Young Hello,

Just interested to know, has anyone requested the female Metro announcements via an FOI request - and if so, were the announcements "Change here for local/regional/national bus services; mainline & regional rail" or "this station is for Newcastle/Sunderland City Centre", included on the disc?

As I don't appear to have them included on the disc I requested.

Thank you!

I think that they don't want you to listen to a high pitched voice Tongue
omnicity4659
23 Dec 2015, 9:25 pm #1,909

Just interested to know, has anyone requested the female Metro announcements via an FOI request - and if so, were the announcements "Change here for local/regional/national bus services; mainline & regional rail" or "this station is for Newcastle/Sunderland City Centre", included on the disc?

Thank you!

I think that they don't want you to listen to a high pitched voice Tongue

Michael

27 Dec 2015, 7:52 pm #1,910
There are delays of up to 30 mins to trains running between South Hylton and Pelaw due to a trespasser. Please leave extra time for your journey.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
27 Dec 2015, 7:52 pm #1,910

There are delays of up to 30 mins to trains running between South Hylton and Pelaw due to a trespasser. Please leave extra time for your journey.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

27 Dec 2015, 8:47 pm #1,911
(27 Dec 2015, 7:52 pm)Michael There are delays of up to 30 mins to trains running between South Hylton and Pelaw due to a trespasser.  Please leave extra time for your journey.

The trespasser was an 'on-time' train. The train was held at Brockley Whins for up to 30 minutes Wink
omnicity4659
27 Dec 2015, 8:47 pm #1,911

(27 Dec 2015, 7:52 pm)Michael There are delays of up to 30 mins to trains running between South Hylton and Pelaw due to a trespasser.  Please leave extra time for your journey.

The trespasser was an 'on-time' train. The train was held at Brockley Whins for up to 30 minutes Wink

DanPicken

Banned

28 Dec 2015, 7:48 pm #1,912

Thank you!

I asked for them but never got a reply.
DanPicken
28 Dec 2015, 7:48 pm #1,912

Thank you!

I asked for them but never got a reply.

citaro5284

31 Dec 2015, 6:12 am #1,913
Good start to the morning....

Major delays to trains from Airport and The Coast - South Shields and South Hylton due to a problem with the power supply.
citaro5284
31 Dec 2015, 6:12 am #1,913

Good start to the morning....

Major delays to trains from Airport and The Coast - South Shields and South Hylton due to a problem with the power supply.

Michael

04 Jan 2016, 8:08 am #1,914
Along with delays system wide,someone haa reported:

Delay going to Haymarket due to incident at Haymarket metro platform 1.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
04 Jan 2016, 8:08 am #1,914

Along with delays system wide,someone haa reported:

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Jan 2016, 4:26 pm #1,915
(04 Jan 2016, 8:08 am)Michael Along with delays system wide,someone haa reported:

The issue this morning was apparently a "technical issue with getting trains out of the depot". The possibilities are endless, although it seems quite a few of the more pessimistic commuters have suggested this could roughly translate to "driver shortage"...

Delays this morning:

0506 South Gosforth to Park Lane - arrived Park Lane 14l, return journey to Airport departed 11l.
0508 Regent Centre (Newcastle) to South Hylton - arrived South Hylton 11l, return journey to Airport departed 11l.
0529 Regent Centre (Newcastle) to South Hylton - cancelled.
0537 Newcastle Airport to South Hylton - arrived South Hylton 8l, but was 10l at Sunderland.

Certainly not an ideal start to the morning, but could have been a lot worse!
Dan
04 Jan 2016, 4:26 pm #1,915

(04 Jan 2016, 8:08 am)Michael Along with delays system wide,someone haa reported:

The issue this morning was apparently a "technical issue with getting trains out of the depot". The possibilities are endless, although it seems quite a few of the more pessimistic commuters have suggested this could roughly translate to "driver shortage"...

Delays this morning:

0506 South Gosforth to Park Lane - arrived Park Lane 14l, return journey to Airport departed 11l.
0508 Regent Centre (Newcastle) to South Hylton - arrived South Hylton 11l, return journey to Airport departed 11l.
0529 Regent Centre (Newcastle) to South Hylton - cancelled.
0537 Newcastle Airport to South Hylton - arrived South Hylton 8l, but was 10l at Sunderland.

Certainly not an ideal start to the morning, but could have been a lot worse!

BusLoverMum

05 Jan 2016, 11:46 am #1,916
The crapness, particularly in Sunderland, hasn't gone unnoticed, unsurprisingly.
http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/local...-1-7656594
BusLoverMum
05 Jan 2016, 11:46 am #1,916

The crapness, particularly in Sunderland, hasn't gone unnoticed, unsurprisingly.
http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/local...-1-7656594

citaro5284

05 Jan 2016, 5:14 pm #1,917
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...ar_twitter

Who has got the best deal......Newcastle or Sunderland
citaro5284
05 Jan 2016, 5:14 pm #1,917

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...ar_twitter

Dan

Site Administrator

05 Jan 2016, 5:17 pm #1,918
(05 Jan 2016, 5:14 pm)citaro5284 http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...ar_twitter

The poll results at the bottom of the article are comical.

Can anyone guess which option I went for?
Dan
05 Jan 2016, 5:17 pm #1,918

(05 Jan 2016, 5:14 pm)citaro5284 http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...ar_twitter

The poll results at the bottom of the article are comical.

Can anyone guess which option I went for?

Adrian

05 Jan 2016, 5:32 pm #1,919
Only 26% think that Metro is good enough, according to that poll.

It seems that almost everybody, bar Nexus and DB, think that the Metro is an absolute joke. Only three days have I attempted to use it whilst I've been on leave over Christmas, and on each occasion there's been an issue. I feel sorry for the regular commuters.

I do wish that Nexus had kept their own discussion forum open, as some of the comments on there these days would be comical. Hopefully they'll just read through this thread instead.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
05 Jan 2016, 5:32 pm #1,919

Only 26% think that Metro is good enough, according to that poll.

It seems that almost everybody, bar Nexus and DB, think that the Metro is an absolute joke. Only three days have I attempted to use it whilst I've been on leave over Christmas, and on each occasion there's been an issue. I feel sorry for the regular commuters.

I do wish that Nexus had kept their own discussion forum open, as some of the comments on there these days would be comical. Hopefully they'll just read through this thread instead.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Michael

05 Jan 2016, 6:22 pm #1,920
Tyne and Wear Metro

There are delays of up to 15 mins to trains running between Airport and South Hylton due to flooding. Please leave extra time for your journey.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 Jan 2016, 6:22 pm #1,920

Tyne and Wear Metro

There are delays of up to 15 mins to trains running between Airport and South Hylton due to flooding. Please leave extra time for your journey.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (146) Previous 195 96 97146 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average