Menu

Pages (34)    112 13 1434   
BusLoverMum   18 Jan 2016, 7:57 pm
The scrum in Durham Wilko's, this morning, when they reduced all their Christmas tat to 10p, in advance of the store moving to the Arnison Centre.

There was a couple at the next till with 4 Christmas trees and 2 massive bags of baubles, garlands etc. They spent £4.80.
S813 FVK   18 Jan 2016, 8:03 pm
(18 Jan 2016, 7:57 pm)BusLoverMum wrote The scrum in Durham Wilko's, this morning, when they reduced all their Christmas tat to 10p, in advance of the store moving to the Arnison Centre.

There was a couple at the next till with 4 Christmas trees and 2 massive bags of baubles, garlands etc. They spent £4.80.

The store at the Arnison Centre is open now. Along where Pound Stretchers used to be.
Adrian   18 Jan 2016, 8:03 pm
(18 Jan 2016, 7:57 pm)BusLoverMum wrote The scrum in Durham Wilko's, this morning, when they reduced all their Christmas tat to 10p, in advance of the store moving to the Arnison Centre.

Durham Wilkos is moving?? Sad

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   18 Jan 2016, 8:13 pm
(18 Jan 2016, 8:03 pm)S813 FVK wrote The store at the Arnison Centre is open now. Along where Pound Stretchers used to be.

It's been there at least a few months now, was there the last time I ventured up there.

(18 Jan 2016, 8:03 pm)Adrian wrote Durham Wilkos is moving?? Sad

I quite like Wilko just because it's somewhere else to get a single can or bottle of Pepsi or whatever as it's annoying getting two from Poundland at times.

Durham seems to becoming a waste of space, to me at least, seems to be nothing but flaming coffee shops. There is very little of intrest to me there now, although there is a That's Entertainment and CeX now.
BusLoverMum   18 Jan 2016, 8:24 pm
(18 Jan 2016, 8:13 pm)Jimmi wrote It's been there at least a few months now, was there the last time I ventured up there.

I quite like Wilko just because it's somewhere else to get a single can or bottle of Pepsi or whatever as it's annoying getting two from Poundland at times.

Durham seems to becoming a waste of space, to me at least, seems to be nothing but flaming coffee shops. There is very little of intrest to me there now, although there is a That's Entertainment and CeX now.

Of all the places I don't need a decent coffee shop, it's the one 20 minutes from home! I'm meeting a friend there, next week, mind, so I'm determined to get to one I've not tried before. I fancied a coffee, this morning, and got a passable but nicely hot mug of instant while I had my hair cut.

The Gates is emptying out anyhow, though, as it's been sold to be re-developed after going bust. I still miss Waitrose.
BusLoverMum   18 Jan 2016, 8:28 pm
(18 Jan 2016, 8:03 pm)Adrian wrote Durham Wilkos is moving?? Sad

This week, yes. Into the old Poundstretcher unit. Slightly disappointed as the Durham City one was convenient and massive. I hate the Peterlee one and Sunderland is just a bit too far away from an unplanned "I need so and so" outing.
Jimmi   18 Jan 2016, 8:33 pm
(18 Jan 2016, 8:24 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Of all the places I don't need a decent coffee shop, it's the one 20 minutes from home! I'm meeting a friend there, next week, mind, so I'm determined to get to one I've not tried before. I fancied a coffee, this morning, and got a passable but nicely hot mug of instant while I had my hair cut.

The Gates is emptying out anyhow, though, as it's been sold to be re-developed after going bust. I still miss Waitrose.
Wonder what will happen to Poundland if all the shops in the Gate close which looks like it will happen, especially as I think they closeed the store in the unit that was previously occupied by HMV which along with what was previously River Island.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   18 Jan 2016, 8:37 pm
(18 Jan 2016, 8:33 pm)Jimmi wrote Wonder what will happen to Poundland if all the shops in the Gate close which looks like it will happen, especially as I think they closeed the store in the unit that was previously occupied by HMV which along with what was previously River Island.

I'm puzzled about that, too. I was expecting them to re-locate to the one in Prince Bishops. The rent must have been too high, with it being a prime spot.

Even though the Gates store is a busy one, it wouldn't surprise me if they closed and re-directed people to the Arnison store. I'll have to go elsewhere for toothbrushes and rice pudding.
Andreos1   18 Jan 2016, 9:12 pm
(18 Jan 2016, 8:13 pm)Jimmi wrote It's been there at least a few months now, was there the last time I ventured up there.

I went up there a few days before Christmas thinking it was still Home Bargains (you can tell how often I go there!) and they were still doing it out.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
BusLoverMum   18 Jan 2016, 9:18 pm
Big'un has given up trying to build this. Husband isn't doing much better.
Attached Files
.jpg
industry.jpg (Size 291.95 KB Downloads 24)
citaro5284   18 Jan 2016, 9:30 pm
(18 Jan 2016, 9:18 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Big'un has given up trying to build this. Husband isn't doing much better.

I bet dad give up before big'un.  Get little'un on the case, he will have it cracked in no time.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   18 Jan 2016, 9:34 pm
(18 Jan 2016, 9:30 pm)citaro5284 wrote I bet dad give up before big'un.  Get little'un on the case, he will have it cracked in no time.

It has to live on top of the kitchen cupboards when it's not being fiddled with. It's already demolishing itself without littl'un's help.
BusLoverMum   18 Jan 2016, 9:37 pm
Husband has given up and has been perusing Gumtree Big Grin
https://www.gumtree.com/p/freebies/compa...1151026927
Diamond One   18 Jan 2016, 10:59 pm
saw a funny reg plate today that said OMG in it i was like OMG its a crap vehicle namely a Dart
Davie   18 Jan 2016, 11:04 pm
(18 Jan 2016, 10:59 pm)Diamond One wrote saw a funny reg plate today that said OMG in it i was like OMG its a crap vehicle namely a Dart
Most Dart's are ok imo.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Diamond One   18 Jan 2016, 11:08 pm
(18 Jan 2016, 11:04 pm)Davie wrote Most Dart's are ok imo.

I once saw a mini truck having a rude number plate on in 2008 it said CO04 CK
Davie   18 Jan 2016, 11:09 pm
(18 Jan 2016, 11:08 pm)Diamond One wrote I once saw a mini truck having a rude number plate on in 2008 it said CO04 CK
There's a Police van and thr reg plate is KN62OBB.
Diamond One   18 Jan 2016, 11:11 pm
(18 Jan 2016, 11:09 pm)Davie wrote There's a Police van and thr reg plate is KN62OBB.

Often get rude number plates but I managed a photo of this particular Dart by Stagecoach it should be on Flickr Probs later this week
Davie   18 Jan 2016, 11:12 pm
(18 Jan 2016, 11:11 pm)Diamond One wrote Often get rude number plates but I managed a photo of this particular Dart by Stagecoach it should be on Flickr Probs later this week
Go North East's 4967's (?) reg is canny rude.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   18 Jan 2016, 11:18 pm
(18 Jan 2016, 11:04 pm)Davie wrote Most Dart's are ok imo.
I used to like Darts, although I stopped liking them so much when I started college as it was no fun standing at a bus stop waiting for the bus that would often not turn up, then we got them sodding X---GGO registered Darts which I am now happy to hear they are going to the scrap bin. These are the reason I stop favouring the older Darts and also Prestige's because of the poor reliability which became a pain in the arse trying to get places I needed to be. Must be said I do actually kind of miss them (not the X---GGO Darts, my knees are hurting just thinking of the poor leg room).
Diamond One   18 Jan 2016, 11:56 pm
(18 Jan 2016, 11:12 pm)Davie wrote Go North East's 4967's (?) reg is canny rude.

it isn't rude i don't think any number plates within Go North East have been rude
BusLoverMum   19 Jan 2016, 12:20 am
(18 Jan 2016, 11:08 pm)Diamond One wrote I once saw a mini truck having a rude number plate on in 2008 it said CO04 CK

Someone in our village had VU62 LVA
Davie   19 Jan 2016, 9:51 am
(18 Jan 2016, 11:18 pm)Jimmi wrote I used to like Darts, although I stopped liking them so much when I started college as it was no fun standing at a bus stop waiting for the bus that would often not turn up, then we got them sodding X---GGO registered Darts which I am now happy to hear they are going to the scrap bin. These are the reason I stop favouring the older Darts and also Prestige's because of the poor reliability which became a pain in the arse trying to get places I needed to be. Must be said I do actually kind of miss them (not the X---GGO Darts, my knees are hurting just thinking of the poor leg room).

I can't say I ever rode them Dart's, but I loved the SPD's and some MPD's. I also loved the Prestige's.
(18 Jan 2016, 11:56 pm)Diamond One wrote it isn't rude i don't think any number plates within Go North East have been rude
I was refering to NK63UNT, which isn't rude but is simillar to a swear word.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rapidsnap   19 Jan 2016, 6:11 pm
Ah yes, the registration of 4967, noticed it when it was brand new, not sure how they got away with it or the fact it hasn't been changed.

Amusingly, if you re-arrange the letters on the registration of the Wright Streetdeck thats lurking around produces the same swear word.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Andreos1   19 Jan 2016, 6:22 pm
(19 Jan 2016, 6:11 pm)GMitchelhill wrote Ah yes, the registration of 4967, noticed it when it was brand new, not sure how they got away with it or the fact it hasn't been changed.

Amusingly, if you re-arrange the letters on the registration of the Wright Streetdeck thats lurking around produces the same swear word.

The 69A always made me chuckle. Especially when saying the A in its lower case.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Rapidsnap   19 Jan 2016, 7:00 pm
East Kent had a batch of MCW Metrobus Mk2s with the registrations being F-EKM.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
NK53 TKT   20 Jan 2016, 4:47 pm
http://youtu.be/gnEcJyjkYD4
It is hilarious
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   21 Jan 2016, 3:55 pm
Littl'un enjoys a good singsong on the way home. It's a good job most of the village is familiar with us, or else we'd get more funny looks than we already do.

Today's entertainment was seasonal classics like "We wish you a merry Pissmas" and "Oh Pissmas tree."

His speech delay is, just sometimes (when it's not breaking our hearts) the gift that keeps on giving Big Grin

(And of course I joined in! It would have been rude not to!)
BusLoverMum   26 Jan 2016, 9:32 am
Mind boggling traffic news of the day:

Take a look at @ChronicleTravel's Tweet: https://twitter.com/ChronicleTravel/stat...88384?s=09
Pages (34)    112 13 1434