Menu

Pages (98)    171 72 7398   
Jimmi   31 Mar 2016, 11:26 am
(31 Mar 2016, 10:50 am)idiot wrote As a cyclist I would love this to work but the infrastructure isn't there and is too limited it wont work.

Wheelchairs and pushchairs don't use the correct bay is that enforced? No! Bet you cycles will be enforced.
Dare bet it will be like it is on buses where the space for bikes will be taken up by people with buggies who think that it's their God given right to place them there, much like my journey on the Weardale 101 yesterday afternoon where there was a woman with lots of luggage in the wheelchair bay and then a woman got on with a buggy and argued with the old woman with the luggage.
BusLoverMum   01 Apr 2016, 3:55 pm
Well, lovely Sad
http://media.btp.police.uk/r/12676/man_a...and_metro_

This is what I was actually looking for. The Chronicle ran this April Fool, this morning!
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...p-11119872
omnicity4659   01 Apr 2016, 3:56 pm
Monument yesterday afternoon. Announcements saying the next train had just left Meadow Well at this point.

.jpg
12921877_1588400581479260_1277908133_o.jpg (Size 335.92 KB Downloads 27)
BusLoverMum   01 Apr 2016, 3:57 pm
(31 Mar 2016, 11:26 am)Jimmi wrote Dare bet it will be like it is on buses where the space for bikes will be taken up by people with buggies who think that it's their God given right to place them there, much like my journey on the Weardale 101 yesterday afternoon where there was a woman with lots of luggage in the wheelchair bay and then a woman got on with a buggy and argued with the old woman with the luggage.

Mumsnet would tell her straight: first come first served.

And neither have a legitimate right over a wheelchair, though a recent case has rendered that pretty much unenforceable.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   04 Apr 2016, 1:59 pm
Please take a few minutes to complete this survey on your Metro services - https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/NewcastleMetro2016FB

This will be interesting!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Coppercap40   04 Apr 2016, 4:32 pm
Been stuck at pelaw for 20 mins on train x sland
Adrian   04 Apr 2016, 4:33 pm
(04 Apr 2016, 1:59 pm)Michael wrote Please take a few minutes to complete this survey on your Metro services - https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/NewcastleMetro2016FB

This will be interesting!

Like sh*te will they publish the results though. Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Michael   04 Apr 2016, 4:38 pm
(04 Apr 2016, 4:33 pm)Adrian wrote Like sh*te will they publish the results though. Smile

Ye, i can imagine the results will be fiddled with!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
omnicity4659   04 Apr 2016, 8:55 pm
Copied this from my post on Sort out the Metro:

I was at Monument for about an hour at about 1700. So, here's my review of today's delays.

I boarded a Pelaw-bound train at West Jesmond, the train then got held at a red signal outside of Jesmond (the driver apologised), and we were away shortly afterwards. There was an unusually large crowd at the northbound platform at Jesmond. The southbound platforms were just full of the usual passengers who didn't wish to board the Pelaw train. The train paused for a few minutes at Jesmond.

On arrival at Haymarket, the screens were showing "South Shields" as the train currently sat there, I could hear Metro staff shouting for passengers to stand back from the edge of the platform, the driver also made an announcement to the passengers. Yet again, the train was being held for a few minutes.

On arrival at Monument, I left the train to try and head back north to catch a bus at Regent Centre, as there wouldn't be much of my day left if the train would keep going on like that! An announcement was made about a failed train in the Gateshead area and how there were delays of 20 minutes, a female inspector was running back and forwards from the north and south platforms and I overheard her say to another passenger "no trains through platform 2". A few more southbound trains passed through, and then a train with no lights on or electronic displays passed through northbound. Another announcement was made saying that there was a broken down train at Haymarket. Another northbound train came in and everyone was de-trained. That train sat for a few minutes before presumably going to push the failed train to the depot.

An Airport train then arrived, most passengers on the platform boarded that, a few rude gits even pushed past me and other passengers stood in the doorway where there was no room. I was getting very uncomfortable with some people boarding standing where the doors would close on them (common sense?!) breathing down my neck.

The Metro woman then said to a passenger that this train wouldn't be going anywhere, 20 minutes after the train had already been standing there. A few people left the train at this point.

About 35 minutes in to the train being sat at the station, an announcement was made about all services being suspended in both directions and that tickets were being accepted on certain Arriva bus routes.

When I passed Regent Centre on the way home, a large number of people boarded buses there. Presumably the Metros were off there too heading into town.
Michael   15 Apr 2016, 7:53 am
Minor delays to trains from South Hylton - Airport due to a problem with the power supply on Network Rail.

Hopefully its cleared later..

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   15 Apr 2016, 6:25 pm
Wasn't sure where to put this, as its both Metro and Politics but anyway:

Washington Metro Petition

http://www.sharonhodgson.org/washington_...r_id=42539

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
JP6004   16 Apr 2016, 3:30 pm
When are they starting refurbishment of Heworth. Thought it was supposed to be starting this month
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
LeeCalder   16 Apr 2016, 5:10 pm
(15 Apr 2016, 6:25 pm)Michael wrote Wasn't sure where to put this, as its both Metro and Politics but anyway:

Washington Metro Petition

http://www.sharonhodgson.org/washington_...r_id=42539

Sharon Hodgson has tried this each year for at least the last four, and each time has got nowhere at all.
Michael   17 Apr 2016, 10:02 am
(16 Apr 2016, 5:10 pm)LeeCalder wrote Sharon Hodgson has tried this each year for at least the last four, and each time has got nowhere at all.

She has, to me its pointless, it won't happen because the Government would rather locate the money to London, as they can afford to build Crossrail and HS2 (although not started) and now they're planning extensions for Crossrail...but nothing for the Tyne and Wear metro?

London wants, London gets, yes its the capital but that isn't the point, money should be spread around the country.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
BJ10VUS   17 Apr 2016, 11:45 am
(16 Apr 2016, 3:30 pm)JP6004 wrote When are they starting refurbishment of Heworth. Thought it was supposed to be starting this month

December 2015 according to Nexus! But in all seriousness, I think it is due to start within the next month or so...  Angel
http://www.nexus.org.uk/news/item/nexus-...-12-months
Dan   17 Apr 2016, 11:46 am
(17 Apr 2016, 11:45 am)BJ10VUS wrote December 2015 according to Nexus! But in all seriousness, I think it is due to start within the next month or so...  Angel
http://www.nexus.org.uk/news/item/nexus-...-12-months

Refurbishment delayed, Metro apologises.  Rolleyes
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BJ10VUS   17 Apr 2016, 11:51 am
(17 Apr 2016, 11:46 am)Dan wrote Refurbishment delayed, Metro apologises.  Rolleyes

I hope Metro Ken is ashamed of himself!
Adrian   17 Apr 2016, 11:59 am
(17 Apr 2016, 10:02 am)Michael wrote She has, to me its pointless, it won't happen because the Government would rather locate the money to London, as they can afford to build Crossrail and HS2 (although not started) and now they're planning extensions for Crossrail...but nothing for the Tyne and Wear metro?

London wants, London gets, yes its the capital but that isn't the point, money should be spread around the country.

You can't compare London to the Tyne and Wear Metro though. The footfall in London justifies Crossrail 1 & 2, and the Tube is well over capacity (and actually at breaking point) during peak times. Almost 87 million entries/exits at Victoria alone during 2014, which is over double of what used the entire Tyne and Wear Metro system in 2015 - around 40 million...

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Michael   18 Apr 2016, 11:52 am
(18 Apr 2016, 8:14 am)BusLoverMum wrote Oh dear.
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...t-11200308

Oh dear, its not a good day at all

Reports of a power failure at East Boldon now!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ambassador   18 Apr 2016, 9:30 pm
Archaic system under archaic management struggling under the weight of even minor demand....

No surprises really

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Andreos1   18 Apr 2016, 10:06 pm
Has anyone seen the clip doing the rounds of the blokes on the platform (somewhere on North Tyneside), kicking off at a passenger on the train?

Swearing, fist pumping, head banging and spitting.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Michael   18 Apr 2016, 10:32 pm
(18 Apr 2016, 10:06 pm)Andreos1 wrote Has anyone seen the clip doing the rounds of the blokes on the platform (somewhere on North Tyneside), kicking off at a passenger on the train?

Swearing, fist pumping, head banging and spitting.

Seen it a few times, few people said the video was filmed at Meadow Well... Doesn't surprise me.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   21 Apr 2016, 7:43 am
Normal day on the metro:

There are delays of up to 15 mins to trains running between South Shields and St James due to a problem with the power supply. Please leave extra time for your journey.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Davie   21 Apr 2016, 8:03 am
(21 Apr 2016, 7:43 am)Michael wrote Normal day on the metro:

There are delays of up to 15 mins to trains running between South Shields and St James due to a problem with the power supply.  Please leave extra time for your journey.

Only 15 minutes? That's good for the Metro!
Andreos1   21 Apr 2016, 8:14 am
It appears Metro may be let out again in the future.

NEPO have a tender advertising 'legal services in the letting of the next Metro Concession'.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Michael   21 Apr 2016, 9:21 am
Minor delays between Central Station and the coast via South Gosforth due to an overhead line fault and a train being withdrawn from service. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   22 Apr 2016, 12:43 pm
Train services are disrupted due to an earlier train failure at Central Station. Trains are running but we currently have delays of up to 30 mins to trains running between Central Station and South Shields and South Hylton. Whilst trains are running they are not to timetable and passengers should leave extra time for their journey.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BJ10VUS   24 Apr 2016, 1:08 pm
It's not a major thing, but after travelling on the Metro yesterday, I've noticed that the wording is a bit funny on the announcement leaving St James. If you're local, it probably wouldn't matter, but if you're a visitor to the area, it could be a bit confusing?

"This train is for all stations to South Shields. Next station is Monument, change here for trains to South Shields, South Hylton, Airport and Whitley Bay via Four Lane Ends, and local bus services."
Michael   25 Apr 2016, 9:49 pm
Wonder if this problem will be sorted for tomorrow, this is off earlier:

Some peak time Metro services are cancelled today due to a shortage of available trains. While most services will run as normal, those between Pelaw and Monkseaton or Regent Centre may be cancelled. As a result trains will be busier than usual.  We're sorry for any inconvenience.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Pages (98)    171 72 7398