Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Service Changes - January 2020

Service Changes - January 2020

Service Changes - January 2020

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Pages (11) Previous 17 8 911 Next
29 Dec 2019, 6:52 pm #141
(29 Dec 2019, 6:50 pm)JP6004 Well to be fair Nexus' idea of an Express lounge is like bridge cafe in the Apprentice.....I think they should knock down Gateshead Interchange and start again

At least the visit to the lounge is more express than the X21!

I don't think Gateshead Interchange is too bad, if anything needs knocked down and started again it's Durham Bus Station! That thing's leakier than some of the StreetDecks!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
29 Dec 2019, 6:52 pm #141

(29 Dec 2019, 6:50 pm)JP6004 Well to be fair Nexus' idea of an Express lounge is like bridge cafe in the Apprentice.....I think they should knock down Gateshead Interchange and start again

At least the visit to the lounge is more express than the X21!

I don't think Gateshead Interchange is too bad, if anything needs knocked down and started again it's Durham Bus Station! That thing's leakier than some of the StreetDecks!

cbma06

29 Dec 2019, 6:54 pm #142
(29 Dec 2019, 6:52 pm)streetdeckfan At least the visit to the lounge is more express than the X21!

What ever happened about the plans of building a new bus station at Durham, was it just all fantasy in the councillors eyes , or did the council needed to use the money to build themselves a nice new HQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should get mega movers out and shift Gateshead Interchange to Sunderland , Sunderland Interchange is just a shambles and needs knocking down.

Edited 29 Dec 2019, 6:57 pm by cbma06.

cbma06
29 Dec 2019, 6:54 pm #142

(29 Dec 2019, 6:52 pm)streetdeckfan At least the visit to the lounge is more express than the X21!

What ever happened about the plans of building a new bus station at Durham, was it just all fantasy in the councillors eyes , or did the council needed to use the money to build themselves a nice new HQ.

Should get mega movers out and shift Gateshead Interchange to Sunderland , Sunderland Interchange is just a shambles and needs knocking down.

29 Dec 2019, 7:18 pm #143
(29 Dec 2019, 6:54 pm)cbma06 What ever happened about the plans of building a new bus station at Durham, was it just all fantasy in the councillors eyes , or did the council needed to use the money to build themselves a nice new HQ.

I think we all know the answer to that one!

According to the Durham Council website, they are hoping to get the plans for the new station in and the old one knocked down in April and the new one built by July 2021,
https://www.durham.gov.uk/durhambusstation

I've heard rumours recently that they'll be closing Bishop Auckland Bus Station and moving it to Tindale Crescent once the new bowling alley and cinema get built (if that ever happens, they were supposed to start construction in October but nowt's happened yet!)
streetdeckfan
29 Dec 2019, 7:18 pm #143

(29 Dec 2019, 6:54 pm)cbma06 What ever happened about the plans of building a new bus station at Durham, was it just all fantasy in the councillors eyes , or did the council needed to use the money to build themselves a nice new HQ.

I think we all know the answer to that one!

According to the Durham Council website, they are hoping to get the plans for the new station in and the old one knocked down in April and the new one built by July 2021,

I've heard rumours recently that they'll be closing Bishop Auckland Bus Station and moving it to Tindale Crescent once the new bowling alley and cinema get built (if that ever happens, they were supposed to start construction in October but nowt's happened yet!)

Michael

29 Dec 2019, 7:20 pm #144

Park lane is horrendous, its a wind tunnel and its just shaped wrong, could of just had it the way the old Interchange was.

Should of 2 rows of Bus stands, buses would of came in from the current way, out by the where the college is, and then go towards Port of call on to Holmeside.

Paving all that section along next to Port of call was a wrong move in my eyes.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
29 Dec 2019, 7:20 pm #144

Park lane is horrendous, its a wind tunnel and its just shaped wrong, could of just had it the way the old Interchange was.

Should of 2 rows of Bus stands, buses would of came in from the current way, out by the where the college is, and then go towards Port of call on to Holmeside.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

cbma06

29 Dec 2019, 7:30 pm #145
(29 Dec 2019, 7:20 pm)Michael Park lane is horrendous, its a wind tunnel and its just shaped wrong, could of just had it the way the old Interchange was.

Originally there were 2 proposed sites for the new bus station, one of the proposals was on the site where Debenhams and car park is now and the buses would enter from green terrace in rows and exit out onto crowtree road which would of fitted in well with the extension of the bridges shopping centre, the second proposal was where it got built and was favoured by the councillors next door at the civic centre and also in twinned with the metro system.

cbma06
29 Dec 2019, 7:30 pm #145

(29 Dec 2019, 7:20 pm)Michael Park lane is horrendous, its a wind tunnel and its just shaped wrong, could of just had it the way the old Interchange was.

Originally there were 2 proposed sites for the new bus station, one of the proposals was on the site where Debenhams and car park is now and the buses would enter from green terrace in rows and exit out onto crowtree road which would of fitted in well with the extension of the bridges shopping centre, the second proposal was where it got built and was favoured by the councillors next door at the civic centre and also in twinned with the metro system.

2bagstew

29 Dec 2019, 7:33 pm #146
(29 Dec 2019, 7:18 pm)streetdeckfan I think we all know the answer to that one!

The planning permission has already been sort.
It’s they layout of the bus stops on North Road that will be the biggest problem.

Sent from my iPhone 8+ using Tapatalk
2bagstew
29 Dec 2019, 7:33 pm #146

(29 Dec 2019, 7:18 pm)streetdeckfan I think we all know the answer to that one!

The planning permission has already been sort.
It’s they layout of the bus stops on North Road that will be the biggest problem.

29 Dec 2019, 7:48 pm #147
(29 Dec 2019, 7:33 pm)2bagstew The planning permission has already been sort.

If they had a bus station that was capable of holding buses, there would be no need for the stops on North Road.

For me the main issue with DBS is the size rather than the dilapidated state. 
At the minute Durham Bus Station is far too small for the amount of buses that use it. Not long back, I was on the X21 and we had to go round 3 or 4 times because there was no stand available. It's not uncommon to see a 21 or X21 parked at the end with passengers having to walk in front of the buses at stand L
streetdeckfan
29 Dec 2019, 7:48 pm #147

(29 Dec 2019, 7:33 pm)2bagstew The planning permission has already been sort.

If they had a bus station that was capable of holding buses, there would be no need for the stops on North Road.

At the minute Durham Bus Station is far too small for the amount of buses that use it. Not long back, I was on the X21 and we had to go round 3 or 4 times because there was no stand available. It's not uncommon to see a 21 or X21 parked at the end with passengers having to walk in front of the buses at stand L

Dan

Site Administrator

29 Dec 2019, 7:54 pm #148
(29 Dec 2019, 6:48 pm)streetdeckfan On another note, hopefully with these upcoming changes, we might eventually get our NSAs back!

Might just leave them disabled, just for you... How would you cope if you had one less thing to twist about?
Dan
29 Dec 2019, 7:54 pm #148

(29 Dec 2019, 6:48 pm)streetdeckfan On another note, hopefully with these upcoming changes, we might eventually get our NSAs back!

Might just leave them disabled, just for you... How would you cope if you had one less thing to twist about?

29 Dec 2019, 8:01 pm #149
(29 Dec 2019, 7:54 pm)Dan Might just leave them disabled, just for you... How would you cope if you had one less thing to twist about?

I'd pick something else of my list of things that irritate me! I could go back to whining about the app, or the lack of multi operator tickets in County Durham, or my dislike for the placement of the white stripe on the E400s.

The list is literally endless!
streetdeckfan
29 Dec 2019, 8:01 pm #149

(29 Dec 2019, 7:54 pm)Dan Might just leave them disabled, just for you... How would you cope if you had one less thing to twist about?

I'd pick something else of my list of things that irritate me! I could go back to whining about the app, or the lack of multi operator tickets in County Durham, or my dislike for the placement of the white stripe on the E400s.

cbma06

29 Dec 2019, 8:03 pm #150
(29 Dec 2019, 7:48 pm)streetdeckfan If they had a bus station that was capable of holding buses, there would be no need for the stops on North Road.

Was there an Arriva bus parked on the stand?, when I’ve been at DBS waiting for a bus there’s always a arriva bus on the stand where the driver has just plonked it on the wrong stand as the driver wants to get off from doing a shift and the bus I’m waiting for has to go onto another stand even 2 stands away and I’m telling the passengers in front that the bus there waiting for is 2 stands away, it’s to congested

(29 Dec 2019, 8:01 pm)streetdeckfan I'd pick something else of my list of things that irritate me! I could go back to whining about the app, or the lack of multi operator tickets in County Durham, or my dislike for the placement of the white stripe on the E400s.

It’s called an explorer ticket

I was told by DCC quite a few years ago DCC wanted some kind of network ticketing sort of thing like what’s in T&W, but Arriva and GNE need to talk to each over with DCC and it came to no avail, some one might know more

Edited 29 Dec 2019, 8:08 pm by cbma06.

cbma06
29 Dec 2019, 8:03 pm #150

(29 Dec 2019, 7:48 pm)streetdeckfan If they had a bus station that was capable of holding buses, there would be no need for the stops on North Road.

Was there an Arriva bus parked on the stand?, when I’ve been at DBS waiting for a bus there’s always a arriva bus on the stand where the driver has just plonked it on the wrong stand as the driver wants to get off from doing a shift and the bus I’m waiting for has to go onto another stand even 2 stands away and I’m telling the passengers in front that the bus there waiting for is 2 stands away, it’s to congested

(29 Dec 2019, 8:01 pm)streetdeckfan I'd pick something else of my list of things that irritate me! I could go back to whining about the app, or the lack of multi operator tickets in County Durham, or my dislike for the placement of the white stripe on the E400s.

I was told by DCC quite a few years ago DCC wanted some kind of network ticketing sort of thing like what’s in T&W, but Arriva and GNE need to talk to each over with DCC and it came to no avail, some one might know more

Dan

Site Administrator

29 Dec 2019, 8:11 pm #151

For everyone's sanity... All being well, the current plan is to have the announcements re-enabled on service X21 in line with the service changes taking place on 26 January, yes.

I've purposely ignored the questions about Next Stop Announcements as I feel it's a very limited audience that's interested in them, but now some progress is being made... They'd have been re-enabled sooner, but for the past two months, there have been issues with Hanover's equipment that their software development team have had to rectify, before their field engineer could make a start on repairing the faulty systems (every single bus in the fleet, so a huge widespread issue that can't be fixed overnight). This is also the same reason for the Next Stop Announcements on the new X30 buses not working. Completely out of Go North East's hands, and, as with all suppliers, you're on a waiting list.

Providing all of these issues are fixed in time, announcements will be programmed for:
- 1/1A/1B
- 2/2A
- 6/6A
- 8/8A
- 10/10A/10B/10X
- 12/12A
- 13/14
- 16/16A
- 26/27
- 28/28A/28B
- 30/31/32
- 33/33A (Sunderland)
- 33/33A (Newcastle)
- 34/34A
- 35/35A
- 38/38C
- 39/39A
- 40/41
- 42/42A
- 45/47
- 49/49A/49C
- 50/50A
- 53/54
- 55/55A/55X
- 58/58A
- 67/69
- 78/78A
- 81/82/83/84
- 85/86
- 90/91
- 93/94
- 97/X97
- 135/136
- 204/204A
- 209/210
- 309/310/311/X39
- 700/701
- AD122, X122
- M6/M7/M8
- N21
- N56
- Q1/Q2
- Q3
- Toon Tour
- T1/T2
- V1/V2
- V3/V3A/V4
- V5
- V9
- X1/X1A
- X5/X5A
- X6/X7
- X9/X10
- X20
- X21
- X22
- X30/X31/X32
- X45/X46/X47
- X66
- X70/X71/X72
- X84/X85
- X88
- All Metro Replacement 900/901 services
Dan
29 Dec 2019, 8:11 pm #151

For everyone's sanity... All being well, the current plan is to have the announcements re-enabled on service X21 in line with the service changes taking place on 26 January, yes.

I've purposely ignored the questions about Next Stop Announcements as I feel it's a very limited audience that's interested in them, but now some progress is being made... They'd have been re-enabled sooner, but for the past two months, there have been issues with Hanover's equipment that their software development team have had to rectify, before their field engineer could make a start on repairing the faulty systems (every single bus in the fleet, so a huge widespread issue that can't be fixed overnight). This is also the same reason for the Next Stop Announcements on the new X30 buses not working. Completely out of Go North East's hands, and, as with all suppliers, you're on a waiting list.

Providing all of these issues are fixed in time, announcements will be programmed for:
- 1/1A/1B
- 2/2A
- 6/6A
- 8/8A
- 10/10A/10B/10X
- 12/12A
- 13/14
- 16/16A
- 26/27
- 28/28A/28B
- 30/31/32
- 33/33A (Sunderland)
- 33/33A (Newcastle)
- 34/34A
- 35/35A
- 38/38C
- 39/39A
- 40/41
- 42/42A
- 45/47
- 49/49A/49C
- 50/50A
- 53/54
- 55/55A/55X
- 58/58A
- 67/69
- 78/78A
- 81/82/83/84
- 85/86
- 90/91
- 93/94
- 97/X97
- 135/136
- 204/204A
- 209/210
- 309/310/311/X39
- 700/701
- AD122, X122
- M6/M7/M8
- N21
- N56
- Q1/Q2
- Q3
- Toon Tour
- T1/T2
- V1/V2
- V3/V3A/V4
- V5
- V9
- X1/X1A
- X5/X5A
- X6/X7
- X9/X10
- X20
- X21
- X22
- X30/X31/X32
- X45/X46/X47
- X66
- X70/X71/X72
- X84/X85
- X88
- All Metro Replacement 900/901 services

Michael

29 Dec 2019, 8:20 pm #152
Is the issues with hanover, just with GNE or all over the country

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
29 Dec 2019, 8:20 pm #152

Is the issues with hanover, just with GNE or all over the country

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

29 Dec 2019, 8:24 pm #153
(29 Dec 2019, 8:20 pm)Michael Is the issues with hanover, just with GNE or all over the country

Mainly just Go North East, as there isn't another operator out there using the system quite to the extent Go North East is (the aforementioned services amount to over 900 individual journeys having been programmed), although I understand Stagecoach have faced some of these issues on their new buses for the 36/37/38 already which possibly explains why the buses on the 39/40 haven't been programmed yet.

Lothian Buses would be the next operator to be anywhere as close.
Dan
29 Dec 2019, 8:24 pm #153

(29 Dec 2019, 8:20 pm)Michael Is the issues with hanover, just with GNE or all over the country

Mainly just Go North East, as there isn't another operator out there using the system quite to the extent Go North East is (the aforementioned services amount to over 900 individual journeys having been programmed), although I understand Stagecoach have faced some of these issues on their new buses for the 36/37/38 already which possibly explains why the buses on the 39/40 haven't been programmed yet.

Michael

29 Dec 2019, 8:34 pm #154
(29 Dec 2019, 8:24 pm)Dan Mainly just Go North East, as there isn't another operator out there using the system quite to the extent Go North East is (the aforementioned services amount to over 900 individual journeys having been programmed), although I understand Stagecoach have faced some of these issues on their new buses for the 36/37/38 already which possibly explains why the buses on the 39/40 haven't been programmed yet.

Ah right thanks!, hopefully its sorted soon

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
29 Dec 2019, 8:34 pm #154

(29 Dec 2019, 8:24 pm)Dan Mainly just Go North East, as there isn't another operator out there using the system quite to the extent Go North East is (the aforementioned services amount to over 900 individual journeys having been programmed), although I understand Stagecoach have faced some of these issues on their new buses for the 36/37/38 already which possibly explains why the buses on the 39/40 haven't been programmed yet.

Ah right thanks!, hopefully its sorted soon

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

29 Dec 2019, 9:03 pm #155
(29 Dec 2019, 6:42 pm)JP6004 I know it doesn't even depart from the Express Lounge at Gateshead Interchange!
Well the 1 departs from there and that's not express at all!
michaelb
29 Dec 2019, 9:03 pm #155

(29 Dec 2019, 6:42 pm)JP6004 I know it doesn't even depart from the Express Lounge at Gateshead Interchange!
Well the 1 departs from there and that's not express at all!

29 Dec 2019, 9:16 pm #156
(29 Dec 2019, 8:03 pm)cbma06 Was there an Arriva bus parked on the stand?, when I’ve been at DBS waiting for a bus there’s always a arriva bus on the stand where the driver has just plonked it on the wrong stand as the driver wants to get off from doing a shift and the bus I’m waiting for has to go onto another stand even 2 stands away and I’m telling the passengers in front that the bus there waiting for is 2 stands away, it’s to congested

There's always an abandoned Arriva bus! 

The explorer ticket is ridiculously overpriced unless you use it as a one off. As someone who travels between between Bishop Auckland and Gateshead pretty much daily, it would probably cost me over £200 a month in tickets. If they did a weekly or a monthly ticket I might be interested, but as it is, it's cheaper to buy a GNE all zone and Arriva Durham District ticket separately.

(29 Dec 2019, 8:11 pm)Dan For everyone's sanity... All being well, the current plan is to have the announcements re-enabled on service X21 in line with the service changes taking place on 26 January, yes.

I think you've been purposely ignoring the question just to wind me up! 
In all seriousness though, it's good to hear that it should be up and running soon. 

Was the issue with Hanover caused by having so many services?
Edited 29 Dec 2019, 9:19 pm by streetdeckfan.
streetdeckfan
29 Dec 2019, 9:16 pm #156

(29 Dec 2019, 8:03 pm)cbma06 Was there an Arriva bus parked on the stand?, when I’ve been at DBS waiting for a bus there’s always a arriva bus on the stand where the driver has just plonked it on the wrong stand as the driver wants to get off from doing a shift and the bus I’m waiting for has to go onto another stand even 2 stands away and I’m telling the passengers in front that the bus there waiting for is 2 stands away, it’s to congested

There's always an abandoned Arriva bus! 

The explorer ticket is ridiculously overpriced unless you use it as a one off. As someone who travels between between Bishop Auckland and Gateshead pretty much daily, it would probably cost me over £200 a month in tickets. If they did a weekly or a monthly ticket I might be interested, but as it is, it's cheaper to buy a GNE all zone and Arriva Durham District ticket separately.

(29 Dec 2019, 8:11 pm)Dan For everyone's sanity... All being well, the current plan is to have the announcements re-enabled on service X21 in line with the service changes taking place on 26 January, yes.

I think you've been purposely ignoring the question just to wind me up! 
In all seriousness though, it's good to hear that it should be up and running soon. 

Was the issue with Hanover caused by having so many services?

Dan

Site Administrator

29 Dec 2019, 9:25 pm #157
(29 Dec 2019, 9:16 pm)streetdeckfan Was the issue with Hanover caused by having so many services?

That was one of the reasons why - and that was before some of those other services mentioned in the previous post got added to the database!

Rapidly getting to a stage where every single service is programmed, either in readiness for those services having buses allocated which have this feature, or for evenings and Sundays where buses with this feature are already (or will be) allocated.

Clearly the buses running the older systems will still be very limited in what they can do, as the programming takes five times as long, relies on a manual upload, and they don't have anywhere near as much memory to facilitate so many journeys being programmed.
Dan
29 Dec 2019, 9:25 pm #157

(29 Dec 2019, 9:16 pm)streetdeckfan Was the issue with Hanover caused by having so many services?

That was one of the reasons why - and that was before some of those other services mentioned in the previous post got added to the database!

Rapidly getting to a stage where every single service is programmed, either in readiness for those services having buses allocated which have this feature, or for evenings and Sundays where buses with this feature are already (or will be) allocated.

Clearly the buses running the older systems will still be very limited in what they can do, as the programming takes five times as long, relies on a manual upload, and they don't have anywhere near as much memory to facilitate so many journeys being programmed.

29 Dec 2019, 9:29 pm #158
(29 Dec 2019, 9:25 pm)Dan That was one of the reasons why - and that was before some of those other services mentioned in the previous post got added to the database!

Would it cost more to upgrade the older systems than it does in time having to manually upload the journeys to them?
streetdeckfan
29 Dec 2019, 9:29 pm #158

(29 Dec 2019, 9:25 pm)Dan That was one of the reasons why - and that was before some of those other services mentioned in the previous post got added to the database!

Would it cost more to upgrade the older systems than it does in time having to manually upload the journeys to them?

2bagstew

29 Dec 2019, 9:29 pm #159

It’s still the same with the network tickets now. I got the impression that DCC doesn’t want too put any money into a scheme.

2bagstew
29 Dec 2019, 9:29 pm #159

It’s still the same with the network tickets now. I got the impression that DCC doesn’t want too put any money into a scheme.

Dan

Site Administrator

29 Dec 2019, 9:30 pm #160
(29 Dec 2019, 9:29 pm)streetdeckfan Would it cost more to upgrade the older systems than it does in time having to manually upload the journeys to them?

It depends on how you look at it - there's reasons that could be argued to say no, but the short answer is yes.
Dan
29 Dec 2019, 9:30 pm #160

(29 Dec 2019, 9:29 pm)streetdeckfan Would it cost more to upgrade the older systems than it does in time having to manually upload the journeys to them?

It depends on how you look at it - there's reasons that could be argued to say no, but the short answer is yes.

Pages (11) Previous 17 8 911 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average