Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2020

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2020

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2020

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (28) Previous 120 21 2228 Next
pbjd

24 Jan 2020, 8:26 pm #401
(24 Jan 2020, 5:39 pm)streetdeckfan New timetables confirm 'The 49' brand is dead. Same with the 'Toonlink', 'Blaydon Racer', 'Metrocentre Mini', New timetable shows corporate Streetlite

I'm not at all a fan of the new timetable style, I think it looks much worse with an actual photo rather than the 'drawing'

The maps on these timetables are shambolic, 49A now serving Blaydon, 6A not serving Annfield Plain, Catchgate, Dipton, Flint Hill or Kingsway in Sunniside. M7 serving full length of Fellside Road, despite the fact that it turns onto Broadway once it enters Whickham, Tanfield Village has been relocated to East Stanley too. I would like to see the map that the commercial department/Best Impressions have been looking at when designing these maps...
pbjd
24 Jan 2020, 8:26 pm #401

(24 Jan 2020, 5:39 pm)streetdeckfan New timetables confirm 'The 49' brand is dead. Same with the 'Toonlink', 'Blaydon Racer', 'Metrocentre Mini', New timetable shows corporate Streetlite

I'm not at all a fan of the new timetable style, I think it looks much worse with an actual photo rather than the 'drawing'

The maps on these timetables are shambolic, 49A now serving Blaydon, 6A not serving Annfield Plain, Catchgate, Dipton, Flint Hill or Kingsway in Sunniside. M7 serving full length of Fellside Road, despite the fact that it turns onto Broadway once it enters Whickham, Tanfield Village has been relocated to East Stanley too. I would like to see the map that the commercial department/Best Impressions have been looking at when designing these maps...

S813 FVK

24 Jan 2020, 8:31 pm #402
(24 Jan 2020, 8:26 pm)pbjd The maps on these timetables are shambolic, 49A now serving Blaydon, 6A not serving Annfield Plain, Catchgate, Dipton or Kingsway in Sunniside. M7 serving full length of Fellside Road, despite the fact that it turns onto Broadway once it enter Whickham, Tanfield Village has been relocated to East Stanley too. I would like to see the map that the commercial department/Best Impressions have been looking at when designing these maps...

Got there before me!

The size of some of the route numbers on the front covers are poor too. It's not something I really noticed until I viewed the 21 timetable... seemed to have managed with the 97 though.

Overall, not a good start.
S813 FVK
24 Jan 2020, 8:31 pm #402

(24 Jan 2020, 8:26 pm)pbjd The maps on these timetables are shambolic, 49A now serving Blaydon, 6A not serving Annfield Plain, Catchgate, Dipton or Kingsway in Sunniside. M7 serving full length of Fellside Road, despite the fact that it turns onto Broadway once it enter Whickham, Tanfield Village has been relocated to East Stanley too. I would like to see the map that the commercial department/Best Impressions have been looking at when designing these maps...

Got there before me!

The size of some of the route numbers on the front covers are poor too. It's not something I really noticed until I viewed the 21 timetable... seemed to have managed with the 97 though.

Overall, not a good start.

24 Jan 2020, 9:21 pm #403
New timetables are absolutely dreadful. I can safely say I'm disgusted.

(24 Jan 2020, 8:10 pm)Wybus Yes I’m not a fan of the changes being made with GNE.

The extensive branding and the designs used were unique to GNE, there was nothing quite like it anywhere else.

Now half the brands are being discontinued, and the other half including X Lines are turning into a carbon copy Best Impressions style that is used up and down the country, much less brash and fun like GNE always was, and more corporate looking. This includes the new style of timetables. It all looks near identical to Transdev Blazefield for one.

Ultimately it’s going to be like many operators where a few corridors are branded and everything else is in standard livery.

I completely agree; they're going downhill and I'm absolutely gutted.
Edited 24 Jan 2020, 9:24 pm by BeachBoy99.
BeachBoy99
24 Jan 2020, 9:21 pm #403

New timetables are absolutely dreadful. I can safely say I'm disgusted.

(24 Jan 2020, 8:10 pm)Wybus Yes I’m not a fan of the changes being made with GNE.

The extensive branding and the designs used were unique to GNE, there was nothing quite like it anywhere else.

Now half the brands are being discontinued, and the other half including X Lines are turning into a carbon copy Best Impressions style that is used up and down the country, much less brash and fun like GNE always was, and more corporate looking. This includes the new style of timetables. It all looks near identical to Transdev Blazefield for one.

Ultimately it’s going to be like many operators where a few corridors are branded and everything else is in standard livery.

I completely agree; they're going downhill and I'm absolutely gutted.

Michael

24 Jan 2020, 9:34 pm #404
Its 2020, not 2006 (when branding was launched on a full scale), people move on, but in this case, its a bus company which has moved on.

Glad they've got rid of half of the brands, half of them were either stupid or pointless, hope they continue to drop brands.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
24 Jan 2020, 9:34 pm #404

Its 2020, not 2006 (when branding was launched on a full scale), people move on, but in this case, its a bus company which has moved on.

Glad they've got rid of half of the brands, half of them were either stupid or pointless, hope they continue to drop brands.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

24 Jan 2020, 10:01 pm #405
(24 Jan 2020, 9:34 pm)Michael Its 2020, not 2006 (when branding was launched on a full scale), people move on, but in this case, its a bus company which has moved on.

Bet you're fun at parties.
BeachBoy99
24 Jan 2020, 10:01 pm #405

(24 Jan 2020, 9:34 pm)Michael Its 2020, not 2006 (when branding was launched on a full scale), people move on, but in this case, its a bus company which has moved on.

Bet you're fun at parties.

Michael

24 Jan 2020, 10:09 pm #406
(24 Jan 2020, 10:01 pm)BeachBoy99 Bet you're fun at parties.

....my point still stands.

All people do on this forum is moan about GNE, (maybe i do sometimes) but some people just do it for the sake of it.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
24 Jan 2020, 10:09 pm #406

(24 Jan 2020, 10:01 pm)BeachBoy99 Bet you're fun at parties.

....my point still stands.

All people do on this forum is moan about GNE, (maybe i do sometimes) but some people just do it for the sake of it.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

24 Jan 2020, 10:12 pm #407
(24 Jan 2020, 10:09 pm)Michael ....my point still stands.

All people do on this forum is moan about GNE,  (maybe i do sometimes) but some people just do it for the sake of it.

Actually I don't moan about them, but these changes are dreadful with the timetables looking like a kid has Photoshopped them. And the decline of brands just makes GNE as rubbish as many of the other bus operators in the country.
BeachBoy99
24 Jan 2020, 10:12 pm #407

All people do on this forum is moan about GNE,  (maybe i do sometimes) but some people just do it for the sake of it.

Actually I don't moan about them, but these changes are dreadful with the timetables looking like a kid has Photoshopped them. And the decline of brands just makes GNE as rubbish as many of the other bus operators in the country.

Michael

24 Jan 2020, 10:17 pm #408
(24 Jan 2020, 10:12 pm)BeachBoy99 Actually I don't moan about them, but these changes are dreadful with the timetables looking like a kid has Photoshopped them. And the decline of brands just makes GNE as rubbish as many of the other bus operators in the country.

They're a company they don't have to make enthusiasts happy. Their job is to move people about not to make bus spotters happy.....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
24 Jan 2020, 10:17 pm #408

(24 Jan 2020, 10:12 pm)BeachBoy99 Actually I don't moan about them, but these changes are dreadful with the timetables looking like a kid has Photoshopped them. And the decline of brands just makes GNE as rubbish as many of the other bus operators in the country.

They're a company they don't have to make enthusiasts happy. Their job is to move people about not to make bus spotters happy.....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

24 Jan 2020, 10:25 pm #409
(24 Jan 2020, 10:17 pm)Michael They're a company they don't have to make enthusiasts happy. Their job is to move people about not to make bus spotters happy.....

And with brands, it makes them a more diverse and attractive company that customers want to see.
BeachBoy99
24 Jan 2020, 10:25 pm #409

(24 Jan 2020, 10:17 pm)Michael They're a company they don't have to make enthusiasts happy. Their job is to move people about not to make bus spotters happy.....

And with brands, it makes them a more diverse and attractive company that customers want to see.

BusLoverMum

24 Jan 2020, 10:43 pm #410
Agree with Michael. Couldn't ever help but smile at whey aye five-O but it's time to move on.

A bus company is only rubbish if it doesn't reliably transport people from A to B.

Edit. Somehow ended up quoting the wrong post.
Edited 24 Jan 2020, 10:44 pm by BusLoverMum.
BusLoverMum
24 Jan 2020, 10:43 pm #410

Agree with Michael. Couldn't ever help but smile at whey aye five-O but it's time to move on.

A bus company is only rubbish if it doesn't reliably transport people from A to B.

24 Jan 2020, 10:48 pm #411
(24 Jan 2020, 10:43 pm)BusLoverMum Agree with Michael. Couldn't ever help but smile at whey aye five-O but it's time to move on.

I respect your opinions. I think what GNE have done with the likes of Green Arrow and Cobalt & Coast is fantastic, but it's just a shame it's becoming a fleet of red, yellow and blue again.
BeachBoy99
24 Jan 2020, 10:48 pm #411

(24 Jan 2020, 10:43 pm)BusLoverMum Agree with Michael. Couldn't ever help but smile at whey aye five-O but it's time to move on.

I respect your opinions. I think what GNE have done with the likes of Green Arrow and Cobalt & Coast is fantastic, but it's just a shame it's becoming a fleet of red, yellow and blue again.

S813 FVK

24 Jan 2020, 10:58 pm #412

Out of interest, on what basis?

Like yourself, I'm not a fan of every single brand, but there must have been a point behind branding some routes and not others, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered branding any routes at all.
S813 FVK
24 Jan 2020, 10:58 pm #412

Out of interest, on what basis?

Like yourself, I'm not a fan of every single brand, but there must have been a point behind branding some routes and not others, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered branding any routes at all.

Michael

24 Jan 2020, 10:58 pm #413
(24 Jan 2020, 10:48 pm)BeachBoy99 I respect your opinions. I think what GNE have done with the likes of Green Arrow and Cobalt & Coast is fantastic, but it's just a shame it's becoming a fleet of red, yellow and blue again.

I agree with you, the Cobalt & Coast, Green Arrow, X-Lines are all great brands.

I'm kinda glad, they've gone back to a proper livery though.

(24 Jan 2020, 10:58 pm)S813 FVK Out of interest, on what basis?

That's true, some do have meaning, like the Blaydon Racers, Crusader but the likes of Magic Roundabout, Kingfisher, The 9/49, Pulse, Loop were just some of the pointless brands used but thats just off top of my head atm
Edited 24 Jan 2020, 11:04 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
24 Jan 2020, 10:58 pm #413

(24 Jan 2020, 10:48 pm)BeachBoy99 I respect your opinions. I think what GNE have done with the likes of Green Arrow and Cobalt & Coast is fantastic, but it's just a shame it's becoming a fleet of red, yellow and blue again.

I agree with you, the Cobalt & Coast, Green Arrow, X-Lines are all great brands.

I'm kinda glad, they've gone back to a proper livery though.

(24 Jan 2020, 10:58 pm)S813 FVK Out of interest, on what basis?

That's true, some do have meaning, like the Blaydon Racers, Crusader but the likes of Magic Roundabout, Kingfisher, The 9/49, Pulse, Loop were just some of the pointless brands used but thats just off top of my head atm

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

24 Jan 2020, 11:39 pm #414
I have no idea what Pulse was about! The 9/The 49 is just desperation in creating a 'brand'. Even Fab 56 is a bit odd! The Loop is an old brand, and the service loops around Gateshead, so does have some logic to it! I like The Loop, The Crusader, Cobalt & Coast, Coaster, Little Coasters and Tynedale Links as brands, and would like to see The Orbit make a comeback! X-lines is a good express brand!

Stagecoach Express Connect would be a good brand for Stagecoach's expresses (X24, X34, X47, X77, X78, X79, X82, X87, X88 and 100).
OrangeArrow49
24 Jan 2020, 11:39 pm #414

I have no idea what Pulse was about! The 9/The 49 is just desperation in creating a 'brand'. Even Fab 56 is a bit odd! The Loop is an old brand, and the service loops around Gateshead, so does have some logic to it! I like The Loop, The Crusader, Cobalt & Coast, Coaster, Little Coasters and Tynedale Links as brands, and would like to see The Orbit make a comeback! X-lines is a good express brand!

Stagecoach Express Connect would be a good brand for Stagecoach's expresses (X24, X34, X47, X77, X78, X79, X82, X87, X88 and 100).

Ds1197

25 Jan 2020, 12:40 am #415
I think City-link will stay if the 56 is getting Cross City Link branding will it still be orange

And fab 57 was really chessey
Ds1197
25 Jan 2020, 12:40 am #415

I think City-link will stay if the 56 is getting Cross City Link branding will it still be orange

25 Jan 2020, 1:45 am #416
(25 Jan 2020, 12:40 am)Ds1197 I think City-link will stay if the 56 is getting Cross City Link branding will it still be orange

The 57 and 58 are being removed from the CityLink brand once the 56 is put under it – most likely they'll be corporate routes judging by what's happened with ToonLink and The Blaydon Racer.

To be honest, CityLink is a brand that currently makes no sense given that neither the 57 nor 58 cross two different cities. The 58's variant is exactly the same as the old Tynedale Express, so it was probably just a quick attempt at creating a new brand out of something already done and then changing it blue when the 57 was put under it.

Since the 56 links two actual cities, the route will suit the name better. It's a nice livery, too. Wink
BeachBoy99
25 Jan 2020, 1:45 am #416

(25 Jan 2020, 12:40 am)Ds1197 I think City-link will stay if the 56 is getting Cross City Link branding will it still be orange

The 57 and 58 are being removed from the CityLink brand once the 56 is put under it – most likely they'll be corporate routes judging by what's happened with ToonLink and The Blaydon Racer.

To be honest, CityLink is a brand that currently makes no sense given that neither the 57 nor 58 cross two different cities. The 58's variant is exactly the same as the old Tynedale Express, so it was probably just a quick attempt at creating a new brand out of something already done and then changing it blue when the 57 was put under it.

Since the 56 links two actual cities, the route will suit the name better. It's a nice livery, too. Wink

cbma06

25 Jan 2020, 7:50 am #417
Don’t know why members on here are surprised that certain branded routes are going, as it was announced awhile back that some branded routes were going in favour of more own corporate colours and identity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
25 Jan 2020, 7:50 am #417

Don’t know why members on here are surprised that certain branded routes are going, as it was announced awhile back that some branded routes were going in favour of more own corporate colours and identity.

25 Jan 2020, 9:17 am #418
In regards to the timetable designs, the 97 timetable is a Best Impressions one, the rest are Beacon Creative.

I know that GNE have a long history with Beacon, but their work is getting rather tired and amateurish. When are GNE going to stop keeping them happy?!
omnicity4659
25 Jan 2020, 9:17 am #418

In regards to the timetable designs, the 97 timetable is a Best Impressions one, the rest are Beacon Creative.

I know that GNE have a long history with Beacon, but their work is getting rather tired and amateurish. When are GNE going to stop keeping them happy?!

Dan

Site Administrator

25 Jan 2020, 9:24 am #419
(25 Jan 2020, 9:17 am)omnicity4659 In regards to the timetable designs, the 97 timetable is a Best Impressions one, the rest are Beacon Creative.

Are you sure about that?

Go North East haven’t done any work with Beacon Creative for a good few months now, so wondering what ground there is for the statement that their work is “rather tired and amateurish”.

Dan
25 Jan 2020, 9:24 am #419

(25 Jan 2020, 9:17 am)omnicity4659 In regards to the timetable designs, the 97 timetable is a Best Impressions one, the rest are Beacon Creative.

Are you sure about that?

Go North East haven’t done any work with Beacon Creative for a good few months now, so wondering what ground there is for the statement that their work is “rather tired and amateurish”.

Storx

25 Jan 2020, 9:45 am #420
I'm not sure if anyone from GNE actually looks for feedback on here but a timetable is a timetable to most people.

However I wish the lines would be ditched for different coloured backgrounds across the rows like the 53/54 timetable - https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/cms_...54_WEB.pdf. It's just much easier to read when your in a rush whereas a full table especially when it's long it's hard to keep a track on which row your meant to be looking at.

The 57 one is particular bad for it especially with the red - https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/cms_...4/57_1.pdf. It looks better aswell imo.
Storx
25 Jan 2020, 9:45 am #420

I'm not sure if anyone from GNE actually looks for feedback on here but a timetable is a timetable to most people.

However I wish the lines would be ditched for different coloured backgrounds across the rows like the 53/54 timetable - https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/cms_...54_WEB.pdf. It's just much easier to read when your in a rush whereas a full table especially when it's long it's hard to keep a track on which row your meant to be looking at.

The 57 one is particular bad for it especially with the red - https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/cms_...4/57_1.pdf. It looks better aswell imo.

Pages (28) Previous 120 21 2228 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average