Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150) Previous 177 78 79150 Next
Adrian

02 Aug 2021, 10:36 am #1,541
(01 Aug 2021, 2:02 pm)GNE6312 Here is my idea for a new airlink brand

The only problem is that Newcastle is not Heathrow...

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
02 Aug 2021, 10:36 am #1,541

(01 Aug 2021, 2:02 pm)GNE6312 Here is my idea for a new airlink brand

The only problem is that Newcastle is not Heathrow...

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

MurdnunoC

02 Aug 2021, 11:44 am #1,542
(02 Aug 2021, 10:36 am)Adrian The only problem is that Newcastle is not Heathrow...

A rare post of the year contender right there.
MurdnunoC
02 Aug 2021, 11:44 am #1,542

(02 Aug 2021, 10:36 am)Adrian The only problem is that Newcastle is not Heathrow...

A rare post of the year contender right there.

03 Aug 2021, 8:07 pm #1,543
This is an idea based around GNE's Little Pinks (81 - 84) September Changes. 
https://asxterranova.home.blog/2021/08/0...timetable/

I did also ponder extending the 85 to Coach Road Estate and also making that cover Brady & Square and Barmston Court running every 20 Mins, but that gives Biddick 13bph including the 2A & a revised Nexus 23 which is a bit overkill.

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
03 Aug 2021, 8:07 pm #1,543

This is an idea based around GNE's Little Pinks (81 - 84) September Changes. 

I did also ponder extending the 85 to Coach Road Estate and also making that cover Brady & Square and Barmston Court running every 20 Mins, but that gives Biddick 13bph including the 2A & a revised Nexus 23 which is a bit overkill.

MurdnunoC

03 Aug 2021, 8:24 pm #1,544
(03 Aug 2021, 8:07 pm)ASX_Terranova This is an idea based around GNE's Little Pinks (81 - 84) September Changes. 

How do you propose serving Coniston on the way back from Washington?
Why does a Washington service need to serve both Heworth and Pelaw Metro stations?
Why would someone living in Birtley want to spend 44 minutes on a bus travelling to Nissan when it would only take about 10 minutes in the car (disregarding the fact that Nissan employees get excellent deals on vehicles through the benefits scheme)?
MurdnunoC
03 Aug 2021, 8:24 pm #1,544

(03 Aug 2021, 8:07 pm)ASX_Terranova This is an idea based around GNE's Little Pinks (81 - 84) September Changes. 

How do you propose serving Coniston on the way back from Washington?
Why does a Washington service need to serve both Heworth and Pelaw Metro stations?
Why would someone living in Birtley want to spend 44 minutes on a bus travelling to Nissan when it would only take about 10 minutes in the car (disregarding the fact that Nissan employees get excellent deals on vehicles through the benefits scheme)?

03 Aug 2021, 10:28 pm #1,545
(03 Aug 2021, 8:24 pm)MurdnunoC How do you propose serving Coniston on the way back from Washington?

Firstly, In regards to the Pelaw section, I wanted the Ellen Wilkinson Estate and kirkwood gardens areas to have a direct Washington service. Secondly, can you cross the felling bypass to reach Lakes Estate? 

I'm still unsure whether to have the M4 at all or whether to have the M3 serve Birtley and just use my Circular idea, which would cover Nissan, Cherry Blossom Way, Waterview Park & Teal Farm as well as Washington Village (Richmond Avenue), Pattinson North & South, Concord, Donwell (London Avenue) & The Back of Albany (Moorway) to The Galleries.

ASX_Terranova
03 Aug 2021, 10:28 pm #1,545

(03 Aug 2021, 8:24 pm)MurdnunoC How do you propose serving Coniston on the way back from Washington?

Firstly, In regards to the Pelaw section, I wanted the Ellen Wilkinson Estate and kirkwood gardens areas to have a direct Washington service. Secondly, can you cross the felling bypass to reach Lakes Estate? 

I'm still unsure whether to have the M4 at all or whether to have the M3 serve Birtley and just use my Circular idea, which would cover Nissan, Cherry Blossom Way, Waterview Park & Teal Farm as well as Washington Village (Richmond Avenue), Pattinson North & South, Concord, Donwell (London Avenue) & The Back of Albany (Moorway) to The Galleries.

MurdnunoC

04 Aug 2021, 10:42 am #1,546
(03 Aug 2021, 10:28 pm)ASX_Terranova Firstly, In regards to the Pelaw section, I wanted the Ellen Wilkinson Estate and kirkwood gardens areas to have a direct Washington service. Secondly, can you cross the felling bypass to reach Lakes Estate? 

Do the residents of Ellen Wilkinson Estate need or even want a direct link to Washington? There might be some demand for it - I don't know - however much of Ellen Wilkinson Estate is relatively close to the Felling By Pass and the bus stop located there is within a reasonable walking distance for most. 

If you're offering this link to Ellen Wilkinson Estate then why not the rest of Wardley? I'm sure residents nrar Manor Gardens, White Mere Gardens or Wardley Lane would appreciate a link to Washington as much as people living on Keir Hardie Avenue or Kirkwood Avenue (or then again, perhaps not)?

As for the Lakes Estate, is it really best practise to navigate a bus across a busy dual carriageway unless it is absolutely necessary? The 68 uses the Shields Road thoroughfare to get in and out of the estate for good reason, and, once again, the estate is located relative close to bus stops on the Felling By Pass and is only about a 10 minute walk from Heworth Interchange.

To attract punters onto the bus, I'd argue the journey must as quick and direct as possible. What you often suggest is lengthy and circuitous which, personally, would make me grab my keys and take the car or ride my bike.
MurdnunoC
04 Aug 2021, 10:42 am #1,546

(03 Aug 2021, 10:28 pm)ASX_Terranova Firstly, In regards to the Pelaw section, I wanted the Ellen Wilkinson Estate and kirkwood gardens areas to have a direct Washington service. Secondly, can you cross the felling bypass to reach Lakes Estate? 

Do the residents of Ellen Wilkinson Estate need or even want a direct link to Washington? There might be some demand for it - I don't know - however much of Ellen Wilkinson Estate is relatively close to the Felling By Pass and the bus stop located there is within a reasonable walking distance for most. 

If you're offering this link to Ellen Wilkinson Estate then why not the rest of Wardley? I'm sure residents nrar Manor Gardens, White Mere Gardens or Wardley Lane would appreciate a link to Washington as much as people living on Keir Hardie Avenue or Kirkwood Avenue (or then again, perhaps not)?

As for the Lakes Estate, is it really best practise to navigate a bus across a busy dual carriageway unless it is absolutely necessary? The 68 uses the Shields Road thoroughfare to get in and out of the estate for good reason, and, once again, the estate is located relative close to bus stops on the Felling By Pass and is only about a 10 minute walk from Heworth Interchange.

To attract punters onto the bus, I'd argue the journey must as quick and direct as possible. What you often suggest is lengthy and circuitous which, personally, would make me grab my keys and take the car or ride my bike.

04 Aug 2021, 11:41 am #1,547
(04 Aug 2021, 10:42 am)MurdnunoC As for the Lakes Estate, is it really practise to navigate a bus across a busy dual carriageway unless it is absolutely necessary? The 68 uses the Shields Road thoroughfare to get in and out of the estate for good reason, and, once again, the estate is located relative close to bus stops on the Felling By Pass and is only about a 10 minute walk from Heworth Interchange.

I'm of the opinion that the bus stops on the bypass are frankly bloody dangerous. Especially that one before the footbridge heading towards Wardley. Not sure if it's possible, but the bus lane heading towards Heworth should be replicated on the other side to reduce the risk.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
04 Aug 2021, 11:41 am #1,547

(04 Aug 2021, 10:42 am)MurdnunoC As for the Lakes Estate, is it really practise to navigate a bus across a busy dual carriageway unless it is absolutely necessary? The 68 uses the Shields Road thoroughfare to get in and out of the estate for good reason, and, once again, the estate is located relative close to bus stops on the Felling By Pass and is only about a 10 minute walk from Heworth Interchange.

I'm of the opinion that the bus stops on the bypass are frankly bloody dangerous. Especially that one before the footbridge heading towards Wardley. Not sure if it's possible, but the bus lane heading towards Heworth should be replicated on the other side to reduce the risk.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Drifter60

08 Aug 2021, 12:35 pm #1,549
I haven’t done a suggestion in a while, but it seems strange that the new X6 timetable has loads of layover and no obvious interworking yet and GNE are handing customers straight to Arriva in Wingate and Station Town.

Suggestion being >> X6 Sunderland-Seaham-Peterlee-Wingate-Station Town

It would replace the 202 on the same route between Peterlee via Moorcock and A19 to Wingate, giving a much faster bus to and from Peterlee and also providing quicker links further afield to Dalton Park, Seaham or Sunderland than what the 202 does currently.

Departs Sunderland at xx:07, in xx:41 in Peterlee - arriving Station Town xx:02
Leaving Station Town at xx:03, in Peterlee at xx:23, arriving Sunderland at xx:58

So it still only requires two buses.
Drifter60
08 Aug 2021, 12:35 pm #1,549

I haven’t done a suggestion in a while, but it seems strange that the new X6 timetable has loads of layover and no obvious interworking yet and GNE are handing customers straight to Arriva in Wingate and Station Town.

It would replace the 202 on the same route between Peterlee via Moorcock and A19 to Wingate, giving a much faster bus to and from Peterlee and also providing quicker links further afield to Dalton Park, Seaham or Sunderland than what the 202 does currently.

Leaving Station Town at xx:03, in Peterlee at xx:23, arriving Sunderland at xx:58

peter

08 Aug 2021, 12:50 pm #1,550
(04 Apr 2021, 5:21 pm)peter Service Suggestions for Peterlee:

This is based upon the assumption that the X7 will not be returning:

Service 202:
Section between Peterlee and Station Town withdrawn and replaced by service X6. Section between Easington Village and Peterlee revised, now operating via Holme Hill replacing the short journeys between Peterlee and Easington on service 208. Although this extends journey times, passengers from Easington Lane-Easington still have quicker journeys to Peterlee on service 55, while Seaham and Dalton Park have the X6. Would have around 7 minutes layover at Peterlee so no issues there.

Service 208:
Short journeys from Peterlee to Easington withdrawn and replaced by a re-routed 202.

Service X6:
Extended beyond Peterlee to Station Town in place of service 202.

These changes would free up a solo used on the short 208 journeys while also making better use of the X6 timetable which currently has long layover times due to former interworking with service X7.

Associated Fleet Changes:
673/74 remain at Deptford branded X-Lines for service X6
675-78 remain at Deptford repainted and rebranded Black Cats for the 33/38/38A
647-50 transfer to Percy Main repainted and rebranded Little Coasters
698-701 withdrawn from Percy Main
666 transfers to Deptford repainted into fleet livery for the 938
651 transfers to Chester-le-Street
722 withdrawn due to low specification interior

(08 Aug 2021, 12:35 pm)Drifter60 I haven’t done a suggestion in a while, but it seems strange that the new X6 timetable has loads of layover and no obvious interworking yet and GNE are handing customers straight to Arriva in Wingate and Station Town.

Came up with a similar suggestion a couple months ago with regards to extending the X6 to Station Town in place of the 202 - definitely think it's an opportunity missed!
peter
08 Aug 2021, 12:50 pm #1,550

(04 Apr 2021, 5:21 pm)peter Service Suggestions for Peterlee:

This is based upon the assumption that the X7 will not be returning:

Service 202:
Section between Peterlee and Station Town withdrawn and replaced by service X6. Section between Easington Village and Peterlee revised, now operating via Holme Hill replacing the short journeys between Peterlee and Easington on service 208. Although this extends journey times, passengers from Easington Lane-Easington still have quicker journeys to Peterlee on service 55, while Seaham and Dalton Park have the X6. Would have around 7 minutes layover at Peterlee so no issues there.

Service 208:
Short journeys from Peterlee to Easington withdrawn and replaced by a re-routed 202.

Service X6:
Extended beyond Peterlee to Station Town in place of service 202.

These changes would free up a solo used on the short 208 journeys while also making better use of the X6 timetable which currently has long layover times due to former interworking with service X7.

Associated Fleet Changes:
673/74 remain at Deptford branded X-Lines for service X6
675-78 remain at Deptford repainted and rebranded Black Cats for the 33/38/38A
647-50 transfer to Percy Main repainted and rebranded Little Coasters
698-701 withdrawn from Percy Main
666 transfers to Deptford repainted into fleet livery for the 938
651 transfers to Chester-le-Street
722 withdrawn due to low specification interior

(08 Aug 2021, 12:35 pm)Drifter60 I haven’t done a suggestion in a while, but it seems strange that the new X6 timetable has loads of layover and no obvious interworking yet and GNE are handing customers straight to Arriva in Wingate and Station Town.

Came up with a similar suggestion a couple months ago with regards to extending the X6 to Station Town in place of the 202 - definitely think it's an opportunity missed!

09 Aug 2021, 2:08 am #1,551
Sorry bit off topic, but just wonder how the high profile laser branded 35 declined from 6 bus per hour to 2 bph currently....any thing to do with the demographic, or just because the south shield section taken over by the 20?
volvob8l
09 Aug 2021, 2:08 am #1,551

Sorry bit off topic, but just wonder how the high profile laser branded 35 declined from 6 bus per hour to 2 bph currently....any thing to do with the demographic, or just because the south shield section taken over by the 20?

Andreos1

09 Aug 2021, 8:12 am #1,552
(09 Aug 2021, 2:08 am)volvob8l Sorry bit off topic, but just wonder how the high profile laser branded 35 declined from 6 bus per hour to 2 bph currently....any thing to do with the demographic, or just because the south shield section taken over by the 20?

I remember when we were told in no uncertain terms, that it was way more profitable than the 20.
Then, suddenly, without warning, GNE proposed to somehow change the fortunes of it and extend the 20 to Shields. The passengers who responded to the consultation rejected those proposals, but it was forced through a year later and not too long afterwards, the 20 ended up with new vehicles. 

Since then, the allocation of the 35 has gone from brand new Mercs, to Solars then a mixed fleet and now a reduced frequency.

I'd be quite concerned if I was looking at what the 35 apparently was to what it is now and the what's seems like a continued retraction in frequency, status and quality.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
09 Aug 2021, 8:12 am #1,552

(09 Aug 2021, 2:08 am)volvob8l Sorry bit off topic, but just wonder how the high profile laser branded 35 declined from 6 bus per hour to 2 bph currently....any thing to do with the demographic, or just because the south shield section taken over by the 20?

I remember when we were told in no uncertain terms, that it was way more profitable than the 20.
Then, suddenly, without warning, GNE proposed to somehow change the fortunes of it and extend the 20 to Shields. The passengers who responded to the consultation rejected those proposals, but it was forced through a year later and not too long afterwards, the 20 ended up with new vehicles. 

Since then, the allocation of the 35 has gone from brand new Mercs, to Solars then a mixed fleet and now a reduced frequency.

I'd be quite concerned if I was looking at what the 35 apparently was to what it is now and the what's seems like a continued retraction in frequency, status and quality.

V514DFT

09 Aug 2021, 8:41 am #1,553
(09 Aug 2021, 8:12 am)Andreos1 I remember when we were told in no uncertain terms, that it was way more profitable than the 20.

Wouldnt be suprised if it ends up in the axed pile

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
09 Aug 2021, 8:41 am #1,553

(09 Aug 2021, 8:12 am)Andreos1 I remember when we were told in no uncertain terms, that it was way more profitable than the 20.

Wouldnt be suprised if it ends up in the axed pile

Kind Regards
Tez

Andreos1

09 Aug 2021, 8:46 am #1,554
(09 Aug 2021, 8:41 am)V514DFT Wouldnt be suprised if it ends up in the axed pile

That would be the easy option I'm sure.

Andreos1
09 Aug 2021, 8:46 am #1,554

(09 Aug 2021, 8:41 am)V514DFT Wouldnt be suprised if it ends up in the axed pile

That would be the easy option I'm sure.

cbma06

09 Aug 2021, 8:51 am #1,555

There killed off the 535/536 when there purchased Ok Travel and decided to run the service via the OK 161 route, and killed it even more by renumbering them to 35/35a/36 going via different areas to the destinations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
09 Aug 2021, 8:51 am #1,555

There killed off the 535/536 when there purchased Ok Travel and decided to run the service via the OK 161 route, and killed it even more by renumbering them to 35/35a/36 going via different areas to the destinations

10 Aug 2021, 7:12 am #1,556

Just being too weird it was
volvob8l
10 Aug 2021, 7:12 am #1,556

Just being too weird it was

14 Aug 2021, 12:36 am #1,557
Service 7 (To replace Service 73)

Chester le Street
Barley Mow - Dorset Avenue

Birtley

Northside Estate

Blackfell Knoulberry

Armstrong Industrial Estate

Parsons Industrial Estate

Concord Bus Station

Coach Road Estate

Sulgrave

Peel Retail Park

Waterview Park

Teal Farm

Castletown

Hylton Enterprise Park

Queen Alexandra Bridge

Sunderland Interchange

This service would operate hourly Monday to Saturday and provide those living in Birtley Northside Estate with a bus service. As far as I'm are Northside Estate no longer has a bus service from September. This would also give those living in Birtley a direct bus service to Sunderland and give those living in Blackfell Knoulberry a bus to Concord.

291/2 (circular 291 anti clockwise, 292 clockwise)

Heworth Metro
Leam Lane
Follingsby Park
Sulgrave Waterloo Road
Concord
Wear Industrial Estate
Barmston Waskerley Road
Biddick
Washington Galleries
Blackfell Knoulberry
Parsons
Concord
Coach Road Estate
Heworth Metro

This service would operate hourly Monday to Saturday, replacing links lost by revised service 84. This would reintroduce a link to Heworth from Sulgrave, Barmston and Blackfell and provide an extra bus to the Galleries and Concord from Coach Road Estate.
Washingtonian
14 Aug 2021, 12:36 am #1,557

Service 7 (To replace Service 73)

Chester le Street

Birtley

Northside Estate

Blackfell Knoulberry

Concord Bus Station

Coach Road Estate

Sulgrave

Peel Retail Park

Waterview Park

Teal Farm

Castletown

Hylton Enterprise Park

Queen Alexandra Bridge

Sunderland Interchange

This service would operate hourly Monday to Saturday and provide those living in Birtley Northside Estate with a bus service. As far as I'm are Northside Estate no longer has a bus service from September. This would also give those living in Birtley a direct bus service to Sunderland and give those living in Blackfell Knoulberry a bus to Concord.

Heworth Metro
Leam Lane
Follingsby Park
Sulgrave Waterloo Road
Concord
Wear Industrial Estate
Barmston Waskerley Road
Biddick
Washington Galleries
Blackfell Knoulberry
Parsons
Concord
Coach Road Estate
Heworth Metro

This service would operate hourly Monday to Saturday, replacing links lost by revised service 84. This would reintroduce a link to Heworth from Sulgrave, Barmston and Blackfell and provide an extra bus to the Galleries and Concord from Coach Road Estate.

cbma06

14 Aug 2021, 11:33 am #1,558
(14 Aug 2021, 12:36 am)Washingtonian Service 7 (To replace Service 73)

Chester le Street

Birtley

Northside Estate

Blackfell Knoulberry

Concord Bus Station

Coach Road Estate

Sulgrave

Peel Retail Park

Waterview Park

Teal Farm

Castletown

Hylton Enterprise Park

Queen Alexandra Bridge

Sunderland Interchange

Heworth Metro
Leam Lane
Follingsby Park
Sulgrave Waterloo Road
Concord
Wear Industrial Estate
Barmston Waskerley Road
Biddick
Washington Galleries
Blackfell Knoulberry
Parsons
Concord
Coach Road Estate
Heworth Metro

Send your 73 suggestion to nexus as it’s a secured service, go north east won’t do it as it’s not profitable for them.

I would of expected gne renumber the 78 to 7 by now, so the 7 and 8 will be under the new brand

cbma06
14 Aug 2021, 11:33 am #1,558

(14 Aug 2021, 12:36 am)Washingtonian Service 7 (To replace Service 73)

Chester le Street

Birtley

Northside Estate

Blackfell Knoulberry

Concord Bus Station

Coach Road Estate

Sulgrave

Peel Retail Park

Waterview Park

Teal Farm

Castletown

Hylton Enterprise Park

Queen Alexandra Bridge

Sunderland Interchange

Heworth Metro
Leam Lane
Follingsby Park
Sulgrave Waterloo Road
Concord
Wear Industrial Estate
Barmston Waskerley Road
Biddick
Washington Galleries
Blackfell Knoulberry
Parsons
Concord
Coach Road Estate
Heworth Metro

Send your 73 suggestion to nexus as it’s a secured service, go north east won’t do it as it’s not profitable for them.

I would of expected gne renumber the 78 to 7 by now, so the 7 and 8 will be under the new brand

L469 YVK

15 Aug 2021, 12:35 pm #1,559
Bit of a pie in the sky idea if 6338-40 were available. Give Arriva and the ABTRL a run for their money.............

X89 ** Blyth - Plessey Road - Newsham - Portland Wynd - A192 - B1326 then non stop via A189 to Newcastle.

PVR 3x with drivers able to do a maximum of 2x round trips (3 hours). Journey time off peak roughly 38-40 mins. Operated by Riverside.

Half hourly Mon-Sat with some late evening journeys and hourly Sundays.
L469 YVK
15 Aug 2021, 12:35 pm #1,559

Bit of a pie in the sky idea if 6338-40 were available. Give Arriva and the ABTRL a run for their money.............

X89 ** Blyth - Plessey Road - Newsham - Portland Wynd - A192 - B1326 then non stop via A189 to Newcastle.

PVR 3x with drivers able to do a maximum of 2x round trips (3 hours). Journey time off peak roughly 38-40 mins. Operated by Riverside.

Half hourly Mon-Sat with some late evening journeys and hourly Sundays.

GNE6312

18 Aug 2021, 9:17 am #1,560
X23

Darlington
Aycliffe Village
Newton Aycliffe
Ferryhill
Croxdale
Durham
Framwellgate Moor
Chester-Le-Street
Non-Stop