Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East | January 2022 Service Changes

Go North East | January 2022 Service Changes

Go North East | January 2022 Service Changes

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (5) Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Adrian

16 Jan 2022, 10:11 pm #41
(16 Jan 2022, 9:06 pm)OrangeArrow49 So the 684 will keep Versas for the long term? What Hexham services are covered in the ZEBRA bid? Are the Yutongs going to be good buses?

This post has details of the ZEBRA bid allocation: https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=3355&pid=270000#pid270000

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
16 Jan 2022, 10:11 pm #41

(16 Jan 2022, 9:06 pm)OrangeArrow49 So the 684 will keep Versas for the long term? What Hexham services are covered in the ZEBRA bid? Are the Yutongs going to be good buses?

This post has details of the ZEBRA bid allocation: https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=3355&pid=270000#pid270000

16 Jan 2022, 10:30 pm #42
(16 Jan 2022, 10:11 pm)Adrian This post has details of the ZEBRA bid allocation: https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=3355&pid=270000#pid270000

It's not working for me, but thanks anyway. No idea why it's not working.
OrangeArrow49
16 Jan 2022, 10:30 pm #42

(16 Jan 2022, 10:11 pm)Adrian This post has details of the ZEBRA bid allocation: https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=3355&pid=270000#pid270000

It's not working for me, but thanks anyway. No idea why it's not working.

21 Jan 2022, 2:35 pm #43
Can't help but wonder if GNE have jumped the gun a bit with giving up on the commuter type services. Since the announcements re Covid measures being removed as part of Operation Red Meat/Save Big Dog there's been a marked change in a lot of the chatter around return to offices. Certainly in some cases a much more significant expectation of physical presence in office than had previously been mooted.
stagecoachbusdepot
21 Jan 2022, 2:35 pm #43

Can't help but wonder if GNE have jumped the gun a bit with giving up on the commuter type services. Since the announcements re Covid measures being removed as part of Operation Red Meat/Save Big Dog there's been a marked change in a lot of the chatter around return to offices. Certainly in some cases a much more significant expectation of physical presence in office than had previously been mooted.

Adrian

21 Jan 2022, 2:46 pm #44
(21 Jan 2022, 2:35 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Can't help but wonder if GNE have jumped the gun a bit with giving up on the commuter type services.  Since the announcements re Covid measures being removed as part of Operation Red Meat/Save Big Dog there's been a marked change in a lot of the chatter around return to offices.  Certainly in some cases a much more significant expectation of physical presence in office than had previously been mooted.

I'd say they've jumped the gun in advance of the BSIP, but I don't think the Big Dog will be around long enough for "Operation Red Meat" to become reality.

They might well remove restrictions, but they'd have to introduce new legislation if they wanted to mandate the private sector back into the office. Many are looking, if not already at advance stages, of hybrid working models. This is what operators should be focusing their time on; ensuring suitable travel products are available to ensure the bus still remains an attractive proposition to hybrid workers on office days.

Adrian
21 Jan 2022, 2:46 pm #44

(21 Jan 2022, 2:35 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Can't help but wonder if GNE have jumped the gun a bit with giving up on the commuter type services.  Since the announcements re Covid measures being removed as part of Operation Red Meat/Save Big Dog there's been a marked change in a lot of the chatter around return to offices.  Certainly in some cases a much more significant expectation of physical presence in office than had previously been mooted.

I'd say they've jumped the gun in advance of the BSIP, but I don't think the Big Dog will be around long enough for "Operation Red Meat" to become reality.

They might well remove restrictions, but they'd have to introduce new legislation if they wanted to mandate the private sector back into the office. Many are looking, if not already at advance stages, of hybrid working models. This is what operators should be focusing their time on; ensuring suitable travel products are available to ensure the bus still remains an attractive proposition to hybrid workers on office days.

21 Jan 2022, 3:57 pm #45
(21 Jan 2022, 2:46 pm)Adrian I'd say they've jumped the gun in advance of the BSIP, but I don't think the Big Dog will be around long enough for "Operation Red Meat" to become reality.

Yes but..public sector is a pretty sizeable part of the workforce, especially in NE.  And equally some examples of big name private businesses throwing caution to the wind and calling workers back to offices en masse (certainly some of the banking institutions, for example).  Of course there are a decent number of forward thinking private companies who are looking at meaningful hybrid models but I guess my point was the numbers apparently to be required to return to offices in public sector and some of the private sector is greater than might have been anticipated a few weeks or months ago.

Regardless of the detail of hybrid working pattern thoughs, the current offer from operators is unlikely to tempt a willing switch onto buses, for all the reasons well rehearsed on here.  I think with more in offices, those who have no choice but to use bus will make the reduced offering of peak runs fuller/run later and so continue the vicious cycle; meaning those with any choice steering clear.
stagecoachbusdepot
21 Jan 2022, 3:57 pm #45

(21 Jan 2022, 2:46 pm)Adrian I'd say they've jumped the gun in advance of the BSIP, but I don't think the Big Dog will be around long enough for "Operation Red Meat" to become reality.

Yes but..public sector is a pretty sizeable part of the workforce, especially in NE.  And equally some examples of big name private businesses throwing caution to the wind and calling workers back to offices en masse (certainly some of the banking institutions, for example).  Of course there are a decent number of forward thinking private companies who are looking at meaningful hybrid models but I guess my point was the numbers apparently to be required to return to offices in public sector and some of the private sector is greater than might have been anticipated a few weeks or months ago.

Regardless of the detail of hybrid working pattern thoughs, the current offer from operators is unlikely to tempt a willing switch onto buses, for all the reasons well rehearsed on here.  I think with more in offices, those who have no choice but to use bus will make the reduced offering of peak runs fuller/run later and so continue the vicious cycle; meaning those with any choice steering clear.

L469 YVK

21 Jan 2022, 4:53 pm #46
(21 Jan 2022, 3:57 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Yes but..public sector is a pretty sizeable part of the workforce, especially in NE.  And equally some examples of big name private businesses throwing caution to the wind and calling workers back to offices en masse (certainly some of the banking institutions, for example).  Of course there are a decent number of forward thinking private companies who are looking at meaningful hybrid models but I guess my point was the numbers apparently to be required to return to offices in public sector and some of the private sector is greater than might have been anticipated a few weeks or months ago.

GNE still have a good offering to Cobalt though:

- 309 every 20 mins including 310 covering NBS & Sage with a very short walk.

- X39 at peak times.
L469 YVK
21 Jan 2022, 4:53 pm #46

(21 Jan 2022, 3:57 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Yes but..public sector is a pretty sizeable part of the workforce, especially in NE.  And equally some examples of big name private businesses throwing caution to the wind and calling workers back to offices en masse (certainly some of the banking institutions, for example).  Of course there are a decent number of forward thinking private companies who are looking at meaningful hybrid models but I guess my point was the numbers apparently to be required to return to offices in public sector and some of the private sector is greater than might have been anticipated a few weeks or months ago.

GNE still have a good offering to Cobalt though:

- X39 at peak times.

Andreos1

21 Jan 2022, 5:20 pm #47
(21 Jan 2022, 4:53 pm)L469 YVK GNE still have a good offering to Cobalt though:

- X39 at peak times.
It's only a good offering if you happen to live on those routes. 
If you don't, then it's not really a good offering at all.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
21 Jan 2022, 5:20 pm #47

(21 Jan 2022, 4:53 pm)L469 YVK GNE still have a good offering to Cobalt though:

- X39 at peak times.
It's only a good offering if you happen to live on those routes. 
If you don't, then it's not really a good offering at all.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Ambassador

21 Jan 2022, 10:59 pm #48

indeed, the networking group I work with speaks for around 20k employees and despite the bluster in the right wing press I can assure you, hybrid is here and is the future. There is no need for 5 day offices aside those who choose to do so (roughly 5% so far) 

this idea that living with covid means back to old routes and ways of working is pipe dreams. Power is with employees, the great resignation as it’s called means if you don’t offer at least hybrid then you won’t get a look in. There’s a huge recruitment issue in the NE at the moment with London bases firms offering double wages for Home working but still saving on what they’d pay on offices etc. 

And who is leading this charge…the civil service of course.

the future for commuter travel has to be interchangeable flexible hybrid focused ticketing…all of which the current big 3 fail at miserably.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
21 Jan 2022, 10:59 pm #48

indeed, the networking group I work with speaks for around 20k employees and despite the bluster in the right wing press I can assure you, hybrid is here and is the future. There is no need for 5 day offices aside those who choose to do so (roughly 5% so far) 

this idea that living with covid means back to old routes and ways of working is pipe dreams. Power is with employees, the great resignation as it’s called means if you don’t offer at least hybrid then you won’t get a look in. There’s a huge recruitment issue in the NE at the moment with London bases firms offering double wages for Home working but still saving on what they’d pay on offices etc. 

And who is leading this charge…the civil service of course.

the future for commuter travel has to be interchangeable flexible hybrid focused ticketing…all of which the current big 3 fail at miserably.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

BusLoverMum

22 Jan 2022, 10:23 am #49
Well DCC have given up trying to keep up.
Attached Files
.jpg
IMG_20220122_093917~2.jpg
Size 791.52 KB / Downloads 73
BusLoverMum
22 Jan 2022, 10:23 am #49

Well DCC have given up trying to keep up.

Attached Files
.jpg
IMG_20220122_093917~2.jpg
Size 791.52 KB / Downloads 73

23 Jan 2022, 12:12 pm #50
X85 not being withdrawn from 30th January? Nexus website now says X84 withdrawn (replaced by 684) and X85 revised timetable. Maybe this is to keep a service on Sundays?
OrangeArrow49
23 Jan 2022, 12:12 pm #50

X85 not being withdrawn from 30th January? Nexus website now says X84 withdrawn (replaced by 684) and X85 revised timetable. Maybe this is to keep a service on Sundays?

Michael

23 Jan 2022, 12:14 pm #51
(23 Jan 2022, 12:12 pm)OrangeArrow49 X85 not being withdrawn from 30th January? Nexus website now says X84 withdrawn (replaced by 684) and X85 revised timetable. Maybe this is to keep a service on Sundays?

X85 - 1 each way - Mon to Fri only.

https://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/f...300122.pdf

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 Jan 2022, 12:14 pm #51

(23 Jan 2022, 12:12 pm)OrangeArrow49 X85 not being withdrawn from 30th January? Nexus website now says X84 withdrawn (replaced by 684) and X85 revised timetable. Maybe this is to keep a service on Sundays?

X85 - 1 each way - Mon to Fri only.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

23 Jan 2022, 12:18 pm #52
(23 Jan 2022, 12:14 pm)Michael X85 - 1 each way - Mon to Fri only.

Thank you. Couldn't find it. What's the point of that?
OrangeArrow49
23 Jan 2022, 12:18 pm #52

(23 Jan 2022, 12:14 pm)Michael X85 - 1 each way - Mon to Fri only.

Thank you. Couldn't find it. What's the point of that?

Michael

23 Jan 2022, 12:22 pm #53
(23 Jan 2022, 12:18 pm)OrangeArrow49 Thank you. Couldn't find it. What's the point of that?

Some reason its only shown in the timetable section.

Probs because passengers moaned it was going to take too long on the 684 - and I bet half of them don't even use it!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 Jan 2022, 12:22 pm #53

(23 Jan 2022, 12:18 pm)OrangeArrow49 Thank you. Couldn't find it. What's the point of that?

Some reason its only shown in the timetable section.

Probs because passengers moaned it was going to take too long on the 684 - and I bet half of them don't even use it!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

S813 FVK

23 Jan 2022, 12:34 pm #54
It is listed under the X85 section in the GNE press release. A NCC-related amendment.
S813 FVK
23 Jan 2022, 12:34 pm #54

It is listed under the X85 section in the GNE press release. A NCC-related amendment.

23 Jan 2022, 12:39 pm #55
(23 Jan 2022, 12:22 pm)Michael Some reason its only shown in the timetable section.

Yeah the 684/685 will take forever to do the full route between Hexham and Newcastle, but one X85 each way and only Monday to Friday seems pointless and unusable. The 74  is good one way, but the X84/X85 is a good quicker option. Disappointed there will be no services on Sundays (they could at least implement ticket acceptance on the 685). Arriva operates the Sunday 685 don't they?
OrangeArrow49
23 Jan 2022, 12:39 pm #55

(23 Jan 2022, 12:22 pm)Michael Some reason its only shown in the timetable section.

Yeah the 684/685 will take forever to do the full route between Hexham and Newcastle, but one X85 each way and only Monday to Friday seems pointless and unusable. The 74  is good one way, but the X84/X85 is a good quicker option. Disappointed there will be no services on Sundays (they could at least implement ticket acceptance on the 685). Arriva operates the Sunday 685 don't they?

Train8261

23 Jan 2022, 12:55 pm #56
(23 Jan 2022, 12:39 pm)OrangeArrow49 Yeah the 684/685 will take forever to do the full route between Hexham and Newcastle, but one X85 each way and only Monday to Friday seems pointless and unusable. The 74  is good one way, but the X84/X85 is a good quicker option. Disappointed there will be no services on Sundays (they could at least implement ticket acceptance on the 685). Arriva operates the Sunday 685 don't they?
Arriva do operate the 685 on a Sunday between Newcastle & Hexham. Probably the reason GNE won't run the 684 on a Sunday 

During the week 684 is roughly an 1hour 8 minutes journey time

685 Newcastle to Hexham about 50 minutes or so (Stagecoach/Arriva)
Train8261
23 Jan 2022, 12:55 pm #56

(23 Jan 2022, 12:39 pm)OrangeArrow49 Yeah the 684/685 will take forever to do the full route between Hexham and Newcastle, but one X85 each way and only Monday to Friday seems pointless and unusable. The 74  is good one way, but the X84/X85 is a good quicker option. Disappointed there will be no services on Sundays (they could at least implement ticket acceptance on the 685). Arriva operates the Sunday 685 don't they?
Arriva do operate the 685 on a Sunday between Newcastle & Hexham. Probably the reason GNE won't run the 684 on a Sunday 

During the week 684 is roughly an 1hour 8 minutes journey time

685 Newcastle to Hexham about 50 minutes or so (Stagecoach/Arriva)

23 Jan 2022, 1:01 pm #57
Be good if the 684 journey time could be under an hour (maybe about 50 minutes, same as the 685).
OrangeArrow49
23 Jan 2022, 1:01 pm #57

Be good if the 684 journey time could be under an hour (maybe about 50 minutes, same as the 685).

Omega54

23 Jan 2022, 1:06 pm #58
I wonder which depot is going to operate it and what vehicle will use it. 

It would be nice if it was 5498.
Omega54
23 Jan 2022, 1:06 pm #58

I wonder which depot is going to operate it and what vehicle will use it. 

23 Jan 2022, 1:13 pm #59
(23 Jan 2022, 1:06 pm)Omega54 I wonder which depot is going to operate it and what vehicle will use it. 

Hexham, Versa I guess. 

5498 is a good vehicle.
OrangeArrow49
23 Jan 2022, 1:13 pm #59

(23 Jan 2022, 1:06 pm)Omega54 I wonder which depot is going to operate it and what vehicle will use it. 

Hexham, Versa I guess. 

5498 is a good vehicle.

Bazza

23 Jan 2022, 5:32 pm #60

Not pointless to the worker working 9-5 Monday-Friday
Bazza
23 Jan 2022, 5:32 pm #60

Not pointless to the worker working 9-5 Monday-Friday

Pages (5) Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average