Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East: Order Predictions

Stagecoach North East: Order Predictions

Stagecoach North East: Order Predictions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (16) Previous 111 12 1316 Next
24 Aug 2022, 12:45 pm #221
I think Stagecoach London are starting to cascade the LX59 batch of E200s to other fleets, perhaps some of those may end up transferring over here?

[Image: imageHandler.php?user=wibblejunior]
wibblejunior
24 Aug 2022, 12:45 pm #221

I think Stagecoach London are starting to cascade the LX59 batch of E200s to other fleets, perhaps some of those may end up transferring over here?

24 Aug 2022, 1:26 pm #222
(24 Aug 2022, 12:45 pm)wibblejunior I think Stagecoach London are starting to cascade the LX59 batch of E200s to other fleets, perhaps some of those may end up transferring over here?
are they a shorter length than the E200s up here? i remember some of the 56 examples i think were really short, i think one is at bedford now. and i take it they will have the second door removed and seating placed there?

yes as i thought 36302 is an example of what i mean

https://www.flickr.com/photos/aswans1234...155423014/
toward6931
24 Aug 2022, 1:26 pm #222

(24 Aug 2022, 12:45 pm)wibblejunior I think Stagecoach London are starting to cascade the LX59 batch of E200s to other fleets, perhaps some of those may end up transferring over here?
are they a shorter length than the E200s up here? i remember some of the 56 examples i think were really short, i think one is at bedford now. and i take it they will have the second door removed and seating placed there?

24 Aug 2022, 3:22 pm #223

13 year old midibuses that have been trashed in London?  Hope not!
stagecoachbusdepot
24 Aug 2022, 3:22 pm #223

13 year old midibuses that have been trashed in London?  Hope not!

24 Aug 2022, 3:47 pm #224
(24 Aug 2022, 1:26 pm)toward6931 are they a shorter length than the E200s up here? i remember some of the 56 examples i think were really short, i think one is at bedford now. and i take it they will have the second door removed and seating placed there?

These are longer wheelbase ones.
https://flic.kr/p/2npYWXr

wibblejunior
24 Aug 2022, 3:47 pm #224

(24 Aug 2022, 1:26 pm)toward6931 are they a shorter length than the E200s up here? i remember some of the 56 examples i think were really short, i think one is at bedford now. and i take it they will have the second door removed and seating placed there?

These are longer wheelbase ones.
https://flic.kr/p/2npYWXr

col87

24 Aug 2022, 4:05 pm #225
Hartlepool especially needs investment. It’s fine bringing 4 darts up from Yorkshire but if one has been immediately scrapped another one has not been used due to problems and only 2 have actually been used in regular service while 4 buses have been withdrawn then it really don’t help much. The fact is since Stagecoach took over Hartlepool Transport it’s gone from a fully functional depot doing everything to the bare bones with services completely cut down. Hartlepool needs a depot or else it’s just going to lead to more service cuts in which case they might just be better off selling to Go North east or Arriva. They is a very simple solution though.

Move all remaining Darts to Hartlepool with some E200 going elsewhere as replacements.

Some of the Alx300 move to Hartlepool from Newcastle/ Stockton to see off most of the remaining Manviros.

Service 1 and 36 to be joint operated between Hartlepool and Stockton freeing up buses and drivers from Stockton depot. It means Hartlepool get some slightly better buses Stockton get some free drivers for other routes so win win.
col87
24 Aug 2022, 4:05 pm #225

Hartlepool especially needs investment. It’s fine bringing 4 darts up from Yorkshire but if one has been immediately scrapped another one has not been used due to problems and only 2 have actually been used in regular service while 4 buses have been withdrawn then it really don’t help much. The fact is since Stagecoach took over Hartlepool Transport it’s gone from a fully functional depot doing everything to the bare bones with services completely cut down. Hartlepool needs a depot or else it’s just going to lead to more service cuts in which case they might just be better off selling to Go North east or Arriva. They is a very simple solution though.

Move all remaining Darts to Hartlepool with some E200 going elsewhere as replacements.

Some of the Alx300 move to Hartlepool from Newcastle/ Stockton to see off most of the remaining Manviros.

Service 1 and 36 to be joint operated between Hartlepool and Stockton freeing up buses and drivers from Stockton depot. It means Hartlepool get some slightly better buses Stockton get some free drivers for other routes so win win.

24 Aug 2022, 4:54 pm #226
(24 Aug 2022, 4:05 pm)col87 Hartlepool especially needs investment. It’s fine bringing 4 darts up from Yorkshire but if one has been immediately scrapped another one has not been used due to problems and only 2 have actually been used in regular service while 4 buses have been withdrawn then it really don’t help much.  The fact is since Stagecoach took over Hartlepool Transport it’s gone from a fully functional depot doing everything to the bare bones with services completely cut down.  Hartlepool needs a depot or else it’s just going to lead to more service cuts in which case they might just be better off selling to Go North east or Arriva.  They is a very simple solution though.

Some of  the Alx300 move to Hartlepool from Newcastle/ Stockton to see off most of the remaining Manviros. 

Service 1 and 36 to be joint operated between Hartlepool and Stockton freeing up buses and drivers  from Stockton depot.  It means Hartlepool get some slightly better buses Stockton get some free drivers for other routes so win win.
yes would make sense that darts go to hartlepool, so that's the 2 (correct me if I'm wrong)at Sunderland swapped for 2 E200s, even if they are terrible Sunderland allegedly has a healthy spare vehicle ratio, however many at south shields swapped 1 for 1.

ideally services 1 and 36 as you suggest get jointly operated like the 62/63 in Newcastle. maybe 2/3 ALX 300from Stockton go to hartlepool in return for E200.

Hopefully either an investment of maybe 10-20 new short wheelbase MMCs per year for the next 3 years should be made which I would suggest for the CAZ coming split between Newcastle and Sunderland the first year, followed by Stockton and hartlepool the second year and then Newcastle and Sunderland the third year. thereby allowing the same amount of troublesome buses to be scrapped with hartlepool getting the 1st pick of any cascade until the problem has been sorted.

or as sadly is probably the most likely outcome is that whatever cascades are made through the group hartlepool tries to grab and see what it can use.
toward6931
24 Aug 2022, 4:54 pm #226

(24 Aug 2022, 4:05 pm)col87 Hartlepool especially needs investment. It’s fine bringing 4 darts up from Yorkshire but if one has been immediately scrapped another one has not been used due to problems and only 2 have actually been used in regular service while 4 buses have been withdrawn then it really don’t help much.  The fact is since Stagecoach took over Hartlepool Transport it’s gone from a fully functional depot doing everything to the bare bones with services completely cut down.  Hartlepool needs a depot or else it’s just going to lead to more service cuts in which case they might just be better off selling to Go North east or Arriva.  They is a very simple solution though.

Some of  the Alx300 move to Hartlepool from Newcastle/ Stockton to see off most of the remaining Manviros. 

Service 1 and 36 to be joint operated between Hartlepool and Stockton freeing up buses and drivers  from Stockton depot.  It means Hartlepool get some slightly better buses Stockton get some free drivers for other routes so win win.
yes would make sense that darts go to hartlepool, so that's the 2 (correct me if I'm wrong)at Sunderland swapped for 2 E200s, even if they are terrible Sunderland allegedly has a healthy spare vehicle ratio, however many at south shields swapped 1 for 1.

ideally services 1 and 36 as you suggest get jointly operated like the 62/63 in Newcastle. maybe 2/3 ALX 300from Stockton go to hartlepool in return for E200.

Hopefully either an investment of maybe 10-20 new short wheelbase MMCs per year for the next 3 years should be made which I would suggest for the CAZ coming split between Newcastle and Sunderland the first year, followed by Stockton and hartlepool the second year and then Newcastle and Sunderland the third year. thereby allowing the same amount of troublesome buses to be scrapped with hartlepool getting the 1st pick of any cascade until the problem has been sorted.

or as sadly is probably the most likely outcome is that whatever cascades are made through the group hartlepool tries to grab and see what it can use.

Storx

24 Aug 2022, 5:45 pm #227
(24 Aug 2022, 4:54 pm)toward6931 yes would make sense that darts go to hartlepool, so that's the 2 (correct me if I'm wrong)at Sunderland swapped for 2 E200s, even if they are terrible Sunderland allegedly has a healthy spare vehicle ratio, however many at south shields swapped 1 for 1.

I don't want to be a doom and gloomer here but remember Stagecoach South Shields / Sunderland and Stagecoach Teesside / Hartlepool haven't had any cuts in relationship to the end of the Covid bailouts yet.

There will be cuts at both, the 18 and 30 were definitely on the chopping block at Sunderland / South Shields before the extension came in last minute. Hartlepool has always been a weak depot so wouldn't be surprised to see a few cuts there aswell. Isn't there a few hourly services which only operate 9am - 5pm, never the sort of services that will be money makers.

Once they eventually come in, I wouldn't be surprised to see there's enough to get rid of the MAN's.
Storx
24 Aug 2022, 5:45 pm #227

(24 Aug 2022, 4:54 pm)toward6931 yes would make sense that darts go to hartlepool, so that's the 2 (correct me if I'm wrong)at Sunderland swapped for 2 E200s, even if they are terrible Sunderland allegedly has a healthy spare vehicle ratio, however many at south shields swapped 1 for 1.

I don't want to be a doom and gloomer here but remember Stagecoach South Shields / Sunderland and Stagecoach Teesside / Hartlepool haven't had any cuts in relationship to the end of the Covid bailouts yet.

There will be cuts at both, the 18 and 30 were definitely on the chopping block at Sunderland / South Shields before the extension came in last minute. Hartlepool has always been a weak depot so wouldn't be surprised to see a few cuts there aswell. Isn't there a few hourly services which only operate 9am - 5pm, never the sort of services that will be money makers.

Once they eventually come in, I wouldn't be surprised to see there's enough to get rid of the MAN's.

24 Aug 2022, 5:50 pm #228

4 MANs withdrawn, 2 Darts plus 2 E200 (36092/93) arrived = no worse off???

What benefit is there to losing E200s which are some of Hartlepool's newest vehicles to other depots, to gain older Darts?

(24 Aug 2022, 5:45 pm)Storx I don't want to be a doom and gloomer here but remember Stagecoach South Shields / Sunderland and Stagecoach Teesside / Hartlepool haven't had any cuts in relationship to the end of the Covid bailouts yet.

I've said previosuly but wouldn't necessarily expect mega cuts at Sunderland as they basically implemented the frequency reductions that were already planned - plus their main services generally appear to be doing pretty well in terms of loadings.  The 18 presumably will be secured if/when they finally pull the plug, but it's only 2 vehicles anyway (of which one is needed for scholars at either end of the day) so not a great release of vehicles there.  In Sunderland, the 8 would be the other potential for a frequency cut maybe?
Edited 24 Aug 2022, 5:54 pm by stagecoachbusdepot.
stagecoachbusdepot
24 Aug 2022, 5:50 pm #228

4 MANs withdrawn, 2 Darts plus 2 E200 (36092/93) arrived = no worse off???

What benefit is there to losing E200s which are some of Hartlepool's newest vehicles to other depots, to gain older Darts?

(24 Aug 2022, 5:45 pm)Storx I don't want to be a doom and gloomer here but remember Stagecoach South Shields / Sunderland and Stagecoach Teesside / Hartlepool haven't had any cuts in relationship to the end of the Covid bailouts yet.

I've said previosuly but wouldn't necessarily expect mega cuts at Sunderland as they basically implemented the frequency reductions that were already planned - plus their main services generally appear to be doing pretty well in terms of loadings.  The 18 presumably will be secured if/when they finally pull the plug, but it's only 2 vehicles anyway (of which one is needed for scholars at either end of the day) so not a great release of vehicles there.  In Sunderland, the 8 would be the other potential for a frequency cut maybe?

Michael

24 Aug 2022, 6:07 pm #229
(24 Aug 2022, 5:50 pm)stagecoachbusdepot 4 MANs withdrawn, 2 Darts plus 2 E200 (36092/93) arrived = no worse off???

I'm really surprised its still going, service was wreaked when the council decided to close the Queen Alexandrea Bridge for work (which was needed) and terminate them at each end of the bridge - and when it opened the service never recovered, even after the route change to go Via Pennywell etc, it still runs empty.

Wonder if they would merge the route with another route - maybe you could change the 20 back to its old route in Pennywell... the route is pretty much covered with other routes:

E's - Seaburn
16 - Grindon
10/11 - Pallion
3/4/12/13/16 - Southwick
3/13 - Gilly Law

Its got to be running a massive loss?, it carries fresh air during the day and on school days, its a double decker.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
24 Aug 2022, 6:07 pm #229

(24 Aug 2022, 5:50 pm)stagecoachbusdepot 4 MANs withdrawn, 2 Darts plus 2 E200 (36092/93) arrived = no worse off???

I'm really surprised its still going, service was wreaked when the council decided to close the Queen Alexandrea Bridge for work (which was needed) and terminate them at each end of the bridge - and when it opened the service never recovered, even after the route change to go Via Pennywell etc, it still runs empty.

Wonder if they would merge the route with another route - maybe you could change the 20 back to its old route in Pennywell... the route is pretty much covered with other routes:

E's - Seaburn
16 - Grindon
10/11 - Pallion
3/4/12/13/16 - Southwick
3/13 - Gilly Law

Its got to be running a massive loss?, it carries fresh air during the day and on school days, its a double decker.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Storx

24 Aug 2022, 6:09 pm #230
(24 Aug 2022, 5:50 pm)stagecoachbusdepot I've said previosuly but wouldn't necessarily expect mega cuts at Sunderland as they basically implemented the frequency reductions that were already planned - plus their main services generally appear to be doing pretty well in terms of loadings.  The 18 presumably will be secured if/when they finally pull the plug, but it's only 2 vehicles anyway (of which one is needed for scholars at either end of the day) so not a great release of vehicles there.  In Sunderland, the 8 would be the other potential for a frequency cut maybe?

Aye agreed, only little things I think might happen is the 3/4 being dropped from every 12 minutes to every 15 minutes or the 20 being dropped to every 12 minutes etc. Little changes that won't really impact people tbh but drop the PVR a bit.

It's Hartlepool and South Shields I have a feeling might get clattered. Both are low cost units which means to me don't make any money and that was before Covid not to mention Stagecoach conveniently moving the E's which are decent routes to Sunderland randomly.

Hartlepool I wouldn't be surprised to see desperate changes like which tax payers will no doubt have to fund alternatives:
1 - Dropped South of Seaton Carew
3/3A - Dropped altogether
6/7 - 6 withdrawn, 7 route extended to the South Fens via the 6 route and evening extension
36 - Extended to replace the top half of the 6

The place has been a basket case for years hence the lack of investment, low cost units etc.
Storx
24 Aug 2022, 6:09 pm #230

(24 Aug 2022, 5:50 pm)stagecoachbusdepot I've said previosuly but wouldn't necessarily expect mega cuts at Sunderland as they basically implemented the frequency reductions that were already planned - plus their main services generally appear to be doing pretty well in terms of loadings.  The 18 presumably will be secured if/when they finally pull the plug, but it's only 2 vehicles anyway (of which one is needed for scholars at either end of the day) so not a great release of vehicles there.  In Sunderland, the 8 would be the other potential for a frequency cut maybe?

Aye agreed, only little things I think might happen is the 3/4 being dropped from every 12 minutes to every 15 minutes or the 20 being dropped to every 12 minutes etc. Little changes that won't really impact people tbh but drop the PVR a bit.

It's Hartlepool and South Shields I have a feeling might get clattered. Both are low cost units which means to me don't make any money and that was before Covid not to mention Stagecoach conveniently moving the E's which are decent routes to Sunderland randomly.

Hartlepool I wouldn't be surprised to see desperate changes like which tax payers will no doubt have to fund alternatives:
6/7 - 6 withdrawn, 7 route extended to the South Fens via the 6 route and evening extension

The place has been a basket case for years hence the lack of investment, low cost units etc.

Unber43

24 Aug 2022, 6:36 pm #231
(24 Aug 2022, 6:07 pm)Michael I'm really surprised its still going, service was wreaked when the council decided to close the Queen Alexandrea Bridge for work (which was needed) and terminate them at each end of the bridge - and when it opened the service never recovered, even after the route change to go Via Pennywell etc, it still runs empty.

E's -  Seaburn
16 - Grindon
10/11 - Pallion
3/4/12/13/16 - Southwick
3/13 - Gilly Law

I wonder if the 20 cancellation might increase passenger numbers on the 39A/39B if it does its coming at a bad time
Unber43
24 Aug 2022, 6:36 pm #231

(24 Aug 2022, 6:07 pm)Michael I'm really surprised its still going, service was wreaked when the council decided to close the Queen Alexandrea Bridge for work (which was needed) and terminate them at each end of the bridge - and when it opened the service never recovered, even after the route change to go Via Pennywell etc, it still runs empty.

E's -  Seaburn
16 - Grindon
10/11 - Pallion
3/4/12/13/16 - Southwick
3/13 - Gilly Law

I wonder if the 20 cancellation might increase passenger numbers on the 39A/39B if it does its coming at a bad time

Michael

24 Aug 2022, 6:54 pm #232
(24 Aug 2022, 6:36 pm)Unber43 I wonder if the 20 cancellation might increase passenger numbers on the 39A/39B if it does its coming at a bad time

I doubt Stagecoach would cancel the 20, its one of their busiest routes in Sunderland... pretty sure at one point in the 1990's, it ran every 5 minutes.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
24 Aug 2022, 6:54 pm #232

(24 Aug 2022, 6:36 pm)Unber43 I wonder if the 20 cancellation might increase passenger numbers on the 39A/39B if it does its coming at a bad time

I doubt Stagecoach would cancel the 20, its one of their busiest routes in Sunderland... pretty sure at one point in the 1990's, it ran every 5 minutes.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

24 Aug 2022, 7:20 pm #233
Scotland getting 38 more electric buses, i wonder if there will be more cascades to SNE,7 standard length single decker's and included 5 midi buses are in the order so even in the extremely unlikely event of no routes getting cut, that could be a nice little haul of buses to "modernise" SNEs fleet, after the state of the 08 E300s though I wouldn't hold my breath

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-t...K5gQmkznTc
toward6931
24 Aug 2022, 7:20 pm #233

Scotland getting 38 more electric buses, i wonder if there will be more cascades to SNE,7 standard length single decker's and included 5 midi buses are in the order so even in the extremely unlikely event of no routes getting cut, that could be a nice little haul of buses to "modernise" SNEs fleet, after the state of the 08 E300s though I wouldn't hold my breath

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-t...K5gQmkznTc

col87

24 Aug 2022, 7:29 pm #234
(24 Aug 2022, 6:09 pm)Storx Aye agreed, only little things I think might happen is the 3/4 being dropped from every 12 minutes to every 15 minutes or the 20 being dropped to every 12 minutes etc. Little changes that won't really impact people tbh but drop the PVR a bit.

Clearly you have no connection to Hartlepool then as you just making everything even worse.  They nit going to make cuts to the 6/7 as they the two most profitable services in the town always usually quite busy even out of peak time.  The 1 I don’t see getting cut either for the same reason.  What might happen though is this.   
1 Middlesbrough service dropped to hourly. Don’t forget  if it gets cut completely that’s no service at all for Haverton Hill and Port Clarence so they will still be a service there. Then every 15 minutes to Seaton Carew.

3/3A. Works well enough as it is as usually gets enough passengers to continue. Maybe could reduce Bishop Cuthbert to hourly but it works as it is.  

6/7 No changes.  They tried going down to every 15 minutes during the emergency Timetables it ended up been a farce with a lot of complaints and people not having a service for nearly half an hour due to late running and breakdowns. I don’t see them trying again.  

36.  Your having a laugh. It did originally do the 6 route it was changed to the Marina for a reason due to it been easier. The same reason the Marina section was cut off was down to it been able to make up time if it running late by looping the Town Centre they no way it’s going to go back to doing the 6 route.   If anything merging the 36 and 37 will be an improvement will save a bus or two and have the added bonus of a direct service between Hartlepool and North Tees Hospital.  
Other than  a couple of changes in 2017 then a few minor tweaks in 2018 the Hartlepool network for the most part has been stable since 2010 what’s needed is a few extra services and better buses not closing the depot and having buses that are no good.  
Up until everything got decided at Sunderland Hartlepool actually worked fine it’s only since the creation of Stagecoach North East that Hartlepool started to get worse when it was just under Cleveland Transit it worked a lot better. It’s the management what’s actually ran the depot down to cut costs.
col87
24 Aug 2022, 7:29 pm #234

(24 Aug 2022, 6:09 pm)Storx Aye agreed, only little things I think might happen is the 3/4 being dropped from every 12 minutes to every 15 minutes or the 20 being dropped to every 12 minutes etc. Little changes that won't really impact people tbh but drop the PVR a bit.

Clearly you have no connection to Hartlepool then as you just making everything even worse.  They nit going to make cuts to the 6/7 as they the two most profitable services in the town always usually quite busy even out of peak time.  The 1 I don’t see getting cut either for the same reason.  What might happen though is this.   
1 Middlesbrough service dropped to hourly. Don’t forget  if it gets cut completely that’s no service at all for Haverton Hill and Port Clarence so they will still be a service there. Then every 15 minutes to Seaton Carew.

3/3A. Works well enough as it is as usually gets enough passengers to continue. Maybe could reduce Bishop Cuthbert to hourly but it works as it is.  

6/7 No changes.  They tried going down to every 15 minutes during the emergency Timetables it ended up been a farce with a lot of complaints and people not having a service for nearly half an hour due to late running and breakdowns. I don’t see them trying again.  

36.  Your having a laugh. It did originally do the 6 route it was changed to the Marina for a reason due to it been easier. The same reason the Marina section was cut off was down to it been able to make up time if it running late by looping the Town Centre they no way it’s going to go back to doing the 6 route.   If anything merging the 36 and 37 will be an improvement will save a bus or two and have the added bonus of a direct service between Hartlepool and North Tees Hospital.  
Other than  a couple of changes in 2017 then a few minor tweaks in 2018 the Hartlepool network for the most part has been stable since 2010 what’s needed is a few extra services and better buses not closing the depot and having buses that are no good.  
Up until everything got decided at Sunderland Hartlepool actually worked fine it’s only since the creation of Stagecoach North East that Hartlepool started to get worse when it was just under Cleveland Transit it worked a lot better. It’s the management what’s actually ran the depot down to cut costs.

Storx

24 Aug 2022, 8:14 pm #235
(24 Aug 2022, 7:29 pm)col87 Clearly you have no connection to Hartlepool then as you just making everything even worse.  They nit going to make cuts to the 6/7 as they the two most profitable services in the town always usually quite busy even out of peak time.  The 1 I don’t see getting cut either for the same reason.  What might happen though is this.   

The thing is though they could make changes which could streamline things but keep services mostly the same without duplicating services.

Just to pick the 6/7/36/37/38

You could do

36: Clavering to Owton Manor, Every 20 Minutes or Middlesbrough, Every 20 Minutes - Combined Fens to Clavering, Every 10 Minutes
37: Every 20/40 Minutes
38: Every Hour
36/37/38: Every 10 Minutes

6: Withdrawn
7: Every 10 Minutes

Hartlepool has it's two 10 minute services still without the duplicating 6/36.

Bar a small estate in Norton and the awkward 20/40 at the end of the 37, there's still a 20 minute service on the 37/38 and the combined 10 minute service between Norton and Middlesbrough (vs 7.5 now).

Those buses being pulled off the 36/38 will be used to improve what was the 6 with newer buses from Stockton with a suitable layover at Owton Manor so they're not delayed so Hartlepool wins aswell.
Storx
24 Aug 2022, 8:14 pm #235

(24 Aug 2022, 7:29 pm)col87 Clearly you have no connection to Hartlepool then as you just making everything even worse.  They nit going to make cuts to the 6/7 as they the two most profitable services in the town always usually quite busy even out of peak time.  The 1 I don’t see getting cut either for the same reason.  What might happen though is this.   

The thing is though they could make changes which could streamline things but keep services mostly the same without duplicating services.

You could do

36: Clavering to Owton Manor, Every 20 Minutes or Middlesbrough, Every 20 Minutes - Combined Fens to Clavering, Every 10 Minutes

Bar a small estate in Norton and the awkward 20/40 at the end of the 37, there's still a 20 minute service on the 37/38 and the combined 10 minute service between Norton and Middlesbrough (vs 7.5 now).

Those buses being pulled off the 36/38 will be used to improve what was the 6 with newer buses from Stockton with a suitable layover at Owton Manor so they're not delayed so Hartlepool wins aswell.

col87

24 Aug 2022, 11:33 pm #236
(24 Aug 2022, 8:14 pm)Storx The thing is though they could make changes which could streamline things but keep services mostly the same without duplicating services.

You could do

It don’t work though the 6 works and has worked for decades it would be very stupid to get rid.
col87
24 Aug 2022, 11:33 pm #236

(24 Aug 2022, 8:14 pm)Storx The thing is though they could make changes which could streamline things but keep services mostly the same without duplicating services.

You could do

It don’t work though the 6 works and has worked for decades it would be very stupid to get rid.

glen

25 Aug 2022, 1:21 am #237
Way can't stagecoach north east pay standhard buses to replace all alx man buses if want get rid off them if can't new buses then.
glen
25 Aug 2022, 1:21 am #237

Way can't stagecoach north east pay standhard buses to replace all alx man buses if want get rid off them if can't new buses then.

25 Aug 2022, 1:30 am #238
(25 Aug 2022, 1:21 am)glen Way can't stagecoach north east pay standhard buses to replace all alx man buses if want get rid off them if can't new buses then.
ALXs aren't the problem glen, for their age they are quite good, its the E200s that are the problems
toward6931
25 Aug 2022, 1:30 am #238

(25 Aug 2022, 1:21 am)glen Way can't stagecoach north east pay standhard buses to replace all alx man buses if want get rid off them if can't new buses then.
ALXs aren't the problem glen, for their age they are quite good, its the E200s that are the problems

glen

25 Aug 2022, 1:37 am #239
Thanks for info mate I didn't that mate. I thought it was man alx buses.
glen
25 Aug 2022, 1:37 am #239

Thanks for info mate I didn't that mate. I thought it was man alx buses.

tcts24

25 Aug 2022, 9:40 am #240
Newer doesn't neccessarily mean better. Obviously it may vary depending on who you ask, but if i was to name the crappest few buses at Hartlepool starting with the worst- 36467, 36464, 36462. Of course I'm coming from a drivers view rather than engineering, but in my opinion some of the newest buses are the most problematic in service.

In terms of cuts... I can't see any coming for the 1. Especially the long 1's as it would leave the Clarences without a bus, barring 1 journey a day on Stockton's 58A. The short 1's are actually set to improve with the reintroduction of an evening bus! Route 3 could theorectally be chopped north of ASDA where they aren't especially busy. 6 and 7 would be the most obvious target for a frequency reduction. Hartlepool is of course to gain an extra bus for it's forthcoming County Durham school contract meaning an extra spare on weekends at least!
tcts24
25 Aug 2022, 9:40 am #240

Newer doesn't neccessarily mean better. Obviously it may vary depending on who you ask, but if i was to name the crappest few buses at Hartlepool starting with the worst- 36467, 36464, 36462. Of course I'm coming from a drivers view rather than engineering, but in my opinion some of the newest buses are the most problematic in service.

In terms of cuts... I can't see any coming for the 1. Especially the long 1's as it would leave the Clarences without a bus, barring 1 journey a day on Stockton's 58A. The short 1's are actually set to improve with the reintroduction of an evening bus! Route 3 could theorectally be chopped north of ASDA where they aren't especially busy. 6 and 7 would be the most obvious target for a frequency reduction. Hartlepool is of course to gain an extra bus for it's forthcoming County Durham school contract meaning an extra spare on weekends at least!

Pages (16) Previous 111 12 1316 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average