Menu

Pages (18)    113 14 1518   
L469 YVK   27 Aug 2022, 6:55 pm
(27 Aug 2022, 6:24 pm)Storx wrote Be interesting to see what happens with Percy Main aswell as they're rather lacking routes (1/19/41(A)/309/310/311). Wonder if they might gain something from elsewhere but not sure what there's only really the 9/24/26 triangle that's anywhere near.
How can Percy Main remain open with only that amount of work? Surely they'd be better doing a 'deal' with Arriva who have presence around North Tyneside but will soon lack nearby facilities.

I won't go into anymore detail on this thread to 'avoid' it turning into a hard suggestion.
cbma06   27 Aug 2022, 7:00 pm
(27 Aug 2022, 6:24 pm)Storx wrote Wouldn't be surprised to see some odd routes move around to cover the driver issue.

Be interesting to see what happens with Percy Main aswell as they're rather lacking routes (1/19/41(A)/309/310/311). Wonder if they might gain something from elsewhere but not sure what there's only really the 9/24/26 triangle that's anywhere near.

Since PM duties go through the Tyne tunnel to do some Washington services on the evenings etc…, Couldn’t the 27 be transferred to PM from Riverside?, it would free up more space at riverside depot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan   27 Aug 2022, 7:20 pm
(27 Aug 2022, 6:55 pm)L469 YVK wrote How can Percy Main remain open with only that amount of work? Surely they'd be better doing a 'deal' with Arriva who have presence around North Tyneside but will soon lack nearby facilities.

I won't go into anymore detail on this thread to 'avoid' it turning into a hard suggestion.

With a sizeable number of two-year scholars contracts.

Unber43   27 Aug 2022, 7:21 pm
(27 Aug 2022, 6:24 pm)Storx wrote Wouldn't be surprised to see some odd routes move around to cover the driver issue.

Be interesting to see what happens with Percy Main aswell as they're rather lacking routes (1/19/41(A)/309/310/311). Wonder if they might gain something from elsewhere but not sure what there's only really the 9/24/26 triangle that's anywhere near.
Really GNE could add the 5 & 9 to run through to North Shields. And then they can do driver change overs with the 310 & 1 or something.

It will probs be more contract work or convert it to a more maintenance depot for Riverside.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Storx   27 Aug 2022, 7:28 pm
(27 Aug 2022, 6:55 pm)L469 YVK wrote How can Percy Main remain open with only that amount of work? Surely they'd be better doing a 'deal' with Arriva who have presence around North Tyneside but will soon lack nearby facilities.

Aye can't disagree really. I'm sure they'll have a plan somewhere tbf.

(27 Aug 2022, 7:00 pm)cbma06 wrote Since PM duties go through the Tyne tunnel to do some Washington services on the evenings etc…, Couldn’t the 27 be transferred to PM from Riverside?, it would free up more space at riverside depot.

Not a bad shout that tbf. Be interesting, it's the same with the 34 and CLS locals since Washington doesn't really have much more space and Consett is rumoured to be gaining the 6 aswell. I'm sure we'll find out soon though.
itsadam   28 Aug 2022, 1:47 pm
Does anyone know if the office in Chester for drivers will close too? It's handy for drivers imo and it'll be a shame if that goes too
Unber43   28 Aug 2022, 2:00 pm
(28 Aug 2022, 1:47 pm)itsadam wrote Does anyone know if the office in Chester for drivers will close too? It's handy for drivers imo and it'll be a shame if that goes too
If it's handy for drivers it will most definitely go
citaro5284   28 Aug 2022, 3:50 pm
(28 Aug 2022, 1:47 pm)itsadam wrote Does anyone know if the office in Chester for drivers will close too? It's handy for drivers imo and it'll be a shame if that goes too

Doubt there is any point leaving it open.  Washington drivers changeover there, but have their baits at Washington depot as they might not take over a bus back at Chester-le-St and Riverside drivers will changeover at Gateshead Metro.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
NL62WVW   28 Aug 2022, 8:44 pm

Yes it's closing as far as we are aware

Views and Opinions are my own
Ambassador   28 Aug 2022, 9:49 pm
It’ll be interesting to see how Riverside manage the chaotic 21 and X21, particularly issues at the Southern end where a lot of the issues occur.

The A1 isn’t really a fast dead run solution these days with the roadworks (until 2024 at least)

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
BusLoverMum   28 Aug 2022, 9:57 pm
The A1 has had roadworks since it became the A1.
Ambassador   28 Aug 2022, 10:10 pm
(28 Aug 2022, 9:57 pm)BusLoverMum wrote The A1 has had roadworks since it became the A1.

Yes but in their 5 year project bid to make the worst bit…less worse, they’ve made Durham Road through Birtley and Low Fell….also worse.

It’s a sea of worse. There ain’t no quick route from Dunston to Durham these days

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
streetdeckfan   28 Aug 2022, 11:03 pm
(28 Aug 2022, 10:10 pm)Ambassador wrote Yes but in their 5 year project bid to make the worst bit…less worse, they’ve made Durham Road through Birtley and Low Fell….also worse.

It’s a sea of worse. There ain’t no quick route from Dunston to Durham these days
We typically come off at Sainsbury's, go up Chowdene bank and onto Durham road to miss out the traffic, so much faster than staying on the A1!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
L469 YVK   29 Aug 2022, 8:09 am
(28 Aug 2022, 3:50 pm)citaro5284 wrote Doubt there is any point leaving it open.  Washington drivers changeover there, but have their baits at Washington depot as they might not take over a bus back at Chester-le-St and Riverside drivers will changeover at Gateshead Metro.
Will Stanley's bait room re-open with the 6?
lloyd647   31 Aug 2022, 12:35 pm
Does anyone know when the 21 and X21 are moving to riverside also just wondering when will the Q3 transfer back to riverside.
streetdeckfan   31 Aug 2022, 12:51 pm
(31 Aug 2022, 12:35 pm)lloyd647 wrote Does anyone know when the 21 and X21 are moving to riverside also just wondering when will the Q3 transfer back to riverside.

If I were to take a guess, I'd say it would be on the 3rd September as that's when the timetable changes, and the X21 includes earlier runs from Gateshead
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
citaro5284   31 Aug 2022, 1:18 pm
(31 Aug 2022, 12:35 pm)lloyd647 wrote Does anyone know when the 21 and X21 are moving to riverside also just wondering when will the Q3 transfer back to riverside.

Riverside take over the 21/X21/Q3 from Saturday 3rd September.
Unber43   31 Aug 2022, 1:21 pm
34 is probably going to Consett, so we might see some rare Xlines Workings.

However they could intergrate the 78 service changing over with the 34.

78 to CLS > 1 loop 34 > 78 Sunderland > 78 Consett
citaro5284   31 Aug 2022, 1:33 pm
(31 Aug 2022, 1:21 pm)Unber43 wrote 34 is probably going to Consett, so we might see some rare Xlines Workings.

However they could intergrate the 78 service changing over with the 34.

78 to CLS > 1 loop 34 > 78 Sunderland > 78 Consett

Washington
Unber43   31 Aug 2022, 1:42 pm
(31 Aug 2022, 1:33 pm)citaro5284 wrote Washington
Does Washington have the space? They are getting the 58/34. 

I think some routes could move out of washington. X1 could switch at Concord with the 56 or Gateshead for Riverside based, the 4 could switch at Washington with the Berries.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   31 Aug 2022, 3:03 pm
(28 Aug 2022, 8:44 pm)NL62WVW wrote Yes it's closing as far as we are aware

I'm really surprised they're closing that as a facility.

What do those working the 34, 71 and the Chester locals do in terms of toilet facilities? I don't think there are any public toilets at Chester-le-Street any more.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Ianthegoon   31 Aug 2022, 4:55 pm
(31 Aug 2022, 3:03 pm)Adrian wrote I'm really surprised they're closing that as a facility.

What do those working the 34, 71 and the Chester locals do in terms of toilet facilities? I don't think there are any public toilets at Chester-le-Street any more.

When I'm out travelling I often nip down to the Tescos, but I don't know whether that's possible for the drivers?
Adrian   31 Aug 2022, 5:09 pm
(31 Aug 2022, 4:55 pm)Ianthegoon wrote When I'm out travelling I often nip down to the Tescos, but I don't know whether that's possible for the drivers?

Tesco's toilet is a customer toilet though. I think if you had loads of bus drivers using it, something would very quickly be said to the company.

Unber43   31 Aug 2022, 5:12 pm
I am not sure how it currently works with the Washington services 71 etc however, do they just do there 4-5 hour shift, return to the Depot for their break and then go back to CLS?

Surely they'll keep it open bit stupid if they don't it would save them loads in deadruns. I wonder if extending the 71 to Washington could be an option to save with changeovers there.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
stagecoachbusdepot   31 Aug 2022, 5:19 pm
(31 Aug 2022, 5:09 pm)Adrian wrote Tesco's toilet is a customer toilet though. I think if you had loads of bus drivers using it, something would very quickly be said to the company.

Are bus drivers not allowed to shop in Tesco like?
Unber43   31 Aug 2022, 5:26 pm
(31 Aug 2022, 5:19 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Are bus drivers not allowed to shop in Tesco like?
They are, but if they are going in just for the toilet there will be complaints from Tesco Managers to GNE if they don't purchase anything. 

However really there will only be a few drivers changing over at CLS, 71,34,700s.
Adrian   31 Aug 2022, 5:28 pm
(31 Aug 2022, 5:19 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Are bus drivers not allowed to shop in Tesco like?

No, absolutely not. They are required to shop at Morrisons only...  Rolleyes

You know the point that is being made, and it's widely accepted that businesses providing toilets in customer areas are customer toilets. Not for a business to direct their staff to, because they've identified a cost-saving in shutting down their own facility.

Not to mention that it's bad enough drivers are expected to use council 'maintained' public toilets elsewhere; most of which are a disgrace and I wouldn't let my dog use them. Maybe we should be asking whether bus drivers have the right to decent hygiene facilities instead?

stagecoachbusdepot   31 Aug 2022, 5:30 pm
(31 Aug 2022, 5:28 pm)Adrian wrote No, absolutely not. They are required to shop at Morrisons only...  Rolleyes

You know the point that is being made, and it's widely accepted that businesses providing toilets in customer areas are customer toilets. Not for a business to direct their staff to, because they've identified a cost-saving in shutting down their own facility.

Not to mention that it's bad enough drivers are expected to use council 'maintained' public toilets elsewhere; most of which are a disgrace and I wouldn't let my dog use them. Maybe we should be asking whether bus drivers have the right to decent hygiene facilities instead?

Would rather discuss the fleet, routes etc rather than the fine detail of where drivers are allowed to urinate tbh.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Unber43   31 Aug 2022, 5:31 pm
(31 Aug 2022, 5:28 pm)Adrian wrote No, absolutely not. They are required to shop at Morrisons only...  Rolleyes

In London they have driver toilets at Terminals, really CLS should have one. 

Consett, Stanley,CLS, Durham, Sunderland, Houghton, Hetton,Metrocetnre, Gateshead, Heworth, Newcastle, Peterlee should all have them for drivers only
Rob44   31 Aug 2022, 5:53 pm
(31 Aug 2022, 5:31 pm)Unber43 wrote In London they have driver toilets at Terminals, really CLS should have one. 

Consett, Stanley,CLS, Durham, Sunderland, Houghton, Hetton,Metrocetnre, Gateshead, Heworth, Newcastle, Peterlee should all have them for drivers only

doesnt newcastle and gateshead have them?  The gateshead one is next to where the 21 stops i think?  The newcastle one is in the arriva office?
Pages (18)    113 14 1518