Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150) Previous 1135 136 137150 Next
30 Jan 2023, 1:59 pm #2,701
Withdraw the TB29 and have the either the 49/49A or 96 serve Racecourse Estate.
Or create a new service that goes: Newcastle, Quayside, Gateshead, Racecourse Estate, A1, Ellison Road, Market Lane, Swalwell, Metrocentre (example in PDF).

The 2/2A, 4, 8, 50 & X1 all need increases because they are getting overcrowded very regularly.

I also want the 81/82/82A mess cleared up so that the same operator runs both the daytime and evening services, i would also like to one of these go into Newcastle perhaps replacing the 91 aswell to save money.
Attached Files
.pdf
64 Timetable.pdf
Size 106.96 KB / Downloads 9

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
30 Jan 2023, 1:59 pm #2,701

Withdraw the TB29 and have the either the 49/49A or 96 serve Racecourse Estate.
Or create a new service that goes: Newcastle, Quayside, Gateshead, Racecourse Estate, A1, Ellison Road, Market Lane, Swalwell, Metrocentre (example in PDF).

The 2/2A, 4, 8, 50 & X1 all need increases because they are getting overcrowded very regularly.

I also want the 81/82/82A mess cleared up so that the same operator runs both the daytime and evening services, i would also like to one of these go into Newcastle perhaps replacing the 91 aswell to save money.

Attached Files
.pdf
64 Timetable.pdf
Size 106.96 KB / Downloads 9

cbma06

30 Jan 2023, 2:36 pm #2,702
(30 Jan 2023, 1:59 pm)ASX_Terranova Withdraw the TB29 and have the either the 49/49A or 96 serve Racecourse Estate.

If there increase the 2/2a, 4, 8,50,x1 etc etc, then where will these drivers come from?, don’t forget there is a driver shortage, and then there be back to square one with cancellations on a big scale, and will GNE pay for these extra wages for these drivers since GNE are not making profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
30 Jan 2023, 2:36 pm #2,702

(30 Jan 2023, 1:59 pm)ASX_Terranova Withdraw the TB29 and have the either the 49/49A or 96 serve Racecourse Estate.

If there increase the 2/2a, 4, 8,50,x1 etc etc, then where will these drivers come from?, don’t forget there is a driver shortage, and then there be back to square one with cancellations on a big scale, and will GNE pay for these extra wages for these drivers since GNE are not making profit.

30 Jan 2023, 3:42 pm #2,703
(30 Jan 2023, 2:36 pm)cbma06 If there increase the 2/2a, 4, 8,50,x1 etc etc, then where will these drivers come from?, don’t forget there is a driver shortage, and then there be back to square one with cancellations on a big scale, and will GNE pay for these extra wages for these drivers since GNE are not making profit.

They have sub-contracted services to other independents, is that an option at the moment?
If an independent suddenly decided to start commerical competition on a GNE flagship route, would they have the resources to fight back?

ASX_Terranova
30 Jan 2023, 3:42 pm #2,703

(30 Jan 2023, 2:36 pm)cbma06 If there increase the 2/2a, 4, 8,50,x1 etc etc, then where will these drivers come from?, don’t forget there is a driver shortage, and then there be back to square one with cancellations on a big scale, and will GNE pay for these extra wages for these drivers since GNE are not making profit.

They have sub-contracted services to other independents, is that an option at the moment?
If an independent suddenly decided to start commerical competition on a GNE flagship route, would they have the resources to fight back?

cbma06

30 Jan 2023, 3:54 pm #2,704
(30 Jan 2023, 3:42 pm)ASX_Terranova They have sub-contracted services to other independents, is that an option at the moment?

Sub contracting out was to help the independants out otherwise independent drivers would of had no jobs left and a lot more independents would of folded

Competition is practically dead in the water these days, there’s no profit in doing so especially when the bigger independants have been swallowed up or ran off the road.

cbma06
30 Jan 2023, 3:54 pm #2,704

(30 Jan 2023, 3:42 pm)ASX_Terranova They have sub-contracted services to other independents, is that an option at the moment?

Sub contracting out was to help the independants out otherwise independent drivers would of had no jobs left and a lot more independents would of folded

Competition is practically dead in the water these days, there’s no profit in doing so especially when the bigger independants have been swallowed up or ran off the road.

Unber43

30 Jan 2023, 5:26 pm #2,705

50 is never that busy. Like it could be a couple of journeys a day. 

I agree with the 2/2A, 4, 8 & X1 however I think the X1 would be better as an every 15 mins for timetabling wise. The 20/60 are reguarly rammed too.
Unber43
30 Jan 2023, 5:26 pm #2,705

50 is never that busy. Like it could be a couple of journeys a day. 

I agree with the 2/2A, 4, 8 & X1 however I think the X1 would be better as an every 15 mins for timetabling wise. The 20/60 are reguarly rammed too.

LVK 404L

31 Jan 2023, 3:01 pm #2,706
Re X66. I'm going to regret saying this.

Why not withdraw it altogether and replace with extension to services that exist already that terminate either Gateshead or Meteocentre.

Ie extend 97 from Metrocentre back to Gateshead via X66 route
Or 51/52 from Gateshead to Metrocentre via X66 route.

Alternatively something with the Newcastle bound buses, truncate some of them at Gateshead but send to Metrocentre instead. Similar to what Arriva did a few years ago with X1/X2/X12 or whatever number it was at the time, when they sent it to Metrocentre on a Sunday.
LVK 404L
31 Jan 2023, 3:01 pm #2,706

Re X66. I'm going to regret saying this.

Why not withdraw it altogether and replace with extension to services that exist already that terminate either Gateshead or Meteocentre.

Alternatively something with the Newcastle bound buses, truncate some of them at Gateshead but send to Metrocentre instead. Similar to what Arriva did a few years ago with X1/X2/X12 or whatever number it was at the time, when they sent it to Metrocentre on a Sunday.

Storx

31 Jan 2023, 3:30 pm #2,707
(31 Jan 2023, 3:01 pm)ifm001 Re X66.  I'm going to regret saying this.

Alternatively something with the Newcastle bound buses, truncate some of them at Gateshead but send to Metrocentre instead.  Similar to what Arriva did a few years ago with X1/X2/X12 or whatever number it was at the time, when they sent it to Metrocentre on a Sunday.

Imagine timekeeping would be an issue with that.

Personally I always think it should be bolted onto the Quaylink services across the river and give direct Metrocentre to Quayside services instead of the 53/54 maybe even extended through to the Great Park instead of the Q3. It would also give a direct link from Gateshead to Northumbria University without the walks at both end with the other half of the Q3 actually doing a loop around Newcastle again rather than the botch currently.

Be handy to have a bus with connects all the hubs together (Metrocentre / Eldon Square and Haymarket / Gateshead)
Storx
31 Jan 2023, 3:30 pm #2,707

(31 Jan 2023, 3:01 pm)ifm001 Re X66.  I'm going to regret saying this.

Alternatively something with the Newcastle bound buses, truncate some of them at Gateshead but send to Metrocentre instead.  Similar to what Arriva did a few years ago with X1/X2/X12 or whatever number it was at the time, when they sent it to Metrocentre on a Sunday.

Imagine timekeeping would be an issue with that.

Personally I always think it should be bolted onto the Quaylink services across the river and give direct Metrocentre to Quayside services instead of the 53/54 maybe even extended through to the Great Park instead of the Q3. It would also give a direct link from Gateshead to Northumbria University without the walks at both end with the other half of the Q3 actually doing a loop around Newcastle again rather than the botch currently.

Be handy to have a bus with connects all the hubs together (Metrocentre / Eldon Square and Haymarket / Gateshead)

DeltaMan

31 Jan 2023, 3:38 pm #2,708
GNE might get some ideas given the 21 was a Classic Coaches invention in the first place
DeltaMan
31 Jan 2023, 3:38 pm #2,708

GNE might get some ideas given the 21 was a Classic Coaches invention in the first place

31 Jan 2023, 7:35 pm #2,709
(31 Jan 2023, 3:30 pm)Storx Imagine timekeeping would be an issue with that.

Given people, like myself, use the X66 to connect between services at Gateshead and Metrocentre, timekeeping on the X66 is very important. If it was run off another service, and that was running late, it would mean I would end up missing the connection at Metrocentre. 
If it's standalone, then the chances of it running late are minimised.
streetdeckfan
31 Jan 2023, 7:35 pm #2,709

(31 Jan 2023, 3:30 pm)Storx Imagine timekeeping would be an issue with that.

Given people, like myself, use the X66 to connect between services at Gateshead and Metrocentre, timekeeping on the X66 is very important. If it was run off another service, and that was running late, it would mean I would end up missing the connection at Metrocentre. 
If it's standalone, then the chances of it running late are minimised.

V514DFT

31 Jan 2023, 8:31 pm #2,710
After the last couple of posts about better connections, i think ive saw a potential way of.making use out of 311

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
31 Jan 2023, 8:31 pm #2,710

After the last couple of posts about better connections, i think ive saw a potential way of.making use out of 311

Kind Regards
Tez

Aaron21

31 Jan 2023, 8:50 pm #2,711
(31 Jan 2023, 8:31 pm)V514DFT After the last couple of posts about better connections, i think ive saw a potential way of.making use out of 311
Could it actually be possible. Are the legends true
Aaron21
31 Jan 2023, 8:50 pm #2,711

(31 Jan 2023, 8:31 pm)V514DFT After the last couple of posts about better connections, i think ive saw a potential way of.making use out of 311
Could it actually be possible. Are the legends true

17 Feb 2023, 7:34 pm #2,712
I thought I would try a few ideas that could be run out of a washington-based depot, feel free to make any changes. 

I have also included a route using the backroads between Kibblesworth & Streetgate as discussed in the Bygone Era Seection.
Attached Files
.pdf
Sliver Travel Bus Routes.pdf
Size 32.86 KB / Downloads 18

ASX_Terranova
17 Feb 2023, 7:34 pm #2,712

I thought I would try a few ideas that could be run out of a washington-based depot, feel free to make any changes. 

I have also included a route using the backroads between Kibblesworth & Streetgate as discussed in the Bygone Era Seection.

Attached Files
.pdf
Sliver Travel Bus Routes.pdf
Size 32.86 KB / Downloads 18

MurdnunoC

17 Feb 2023, 7:48 pm #2,713
(17 Feb 2023, 7:34 pm)ASX_Terranova I thought I would try a few ideas that could be run out of a washington-based depot, feel free to make any changes. 

While I may have provided examples of where buses traverse single-lane thoroughfares in the thread mentioned above, there's no way a bus is getting down Ouslaw Lane, which is the most direct route between Kibby and Streetgate.

However, the underlying reason there has never been a service between Kibby and Streetgate/Sunniside is because there is next to nothing inbetween, and I don't think the Co-op at Sunniside is enough of a draw in terms of a destination for residents of Kibby.
MurdnunoC
17 Feb 2023, 7:48 pm #2,713

(17 Feb 2023, 7:34 pm)ASX_Terranova I thought I would try a few ideas that could be run out of a washington-based depot, feel free to make any changes. 

While I may have provided examples of where buses traverse single-lane thoroughfares in the thread mentioned above, there's no way a bus is getting down Ouslaw Lane, which is the most direct route between Kibby and Streetgate.

However, the underlying reason there has never been a service between Kibby and Streetgate/Sunniside is because there is next to nothing inbetween, and I don't think the Co-op at Sunniside is enough of a draw in terms of a destination for residents of Kibby.

LVK 404L

17 Feb 2023, 8:21 pm #2,714
(17 Feb 2023, 7:48 pm)MurdnunoC While I may have provided examples of where buses traverse single-lane thoroughfares in the thread mentioned above, there's no way a bus is getting down Ouslaw Lane, which is the most direct route between Kibby and Streetgate.

Ouselaw Lane, that's the one I was referring to also in the other thread about single track.  I wouldn't even say its single track, as its boundaried by large tyres in attempt  to help for anyone going to fast along the lane.  Like I said I refuse to take the car along if I can help it and with reference to Sunniside not really being a draw for the residents I would agree.  My family have lived in Kibby almost 50 years and it's not somewhere any of them would say, "why can't we have bus to?"
LVK 404L
17 Feb 2023, 8:21 pm #2,714

(17 Feb 2023, 7:48 pm)MurdnunoC While I may have provided examples of where buses traverse single-lane thoroughfares in the thread mentioned above, there's no way a bus is getting down Ouslaw Lane, which is the most direct route between Kibby and Streetgate.

Ouselaw Lane, that's the one I was referring to also in the other thread about single track.  I wouldn't even say its single track, as its boundaried by large tyres in attempt  to help for anyone going to fast along the lane.  Like I said I refuse to take the car along if I can help it and with reference to Sunniside not really being a draw for the residents I would agree.  My family have lived in Kibby almost 50 years and it's not somewhere any of them would say, "why can't we have bus to?"

itsadam

19 Feb 2023, 9:37 pm #2,715
Can someone shed some light on why the 21 runs more frequently between Chester and Newcastle than Durham and Newcastle? It's always baffled me but it's probably something as simple as driving hours
itsadam
19 Feb 2023, 9:37 pm #2,715

Can someone shed some light on why the 21 runs more frequently between Chester and Newcastle than Durham and Newcastle? It's always baffled me but it's probably something as simple as driving hours

Unber43

19 Feb 2023, 9:40 pm #2,716
(19 Feb 2023, 9:37 pm)itsadam Can someone shed some light on why the 21 runs more frequently between Chester and Newcastle than Durham and Newcastle? It's always baffled me but it's probably something as simple as driving hours
Chester to Newcastle has more passengers, so it wouldn't make sense to run it to Durham every 10 mins its now every 30 mins

It used to be every 15 mins pre-pandemic but that was scrapped for what was meant to be every 15 mins X21 between Newcastle and Durham half hourly extended to Bishop iirc
Unber43
19 Feb 2023, 9:40 pm #2,716

(19 Feb 2023, 9:37 pm)itsadam Can someone shed some light on why the 21 runs more frequently between Chester and Newcastle than Durham and Newcastle? It's always baffled me but it's probably something as simple as driving hours
Chester to Newcastle has more passengers, so it wouldn't make sense to run it to Durham every 10 mins its now every 30 mins

It used to be every 15 mins pre-pandemic but that was scrapped for what was meant to be every 15 mins X21 between Newcastle and Durham half hourly extended to Bishop iirc

itsadam

19 Feb 2023, 11:04 pm #2,717
(19 Feb 2023, 9:40 pm)Unber43 Chester to Newcastle has more passengers, so it wouldn't make sense to run it to Durham every 10 mins its now every 30 mins

It's always confused me because it's a popular corridor. 

I live in Durham but stay in Chester for work purely because the buses are more frequent and I can easily get a different 21 if the one from Durham isn't running. I'm one to get an earlier bus in case something happens to the later one, I don't really have that kinda luxury when I'm coming from Durham to Newcastle for work. 

If all these breakdowns recently are something to go by, you can't go wrong setting off early. I always like to have that peace of mind
itsadam
19 Feb 2023, 11:04 pm #2,717

(19 Feb 2023, 9:40 pm)Unber43 Chester to Newcastle has more passengers, so it wouldn't make sense to run it to Durham every 10 mins its now every 30 mins

It's always confused me because it's a popular corridor. 

I live in Durham but stay in Chester for work purely because the buses are more frequent and I can easily get a different 21 if the one from Durham isn't running. I'm one to get an earlier bus in case something happens to the later one, I don't really have that kinda luxury when I'm coming from Durham to Newcastle for work. 

If all these breakdowns recently are something to go by, you can't go wrong setting off early. I always like to have that peace of mind

Storx

19 Feb 2023, 11:23 pm #2,718
(19 Feb 2023, 11:04 pm)itsadam It's always confused me because it's a popular corridor. 

A lot of people from Durham to Newcastle travel via train as it's much much quicker and reliable (13 mins vs 60 mins). It has very good loads between the two stations, especially at peaks. You'd have to be pretty into buses to sit on the 21 for 80 minutes on some peak boards.
Storx
19 Feb 2023, 11:23 pm #2,718

(19 Feb 2023, 11:04 pm)itsadam It's always confused me because it's a popular corridor. 

A lot of people from Durham to Newcastle travel via train as it's much much quicker and reliable (13 mins vs 60 mins). It has very good loads between the two stations, especially at peaks. You'd have to be pretty into buses to sit on the 21 for 80 minutes on some peak boards.

itsadam

20 Feb 2023, 1:40 pm #2,719
(19 Feb 2023, 11:23 pm)Storx A lot of people from Durham to Newcastle travel via train as it's much much quicker and reliable (13 mins vs 60 mins). It has very good loads between the two stations, especially at peaks. You'd have to be pretty into buses to sit on the 21 for 80 minutes on some peak boards.
Trains are just far too expensive for me, better value with a monthly 5-25 ticket in my opinion. I see the benefits of trains though but still doesn't tempt me
itsadam
20 Feb 2023, 1:40 pm #2,719

(19 Feb 2023, 11:23 pm)Storx A lot of people from Durham to Newcastle travel via train as it's much much quicker and reliable (13 mins vs 60 mins). It has very good loads between the two stations, especially at peaks. You'd have to be pretty into buses to sit on the 21 for 80 minutes on some peak boards.
Trains are just far too expensive for me, better value with a monthly 5-25 ticket in my opinion. I see the benefits of trains though but still doesn't tempt me

Storx

20 Feb 2023, 2:09 pm #2,720
(20 Feb 2023, 1:40 pm)itsadam Trains are just far too expensive for me, better value with a monthly 5-25 ticket in my opinion. I see the benefits of trains though but still doesn't tempt me

Aye I get that but most people commuting from Durham from Newcastle I can imagine will be on decent enough wages where they'd value time over money. I know I would if I was doing that commute, it's not a bad capacity 5 buses an hour really (more than Sunderland to Durham nowadays which has no alternative).
Storx
20 Feb 2023, 2:09 pm #2,720

(20 Feb 2023, 1:40 pm)itsadam Trains are just far too expensive for me, better value with a monthly 5-25 ticket in my opinion. I see the benefits of trains though but still doesn't tempt me

Aye I get that but most people commuting from Durham from Newcastle I can imagine will be on decent enough wages where they'd value time over money. I know I would if I was doing that commute, it's not a bad capacity 5 buses an hour really (more than Sunderland to Durham nowadays which has no alternative).

Pages (150) Previous 1135 136 137150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average