You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East Latest News

Stagecoach North East Latest News

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News
Must say if that's all Stagecoach are ordering for this full year then they're very quickly going into First territory in terms of the state of the fleet, these new owners really aren't investing enough outside of Scotland.

Single deckers across the whole company is becoming bordering a heritage fleet and there's no way enough there. The North East fleet nearly had as many orders alone in 2009 which on paper should be going than the whole country.

If they don't step up soon, it could end up ugly.
(21 Jan 2024, 7:55 pm)Storx wrote Must say if that's all Stagecoach are ordering for this full year then they're very quickly going into First territory in terms of the state of the fleet, these new owners really aren't investing enough outside of Scotland.

Single deckers across the whole company is becoming bordering a heritage fleet and there's no way enough there. The North East fleet nearly had as many orders alone in 2009 which on paper should be going than the whole country.

If they don't step up soon, it could end up ugly.

Looks to be over 600 buses in that list, more than enough for one years vehicle order.
(21 Jan 2024, 8:39 pm)Rapidsnap wrote Scotland is only getting so many new vehicles because they have a seperate Electric bus fund to England and Wales.

And of course quite a few for London and a fair few for Manchester
(21 Jan 2024, 8:39 pm)Rapidsnap wrote Scotland is only getting so many new vehicles because they have a seperate Electric bus fund to England and Wales.

Aye thought it was, must say it's impressive their fleet at Inverness. Credit where credit's due.
(21 Jan 2024, 8:34 pm)busmanT wrote Looks to be over 600 buses in that list, more than enough for one years vehicle order.

Works out at 666.

Broken down as:
119 London
55 Oxford
329 Manchester
68 Scotland
95 everywhere else
(21 Jan 2024, 9:22 pm)stagecoachfan wrote Works out at 666.

Broken down as:
119 London
55 Oxford
329 Manchester
68 Scotland
95 everywhere else

I wonder if Stagecoach are going to start mass cascading of buses out of London to the provinces?
If we don get sand hard buses for stagecoach North East then stagecoach Stockton getting them and see off 2 alx300 and 4 e 300 but know when stagecoach Stockton getting new buses again but I it soon.
Walkergate's Megabus fleet now includes four Levante coaches, all seen today.

59223/7/8 are parked in the corner of the depot yard and are visible from the LIDL car-park next door.

59226 arrived in Newcastle earlier this evening after working service M83 from Liverpool.
(22 Jan 2024, 10:31 pm)ReDemPTiion wrote Does anyone know why 11503 is in spennymoor? Been there since 9th January according to bustimes.

Had a bump with a car so getting repaired I believe
(22 Jan 2024, 10:31 pm)ReDemPTiion wrote Does anyone know why 11503 is in spennymoor? Been there since 9th January according to bustimes.

It's trying to find somewhere less miserable than the 39/40 route.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
(22 Jan 2024, 11:04 am)stagecoachfan wrote Could be some cascades available from Manchester too

Manchester's new buses are all for the new Bee Network contracts from March so I doubt they'll be many cascades from there
(23 Jan 2024, 8:24 pm)glen wrote Is 39731 still at Stockton depot?

It is yeah, currently off road with a fault

(23 Jan 2024, 6:50 pm)Lottie332 wrote over the last few weeks or so I've noticed Stockton do some route learning around teesdale area anyone know if there's a new route coming?

Driver training
(23 Jan 2024, 3:20 pm)cnjb800 wrote Manchester's new buses are all for the new Bee Network contracts from March so I doubt they'll be many cascades from there

They have gained some routes, but they did also lose a bit, eg Wigan etc
Also the large batch for Stockport is an existing Stagecoach operation so those will be replacements for existing vehicles.
(24 Jan 2024, 2:38 am)glen wrote To me if we going to get alot sandhard buses the way you are talking about for stagecoach North East?

Probably won't as there is alot of 2008 deckers in the manchester area of operations,it would make sense to send them to areas still using ALX400s
(23 Jan 2024, 11:59 pm)stagecoachfan wrote They have gained some routes, but they did also lose a bit, eg Wigan etc
Also the large batch for Stockport is an existing Stagecoach operation so those will be replacements for existing vehicles.

No, the plan is that the BZLs at Stockport will displace buses to Queens Road/Oldham/Middleton Bee Network routes, meaning cascades out will be minimal. The new Bee Network routes for Stagecoach will require hundreds of buses, hence the very large order for Manchester as a whole.
(26 Jan 2024, 9:22 pm)cnjb800 wrote No, the plan is that the BZLs at Stockport will displace buses to Queens Road/Oldham/Middleton Bee Network routes, meaning cascades out will be minimal. The new Bee Network routes for Stagecoach will require hundreds of buses, hence the very large order for Manchester as a whole.

Likely to be some cascades though, as Stagecoach Manchester are still repainting some buses into the new Stagecoach livery as well as some into Bee Network yellow. If those were staying in Manchester it's unlikely that would happen as they would need repainting again.
(22 Jan 2024, 7:53 am)busmanT wrote I wonder if Stagecoach are going to start mass cascading of buses out of London to the provinces?

They already have been with a lot of Scania Omnicity DD's now with Stagecoach South East/East Kent & East Scotland, while others have gone to Independent Operators across the country.