Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (26) Previous 121 22 2326 Next
28 Mar 2014, 9:54 pm #421
(28 Mar 2014, 9:44 pm)Kuyoyo Do you not understand - we won't see a heavyweight decker again. We are now in the times that vehicles will be getting lighter and lighter, simply due to the emission levels required.

I do understand but how are operators going to cope where they need the capacity of a heavyweight double deck vehicle but can't justify the expense of an Astromega and can't compromise capacity by operating a heavyweight single deck vehicle? Are they going to operate a lightweight double deck vehicle and suffer from frequent reliability problems or will frequencies be increased with a heavyweight single deck vehicle like the B8RLE at a loss? Do you really want to know who I'm angry with becuase of all of this emissions crap? Brussels!
Davey Bowyer
28 Mar 2014, 9:54 pm #421

(28 Mar 2014, 9:44 pm)Kuyoyo Do you not understand - we won't see a heavyweight decker again. We are now in the times that vehicles will be getting lighter and lighter, simply due to the emission levels required.

I do understand but how are operators going to cope where they need the capacity of a heavyweight double deck vehicle but can't justify the expense of an Astromega and can't compromise capacity by operating a heavyweight single deck vehicle? Are they going to operate a lightweight double deck vehicle and suffer from frequent reliability problems or will frequencies be increased with a heavyweight single deck vehicle like the B8RLE at a loss? Do you really want to know who I'm angry with becuase of all of this emissions crap? Brussels!

Tom

28 Mar 2014, 9:56 pm #422
(28 Mar 2014, 9:50 pm)Tom Yeah, that's what I was thinking. However, I don't know if the X14 or 57/57A would cope with the loadings on a Solo, as they are both busy services. Centros would be perfect, but sadly not possible

Temsa's could be good too Wink
Tom
28 Mar 2014, 9:56 pm #422

(28 Mar 2014, 9:50 pm)Tom Yeah, that's what I was thinking. However, I don't know if the X14 or 57/57A would cope with the loadings on a Solo, as they are both busy services. Centros would be perfect, but sadly not possible

Temsa's could be good too Wink

Kuyoyo

28 Mar 2014, 9:59 pm #423
(28 Mar 2014, 9:56 pm)Tom Temsa's could be good too Wink

Temsas like to stay south of the Tyne
Kuyoyo
28 Mar 2014, 9:59 pm #423

(28 Mar 2014, 9:56 pm)Tom Temsa's could be good too Wink

Temsas like to stay south of the Tyne

tyresmoke

28 Mar 2014, 10:03 pm #424
Jesmond have had their fair share of them lol

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
28 Mar 2014, 10:03 pm #424

Jesmond have had their fair share of them lol

28 Mar 2014, 10:06 pm #425
Think them that want the Temsa Avenues should be welcome to them and the "experience" I guess they are a good vehicle for certain operations, Redcars 63's for example but nor anything where a degree of comfort is required. There was talk of some of them being reconfigured/re-seated but now I guess they are being re-allocated instead?
robisdave15
28 Mar 2014, 10:06 pm #425

Think them that want the Temsa Avenues should be welcome to them and the "experience" I guess they are a good vehicle for certain operations, Redcars 63's for example but nor anything where a degree of comfort is required. There was talk of some of them being reconfigured/re-seated but now I guess they are being re-allocated instead?

tyresmoke

28 Mar 2014, 10:11 pm #426
(28 Mar 2014, 10:06 pm)robisdave15 Think them that want the Temsa Avenues should be welcome to them and the "experience" I guess they are a good vehicle for certain operations, Redcars 63's for example but nor anything where a degree of comfort is required. There was talk of some of them being reconfigured/re-seated but now I guess they are being re-allocated instead?

The costs associated with re-seating them are too great due to the way the seating is installed on the Temsas... It was looked at though.

tyresmoke
28 Mar 2014, 10:11 pm #426

(28 Mar 2014, 10:06 pm)robisdave15 Think them that want the Temsa Avenues should be welcome to them and the "experience" I guess they are a good vehicle for certain operations, Redcars 63's for example but nor anything where a degree of comfort is required. There was talk of some of them being reconfigured/re-seated but now I guess they are being re-allocated instead?

The costs associated with re-seating them are too great due to the way the seating is installed on the Temsas... It was looked at though.

28 Mar 2014, 10:17 pm #427
True! When you look at them it was difficult to see how. Still with only a handful staying here the chance of riding them is minimised! Spend some money on the Ommnicities I say and please don't move them away.
robisdave15
28 Mar 2014, 10:17 pm #427

True! When you look at them it was difficult to see how. Still with only a handful staying here the chance of riding them is minimised! Spend some money on the Ommnicities I say and please don't move them away.

tyresmoke

28 Mar 2014, 10:25 pm #428
(28 Mar 2014, 10:17 pm)robisdave15 True! When you look at them it was difficult to see how. Still with only a handful staying here the chance of riding them is minimised! Spend some money on the Ommnicities I say and please don't move them away.

The Omnicities are due for a well needed refurbishment this summer, I'm not sure when but they'll probably be after some of the new stock arrives. No doubt it'll give some Prestiges an extended stay to cover them. Once refurbished I think they'll be allocated to different depots than at present, though...

I think we'll see more Temsas stay at Redcar than expected as a result, with only a handful moving out. From what I've been told, as they're such a non standard batch, a lot of parts are not available quickly and therefore have to be specially ordered. Hence when they are VOR, it can be for long periods even for what you would think would be simple fixes. A new piece of glass can take 2-3 weeks to arrive for example. Therefore the idea was to spread them between the depots to help minimise the effect on one depot (ie Redcar) by spreading the issue between 2 or 3 depots instead.

tyresmoke
28 Mar 2014, 10:25 pm #428

(28 Mar 2014, 10:17 pm)robisdave15 True! When you look at them it was difficult to see how. Still with only a handful staying here the chance of riding them is minimised! Spend some money on the Ommnicities I say and please don't move them away.

The Omnicities are due for a well needed refurbishment this summer, I'm not sure when but they'll probably be after some of the new stock arrives. No doubt it'll give some Prestiges an extended stay to cover them. Once refurbished I think they'll be allocated to different depots than at present, though...

I think we'll see more Temsas stay at Redcar than expected as a result, with only a handful moving out. From what I've been told, as they're such a non standard batch, a lot of parts are not available quickly and therefore have to be specially ordered. Hence when they are VOR, it can be for long periods even for what you would think would be simple fixes. A new piece of glass can take 2-3 weeks to arrive for example. Therefore the idea was to spread them between the depots to help minimise the effect on one depot (ie Redcar) by spreading the issue between 2 or 3 depots instead.

Tom

28 Mar 2014, 10:29 pm #429
(28 Mar 2014, 10:25 pm)tyresmoke The Omnicities are due for a well needed refurbishment this summer, I'm not sure when but they'll probably be after some of the new stock arrives. No doubt it'll give some Prestiges an extended stay to cover them. Once refurbished I think they'll be allocated to different depots than at present, though...

I'd like to see the Omnicities on the 35/35A personally.
Tom
28 Mar 2014, 10:29 pm #429

(28 Mar 2014, 10:25 pm)tyresmoke The Omnicities are due for a well needed refurbishment this summer, I'm not sure when but they'll probably be after some of the new stock arrives. No doubt it'll give some Prestiges an extended stay to cover them. Once refurbished I think they'll be allocated to different depots than at present, though...

I'd like to see the Omnicities on the 35/35A personally.

28 Mar 2014, 10:34 pm #430
I wish I hadn't asked! lol!
robisdave15
28 Mar 2014, 10:34 pm #430

I wish I hadn't asked! lol!

Andreos1

28 Mar 2014, 10:58 pm #431

Are Arriva still the UK dealers for them?
You would have thought Temsa would have set up some sort of parts deal as part of the contract, bearing in mind they're (or were) obviously wanting to make inroads into the UK.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
28 Mar 2014, 10:58 pm #431

Are Arriva still the UK dealers for them?
You would have thought Temsa would have set up some sort of parts deal as part of the contract, bearing in mind they're (or were) obviously wanting to make inroads into the UK.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

29 Mar 2014, 6:29 am #432
A shame then that Arriva chose to bring this type, Temsa Avenue, across to the UK, whatever deal/s that were struck at the time appear to have backfired? Having vehicles that are VOR for unnecessary but seemingly unavoidable periods is not smart, one must question is this one of the reasons that Redcar seem to have continual problems meeting their PVR requirement? Clearly swopping them around the depots is not such a practical idea or us it? Having one VOR can be coped with but if 4 or 5 are involved then surely it does?
robisdave
29 Mar 2014, 6:29 am #432

A shame then that Arriva chose to bring this type, Temsa Avenue, across to the UK, whatever deal/s that were struck at the time appear to have backfired? Having vehicles that are VOR for unnecessary but seemingly unavoidable periods is not smart, one must question is this one of the reasons that Redcar seem to have continual problems meeting their PVR requirement? Clearly swopping them around the depots is not such a practical idea or us it? Having one VOR can be coped with but if 4 or 5 are involved then surely it does?

JoshP

29 Mar 2014, 8:50 am #433
I'd like to see the ugly Omnicities transferred from Darlington and the Temsa's to replace them on the X66. Won't happen though.
JoshP
29 Mar 2014, 8:50 am #433

I'd like to see the ugly Omnicities transferred from Darlington and the Temsa's to replace them on the X66. Won't happen though.

29 Mar 2014, 8:56 am #434
(29 Mar 2014, 8:50 am)JoshP I'd like to see the ugly Omnicities transferred from Darlington and the Temsa's to replace them on the X66. Won't happen though.

Darlington will be the home to Omnicities by the end of the year, when the X26/X27 gets upgraded to full size.
VolvoMarkII
29 Mar 2014, 8:56 am #434

(29 Mar 2014, 8:50 am)JoshP I'd like to see the ugly Omnicities transferred from Darlington and the Temsa's to replace them on the X66. Won't happen though.

Darlington will be the home to Omnicities by the end of the year, when the X26/X27 gets upgraded to full size.

JoshP

29 Mar 2014, 9:00 am #435
(29 Mar 2014, 8:56 am)VolvoMarkII Darlington will be the home to Omnicities by the end of the year, when the X26/X27 gets upgraded to full size.

Really? So will they be shared between the X66 and the X26/X27? I don't know the PVR of the routes
JoshP
29 Mar 2014, 9:00 am #435

(29 Mar 2014, 8:56 am)VolvoMarkII Darlington will be the home to Omnicities by the end of the year, when the X26/X27 gets upgraded to full size.

Really? So will they be shared between the X66 and the X26/X27? I don't know the PVR of the routes

Tom

29 Mar 2014, 9:33 am #436
PVR 4 for the X26, PVR 2 for the X27, PVR 5 for the X66.
Tom
29 Mar 2014, 9:33 am #436

PVR 4 for the X26, PVR 2 for the X27, PVR 5 for the X66.

upt50k

29 Mar 2014, 9:58 am #437
X26 and X27 do at times need a bigger bus but going in and out of Tesco can be pain and as this will never be missed out the size of vehicle must be given some thought. On the subject of Temsas they could be trialled on Darlo X1 where their larger wheels would be an advantage when travelling over rough surfaces on some of the faster none stop sections of the route.This is the case when at odd times the Scanias have appeared but I believe they struggle with the turning circle at Stanley
upt50k
29 Mar 2014, 9:58 am #437

X26 and X27 do at times need a bigger bus but going in and out of Tesco can be pain and as this will never be missed out the size of vehicle must be given some thought. On the subject of Temsas they could be trialled on Darlo X1 where their larger wheels would be an advantage when travelling over rough surfaces on some of the faster none stop sections of the route.This is the case when at odd times the Scanias have appeared but I believe they struggle with the turning circle at Stanley

Kuyoyo

29 Mar 2014, 10:09 am #438
(29 Mar 2014, 9:58 am)upt50k X26 and X27 do at times need a bigger bus but going in and out of Tesco can be pain and as this will never be missed out the size of vehicle must be given some thought. On the subject of Temsas they could be trialled on Darlo X1 where their larger wheels would be an advantage when travelling over rough surfaces on some of the faster none stop sections of the route.This is the case when at odd times the Scanias have appeared but I believe they struggle with the turning circle at Stanley

I certainly wouldn't want Temsas on any long distance run with their seats (which is a pity when Darlington is one of the rumoured 2 depots due to received them, and the rumoured route for them is 75/76).
Kuyoyo
29 Mar 2014, 10:09 am #438

(29 Mar 2014, 9:58 am)upt50k X26 and X27 do at times need a bigger bus but going in and out of Tesco can be pain and as this will never be missed out the size of vehicle must be given some thought. On the subject of Temsas they could be trialled on Darlo X1 where their larger wheels would be an advantage when travelling over rough surfaces on some of the faster none stop sections of the route.This is the case when at odd times the Scanias have appeared but I believe they struggle with the turning circle at Stanley

I certainly wouldn't want Temsas on any long distance run with their seats (which is a pity when Darlington is one of the rumoured 2 depots due to received them, and the rumoured route for them is 75/76).

JoshP

29 Mar 2014, 10:18 am #439
(29 Mar 2014, 10:09 am)Kuyoyo I certainly wouldn't want Temsas on any long distance run with their seats (which is a pity when Darlington is one of the rumoured 2 depots due to received them, and the rumoured route for them is 75/76).

I was always led to believe that the 75/76 were to be upgraded to Pulsars? Is this now not the case anymore?
JoshP
29 Mar 2014, 10:18 am #439

(29 Mar 2014, 10:09 am)Kuyoyo I certainly wouldn't want Temsas on any long distance run with their seats (which is a pity when Darlington is one of the rumoured 2 depots due to received them, and the rumoured route for them is 75/76).

I was always led to believe that the 75/76 were to be upgraded to Pulsars? Is this now not the case anymore?

peter

29 Mar 2014, 10:20 am #440
(29 Mar 2014, 10:18 am)JoshP I was always led to believe that the 75/76 were to be upgraded to Pulsars? Is this now not the case anymore?

This was when the remainder of the older Pulsars on the 1/5 were due to be replaced however Arriva have instead decided to introduce Streetlites on the 23.
peter
29 Mar 2014, 10:20 am #440

(29 Mar 2014, 10:18 am)JoshP I was always led to believe that the 75/76 were to be upgraded to Pulsars? Is this now not the case anymore?

This was when the remainder of the older Pulsars on the 1/5 were due to be replaced however Arriva have instead decided to introduce Streetlites on the 23.

Pages (26) Previous 121 22 2326 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average