You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

The Great Bus Envelope Hunt Game

The Great Bus Envelope Hunt Game

Re: RE: The Great Bus Envelope Hunt Game
(07 Jun 2014, 1:19 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote All clues have been issued - with the final clue giving the location of the envelope.

Hopefully the waterproof protection has worked!

It hasn't :p

[Image: be5ebynu.jpg]

[Image: ra3yhygy.jpg]

[Image: qusety6u.jpg]
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(07 Jun 2014, 1:52 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Yay!

You found it!

Well done! 20 #NEBpoints to aureolin.

Soaked through in the process. Not to mention looking shifty trying to retrieve the envelope.

Who else was in on it? Never seen anyone about, apart from Bazza in Newcastle
RE: The Great Bus Envelope Hunt Game
(07 Jun 2014, 1:55 pm)aureolin wrote Soaked through in the process. Not to mention looking shifty trying to retrieve the envelope.

Who else was in on it? Never seen anyone about, apart from Bazza in Newcastle

You and Danpick were getting the clues.

If this game was to be played again, I am not sure the clues would be used again.
Maybe just announce the location outright via PM, with the quickest person there the winner.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(07 Jun 2014, 2:15 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote You and Danpick were getting the clues.

If this game was to be played again, I am not sure the clues would be used again.
Maybe just announce the location outright via PM, with the quickest person there the winner.

I think the clues were a good idea, but perhaps too much of a delay between clue 1 and 2. It was a good thing to announce in advance of the rough area, as it helps us folk over 16/18 decide what ticket to buy. The location was actually quite good, but I think it may not be too suitable for some of our younger members, as it's quite secluded at that junction.

Good effort to go all the way over there and drop the envelope though. Big Grin
(07 Jun 2014, 2:42 pm)aureolin wrote I think the clues were a good idea, but perhaps too much of a delay between clue 1 and 2. It was a good thing to announce in advance of the rough area, as it helps us folk over 16/18 decide what ticket to buy. The location was actually quite good, but I think it may not be too suitable for some of our younger members, as it's quite secluded at that junction.

The location was inspired by talk of Saltwell Airways recently (with one of the park entrances being next to the junction).
Interesting to get your opinion of it being secluded though. I didn't think it was, but worth taking into account.

Then there was the balance of putting it near a main road, being near bus services and not so that every Tom, Dick and Harry would see it.

Obviously the perk of that location was that ANE and GNE run along Durham Road.
GNE and Nexus Bus run along Saltwell Road, with Joicey Road linking the two.

Take on board comments about the gap between the two clues - blame 'life' getting in the way Wink
Site Administrator
(07 Jun 2014, 2:42 pm)aureolin wrote I think the clues were a good idea, but perhaps too much of a delay between clue 1 and 2. It was a good thing to announce in advance of the rough area, as it helps us folk over 16/18 decide what ticket to buy. The location was actually quite good, but I think it may not be too suitable for some of our younger members, as it's quite secluded at that junction.

Out of interest, where was the envelope hidden? I was playing at home with the aid of the first hint only. Tongue
(07 Jun 2014, 2:50 pm)Dan wrote Out of interest, where was the envelope hidden? I was playing at home with the aid of the first hint only. Tongue

Did you have any ideas or inklings from the first clue then? Wink

It was hidden by one of the entrances to Saltwell Park on the junction of East Park Road and Joicey Road.
(07 Jun 2014, 2:50 pm)Dan wrote Out of interest, where was the envelope hidden? I was playing at home with the aid of the first hint only. Tongue

After the location was announced, it was hidden out of the way but also quite obvious. White envelope sticking out of some of the ivy on the ground.
Site Administrator
(07 Jun 2014, 3:07 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Did you have any ideas or inklings from the first clue then? Wink

It was hidden by one of the entrances to Saltwell Park on the junction of East Park Road and Joicey Road.

My immediate assumption was somewhere near Birtley (ANE and GNE), given that it would have been too obvious to hide it somewhere near a location where a Go North East and Stagecoach North East's X34 served.

Wasn't too far off, I guess... Tongue
Scores have been added to the original post (rules amended too)

(07 Jun 2014, 3:10 pm)Dan wrote My immediate assumption was somewhere near Birtley (ANE and GNE), given that it would have been too obvious to hide it somewhere near a location where a Go North East and Stagecoach North East's X34 served.

Wasn't too far off, I guess... Tongue

Not far off, but I do have a location in mind in Gateshead - which isn't too obvious and sees buses belonging to GNE and SNE passing by... Angel
(06 Jun 2014, 4:48 pm)citaro5284 wrote Pleased about that...nee one is getting their hands on my car!

Shotgun, front seat :p.
It has been a while since the roaring success of the last 'game'.

Any takers for a date some time over the next few weeks, before the weather starts getting all rubbish?
(20 Sep 2014, 11:42 am)Andreos1 wrote It has been a while since the roaring success of the last 'game'.

Any takers for a date some time over the next few weeks, before the weather starts getting all rubbish?

I would be up for it. I am purchasing a Network One monthly ticket on Tuesday Smile.
Site Administrator
I'm not game for a soaking like aureolin was, but providing the weather's decent and it doesn't clash with anything else, I'm happy to participate!
(21 Sep 2014, 5:18 pm)Dan wrote I'm not game for a soaking like aureolin was, but providing the weather's decent and it doesn't clash with anything else, I'm happy to participate!

Haha aye, I forgot about that. Ended up having to walk down from Durham Road and got soaked through.
Will suggest a date for a Saturday in a week or two (already have a few locations in mind) and we will see who is up for it.

Hopefully it won't be raining this time and will stay dry all day!
If there is enough interest, I will set a 'hunt' up for this coming Saturday.

It will be within Tyne & Wear and providing interest is there, I will set up more than one location.
(02 Oct 2014, 5:17 am)Andreos1 wrote If there is enough interest, I will set a 'hunt' up for this coming Saturday.

It will be within Tyne & Wear and providing interest is there, I will set up more than one location.

Can't do this Saturday. Got too much running around to do I'm afraid. Sad
Site Administrator
(02 Oct 2014, 6:11 pm)aureolin wrote Can't do this Saturday. Got too much running around to do I'm afraid. Sad

I too think I may be a bit busy. Certainly occupied on the morning, not sure about the afternoon.

Would prefer it if you could delay it Andreos!
The event didn't go ahead, due to lack of interest.

Not sure the weather forecast will have helped.

If anyone is wanting to do it - give me a date or two and lets see if we can do it in the future.
(22 Aug 2016, 10:31 am)Andreos1 wrote Someone reminded me of this earlier on.

Anyone up for it? T&W location and before the holidays are over?

Aye I should be able to do something Smile
(22 Aug 2016, 12:31 pm)Tom wrote Aye I should be able to do something Smile

It's a bit more low-tech than Pokemon Go, but if we get enough people interested - I will set some clues on a date tbc.
Wasn't necessarily going to be a Saturday. Was open to dates as I have a bit flexibility to hide the envelope somewhere and then head off to do some work from the office, a McNasties or at home - sending the clues out every half hour or something.

As with the last game, there would be a start time of say 1130/1200- so it would give people plenty of time to get in a tactical position.

How would this Friday sound? I can get the envelope hidden and then send the clues out via PM an hour or two later.
(22 Aug 2016, 5:21 pm)Andreos1 wrote Wasn't necessarily going to be a Saturday. Was open to dates as I have a bit flexibility to hide the envelope somewhere and then head off to do some work from the office, a McNasties or at home - sending the clues out every half hour or something.

As with the last game, there would be a start time of say 1130/1200- so it would give people plenty of time to get in a tactical position.

How would this Friday sound? I can get the envelope hidden and then send the clues out via PM an hour or two later.

Yeah will be able to do Friday. Hopefully a few other people can do it too