Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (135) Previous 18 9 10135 Next
Andreos1

29 Aug 2014, 7:29 pm #161
(28 Aug 2014, 3:43 pm)Jimmi Bloody cyclists!

I'm getting increasingly fed up of cyclists crashing into me on footpaths where shouldn't be.

Also a cyclist decided to cut across the road on Aycliffe Ind Estate which forced us to hit hard on the brakes.

Cyclists who ride side by side can fuck off I am always seeing the cycling club riding side by side down the road and its a nightmare to get past them and also they don't use the cycle lanes because they are bastards riding around town on their bikes in their Lycra who you can clearly see mouthing "fuck you" and I've heard stories about two cyclists who ride side by side on the back road through Middridge to Shildon at 0730 every morning and service 5 got stuck behind them every morning and overtaking in an Enviro 400 on a not very wide road was a challenge.

Saw three parallel not too long ago as I was driving in the opposite direction.
Curious to see what the police van that turned onto the same road and would end up behind them would do.
Was tempted to turn round myself and have a look.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
29 Aug 2014, 7:29 pm #161

(28 Aug 2014, 3:43 pm)Jimmi Bloody cyclists!

I'm getting increasingly fed up of cyclists crashing into me on footpaths where shouldn't be.

Also a cyclist decided to cut across the road on Aycliffe Ind Estate which forced us to hit hard on the brakes.

Cyclists who ride side by side can fuck off I am always seeing the cycling club riding side by side down the road and its a nightmare to get past them and also they don't use the cycle lanes because they are bastards riding around town on their bikes in their Lycra who you can clearly see mouthing "fuck you" and I've heard stories about two cyclists who ride side by side on the back road through Middridge to Shildon at 0730 every morning and service 5 got stuck behind them every morning and overtaking in an Enviro 400 on a not very wide road was a challenge.

Saw three parallel not too long ago as I was driving in the opposite direction.
Curious to see what the police van that turned onto the same road and would end up behind them would do.
Was tempted to turn round myself and have a look.

Jimmi

30 Aug 2014, 11:18 am #162
Currys / PC World Darlington.

Went to see if they had any portable hard drive for my laptop to store my photos on... Waste of time they had none all of them were for Macs... I don't have a Mac you pricks, do you know anyone who has a Mac because I don't, so thanks for wasting my time.
Jimmi
30 Aug 2014, 11:18 am #162

Currys / PC World Darlington.

Went to see if they had any portable hard drive for my laptop to store my photos on... Waste of time they had none all of them were for Macs... I don't have a Mac you pricks, do you know anyone who has a Mac because I don't, so thanks for wasting my time.

Adrian

30 Aug 2014, 11:50 am #163
(30 Aug 2014, 11:18 am)Jimmi Currys / PC World Darlington.

Use ebuyer.co.uk

I tend to get most parts from them and never had a single issue in nearly 10 years.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
30 Aug 2014, 11:50 am #163

(30 Aug 2014, 11:18 am)Jimmi Currys / PC World Darlington.

Use ebuyer.co.uk

I tend to get most parts from them and never had a single issue in nearly 10 years.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

30 Aug 2014, 1:13 pm #164
Arriva driver trying to tell me West Auckland at Heritage Park...

No, Mr Driver, that would be Bishop Auckland
MrFozz
30 Aug 2014, 1:13 pm #164

Arriva driver trying to tell me West Auckland at Heritage Park...

No, Mr Driver, that would be Bishop Auckland

GuyParkRoyal

30 Aug 2014, 5:04 pm #165
Someone at GNE's Chester le Street depot who is allocating Bicycle Buses as spares for any route since they have been painted red. 4896 being on the 50 today along with similar allocations on the 50 & 71 on several occasions recently when the Lime had allocations from 4906-9 or Solars.
No doubt the next time I want to take my bike to Consett I will not be able to do so as a result of these wrong allocations.
Edited 30 Aug 2014, 5:31 pm by GuyParkRoyal.
GuyParkRoyal
30 Aug 2014, 5:04 pm #165

Someone at GNE's Chester le Street depot who is allocating Bicycle Buses as spares for any route since they have been painted red. 4896 being on the 50 today along with similar allocations on the 50 & 71 on several occasions recently when the Lime had allocations from 4906-9 or Solars.
No doubt the next time I want to take my bike to Consett I will not be able to do so as a result of these wrong allocations.

Tom

30 Aug 2014, 5:09 pm #166
(30 Aug 2014, 5:04 pm)GuyParkRoyal Someone at GNE's Chester le Street depot who is allocating Bicycle Buses as spares for any route since they have been painted red. 4896 being on the 50 today along with similar allocations on the 50 & 71 on several occasions recently.

One Bike Bus was on the 44A today as well.
Tom
30 Aug 2014, 5:09 pm #166

(30 Aug 2014, 5:04 pm)GuyParkRoyal Someone at GNE's Chester le Street depot who is allocating Bicycle Buses as spares for any route since they have been painted red. 4896 being on the 50 today along with similar allocations on the 50 & 71 on several occasions recently.

One Bike Bus was on the 44A today as well.

Adrian

30 Aug 2014, 8:57 pm #167
(30 Aug 2014, 5:04 pm)GuyParkRoyal Someone at GNE's Chester le Street depot who is allocating Bicycle Buses as spares for any route since they have been painted red. 4896 being on the 50 today along with similar allocations on the 50 & 71 on several occasions recently when the Lime had allocations from 4906-9 or Solars.

Be interesting to see if the service is retained when investment comes along. I'd hope so, despite all the moaners about "bikes on buses".

Adrian
30 Aug 2014, 8:57 pm #167

(30 Aug 2014, 5:04 pm)GuyParkRoyal Someone at GNE's Chester le Street depot who is allocating Bicycle Buses as spares for any route since they have been painted red. 4896 being on the 50 today along with similar allocations on the 50 & 71 on several occasions recently when the Lime had allocations from 4906-9 or Solars.

Be interesting to see if the service is retained when investment comes along. I'd hope so, despite all the moaners about "bikes on buses".

mb134

31 Aug 2014, 6:28 pm #168
Some Newcastle fans, with their constant anti-Pardew attitude.
Yes I know there are better managers out there, but would any of those consider working under the conditions Pardew does? No.
The fans I'm annoyed at most are those who, when we finished 5th were treating him as some kind of legend, and are now saying it was complete luck.
Here's hoping he buys a decent striker tomorrow and we have an amazing season again, then I'd like to see how many people are calling for him to be sacked...
mb134
31 Aug 2014, 6:28 pm #168

Some Newcastle fans, with their constant anti-Pardew attitude.
Yes I know there are better managers out there, but would any of those consider working under the conditions Pardew does? No.
The fans I'm annoyed at most are those who, when we finished 5th were treating him as some kind of legend, and are now saying it was complete luck.
Here's hoping he buys a decent striker tomorrow and we have an amazing season again, then I'd like to see how many people are calling for him to be sacked...

Adrian

31 Aug 2014, 6:50 pm #169
(31 Aug 2014, 6:28 pm)mb134 Some Newcastle fans, with their constant anti-Pardew attitude.

I don't think Pardew's tactics are great, but yeah, they need a proven goalscorer.

Newcastle fans these days are fickle as can be these days. It's like a morgue until they're 2 goals up. Happy clappers with no idea, who would probably be away if they weren't locked in to a multi year deal.

Adrian
31 Aug 2014, 6:50 pm #169

(31 Aug 2014, 6:28 pm)mb134 Some Newcastle fans, with their constant anti-Pardew attitude.

I don't think Pardew's tactics are great, but yeah, they need a proven goalscorer.

Newcastle fans these days are fickle as can be these days. It's like a morgue until they're 2 goals up. Happy clappers with no idea, who would probably be away if they weren't locked in to a multi year deal.

Andreos1

31 Aug 2014, 7:08 pm #170

I am not a fan of Pardew, will admit to being pleasantly surprised when we finished 5th, but have been willing to give him a chance since.

Totally agree with you - not sure who else would work under the current regime, but with the players he has had and money at his disposal, only Pardew can be taken to task over the performance of the players and the final league placings.

Having been a supporter, since the last throws of Jackie Charlton and a visitor to SJP since the days of Jim Smith, I have seen highs and lows.
There was always a sense of optimism though - even in the dark, dark days. Whether that was down to a bright new thing emerging from the youth team or a potential takeover, there was always something.
I am not sure there is that sense of optimism floating around these days though and that is what is most worrying.

Andreos1
31 Aug 2014, 7:08 pm #170

I am not a fan of Pardew, will admit to being pleasantly surprised when we finished 5th, but have been willing to give him a chance since.

Totally agree with you - not sure who else would work under the current regime, but with the players he has had and money at his disposal, only Pardew can be taken to task over the performance of the players and the final league placings.

Having been a supporter, since the last throws of Jackie Charlton and a visitor to SJP since the days of Jim Smith, I have seen highs and lows.
There was always a sense of optimism though - even in the dark, dark days. Whether that was down to a bright new thing emerging from the youth team or a potential takeover, there was always something.
I am not sure there is that sense of optimism floating around these days though and that is what is most worrying.

01 Sep 2014, 5:27 pm #171
Will go back to school tomorrow to find probably about 100 new faces in my year group, and about 12 new people in my tutor group. Now that Pelton Roseberry has closed, I think the other half of their population have gone to the NDA, and the rest are coming to my school......
R852 PRG
01 Sep 2014, 5:27 pm #171

Will go back to school tomorrow to find probably about 100 new faces in my year group, and about 12 new people in my tutor group. Now that Pelton Roseberry has closed, I think the other half of their population have gone to the NDA, and the rest are coming to my school......

Andreos1

01 Sep 2014, 5:50 pm #172
(01 Sep 2014, 5:27 pm)Marcus Will go back to school tomorrow to find probably about 100 new faces in my year group, and about 12 new people in my tutor group. Now that Pelton Roseberry has closed, I think the other half of their population have gone to the NDA, and the rest are coming to my school......

A few of the eldests mates were in yr7 last September up at Roseberry. The intake for the year was something sackless like 30.

Andreos1
01 Sep 2014, 5:50 pm #172

(01 Sep 2014, 5:27 pm)Marcus Will go back to school tomorrow to find probably about 100 new faces in my year group, and about 12 new people in my tutor group. Now that Pelton Roseberry has closed, I think the other half of their population have gone to the NDA, and the rest are coming to my school......

A few of the eldests mates were in yr7 last September up at Roseberry. The intake for the year was something sackless like 30.

01 Sep 2014, 5:52 pm #173
(01 Sep 2014, 5:50 pm)Andreos Constantopolous A few of the eldests mates were in yr7 last September up at Roseberry. The intake for the year was something sackless like 30.

Wow! People were saying that they had equal numbers to us!
R852 PRG
01 Sep 2014, 5:52 pm #173

(01 Sep 2014, 5:50 pm)Andreos Constantopolous A few of the eldests mates were in yr7 last September up at Roseberry. The intake for the year was something sackless like 30.

Wow! People were saying that they had equal numbers to us!

Andreos1

01 Sep 2014, 5:54 pm #174
(01 Sep 2014, 5:52 pm)Marcus Wow! People were saying that they had equal numbers to us!

They probably did in year 8 and above.

Andreos1
01 Sep 2014, 5:54 pm #174

(01 Sep 2014, 5:52 pm)Marcus Wow! People were saying that they had equal numbers to us!

They probably did in year 8 and above.

01 Sep 2014, 5:58 pm #175
(01 Sep 2014, 5:54 pm)Andreos Constantopolous They probably did in year 8 and above.

Looks like I'll just have to see. I'll get numbers tomorrow and tell you. I think it might be about 75 now.
R852 PRG
01 Sep 2014, 5:58 pm #175

(01 Sep 2014, 5:54 pm)Andreos Constantopolous They probably did in year 8 and above.

Looks like I'll just have to see. I'll get numbers tomorrow and tell you. I think it might be about 75 now.

Malarkey

01 Sep 2014, 6:08 pm #176
Bloody Mother

Me: Rings Mother, Hi Mam have you got a Red/Purple Pass so I go to the Arriva Launch Tonight.

Mother: Yeah I have

Me: Well will you meet me at The Galleries after you've work, so I can have your Pass.

Mother: Yeah no bother Son, see you after I have finished work.

Power Walks all the way to The Galleries to get the Bus Pass off her, and then catch the 921 to Newcastle, only to find when meeting her, she actually had a Zone 3 and 4 Network One Pass, which wouldn't even get me to Newcastle.
Malarkey
01 Sep 2014, 6:08 pm #176

Bloody Mother

Me: Rings Mother, Hi Mam have you got a Red/Purple Pass so I go to the Arriva Launch Tonight.

Mother: Yeah I have

Me: Well will you meet me at The Galleries after you've work, so I can have your Pass.

Mother: Yeah no bother Son, see you after I have finished work.

Power Walks all the way to The Galleries to get the Bus Pass off her, and then catch the 921 to Newcastle, only to find when meeting her, she actually had a Zone 3 and 4 Network One Pass, which wouldn't even get me to Newcastle.

Dan

Site Administrator

01 Sep 2014, 6:09 pm #177
Discovering that my Business Studies teacher has buggered off to Thailand with his wife, meaning that I get my alcoholic ICT teacher for A-Level Business now too.

Looking forward to my 8 hours a week with her... Dodgy
Dan
01 Sep 2014, 6:09 pm #177

Discovering that my Business Studies teacher has buggered off to Thailand with his wife, meaning that I get my alcoholic ICT teacher for A-Level Business now too.

01 Sep 2014, 6:12 pm #178
(01 Sep 2014, 6:09 pm)Dan Discovering that my Business Studies teacher has buggered off to Thailand with his wife, meaning that I get my alcoholic ICT teacher for A-Level Business now too.

Oh my......I know this year I've got some clowns for teachers.
R852 PRG
01 Sep 2014, 6:12 pm #178

(01 Sep 2014, 6:09 pm)Dan Discovering that my Business Studies teacher has buggered off to Thailand with his wife, meaning that I get my alcoholic ICT teacher for A-Level Business now too.

Oh my......I know this year I've got some clowns for teachers.

Tom

01 Sep 2014, 6:14 pm #179
(01 Sep 2014, 6:12 pm)Marcus Oh my......I know this year I've got some clowns for teachers.

One of mine is a gay Geography teacher who I can annoy Wink
Tom
01 Sep 2014, 6:14 pm #179

(01 Sep 2014, 6:12 pm)Marcus Oh my......I know this year I've got some clowns for teachers.

One of mine is a gay Geography teacher who I can annoy Wink

Dan

Site Administrator

01 Sep 2014, 6:17 pm #180

What's more is that I think the class sizes for both are only 3-4 pupils (myself included). Even better??

Good job the green bridge is only a ten minute walk from my house (and indeed from school too). Tongue
Dan
01 Sep 2014, 6:17 pm #180

What's more is that I think the class sizes for both are only 3-4 pupils (myself included). Even better??

Good job the green bridge is only a ten minute walk from my house (and indeed from school too). Tongue

Pages (135) Previous 18 9 10135 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average