Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (135) Previous 111 12 13135 Next
Dan

Site Administrator

05 Sep 2014, 7:03 am #221
I would like to point out that, on the original post of this thread, I did specify that we shouldn't be using this thread to complain about other members of the forum, and if someone did have an issue with another member of the community, they should directly PM that user.

I had debated whether or not to include the entire enthusiast community or not, but most enthusiasts in the North East are members of this forum (although some are less frequent visitors than others, and some remain as guests) and I'd argue that you mightn't be able to communicate with another person privately over Facebook due to their privacy settings.

My thoughts on this remain neutral, as always, and I favour no party in particular. This thread is not used to attack other enthusiasts (and I've looked through quite a few of the pages from the former thread as well as this one to back this statement up), it is used to describe what has annoyed the poster on that day.

Let's end this here please. I'll give users sufficient time to read the posts above in case they haven't been online yet and I'll try and set them as invisible at some point today. Any further comments related to this below my post will simply be removed without question.

Anyway...
My annoyance this morning is having to go to Church with school, all suited and booted as I'm now in Sixth Form!
Dan
05 Sep 2014, 7:03 am #221

I would like to point out that, on the original post of this thread, I did specify that we shouldn't be using this thread to complain about other members of the forum, and if someone did have an issue with another member of the community, they should directly PM that user.

I had debated whether or not to include the entire enthusiast community or not, but most enthusiasts in the North East are members of this forum (although some are less frequent visitors than others, and some remain as guests) and I'd argue that you mightn't be able to communicate with another person privately over Facebook due to their privacy settings.

My thoughts on this remain neutral, as always, and I favour no party in particular. This thread is not used to attack other enthusiasts (and I've looked through quite a few of the pages from the former thread as well as this one to back this statement up), it is used to describe what has annoyed the poster on that day.

Let's end this here please. I'll give users sufficient time to read the posts above in case they haven't been online yet and I'll try and set them as invisible at some point today. Any further comments related to this below my post will simply be removed without question.

Anyway...
My annoyance this morning is having to go to Church with school, all suited and booted as I'm now in Sixth Form!

Michael

05 Sep 2014, 9:19 am #222
Student finance once again!

Stupid automated system! "please say your customer reference number" so i said it like 5 times and it wasn't working....... finally got put through to a person!

Oh and the women agreed the auto system doesn't work!
Edited 05 Sep 2014, 9:21 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 Sep 2014, 9:19 am #222

Student finance once again!

Stupid automated system! "please say your customer reference number" so i said it like 5 times and it wasn't working....... finally got put through to a person!

Oh and the women agreed the auto system doesn't work!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

05 Sep 2014, 4:15 pm #223
The fact Fencehouses hasn't been mentioned today!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
05 Sep 2014, 4:15 pm #223

The fact Fencehouses hasn't been mentioned today!

MurdnunoC

05 Sep 2014, 4:20 pm #224
(05 Sep 2014, 7:03 am)Dan My annoyance this morning is having to go to Church with school, all suited and booted as I'm now in Sixth Form!

You should really be able to opt-out of any sort of religious engagement when attending sixth-form.

I would be furious if I was forced to attend.
MurdnunoC
05 Sep 2014, 4:20 pm #224

(05 Sep 2014, 7:03 am)Dan My annoyance this morning is having to go to Church with school, all suited and booted as I'm now in Sixth Form!

You should really be able to opt-out of any sort of religious engagement when attending sixth-form.

Dan

Site Administrator

05 Sep 2014, 4:27 pm #225
(05 Sep 2014, 4:20 pm)AdamY You should really be able to opt-out of any sort of religious engagement when attending sixth-form.

As it's thought to be a school with a Christian ethos, one must attend regardless of their faith, and in the Upper Sixth, you get additional responsibilities in church too (collections, handing out leaflets, etc).

I know most of us don't believe in God, but we have to sit through it regardless. I hope I don't cause offence to any of our religious members on the forum, but I've often stressed to my teachers in the past that I'd rather not waste my time by going to church when I'm not religious, and would prefer to be in a lesson (which was critical revision time towards the end of last year)...but to no avail!
Dan
05 Sep 2014, 4:27 pm #225

(05 Sep 2014, 4:20 pm)AdamY You should really be able to opt-out of any sort of religious engagement when attending sixth-form.

As it's thought to be a school with a Christian ethos, one must attend regardless of their faith, and in the Upper Sixth, you get additional responsibilities in church too (collections, handing out leaflets, etc).

I know most of us don't believe in God, but we have to sit through it regardless. I hope I don't cause offence to any of our religious members on the forum, but I've often stressed to my teachers in the past that I'd rather not waste my time by going to church when I'm not religious, and would prefer to be in a lesson (which was critical revision time towards the end of last year)...but to no avail!

MurdnunoC

05 Sep 2014, 4:35 pm #226
(05 Sep 2014, 4:27 pm)Dan As it's thought to be a school with a Christian ethos, one must attend regardless of their faith, and in the Upper Sixth, you get additional responsibilities in church too (collections, handing out leaflets, etc).

Ah, the invisible religious oppression that we all seemingly face.
MurdnunoC
05 Sep 2014, 4:35 pm #226

(05 Sep 2014, 4:27 pm)Dan As it's thought to be a school with a Christian ethos, one must attend regardless of their faith, and in the Upper Sixth, you get additional responsibilities in church too (collections, handing out leaflets, etc).

Ah, the invisible religious oppression that we all seemingly face.

Dan

Site Administrator

05 Sep 2014, 11:17 pm #227
Has anyone seen that video of the bloke suggesting how dangerous the Facebook Messenger app is?

It's been on my news feed for about a week now, and it came up in discussion in the Common Room today too. I couldn't stress enough that it's down to the generic messages laid out by Android, and that the app requires those permissions so that you can access features within the app.

The lads all seemed to agree with me, but I can't say the same about the girls. Really annoyed me that they truly thought that the app would take photos of them whilst they were unaware and all this malarkey...

It seems Facebook pushed a notification through to me earlier and have thankfully made an announcement.
https://m.facebook.com/messengerfacts?qp...VHKybvV44F

Negative being turned into a positive!
Dan
05 Sep 2014, 11:17 pm #227

Has anyone seen that video of the bloke suggesting how dangerous the Facebook Messenger app is?

It's been on my news feed for about a week now, and it came up in discussion in the Common Room today too. I couldn't stress enough that it's down to the generic messages laid out by Android, and that the app requires those permissions so that you can access features within the app.

The lads all seemed to agree with me, but I can't say the same about the girls. Really annoyed me that they truly thought that the app would take photos of them whilst they were unaware and all this malarkey...

It seems Facebook pushed a notification through to me earlier and have thankfully made an announcement.

Michael

06 Sep 2014, 7:51 am #228
Woke up to no electric this morning! Sad

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
06 Sep 2014, 7:51 am #228

Woke up to no electric this morning! Sad

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

06 Sep 2014, 3:02 pm #229
(05 Sep 2014, 11:17 pm)Dan Has anyone seen that video of the bloke suggesting how dangerous the Facebook Messenger app is?

But the same people are more than happy to send SMS or email no doubt, which are in fact worse, as both mediums have zero encryption. The latter not even requiring authentication.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
06 Sep 2014, 3:02 pm #229

(05 Sep 2014, 11:17 pm)Dan Has anyone seen that video of the bloke suggesting how dangerous the Facebook Messenger app is?

But the same people are more than happy to send SMS or email no doubt, which are in fact worse, as both mediums have zero encryption. The latter not even requiring authentication.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Jimmi

06 Sep 2014, 5:28 pm #230
Thanks to the woman hiding in the bus shelter on North Road in Darlington who magically appeared out of nowhere than put her hand out for the 5 when it was practically past the stop and the driver slammed on the brakes to stop for her and my knees ended up pressed against the seat and now once again my bad knees are in pain so thank you, I now thoroughly look forward to being barely able to walk for another 4 days Angry
Jimmi
06 Sep 2014, 5:28 pm #230

Thanks to the woman hiding in the bus shelter on North Road in Darlington who magically appeared out of nowhere than put her hand out for the 5 when it was practically past the stop and the driver slammed on the brakes to stop for her and my knees ended up pressed against the seat and now once again my bad knees are in pain so thank you, I now thoroughly look forward to being barely able to walk for another 4 days Angry

Dan

Site Administrator

07 Sep 2014, 3:37 pm #231
Can I guess what may have annoyed Tom today...?

[Image: 14968634637_93a7ea92bb.jpg]Go North East: 5244 / NK56KHO by danielgrahamm, on Flickr
Dan
07 Sep 2014, 3:37 pm #231

Can I guess what may have annoyed Tom today...?

[Image: 14968634637_93a7ea92bb.jpg]Go North East: 5244 / NK56KHO by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

Tom

07 Sep 2014, 3:46 pm #232
(07 Sep 2014, 3:37 pm)Dan Can I guess what may have annoyed Tom today...?

Spot on!
I can't believe he thought it was the break light, what a joke.
Tom
07 Sep 2014, 3:46 pm #232

(07 Sep 2014, 3:37 pm)Dan Can I guess what may have annoyed Tom today...?

Spot on!

Andreos1

07 Sep 2014, 3:52 pm #233
(07 Sep 2014, 3:46 pm)Tom Spot on!

Cocaine?!
Haha, where did that come from? Big Grin

Andreos1
07 Sep 2014, 3:52 pm #233

Cocaine?!
Haha, where did that come from? Big Grin

S813 FVK

07 Sep 2014, 4:11 pm #234

Oh i loved reading that. I love a good argument now and again but that was just wow (the only word that i can use to describe it). I still cant get how he has more followers than me considering (and i dont want to come across as bragging here) my photos are a lot better in quality than his.
S813 FVK
07 Sep 2014, 4:11 pm #234

Oh i loved reading that. I love a good argument now and again but that was just wow (the only word that i can use to describe it). I still cant get how he has more followers than me considering (and i dont want to come across as bragging here) my photos are a lot better in quality than his.

Tom

07 Sep 2014, 4:13 pm #235
(07 Sep 2014, 4:11 pm)Robert Oh i loved reading that. I love a good argument now and again but that was just wow (the only word that i can use to describe it). I still cant get how he has more followers than me considering (and i dont want to come across as bragging here) my photos are a lot better in quality than his.

Anyones photos are better than his.
It pisses me off when he tells a clear lie, than tries to hide it by saying he got the colour and brake lights mixed up.
Tom
07 Sep 2014, 4:13 pm #235

(07 Sep 2014, 4:11 pm)Robert Oh i loved reading that. I love a good argument now and again but that was just wow (the only word that i can use to describe it). I still cant get how he has more followers than me considering (and i dont want to come across as bragging here) my photos are a lot better in quality than his.

Anyones photos are better than his.
It pisses me off when he tells a clear lie, than tries to hide it by saying he got the colour and brake lights mixed up.

Dan

Site Administrator

07 Sep 2014, 4:15 pm #236

What's your following : followed by ratio?

Davie 'follows' 2000 other Flickr members, but is only 'followed by' 700 (meaning that for every one person he follows, 0.35 Flickr members actually follow him back).
I 'follow' 126 other Flickr members, and I'm 'followed by' 259 (meaning that for every one person I follow, two follow me in return).
Dan
07 Sep 2014, 4:15 pm #236

What's your following : followed by ratio?

Davie 'follows' 2000 other Flickr members, but is only 'followed by' 700 (meaning that for every one person he follows, 0.35 Flickr members actually follow him back).
I 'follow' 126 other Flickr members, and I'm 'followed by' 259 (meaning that for every one person I follow, two follow me in return).

Tom

07 Sep 2014, 4:20 pm #237
(07 Sep 2014, 4:15 pm)Dan What's your following : followed by ratio?

I'm following 148, being followed by 148.
Tom
07 Sep 2014, 4:20 pm #237

I'm following 148, being followed by 148.

mb134

07 Sep 2014, 4:20 pm #238
Biology homework, been on this for 7 hours and I've understood the first bit Sad
Edited 07 Sep 2014, 5:45 pm by mb134.
mb134
07 Sep 2014, 4:20 pm #238

Biology homework, been on this for 7 hours and I've understood the first bit Sad

S813 FVK

07 Sep 2014, 4:31 pm #239

37:20 meaning for every 1 person i follow i get 1.85 people following me back. I hope i have done that calculation right basing it off your example. Im not that good at maths.

I dont follow that many people, nor do i favourite many photos. My way of faveing is just to follow the user then if i want to look back at the previous photos and newer uploads of that user i can without clogging up their news feed thing with '--- has favourtied your photo' etc.
Edited 07 Sep 2014, 4:34 pm by S813 FVK.
S813 FVK
07 Sep 2014, 4:31 pm #239

37:20 meaning for every 1 person i follow i get 1.85 people following me back. I hope i have done that calculation right basing it off your example. Im not that good at maths.

I dont follow that many people, nor do i favourite many photos. My way of faveing is just to follow the user then if i want to look back at the previous photos and newer uploads of that user i can without clogging up their news feed thing with '--- has favourtied your photo' etc.

Dan

Site Administrator

07 Sep 2014, 4:33 pm #240
(07 Sep 2014, 4:31 pm)Robert 37:20 meaning for every 1 person i follow i get 1.85 people following me back. I hope i have done that calculation right basing it off your example. Im not that good at maths.

There you go - that's more impressive, in my eyes, at least! Tongue

If you went around and faved 80k photos and followed 2000 people, you'd find that you'd gain more followers and hence more faves on your photos.
Dan
07 Sep 2014, 4:33 pm #240

(07 Sep 2014, 4:31 pm)Robert 37:20 meaning for every 1 person i follow i get 1.85 people following me back. I hope i have done that calculation right basing it off your example. Im not that good at maths.

There you go - that's more impressive, in my eyes, at least! Tongue

If you went around and faved 80k photos and followed 2000 people, you'd find that you'd gain more followers and hence more faves on your photos.

Pages (135) Previous 111 12 13135 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average