North East Buses Other Forms of Transport Railways Tyne and Wear Metro

Tyne and Wear Metro

Tyne and Wear Metro

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (146) Previous 133 34 35146 Next
Dan

Site Administrator

01 Sep 2014, 3:58 pm #661
(30 Aug 2014, 9:30 am)56everyday Good news!
There are delays of up to 15 mins to trains running between South Hylton and Airport due to a train being withdrawn from service.
And again.

No trains at Park Lane for 20 mins with the next one currently being at Pelaw.
Dan
01 Sep 2014, 3:58 pm #661

(30 Aug 2014, 9:30 am)56everyday Good news!
There are delays of up to 15 mins to trains running between South Hylton and Airport due to a train being withdrawn from service.
And again.

Tom

01 Sep 2014, 4:06 pm #662
(01 Sep 2014, 3:58 pm)Dan And again.

There was two ambulances in Gateshead Interchange about a hour ago, so this might have something to do with it?
Tom
01 Sep 2014, 4:06 pm #662

(01 Sep 2014, 3:58 pm)Dan And again.

There was two ambulances in Gateshead Interchange about a hour ago, so this might have something to do with it?

Dan

Site Administrator

01 Sep 2014, 4:07 pm #663
(01 Sep 2014, 4:06 pm)Tom There was two ambulances in Gateshead Interchange about a hour ago, so this might have something to do with it?
The announcement said that a train was withdrawn from service.
Dan
01 Sep 2014, 4:07 pm #663

(01 Sep 2014, 4:06 pm)Tom There was two ambulances in Gateshead Interchange about a hour ago, so this might have something to do with it?
The announcement said that a train was withdrawn from service.

Andreos1

01 Sep 2014, 4:39 pm #664
(01 Sep 2014, 4:08 pm)Tom Ah right - they did go down into the Metro Concourse, but musn't have affected the trains.

Suppose it depends what the incident was - two ambulances and a train withdrawn from service, could be something trivial or nasty.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
01 Sep 2014, 4:39 pm #664

(01 Sep 2014, 4:08 pm)Tom Ah right - they did go down into the Metro Concourse, but musn't have affected the trains.

Suppose it depends what the incident was - two ambulances and a train withdrawn from service, could be something trivial or nasty.

Adrian

02 Sep 2014, 4:12 pm #665
(24 Aug 2014, 9:30 am)aureolin Tyne and Wear Metro
1 hr ·
Delays systemwide due to operational problems.

Any ideas? Answers on a post card Wink

Got an answer about this from Metro.

Good afternoon

Thank you for your email.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay caused to the service on Sunday 24th August which was due to lack of driver resource. Resource has been hampered greatly due to staff sickness, however, we do have additional crew in training at the moment with another group commencing in a few weeks. I appreciate this does not combat the here and now, however, you have my assurances that we are working hard to improve our train performance and customer satisfaction.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
02 Sep 2014, 4:12 pm #665

(24 Aug 2014, 9:30 am)aureolin Tyne and Wear Metro
1 hr ·
Delays systemwide due to operational problems.

Any ideas? Answers on a post card Wink

Got an answer about this from Metro.

Good afternoon

Thank you for your email.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay caused to the service on Sunday 24th August which was due to lack of driver resource. Resource has been hampered greatly due to staff sickness, however, we do have additional crew in training at the moment with another group commencing in a few weeks. I appreciate this does not combat the here and now, however, you have my assurances that we are working hard to improve our train performance and customer satisfaction.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Andreos1

03 Sep 2014, 8:22 am #666
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...se-7710141

Three ticket offices face closure.
Heworth and Monument are of those three.

Andreos1
03 Sep 2014, 8:22 am #666

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...se-7710141

BJ10VUS

03 Sep 2014, 9:47 am #667
(03 Sep 2014, 8:22 am)Andreos Constantopolous http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...se-7710141

I think it's annoying that they're closing the shops, yet you still can't buy Adult Network One Monthly/Annual tickets or Student Network One tickets at ticket machines or load them on to a smart card.

Surely people forking out that amount of money would be using their credit/debit card anyway, unless they're happy forking over £900-odd quid in £5 notes through the ticket machines! Tongue
Edited 03 Sep 2014, 9:48 am by BJ10VUS.
BJ10VUS
03 Sep 2014, 9:47 am #667

(03 Sep 2014, 8:22 am)Andreos Constantopolous http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...se-7710141

I think it's annoying that they're closing the shops, yet you still can't buy Adult Network One Monthly/Annual tickets or Student Network One tickets at ticket machines or load them on to a smart card.

Surely people forking out that amount of money would be using their credit/debit card anyway, unless they're happy forking over £900-odd quid in £5 notes through the ticket machines! Tongue

Andreos1

03 Sep 2014, 10:51 am #668
(03 Sep 2014, 9:47 am)BJ10VUS I think it's annoying that they're closing the shops, yet you still can't buy Adult Network One Monthly/Annual tickets or Student Network One tickets at ticket machines or load them on to a smart card.

The Heworth/Central Station/Four Lane Ends ones are interesting.

Whenever I have seen the Central Station office, it has had very few people.in.
Granted it is the first one visitors may come across, but do Nexus want people to be seen to in a pokey little cupboard?

Where are the closest alternatives to Four Lane Ends and Heworth?

I buy a weekly ticket all zones travelticket twice a month, but need to to take time out of my day to do so - travelling to the nearest retailer (in the car), to buy the ticket.
If I don't get a chance to buy one at the weekend, for the following week, then due to the likely early start, it means I need to buy a Day Rover - incase plans change and I don't get to a shop before they close for the day.

Surely Nexus need to make buying these tickets as easy as possible?
Maybe going down the line of TfL and making them available in licenced retailers?

Andreos1
03 Sep 2014, 10:51 am #668

(03 Sep 2014, 9:47 am)BJ10VUS I think it's annoying that they're closing the shops, yet you still can't buy Adult Network One Monthly/Annual tickets or Student Network One tickets at ticket machines or load them on to a smart card.

The Heworth/Central Station/Four Lane Ends ones are interesting.

Granted it is the first one visitors may come across, but do Nexus want people to be seen to in a pokey little cupboard?

I buy a weekly ticket all zones travelticket twice a month, but need to to take time out of my day to do so - travelling to the nearest retailer (in the car), to buy the ticket.
If I don't get a chance to buy one at the weekend, for the following week, then due to the likely early start, it means I need to buy a Day Rover - incase plans change and I don't get to a shop before they close for the day.

Maybe going down the line of TfL and making them available in licenced retailers?

Michael

03 Sep 2014, 4:32 pm #669
Tyne and Wear Metro
11 mins ·
There are no trains running between Haymarket and Gateshead Stadium in both directions until further notice. This is due to a failed train. Go North East are accepting Metro tickets in the affected area. Bus services 27 operate between Monument and Heworth. We will update you as soon as we have more information.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
03 Sep 2014, 4:32 pm #669

Tyne and Wear Metro
11 mins ·
There are no trains running between Haymarket and Gateshead Stadium in both directions until further notice. This is due to a failed train. Go North East are accepting Metro tickets in the affected area. Bus services 27 operate between Monument and Heworth. We will update you as soon as we have more information.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

BJ10VUS

03 Sep 2014, 8:33 pm #670
(03 Sep 2014, 10:51 am)Andreos Constantopolous The Heworth/Central Station/Four Lane Ends ones are interesting.

Couldn't agree more! It's a faff on if, for example, you currently live in Longbenton, or Felling, and you'd previously walk to Heworth or Four Lane Ends and now you can't. Even more annoying if you live further away from a TravelShop - very inconvenient!
Edited 03 Sep 2014, 8:33 pm by BJ10VUS.
BJ10VUS
03 Sep 2014, 8:33 pm #670

(03 Sep 2014, 10:51 am)Andreos Constantopolous The Heworth/Central Station/Four Lane Ends ones are interesting.

Couldn't agree more! It's a faff on if, for example, you currently live in Longbenton, or Felling, and you'd previously walk to Heworth or Four Lane Ends and now you can't. Even more annoying if you live further away from a TravelShop - very inconvenient!

Michael

10 Sep 2014, 8:53 am #671
Tyne and Wear Metro
6 mins ·
Service has now resumed and trains are running between Heworth and Pelaw in both directions but are subject to delays of up to 25 mins. This was due to a failed train. Please leave extra time for your journey.

Glad i rarely use the metro!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Sep 2014, 8:53 am #671

Tyne and Wear Metro
6 mins ·
Service has now resumed and trains are running between Heworth and Pelaw in both directions but are subject to delays of up to 25 mins. This was due to a failed train. Please leave extra time for your journey.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Bus_User

10 Sep 2014, 4:16 pm #672
(10 Sep 2014, 8:53 am)Michael Tyne and Wear Metro
6 mins ·

Certainly not a perfect system by any means but Tyne & Wear will be lost without it and that is a fact!
Bus_User
10 Sep 2014, 4:16 pm #672

(10 Sep 2014, 8:53 am)Michael Tyne and Wear Metro
6 mins ·

Certainly not a perfect system by any means but Tyne & Wear will be lost without it and that is a fact!

Adrian

10 Sep 2014, 8:32 pm #673
(10 Sep 2014, 4:16 pm)Bus_User Certainly not a perfect system by any means but Tyne & Wear will be lost without it and that is a fact!
I can honestly say I wouldn't be. I paid the levy when living in Washington, but had nothing but broken commitments when it came to getting the system. When I worked in Newcastle I used the bus. 30 mins as oppose to the same (but more expensive) to travel by 194/Metro.

Adrian
10 Sep 2014, 8:32 pm #673

(10 Sep 2014, 4:16 pm)Bus_User Certainly not a perfect system by any means but Tyne & Wear will be lost without it and that is a fact!
I can honestly say I wouldn't be. I paid the levy when living in Washington, but had nothing but broken commitments when it came to getting the system. When I worked in Newcastle I used the bus. 30 mins as oppose to the same (but more expensive) to travel by 194/Metro.

Dan

Site Administrator

10 Sep 2014, 8:52 pm #674
(10 Sep 2014, 8:32 pm)aureolin I can honestly say I wouldn't be. I paid the levy when living in Washington, but had nothing but broken commitments when it came to getting the system. When I worked in Newcastle I used the bus. 30 mins as oppose to the same (but more expensive) to travel by 194/Metro.
As someone who lives on the Tyne and Wear Metro line, I can't say I'd be 'lost' without it either.

Buses run earlier and later than the first and last Metros (at least from Sunderland to Stadium of Light, when travelling to Gateshead or Newcastle); as such, I can't say that the Metro is better in that respect.

I'd suggest that if the Metro system was not around, services such as the X3 would be more successful as they wouldn't be directly competing with a service which could deliver a similar journey within half the time.

For me, the Metro is nothing more than a convenience to provide faster journey times between Point A and Point B.
Dan
10 Sep 2014, 8:52 pm #674

(10 Sep 2014, 8:32 pm)aureolin I can honestly say I wouldn't be. I paid the levy when living in Washington, but had nothing but broken commitments when it came to getting the system. When I worked in Newcastle I used the bus. 30 mins as oppose to the same (but more expensive) to travel by 194/Metro.
As someone who lives on the Tyne and Wear Metro line, I can't say I'd be 'lost' without it either.

Buses run earlier and later than the first and last Metros (at least from Sunderland to Stadium of Light, when travelling to Gateshead or Newcastle); as such, I can't say that the Metro is better in that respect.

I'd suggest that if the Metro system was not around, services such as the X3 would be more successful as they wouldn't be directly competing with a service which could deliver a similar journey within half the time.

For me, the Metro is nothing more than a convenience to provide faster journey times between Point A and Point B.

Bus_User

10 Sep 2014, 9:23 pm #675
(10 Sep 2014, 8:52 pm)Dan As someone who lives on the Tyne and Wear Metro line, I can't say I'd be 'lost' without it either.

Thats the point, the Metro when reliable can deliver you from A to B far quicker than the bus can in virtually all circumstances hence the route you suggested above struggled for passenger numbers(although tbh don't think GNE helped themselves but that is another topic). To use the route above, if there was no metro journey, the journey times by bus will no doubt increase in particular during peak times with heavier loadings and more traffic on the roads so for a lot of passengers no metro means a greater inconvenience than without it, despite its faults it has.

Northern may benefit with increased passengers numbers but exactly how many can use them with Sunderland and Heworth being the only stops and its hardly frequent and nor do they have enough stock to even think about coping with extra demand.

The bus industry will benefit more but with much increased traffic on the roads, then no doubt buses will get delayed thus journey times will take much longer(and that is before you count in they will take longer to start off with) and who will enjoy getting squashed on a busy single Decker.

So in that respect, I am glad the Metro is getting invested rather than letting it decline and eventually fail as Nexus puts it and whilst the moaners on FB won't realise it, if there was no Metro, people in general will honestly find getting from and to work a lot more difficult indeed.
Bus_User
10 Sep 2014, 9:23 pm #675

(10 Sep 2014, 8:52 pm)Dan As someone who lives on the Tyne and Wear Metro line, I can't say I'd be 'lost' without it either.

Thats the point, the Metro when reliable can deliver you from A to B far quicker than the bus can in virtually all circumstances hence the route you suggested above struggled for passenger numbers(although tbh don't think GNE helped themselves but that is another topic). To use the route above, if there was no metro journey, the journey times by bus will no doubt increase in particular during peak times with heavier loadings and more traffic on the roads so for a lot of passengers no metro means a greater inconvenience than without it, despite its faults it has.

Northern may benefit with increased passengers numbers but exactly how many can use them with Sunderland and Heworth being the only stops and its hardly frequent and nor do they have enough stock to even think about coping with extra demand.

The bus industry will benefit more but with much increased traffic on the roads, then no doubt buses will get delayed thus journey times will take much longer(and that is before you count in they will take longer to start off with) and who will enjoy getting squashed on a busy single Decker.

So in that respect, I am glad the Metro is getting invested rather than letting it decline and eventually fail as Nexus puts it and whilst the moaners on FB won't realise it, if there was no Metro, people in general will honestly find getting from and to work a lot more difficult indeed.

MurdnunoC

11 Sep 2014, 3:17 pm #676

It's not just Washington that pays the levy; huge swathes of Newcastle and Gateshead are also without access to the Metro network. This, I feel, is often overlooked.
MurdnunoC
11 Sep 2014, 3:17 pm #676

It's not just Washington that pays the levy; huge swathes of Newcastle and Gateshead are also without access to the Metro network. This, I feel, is often overlooked.

V514DFT

12 Sep 2014, 12:06 pm #677
can anyone tell me if theyve seen any trains going off to doncaster,i know 4021,4043 and 4087 are down there and 1 other(suspected to be 4014),ive asked on a different forum but no reply,any help would be appreciated
kind regards
Tez
V514DFT
12 Sep 2014, 12:06 pm #677

can anyone tell me if theyve seen any trains going off to doncaster,i know 4021,4043 and 4087 are down there and 1 other(suspected to be 4014),ive asked on a different forum but no reply,any help would be appreciated
kind regards
Tez

Lm2606

17 Sep 2014, 11:43 am #678
A driver has told me that Nexus has ran out of money and that they are now spray painting the trains. I'm not sure if this is true or not, any of you guys know?
Lm2606
17 Sep 2014, 11:43 am #678

A driver has told me that Nexus has ran out of money and that they are now spray painting the trains. I'm not sure if this is true or not, any of you guys know?

S813 FVK

17 Sep 2014, 3:27 pm #679
(17 Sep 2014, 11:43 am)Lm2606 A driver has told me that Nexus has ran out of money and that they are now spray painting the trains. I'm not sure if this is true or not, any of you guys know?

Im sure that thats just a rumour. I dont think they would be stupid enough to present their trains painted in spray paint. Id be embarrased!
S813 FVK
17 Sep 2014, 3:27 pm #679

(17 Sep 2014, 11:43 am)Lm2606 A driver has told me that Nexus has ran out of money and that they are now spray painting the trains. I'm not sure if this is true or not, any of you guys know?

Im sure that thats just a rumour. I dont think they would be stupid enough to present their trains painted in spray paint. Id be embarrased!

Malarkey

17 Sep 2014, 7:18 pm #680
Wasn't very amused with Carriage 4030 on my Journey from Chichester to Gateshead Metro this Afternoon, How that Carriage in is even fit for use is beyond me, it was worse than sitting on a Dennis Dart SPD when going at Speed for the Long Stretches between a few of the Stations, Rattled like crazy in the Centre Section (Turning Circle Bit), The Fire Extinguishers were Bouncing about also, surprised the Glass didn't shatter, and the Roof Support was also shaking, Part of the Carriage was also Cordoned off my a Yellow "Driver Under Instruction" Tarpin thingy, so you couldn't sit in the first few Seats behind the Drivers Cab either.
Malarkey
17 Sep 2014, 7:18 pm #680

Wasn't very amused with Carriage 4030 on my Journey from Chichester to Gateshead Metro this Afternoon, How that Carriage in is even fit for use is beyond me, it was worse than sitting on a Dennis Dart SPD when going at Speed for the Long Stretches between a few of the Stations, Rattled like crazy in the Centre Section (Turning Circle Bit), The Fire Extinguishers were Bouncing about also, surprised the Glass didn't shatter, and the Roof Support was also shaking, Part of the Carriage was also Cordoned off my a Yellow "Driver Under Instruction" Tarpin thingy, so you couldn't sit in the first few Seats behind the Drivers Cab either.

Pages (146) Previous 133 34 35146 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average