Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (135) Previous 121 22 23135 Next
Dan

Site Administrator

26 Sep 2014, 4:26 pm #421
(26 Sep 2014, 10:45 am)AdamY It's also covered by the Data Protection Act (providing said footage is not being used by the police in a criminal investigation) although you might have to pay costs £10 to obtain the film.

It must also be supplied within 40 days of the request.

https://www.gov.uk/request-cctv-footage-of-yourself

Most CCTV on-board buses has other people in it; as such, CCTV footage is very rarely distributed to people who may request it.

Thought about whether to post this or not, but as, strictly speaking, it doesn't break the original rule I set out on the OP of this thread, I'll go for it...
I've said it before and I'll say it again, but the phrase, "I understand" or "We understand", so as to suggest the person posting information is in-the-know, greatly irritates me. It's not so much when that person is providing information ahead of it happening in reality, it's more so to do with the fact when the information has already been on the public domain and confirmed by an official source ahead of these posts being made...
The same people seem to say that they are in possession of 'lists' with information. Most of the time, these 'lists' are in the public domain as they have already been confirmed by an official source...

Can anyone tell me why people actually do this? If it really is so that they sound like they're well informed, or have good relationships with employees of the company concerned, they really need to have a word with themselves... Wake up and smell the coffee, sunshine, and jump off your high horse.
Dan
26 Sep 2014, 4:26 pm #421

(26 Sep 2014, 10:45 am)AdamY It's also covered by the Data Protection Act (providing said footage is not being used by the police in a criminal investigation) although you might have to pay costs £10 to obtain the film.

It must also be supplied within 40 days of the request.

https://www.gov.uk/request-cctv-footage-of-yourself

Most CCTV on-board buses has other people in it; as such, CCTV footage is very rarely distributed to people who may request it.

Thought about whether to post this or not, but as, strictly speaking, it doesn't break the original rule I set out on the OP of this thread, I'll go for it...
I've said it before and I'll say it again, but the phrase, "I understand" or "We understand", so as to suggest the person posting information is in-the-know, greatly irritates me. It's not so much when that person is providing information ahead of it happening in reality, it's more so to do with the fact when the information has already been on the public domain and confirmed by an official source ahead of these posts being made...
The same people seem to say that they are in possession of 'lists' with information. Most of the time, these 'lists' are in the public domain as they have already been confirmed by an official source...

Can anyone tell me why people actually do this? If it really is so that they sound like they're well informed, or have good relationships with employees of the company concerned, they really need to have a word with themselves... Wake up and smell the coffee, sunshine, and jump off your high horse.

26 Sep 2014, 7:31 pm #422
Pissed off because I won't be able to photograph the steam charter that was passing through Chester tomorrow, because of some steam ban in the north east (WTF???)
R852 PRG
26 Sep 2014, 7:31 pm #422

Pissed off because I won't be able to photograph the steam charter that was passing through Chester tomorrow, because of some steam ban in the north east (WTF???)

Adrian

26 Sep 2014, 8:49 pm #423
(26 Sep 2014, 7:31 pm)Marcus Pissed off because I won't be able to photograph the steam charter that was passing through Chester tomorrow, because of some steam ban in the north east (WTF???)
Thought you had Edinburgh tickets booked for tomorrow?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
26 Sep 2014, 8:49 pm #423

(26 Sep 2014, 7:31 pm)Marcus Pissed off because I won't be able to photograph the steam charter that was passing through Chester tomorrow, because of some steam ban in the north east (WTF???)
Thought you had Edinburgh tickets booked for tomorrow?

26 Sep 2014, 9:05 pm #424
(26 Sep 2014, 8:49 pm)aureolin Thought you had Edinburgh tickets booked for tomorrow?

I was intending to go with Tom, but when he found out he couldn't go I cancelled them.
R852 PRG
26 Sep 2014, 9:05 pm #424

(26 Sep 2014, 8:49 pm)aureolin Thought you had Edinburgh tickets booked for tomorrow?

I was intending to go with Tom, but when he found out he couldn't go I cancelled them.

Adrian

26 Sep 2014, 9:06 pm #425
Late buses. I've wasted a total of about 3 hours today, waiting round for buses that aren't coming, and missing connections. This evening alone, I've put up with a total of 63 minutes lateness, between four buses, and two companies. Number of apologies? zero.

(26 Sep 2014, 4:26 pm)Dan Most CCTV on-board buses has other people in it; as such, CCTV footage is very rarely distributed to people who may request it.

It'd be the drivers view or exterior CCTV in Adam's case, and any company would struggle to find a reason to refuse to release that, with it being recorded in a public place too.

Of course it would ultimately be up to the information commissioner should the company refuse.

(26 Sep 2014, 4:26 pm)Dan Thought about whether to post this or not, but as, strictly speaking, it doesn't break the original rule I set out on the OP of this thread, I'll go for it...

I don't know, but it often puzzles me just as much why people care so much. I find that you get just as much of it anywhere else. Football and the workplace being a prime example. I've lost count the number of times things have apparently been agreed in meetings I've been in, when in reality, they couldn't be further from the truth.

If people are too gullible to spot the difference between fiction and reality, I've got nee sympathy. Let them get on with it, and earn themselves reputations as compulsive liars.

Adrian
26 Sep 2014, 9:06 pm #425

Late buses. I've wasted a total of about 3 hours today, waiting round for buses that aren't coming, and missing connections. This evening alone, I've put up with a total of 63 minutes lateness, between four buses, and two companies. Number of apologies? zero.

(26 Sep 2014, 4:26 pm)Dan Most CCTV on-board buses has other people in it; as such, CCTV footage is very rarely distributed to people who may request it.

It'd be the drivers view or exterior CCTV in Adam's case, and any company would struggle to find a reason to refuse to release that, with it being recorded in a public place too.

Of course it would ultimately be up to the information commissioner should the company refuse.

(26 Sep 2014, 4:26 pm)Dan Thought about whether to post this or not, but as, strictly speaking, it doesn't break the original rule I set out on the OP of this thread, I'll go for it...

I don't know, but it often puzzles me just as much why people care so much. I find that you get just as much of it anywhere else. Football and the workplace being a prime example. I've lost count the number of times things have apparently been agreed in meetings I've been in, when in reality, they couldn't be further from the truth.

If people are too gullible to spot the difference between fiction and reality, I've got nee sympathy. Let them get on with it, and earn themselves reputations as compulsive liars.

Andreos1

27 Sep 2014, 12:13 am #426
^ and brown nosers

My grievance for today (sorry Adam), is freshers. The town is crawling with them and a lot of them are a mess - including Sideshow Bob. No idea if he is at Northumbria or Newcastle.

(did try and add a photo, but it wont let me - hang tight)

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
27 Sep 2014, 12:13 am #426

^ and brown nosers

My grievance for today (sorry Adam), is freshers. The town is crawling with them and a lot of them are a mess - including Sideshow Bob. No idea if he is at Northumbria or Newcastle.

Jimmi

27 Sep 2014, 6:47 am #427
I've got up this morning and I feel like someone has beat the crap out of me while I was asleep and I've got a chesty cough and a blocked nose. This is going to be a long day.
Jimmi
27 Sep 2014, 6:47 am #427

I've got up this morning and I feel like someone has beat the crap out of me while I was asleep and I've got a chesty cough and a blocked nose. This is going to be a long day.

Andreos1

27 Sep 2014, 7:01 am #428
.jpg
WP_20140927_01_02_34_Pro.jpg
Size 2.86 MB / Downloads 16

Sideshow Bob passed out in a bus stop.

It would have been a sleepy commuter, but the buses had all stopped.

Andreos1
27 Sep 2014, 7:01 am #428

.jpg
WP_20140927_01_02_34_Pro.jpg
Size 2.86 MB / Downloads 16

Sideshow Bob passed out in a bus stop.

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Sep 2014, 7:18 am #429
(27 Sep 2014, 7:01 am)Andreos1 Sideshow Bob passed out in a bus stop.

Hahaha!

Mind, I note the out of date timetable format.
#keepupnexus
#hashtagsonNEB
Dan
27 Sep 2014, 7:18 am #429

Hahaha!

Mind, I note the out of date timetable format.
#keepupnexus
#hashtagsonNEB

Andreos1

27 Sep 2014, 7:21 am #430
You will note the roadworks behind too Wink
Its been not in use for a good while that stop (outside central station).

Andreos1
27 Sep 2014, 7:21 am #430

You will note the roadworks behind too Wink

Adrian

27 Sep 2014, 7:28 am #431
(27 Sep 2014, 12:13 am)Andreos1 ^ and brown nosers

Loads in Durham too, but they're usually nee bother. Seems to be an influx of stunning lasses going down to the sports centre towards Shincliffe on an evening though. Not that I'm complaining!!

Adrian
27 Sep 2014, 7:28 am #431

Loads in Durham too, but they're usually nee bother. Seems to be an influx of stunning lasses going down to the sports centre towards Shincliffe on an evening though. Not that I'm complaining!!

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Sep 2014, 7:29 am #432
(27 Sep 2014, 7:21 am)Andreos1 You will note the roadworks behind too Wink
Ahhh...will let them off then...just this once! Wink
Dan
27 Sep 2014, 7:29 am #432

(27 Sep 2014, 7:21 am)Andreos1 You will note the roadworks behind too Wink
Ahhh...will let them off then...just this once! Wink

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

27 Sep 2014, 7:46 am #433
(27 Sep 2014, 7:28 am)aureolin Loads in Durham too, but they're usually nee bother. Seems to be an influx of stunning lasses going down to the sports centre towards Shincliffe on an evening though. Not that I'm complaining!!

The female students in Durham are dirty too, I remember one particular night in Durham, Sunderland had just won the First Division(Championship for you young'uns), she supported Barnsley, we had just beat them iirc...That was a good night, we nearly fell in the river near the racecourse
MrFozz
27 Sep 2014, 7:46 am #433

(27 Sep 2014, 7:28 am)aureolin Loads in Durham too, but they're usually nee bother. Seems to be an influx of stunning lasses going down to the sports centre towards Shincliffe on an evening though. Not that I'm complaining!!

The female students in Durham are dirty too, I remember one particular night in Durham, Sunderland had just won the First Division(Championship for you young'uns), she supported Barnsley, we had just beat them iirc...That was a good night, we nearly fell in the river near the racecourse

Michael

27 Sep 2014, 9:08 am #434

haha, it looks like hes pissed himself 
Edited 27 Sep 2014, 9:08 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
27 Sep 2014, 9:08 am #434

haha, it looks like hes pissed himself 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jimmi

27 Sep 2014, 10:47 am #435
Decided to stay in and go back to bed than go out, typical after I went back to bed I now feel fine and everyone else will be at Middlesbrough having Yates for lunch and the only things I have to eat in the house is: 1 Bourbon, cream crackers and some Jaffa Cakes.
Jimmi
27 Sep 2014, 10:47 am #435

Decided to stay in and go back to bed than go out, typical after I went back to bed I now feel fine and everyone else will be at Middlesbrough having Yates for lunch and the only things I have to eat in the house is: 1 Bourbon, cream crackers and some Jaffa Cakes.

Andreos1

27 Sep 2014, 11:54 am #436
I'd prefer the Bourbon, cream cracker and Jaffa cakes to Yates's food!

Andreos1
27 Sep 2014, 11:54 am #436

I'd prefer the Bourbon, cream cracker and Jaffa cakes to Yates's food!

Adam

27 Sep 2014, 10:35 pm #437

It's such a shame that a small minority can let the whole side down. Most of us were alright. I'm afraid I answer the question as to which uni he goes to. This week has been Newcastle's freshers but also Northumbria's returners week, so he could belong.to either or.

I'll have to look out for him around campus next week Tongue
Adam
27 Sep 2014, 10:35 pm #437

It's such a shame that a small minority can let the whole side down. Most of us were alright. I'm afraid I answer the question as to which uni he goes to. This week has been Newcastle's freshers but also Northumbria's returners week, so he could belong.to either or.

27 Sep 2014, 10:36 pm #438
(27 Sep 2014, 10:35 pm)Adam It's such a shame that a small minority can let the whole side down. Most of us were alright. I'm afraid I answer the question as to which uni he goes to. This week has been Newcastle's freshers but also Northumbria's returners week, so he could belong.to either or.

I guess one bad apple always manages to spoil it for the rest, then?
R852 PRG
27 Sep 2014, 10:36 pm #438

(27 Sep 2014, 10:35 pm)Adam It's such a shame that a small minority can let the whole side down. Most of us were alright. I'm afraid I answer the question as to which uni he goes to. This week has been Newcastle's freshers but also Northumbria's returners week, so he could belong.to either or.

I guess one bad apple always manages to spoil it for the rest, then?

Adam

27 Sep 2014, 10:40 pm #439
(27 Sep 2014, 10:36 pm)Marcus I guess one bad apple always manages to spoil it for the rest, then?

yes... well, I'd like to think so Undecided
Edited 27 Sep 2014, 10:41 pm by Adam.
Adam
27 Sep 2014, 10:40 pm #439

(27 Sep 2014, 10:36 pm)Marcus I guess one bad apple always manages to spoil it for the rest, then?

yes... well, I'd like to think so Undecided

28 Sep 2014, 1:18 pm #440
So, me and my dad get the train from Durham to Newcastle and back. There, we board 91124 at 10:46, no problems.

We do our shopping.

We board the TransPennine service back, and cannot find seats 29 & 30 in Coach B. The guard is very nice about it and tells us it's fine to sit in 27 & 28. We thank him and sit down. A few moments later, this mother and child comes up to us and tells us to move because we are in her seats.

We kindly do so, but have to endure 20 mins (we departed late) of standing before we get to Durham. Where the fuck were 29 & 30?!
R852 PRG
28 Sep 2014, 1:18 pm #440

So, me and my dad get the train from Durham to Newcastle and back. There, we board 91124 at 10:46, no problems.

We do our shopping.

We board the TransPennine service back, and cannot find seats 29 & 30 in Coach B. The guard is very nice about it and tells us it's fine to sit in 27 & 28. We thank him and sit down. A few moments later, this mother and child comes up to us and tells us to move because we are in her seats.

We kindly do so, but have to endure 20 mins (we departed late) of standing before we get to Durham. Where the fuck were 29 & 30?!

Pages (135) Previous 121 22 23135 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average