Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (135) Previous 164 65 66135 Next
Dan

Site Administrator

29 Dec 2014, 1:53 pm #1,281
(29 Dec 2014, 1:48 pm)ArrivaNE_7522 Ashington had no bus service on Boxing Day.

Arriva : all buses in depot
Go North East : couldn't be arsed to run the 19
Phoenix : all the buses were providing services around Newcastle

Couldn't be arsed?
They're not going to run service 19 when more profitable services aren't even running... 
Dan
29 Dec 2014, 1:53 pm #1,281

(29 Dec 2014, 1:48 pm)ArrivaNE_7522 Ashington had no bus service on Boxing Day.

Arriva : all buses in depot
Go North East : couldn't be arsed to run the 19
Phoenix : all the buses were providing services around Newcastle

Couldn't be arsed?
They're not going to run service 19 when more profitable services aren't even running... 

Tommy1581

29 Dec 2014, 1:56 pm #1,282
They would of got 90p off me if they ran it.
Tommy1581
29 Dec 2014, 1:56 pm #1,282

They would of got 90p off me if they ran it.

Dan

Site Administrator

29 Dec 2014, 1:58 pm #1,283
(29 Dec 2014, 1:56 pm)ArrivaNE_7522 They would of got 90p off me if they ran it.

I'm afraid your 90p isn't going to contribute a great deal to the running costs of the service...

It's hardly a massively profitable route to begin with, when drivers are on normal wages, never mind £18 - £19 an hour...
Dan
29 Dec 2014, 1:58 pm #1,283

(29 Dec 2014, 1:56 pm)ArrivaNE_7522 They would of got 90p off me if they ran it.

I'm afraid your 90p isn't going to contribute a great deal to the running costs of the service...

It's hardly a massively profitable route to begin with, when drivers are on normal wages, never mind £18 - £19 an hour...

Tommy1581

29 Dec 2014, 2:01 pm #1,284
Aye, I noticed that. The 19 normally enters Ashington with about 5 ENCTS pass holders and a couple of fare-paying passengers. When it goes along Milburn Road it normally picks up pass holders going into Ashington. Most of the time it leaves Ashington empty.
Tommy1581
29 Dec 2014, 2:01 pm #1,284

Aye, I noticed that. The 19 normally enters Ashington with about 5 ENCTS pass holders and a couple of fare-paying passengers. When it goes along Milburn Road it normally picks up pass holders going into Ashington. Most of the time it leaves Ashington empty.

Dan

Site Administrator

29 Dec 2014, 2:02 pm #1,285
(29 Dec 2014, 2:01 pm)ArrivaNE_7522 Aye, I noticed that. The 19 normally enters Ashington with about 5 ENCTS pass holders and a couple of fare-paying passengers. When it goes along Milburn Road it normally picks up pass holders going into Ashington. Most of the time it leaves Ashington empty.

Exactly... Goes without saying that it's not going to operate on Boxing Day when the running costs are considerably higher!

Arriva, as I have expressed in the past elsewhere on the forum, have no excuse for not running a limited skeleton service on their most profitable routes, like Go North East do in other parts of the region.
Dan
29 Dec 2014, 2:02 pm #1,285

(29 Dec 2014, 2:01 pm)ArrivaNE_7522 Aye, I noticed that. The 19 normally enters Ashington with about 5 ENCTS pass holders and a couple of fare-paying passengers. When it goes along Milburn Road it normally picks up pass holders going into Ashington. Most of the time it leaves Ashington empty.

Exactly... Goes without saying that it's not going to operate on Boxing Day when the running costs are considerably higher!

Arriva, as I have expressed in the past elsewhere on the forum, have no excuse for not running a limited skeleton service on their most profitable routes, like Go North East do in other parts of the region.

29 Dec 2014, 2:14 pm #1,286
Why the neighbours feel the need it's okay to sprawl a van that they have hired to do a job for them - across our three-car drive?!

What's the point in hiring a guy to do a job for you if you can't accommodate him? Don't let him park on my drive - it's fucking rude! And, also, don't just let him put his equipment all over our drive when he can do it easily on yours! You scruffy tramps, you shouldn't even be living in the house you're in!!

And, finally, don't take the mick by having a cuppa and chatting away on our drive when it's quite clear I'm sitting in the living room reading a book and watching you!!!

It's trespassing. It's illegal.
R852 PRG
29 Dec 2014, 2:14 pm #1,286

Why the neighbours feel the need it's okay to sprawl a van that they have hired to do a job for them - across our three-car drive?!

What's the point in hiring a guy to do a job for you if you can't accommodate him? Don't let him park on my drive - it's fucking rude! And, also, don't just let him put his equipment all over our drive when he can do it easily on yours! You scruffy tramps, you shouldn't even be living in the house you're in!!

And, finally, don't take the mick by having a cuppa and chatting away on our drive when it's quite clear I'm sitting in the living room reading a book and watching you!!!

Andreos1

29 Dec 2014, 2:20 pm #1,287
@murdnunoC

Just curious - have you missed the plural off videos, or is it the series from the 80's that The Baldy Man and Rab C Nesbitt came from?

Used to enjoy that and The Real McCoy back in the day.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
29 Dec 2014, 2:20 pm #1,287

@murdnunoC

Just curious - have you missed the plural off videos, or is it the series from the 80's that The Baldy Man and Rab C Nesbitt came from?

Tommy1581

29 Dec 2014, 2:43 pm #1,288
The need that people need to sell water damaged bus tickets on EBay. Sounds like they've just picked it up off the floor.
Tommy1581
29 Dec 2014, 2:43 pm #1,288

The need that people need to sell water damaged bus tickets on EBay. Sounds like they've just picked it up off the floor.

Jimmi

29 Dec 2014, 2:48 pm #1,289
(29 Dec 2014, 2:14 pm)MarcTheA4 Why the neighbours feel the need it's okay to sprawl a van that they have hired to do a job for them - across our three-car drive?!

Sounds like my street, today there is so many cars round my street with one parked on the footpath meaning I had to walk on an uneven icy road and inch high private eye (we call him that because he's short and does something to do with security and he's a prick) was as ever parked on the footpath which meant I had to walk through the mud AGAIN! Might start using my camera to send pictures to the council who will do nothing.
Jimmi
29 Dec 2014, 2:48 pm #1,289

(29 Dec 2014, 2:14 pm)MarcTheA4 Why the neighbours feel the need it's okay to sprawl a van that they have hired to do a job for them - across our three-car drive?!

Sounds like my street, today there is so many cars round my street with one parked on the footpath meaning I had to walk on an uneven icy road and inch high private eye (we call him that because he's short and does something to do with security and he's a prick) was as ever parked on the footpath which meant I had to walk through the mud AGAIN! Might start using my camera to send pictures to the council who will do nothing.

MurdnunoC

29 Dec 2014, 2:54 pm #1,290
(29 Dec 2014, 2:20 pm)Andreos1 @murdnunoC

No plural missed, it was the series which spawned Rab C. Nesbitt and The Baldy Man.

Some of it comes across as quite dated now, but I still find it amusing to watch.

I always loved the Thatcher-ending.
MurdnunoC
29 Dec 2014, 2:54 pm #1,290

(29 Dec 2014, 2:20 pm)Andreos1 @murdnunoC

No plural missed, it was the series which spawned Rab C. Nesbitt and The Baldy Man.

Some of it comes across as quite dated now, but I still find it amusing to watch.

I always loved the Thatcher-ending.

Jimmi

30 Dec 2014, 11:05 am #1,291
The shutter that covers the lense on my camera is not wanting to open so every time I have to turn it back on again I have to jam it open with my fingernails which means I'm getting finger marks on the lense.

Only had it five months too.
Jimmi
30 Dec 2014, 11:05 am #1,291

The shutter that covers the lense on my camera is not wanting to open so every time I have to turn it back on again I have to jam it open with my fingernails which means I'm getting finger marks on the lense.

Adrian

30 Dec 2014, 3:10 pm #1,292
(30 Dec 2014, 11:05 am)Jimmi The shutter that covers the lense on my camera is not wanting to open so every time I have to turn it back on again I have to jam it open with my fingernails which means I'm getting finger marks on the lense.

Will be under warranty still then. I'd contact the manufacturer's support asap.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
30 Dec 2014, 3:10 pm #1,292

(30 Dec 2014, 11:05 am)Jimmi The shutter that covers the lense on my camera is not wanting to open so every time I have to turn it back on again I have to jam it open with my fingernails which means I'm getting finger marks on the lense.

Will be under warranty still then. I'd contact the manufacturer's support asap.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

30 Dec 2014, 7:47 pm #1,293
(29 Dec 2014, 1:58 pm)Dan I'm afraid your 90p isn't going to contribute a great deal to the running costs of the service...

You do know 90p goes a long way...

2s 6d to fill the tank 3 bob an day for the driver and half a crown for general maintenence...

On top of that the whole depot can get a fish supper and still have change from 90p Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Those profit margins can be smaller if going through Fencehouses, a bribe of 20 Lambert and Butler and some tac at the Border Control at Chilton Moor, suddenly your 90p becomes close to nothing
Edited 30 Dec 2014, 7:54 pm by MrFozz.
MrFozz
30 Dec 2014, 7:47 pm #1,293

(29 Dec 2014, 1:58 pm)Dan I'm afraid your 90p isn't going to contribute a great deal to the running costs of the service...

You do know 90p goes a long way...

2s 6d to fill the tank 3 bob an day for the driver and half a crown for general maintenence...

On top of that the whole depot can get a fish supper and still have change from 90p Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Those profit margins can be smaller if going through Fencehouses, a bribe of 20 Lambert and Butler and some tac at the Border Control at Chilton Moor, suddenly your 90p becomes close to nothing

Jimmi

30 Dec 2014, 8:42 pm #1,294
(30 Dec 2014, 3:10 pm)aureolin Will be under warranty still then. I'd contact the manufacturer's support asap.

It doesn't seem as bad now but I will be keeping an eye on it, if it continues I will probably have to get it seen to.

The built quality doesn't seem very good on it, after about two months the cover for the USB lead broke and won't close which is worrying when it is raining in fact when I went to the Stagecoach on Teesside - The Zone launch it was tossing it down all morning so I ended up taping it up to keep the rain out (thankfully it stopped before I got there).

It's a Sony camera and I paid £100 for it in Argo's so I should probably expect things like this to happen (it was in the end of catalogue sale, but still).

Today has just been one of those days where every little thing winds me up and things kept going wrong:

Got really infuriated in Poundworld because some people just got in the way then when I finally got my three tins of Cherry Coke I got £9 back in change from a tenner in £1 coins, just flaming got rid of a load of pound coins too and this always seems to happen to me.

Then I somehow managed to drop the cans on the road and badly dented them, thankfully no leaks.

Walking back to MetroCentre Bus Station from where Krispy Kreme is for photos someone nearly run me over on a zebra crossing (again) when I was walking through the car park.

Then I had to try my hardest to resist punching some tosser who was spinning a ball in his finger and nearly elbowed me in the face several times when it stopped spinning despite me being some distance behind him.

Yeah, so it has not been the best of days for me today.
Jimmi
30 Dec 2014, 8:42 pm #1,294

(30 Dec 2014, 3:10 pm)aureolin Will be under warranty still then. I'd contact the manufacturer's support asap.

It doesn't seem as bad now but I will be keeping an eye on it, if it continues I will probably have to get it seen to.

The built quality doesn't seem very good on it, after about two months the cover for the USB lead broke and won't close which is worrying when it is raining in fact when I went to the Stagecoach on Teesside - The Zone launch it was tossing it down all morning so I ended up taping it up to keep the rain out (thankfully it stopped before I got there).

It's a Sony camera and I paid £100 for it in Argo's so I should probably expect things like this to happen (it was in the end of catalogue sale, but still).

Today has just been one of those days where every little thing winds me up and things kept going wrong:

Got really infuriated in Poundworld because some people just got in the way then when I finally got my three tins of Cherry Coke I got £9 back in change from a tenner in £1 coins, just flaming got rid of a load of pound coins too and this always seems to happen to me.

Then I somehow managed to drop the cans on the road and badly dented them, thankfully no leaks.

Walking back to MetroCentre Bus Station from where Krispy Kreme is for photos someone nearly run me over on a zebra crossing (again) when I was walking through the car park.

Then I had to try my hardest to resist punching some tosser who was spinning a ball in his finger and nearly elbowed me in the face several times when it stopped spinning despite me being some distance behind him.

Yeah, so it has not been the best of days for me today.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

31 Dec 2014, 11:39 am #1,295
Having a crisis, I think I found my first grey hairs Sad
MrFozz
31 Dec 2014, 11:39 am #1,295

Having a crisis, I think I found my first grey hairs Sad

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Dec 2014, 11:43 am #1,296
(31 Dec 2014, 11:39 am)MrFozz Having a crisis, I think I found my first grey hairs Sad

I started getting greys last year whilst sitting my GCSE exams, haha!
Dan
31 Dec 2014, 11:43 am #1,296

(31 Dec 2014, 11:39 am)MrFozz Having a crisis, I think I found my first grey hairs Sad

I started getting greys last year whilst sitting my GCSE exams, haha!

Adrian

31 Dec 2014, 1:35 pm #1,297
OAPs that think the world owe them a favour. Seems to have been one of those days for me today, where they've insisted on irritating me or getting in my way.

First of all on the 2A this morning. Old wife trying to tear a strip off the driver for being late, and simply would not be told that it was running to a Saturday timetable. The driver pretty much flipped after a couple mins or arguing, went and got a timetable, and put it in her face. She continued to argue when sat down and he was in his cab, and they were still bickering by the time I got off on Chester Road. Unbelievable.

Second is an old bloke at Heworth, who thinks I'm giving him grief, cause I told him to get out the bus shelters with his cigarette. He did eventually, but wanted to argue the toss first, and felt that I was being 'disrespectful'. In hindsight, I should have whipped my camera out, and Nexus would have been over in a shot.

And last but not least, the two old women who decided they want to play musical chairs at a snails pace, but meanwhile, the driver wanted to be away before I could get past them. I'm sure they think they'll get a nosebleed if they get more than 3 rows of seats back.

Adrian
31 Dec 2014, 1:35 pm #1,297

OAPs that think the world owe them a favour. Seems to have been one of those days for me today, where they've insisted on irritating me or getting in my way.

First of all on the 2A this morning. Old wife trying to tear a strip off the driver for being late, and simply would not be told that it was running to a Saturday timetable. The driver pretty much flipped after a couple mins or arguing, went and got a timetable, and put it in her face. She continued to argue when sat down and he was in his cab, and they were still bickering by the time I got off on Chester Road. Unbelievable.

Second is an old bloke at Heworth, who thinks I'm giving him grief, cause I told him to get out the bus shelters with his cigarette. He did eventually, but wanted to argue the toss first, and felt that I was being 'disrespectful'. In hindsight, I should have whipped my camera out, and Nexus would have been over in a shot.

And last but not least, the two old women who decided they want to play musical chairs at a snails pace, but meanwhile, the driver wanted to be away before I could get past them. I'm sure they think they'll get a nosebleed if they get more than 3 rows of seats back.

Jimmi

31 Dec 2014, 1:52 pm #1,298
(31 Dec 2014, 1:35 pm)aureolin OAPs that think the world owe them a favour. Seems to have been one of those days for me today, where they've insisted on irritating me or getting in my way.

Isn't smoking in ALL bus shelters illegal these days, I've seen no smoking signs in places like Ferryhill and on my local bus stop, yet there is always people still do it I had to stand outside the shelter in Ferryhill the other day and they kept giving me evil looks.

I know what you mean about them playing musical chairs, I nearly went flying the other day as I couldn't get set down and the driver pulled away from the stop. Also I was having difficulties getting upstairs on 3825 yesterday as some kid was stood on the stairs and their was few seats downstairs so I had to go up, he did get out of the way but it meant less time for me to get up the stairs as I was the last one to get on and then my bag got caught on the handrail getting up the stairs.
Jimmi
31 Dec 2014, 1:52 pm #1,298

(31 Dec 2014, 1:35 pm)aureolin OAPs that think the world owe them a favour. Seems to have been one of those days for me today, where they've insisted on irritating me or getting in my way.

Isn't smoking in ALL bus shelters illegal these days, I've seen no smoking signs in places like Ferryhill and on my local bus stop, yet there is always people still do it I had to stand outside the shelter in Ferryhill the other day and they kept giving me evil looks.

I know what you mean about them playing musical chairs, I nearly went flying the other day as I couldn't get set down and the driver pulled away from the stop. Also I was having difficulties getting upstairs on 3825 yesterday as some kid was stood on the stairs and their was few seats downstairs so I had to go up, he did get out of the way but it meant less time for me to get up the stairs as I was the last one to get on and then my bag got caught on the handrail getting up the stairs.

Adrian

31 Dec 2014, 2:34 pm #1,299
(31 Dec 2014, 1:52 pm)Jimmi Isn't smoking in ALL bus shelters illegal these days, I've seen no smoking signs in places like Ferryhill and on my local bus stop, yet there is always people still do it  I had to stand outside the shelter in Ferryhill the other day and they kept giving me evil looks.

Yup. Any enclosed space. I ain't going to stand outside in the breeze, just because someone is ignorant enough to smoke inside the shelter. Smile

Adrian
31 Dec 2014, 2:34 pm #1,299

(31 Dec 2014, 1:52 pm)Jimmi Isn't smoking in ALL bus shelters illegal these days, I've seen no smoking signs in places like Ferryhill and on my local bus stop, yet there is always people still do it  I had to stand outside the shelter in Ferryhill the other day and they kept giving me evil looks.

Yup. Any enclosed space. I ain't going to stand outside in the breeze, just because someone is ignorant enough to smoke inside the shelter. Smile

Andreos1

31 Dec 2014, 2:36 pm #1,300
One day it will be you aureolin. Looks like Fozz is already on his way with that grey hair of his!

Mind, had one yesterday - she pushed in between two friends at a bus stop.
The first friend got on and sat down near the front.
The OAP, decided to sit next to her - despite other seats being available.
The two friends had to talk over/around the OAP for the duration of the trip.

Andreos1
31 Dec 2014, 2:36 pm #1,300

One day it will be you aureolin. Looks like Fozz is already on his way with that grey hair of his!

Mind, had one yesterday - she pushed in between two friends at a bus stop.
The first friend got on and sat down near the front.
The OAP, decided to sit next to her - despite other seats being available.
The two friends had to talk over/around the OAP for the duration of the trip.

Pages (135) Previous 164 65 66135 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average