Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Wrestling

Wrestling

Wrestling

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (43) Previous 124 25 2643 Next
Malarkey

02 Feb 2015, 1:04 pm #481
(01 Feb 2015, 9:56 pm)aureolin I think I'll subscribe for Feb then, seeing as there's a PS4 app for it.
I using my Xbox 360, you have register via wwe.com first though aureolin, any having watched ECW One Night Stand 2006 last night, Match of the PPV had to be Edge/Mick Foley vs Dreamer/Funk.

I would recommend watching the Steve Austin Podcast with HHH which airs straight after RAW Tonight, as the one with Vince before Christmas was brilliant I thought.

Debating what other PPVs to watch in the coming weeks, here is my little list so far, any recommendations.

WWE Survivor Series 2001 - WWE vs WCW/ECW Winner Takes All
ECW One Night Stand 2005 - Fancy getting a bit more Extreme
WWE Backlash 2003 - Just so I can watch The Rock vs Goldberg
WWE Insurrextion 2000 and 2001 - More so 2000 as it was at the Metro Radio Arena
WCW Spring Stampede 1999 - This PPV is Number 1 on the Bleachers Report WCW PPVs to watch on the WWE Network, and from looking at the Matches it doesnt look like a bad PPV.
Malarkey
02 Feb 2015, 1:04 pm #481

(01 Feb 2015, 9:56 pm)aureolin I think I'll subscribe for Feb then, seeing as there's a PS4 app for it.
I using my Xbox 360, you have register via wwe.com first though aureolin, any having watched ECW One Night Stand 2006 last night, Match of the PPV had to be Edge/Mick Foley vs Dreamer/Funk.

I would recommend watching the Steve Austin Podcast with HHH which airs straight after RAW Tonight, as the one with Vince before Christmas was brilliant I thought.

Debating what other PPVs to watch in the coming weeks, here is my little list so far, any recommendations.

WWE Insurrextion 2000 and 2001 - More so 2000 as it was at the Metro Radio Arena
WCW Spring Stampede 1999 - This PPV is Number 1 on the Bleachers Report WCW PPVs to watch on the WWE Network, and from looking at the Matches it doesnt look like a bad PPV.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

02 Feb 2015, 1:33 pm #482
(02 Feb 2015, 1:04 pm)Malarkey I using my Xbox 360, you have register via wwe.com first though aureolin, any having watched ECW One Night Stand 2006 last night, Match of the PPV had to be Edge/Mick Foley vs Dreamer/Funk.

2003 at Newcastle according to wikipedia

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_Insurrextion#2003

Insurrextion 2000 was great, my idol returned to defeat Crash Holly for the hardcore title Big Grin

I am making my way through the beyond the ring series...The Wrestler documentaries and about to start watching the Monday Night War Series
Edited 02 Feb 2015, 1:34 pm by MrFozz.
MrFozz
02 Feb 2015, 1:33 pm #482

(02 Feb 2015, 1:04 pm)Malarkey I using my Xbox 360, you have register via wwe.com first though aureolin, any having watched ECW One Night Stand 2006 last night, Match of the PPV had to be Edge/Mick Foley vs Dreamer/Funk.

2003 at Newcastle according to wikipedia

Insurrextion 2000 was great, my idol returned to defeat Crash Holly for the hardcore title Big Grin

I am making my way through the beyond the ring series...The Wrestler documentaries and about to start watching the Monday Night War Series

Malarkey

02 Feb 2015, 1:39 pm #483
(02 Feb 2015, 1:33 pm)MrFozz 2003 at Newcastle according to wikipedia

I thats the one, either way ill watch all of them
Malarkey
02 Feb 2015, 1:39 pm #483

(02 Feb 2015, 1:33 pm)MrFozz 2003 at Newcastle according to wikipedia

I thats the one, either way ill watch all of them

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

02 Feb 2015, 1:41 pm #484
(02 Feb 2015, 1:39 pm)Malarkey I thats the one, either way ill watch all of them
Why did WWE stop producing PPVs over here, was it to do live Raw/Smackdown shows instead
MrFozz
02 Feb 2015, 1:41 pm #484

(02 Feb 2015, 1:39 pm)Malarkey I thats the one, either way ill watch all of them
Why did WWE stop producing PPVs over here, was it to do live Raw/Smackdown shows instead

Malarkey

02 Feb 2015, 1:51 pm #485
(02 Feb 2015, 1:41 pm)MrFozz Why did WWE stop producing PPVs over here, was it to do live Raw/Smackdown shows instead
No idea why Fozz but I would suspect that WWE saw more Money through doing several live shows at various venues than they did a PPV over here, plus it allows more Fans to attend the Live Shows in there Local Area. 
Malarkey
02 Feb 2015, 1:51 pm #485

(02 Feb 2015, 1:41 pm)MrFozz Why did WWE stop producing PPVs over here, was it to do live Raw/Smackdown shows instead
No idea why Fozz but I would suspect that WWE saw more Money through doing several live shows at various venues than they did a PPV over here, plus it allows more Fans to attend the Live Shows in there Local Area. 

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

02 Feb 2015, 2:19 pm #486
(02 Feb 2015, 1:51 pm)Malarkey No idea why Fozz but I would suspect that WWE saw more Money through doing several live shows at various venues than they did a PPV over here, plus it allows more Fans to attend the Live Shows in there Local Area. 
Would I be right in saying after North America, Europe esp. UK and Ireland would be the WWEs biggest source of business
MrFozz
02 Feb 2015, 2:19 pm #486

(02 Feb 2015, 1:51 pm)Malarkey No idea why Fozz but I would suspect that WWE saw more Money through doing several live shows at various venues than they did a PPV over here, plus it allows more Fans to attend the Live Shows in there Local Area. 
Would I be right in saying after North America, Europe esp. UK and Ireland would be the WWEs biggest source of business

Malarkey

02 Feb 2015, 2:27 pm #487
(02 Feb 2015, 2:19 pm)MrFozz Would I be right in saying after North America, Europe esp. UK and Ireland would be the WWEs biggest source of business
I would say so, although there are quite a Number of Superstars in WWE from the UK and Ireland which make us there Biggest source of business outside of America.
Malarkey
02 Feb 2015, 2:27 pm #487

(02 Feb 2015, 2:19 pm)MrFozz Would I be right in saying after North America, Europe esp. UK and Ireland would be the WWEs biggest source of business
I would say so, although there are quite a Number of Superstars in WWE from the UK and Ireland which make us there Biggest source of business outside of America.

Malarkey

02 Feb 2015, 5:39 pm #488
If your interested in watching Chris Benoit vs Eddie Gureurro, watch ECW One Night Stand 2005.
Malarkey
02 Feb 2015, 5:39 pm #488

If your interested in watching Chris Benoit vs Eddie Gureurro, watch ECW One Night Stand 2005.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

02 Feb 2015, 5:57 pm #489
Quick question when did WWE start showing Over The Edge '99 again, I always got the idea WWE put it under lock and key forever for obvious reasons...

As for Benoit, I think most of his PPV matches will be on, I saw bits of his match at Insurrextion 2000...WWE does not make it easy to find, a search on his name yeilds no search results, yet if you search Woman it does show up, I always thought WWE stopped airing Nancy Benoit as well as Chris Benoit...

So here is another question, were WWE right in the first instance to try and airbrush him from history, given that he was involved iń some important matches over the years and was one of the most technically gifted and hardest workers of his generation
Edited 02 Feb 2015, 6:01 pm by MrFozz.
MrFozz
02 Feb 2015, 5:57 pm #489

Quick question when did WWE start showing Over The Edge '99 again, I always got the idea WWE put it under lock and key forever for obvious reasons...

As for Benoit, I think most of his PPV matches will be on, I saw bits of his match at Insurrextion 2000...WWE does not make it easy to find, a search on his name yeilds no search results, yet if you search Woman it does show up, I always thought WWE stopped airing Nancy Benoit as well as Chris Benoit...

So here is another question, were WWE right in the first instance to try and airbrush him from history, given that he was involved iń some important matches over the years and was one of the most technically gifted and hardest workers of his generation

Malarkey

02 Feb 2015, 6:04 pm #490
(01 Feb 2015, 7:58 pm)aureolin Watch 2005 too if it's on there. The Mike Awesome vs Masato Tanaka is quality.
Just watched Awesome vs Tanaka, Match of PPV so far, got 45 Minutes left to watch.
Malarkey
02 Feb 2015, 6:04 pm #490

(01 Feb 2015, 7:58 pm)aureolin Watch 2005 too if it's on there. The Mike Awesome vs Masato Tanaka is quality.
Just watched Awesome vs Tanaka, Match of PPV so far, got 45 Minutes left to watch.

MurdnunoC

02 Feb 2015, 6:13 pm #491
(02 Feb 2015, 6:04 pm)Malarkey Just watched Awesome vs Tanaka, Match of PPV so far, got 45 Minutes left to watch.

As I said earlier, The Sandman's entrance is great as well.
MurdnunoC
02 Feb 2015, 6:13 pm #491

(02 Feb 2015, 6:04 pm)Malarkey Just watched Awesome vs Tanaka, Match of PPV so far, got 45 Minutes left to watch.

As I said earlier, The Sandman's entrance is great as well.

Malarkey

02 Feb 2015, 9:00 pm #492
(02 Feb 2015, 6:13 pm)MurdnunoC As I said earlier, The Sandman's entrance is great as well.
I it was quite good, he did the same at One Night Stand 2006, I was quite disappointed with the ending of One Night Stand 05 as had the Brawl brewing between RAW/Smackdown for a good Hour and a bit, then Austin comes out which was a surprise to me, was expecting a few Stunners for the ECW Wrestlers but it didnt happen, getting back to the Brawl it was utter shit, Only highlights for me were Benoit vs Eddie, Jericho vs Storm and Awesome vs Tanaka. 
Malarkey
02 Feb 2015, 9:00 pm #492

(02 Feb 2015, 6:13 pm)MurdnunoC As I said earlier, The Sandman's entrance is great as well.
I it was quite good, he did the same at One Night Stand 2006, I was quite disappointed with the ending of One Night Stand 05 as had the Brawl brewing between RAW/Smackdown for a good Hour and a bit, then Austin comes out which was a surprise to me, was expecting a few Stunners for the ECW Wrestlers but it didnt happen, getting back to the Brawl it was utter shit, Only highlights for me were Benoit vs Eddie, Jericho vs Storm and Awesome vs Tanaka. 

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

03 Feb 2015, 10:22 am #493
Has anyone seen the Austin Podcast with Trips yet???
MrFozz
03 Feb 2015, 10:22 am #493

Has anyone seen the Austin Podcast with Trips yet???

MurdnunoC

04 Feb 2015, 11:40 am #494
(02 Feb 2015, 9:00 pm)Malarkey I it was quite good, he did the same at One Night Stand 2006, I was quite disappointed with the ending of One Night Stand 05 as had the Brawl brewing between RAW/Smackdown for a good Hour and a bit, then Austin comes out which was a surprise to me, was expecting a few Stunners for the ECW Wrestlers but it didnt happen, getting back to the Brawl it was utter shit, Only highlights for me were Benoit vs Eddie, Jericho vs Storm and Awesome vs Tanaka. 

If you want to watch a non-WWE influenced ECW PPV, then may I suggest Heatwave '98 (available on the Network).

It's widely regarded to be ECW's finest PPV. I enjoyed it watching first time round and it still stands up today.

The card:
Justin Credible vs. Jerry Lynn
Lance Storm vs. Chris Candido
Mike Awesome vs. Masato Tanaka
Sabu and RVD vs. Jinsei Shinzaki & Hayabusa
Taz vs. Bam Bam Bigelow
The Dudleys (Buh Buh Ray, D-Von & Big Dick) vs. Tommy Dreamer, The Sandman & Spike Dudley
MurdnunoC
04 Feb 2015, 11:40 am #494

(02 Feb 2015, 9:00 pm)Malarkey I it was quite good, he did the same at One Night Stand 2006, I was quite disappointed with the ending of One Night Stand 05 as had the Brawl brewing between RAW/Smackdown for a good Hour and a bit, then Austin comes out which was a surprise to me, was expecting a few Stunners for the ECW Wrestlers but it didnt happen, getting back to the Brawl it was utter shit, Only highlights for me were Benoit vs Eddie, Jericho vs Storm and Awesome vs Tanaka. 

If you want to watch a non-WWE influenced ECW PPV, then may I suggest Heatwave '98 (available on the Network).

It's widely regarded to be ECW's finest PPV. I enjoyed it watching first time round and it still stands up today.

The card:
Justin Credible vs. Jerry Lynn
Lance Storm vs. Chris Candido
Mike Awesome vs. Masato Tanaka
Sabu and RVD vs. Jinsei Shinzaki & Hayabusa
Taz vs. Bam Bam Bigelow
The Dudleys (Buh Buh Ray, D-Von & Big Dick) vs. Tommy Dreamer, The Sandman & Spike Dudley

MurdnunoC

04 Feb 2015, 2:06 pm #495
Just realised that the WWE Network version of The Sandman's entrance at ONS 2005 is heavily edited.

Here's the unedited version with the crowd all singing along to The Sandman's ECW Entrance theme: Enter Sandman by Metallica.

Makes it a little more special and interesting.

Edited 04 Feb 2015, 2:08 pm by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
04 Feb 2015, 2:06 pm #495

Just realised that the WWE Network version of The Sandman's entrance at ONS 2005 is heavily edited.

Here's the unedited version with the crowd all singing along to The Sandman's ECW Entrance theme: Enter Sandman by Metallica.

Makes it a little more special and interesting.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

10 Feb 2015, 11:13 am #496
I see Rikishi is the latest Hall of Fame inductee to be announced, to be inducted by The Usos

I will never forget seeing WWE at Newcastle in 2005 Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty were tagging, after they won there match, Rikishi got a bairn in the ring to celebrate with them, he asked the kid to sit in the corner, the kid does so, Rikishi motioned for the Stinkyface...I never seen anyone so horrified in all my life, kid shot out the ring

If that was me, I woukd have sat there and said 'Do you worst big man'
Edited 10 Feb 2015, 11:17 am by MrFozz.
MrFozz
10 Feb 2015, 11:13 am #496

I see Rikishi is the latest Hall of Fame inductee to be announced, to be inducted by The Usos

I will never forget seeing WWE at Newcastle in 2005 Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty were tagging, after they won there match, Rikishi got a bairn in the ring to celebrate with them, he asked the kid to sit in the corner, the kid does so, Rikishi motioned for the Stinkyface...I never seen anyone so horrified in all my life, kid shot out the ring

If that was me, I woukd have sat there and said 'Do you worst big man'

Malarkey

12 Feb 2015, 10:24 pm #497
Would recommend watching NXT Takeover: Rivals, Just sat and watched it myself and was a good PPV.

Highlights for me had be Adrian Neville vs Finn Balor and the Fatal 4 Way for the NXT Womens Championship, if only we had Divas Matches last so long and have good level of competiveness on RAW and Smackdown, Personally loved Balors Entrance, it freaking awesome and the bonus was he was painted up aswell which looked cool, The Match was very good also.

As for the NXT Championship Match, Kevin Owens (Steen) vs Sami Zayn, well it was like watching Lesnar vs Cena from Summerslam last year with a rather Bullshit ending which I still cant get head around, The Referee called for the Match to end after Zayn took 4 Powerbombs in a row and was unable to continue, then the referee awarded Owens the Championship thus making him the Champion, I thought if the Match was ended due to said Wrestler being unable to continue, in this case Zayn then he retains the Championship but Owens is still the Winner, I think even the fans in attendance were quite confused by this, other than that it was an alright match.
Malarkey
12 Feb 2015, 10:24 pm #497

Would recommend watching NXT Takeover: Rivals, Just sat and watched it myself and was a good PPV.

Highlights for me had be Adrian Neville vs Finn Balor and the Fatal 4 Way for the NXT Womens Championship, if only we had Divas Matches last so long and have good level of competiveness on RAW and Smackdown, Personally loved Balors Entrance, it freaking awesome and the bonus was he was painted up aswell which looked cool, The Match was very good also.

As for the NXT Championship Match, Kevin Owens (Steen) vs Sami Zayn, well it was like watching Lesnar vs Cena from Summerslam last year with a rather Bullshit ending which I still cant get head around, The Referee called for the Match to end after Zayn took 4 Powerbombs in a row and was unable to continue, then the referee awarded Owens the Championship thus making him the Champion, I thought if the Match was ended due to said Wrestler being unable to continue, in this case Zayn then he retains the Championship but Owens is still the Winner, I think even the fans in attendance were quite confused by this, other than that it was an alright match.

MurdnunoC

12 Feb 2015, 10:45 pm #498
(12 Feb 2015, 10:24 pm)Malarkey Would recommend watching NXT Takeover: Rivals, Just sat and watched it myself and was a good PPV.

It's incredible that NXT and RAW/Smackdown are produced by the same company. Do you watch NXT TV? If not - you should. 
MurdnunoC
12 Feb 2015, 10:45 pm #498

(12 Feb 2015, 10:24 pm)Malarkey Would recommend watching NXT Takeover: Rivals, Just sat and watched it myself and was a good PPV.

It's incredible that NXT and RAW/Smackdown are produced by the same company. Do you watch NXT TV? If not - you should. 

MurdnunoC

14 Feb 2015, 9:29 am #499
Some wrestling shows are due to take place over the next few weeks.

19/02/15 EPW: Darlington Music Centre, Darlington
22/02/15 EPW: Belle Vue Sports Club, Hartlepool
27/02/15 MEW: Innisfree, Longbenton
28/02/15 RAD:PRO "EmbryoniX 2.9" Chuter Ede Community Association, South Shields
07/03/15 TCW "Spring Storm": The Dolphin Centre, Darlington

Anyone interested in going?

(I can probably provide transport to Hartlepool or Darlo if that's any help!)
Edited 14 Feb 2015, 9:31 am by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
14 Feb 2015, 9:29 am #499

Some wrestling shows are due to take place over the next few weeks.

28/02/15 RAD:PRO "EmbryoniX 2.9" Chuter Ede Community Association, South Shields

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

14 Feb 2015, 10:36 am #500
(14 Feb 2015, 9:29 am)MurdnunoC Some wrestling shows are due to take place over the next few weeks.

28/02/15 RADRO "EmbryoniX 2.9" Chuter Ede Community Association, South Shields

EPW is also in Peterlee on the 6th March...saw a poster in Subway in Peterlee the other day
MrFozz
14 Feb 2015, 10:36 am #500

(14 Feb 2015, 9:29 am)MurdnunoC Some wrestling shows are due to take place over the next few weeks.

28/02/15 RADRO "EmbryoniX 2.9" Chuter Ede Community Association, South Shields

EPW is also in Peterlee on the 6th March...saw a poster in Subway in Peterlee the other day

Pages (43) Previous 124 25 2643 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average