Menu

Pages (159)    174 75 76159   
idiot   07 Mar 2015, 10:55 am
So did u take the photo?!?!
MrFozz   07 Mar 2015, 11:03 am
(07 Mar 2015, 10:55 am)idiot wrote So did u take the photo?!?!
No, lol

I did not have my camera and my blackberry was... shite for pictures [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]
omnicity4659   07 Mar 2015, 12:05 pm
(06 Mar 2015, 7:46 pm)citaro5284 wrote WOW...you must be hitting the dizzy heights of Northumberland are you??

I live in Northumberland, so just make sure you have your passport if coming this way, we do not accept any Tom, Dick or Harry up here you know!

No need to bring your passport, Marcus.

Just some money and sweets to bribe the gate keeper (my brother), possibly some Lego Marvel toys too. Or he will literally bite your head off.  Wink
MrFozz   07 Mar 2015, 12:07 pm
(07 Mar 2015, 12:05 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote No need to bring your passport, Marcus.

Just some money and sweets to bribe the gate keeper (my brother), possibly some Lego Marvel toys too. Or he will literally bite your head offWink

What an awful place, a human being treated like a Jelly Baby or Gingerbread man is shocking
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
R852 PRG   07 Mar 2015, 4:45 pm
Had a fantastic day out with an Explorer today, taking a fair few photos and getting to see the steam charter through the MetroCentre were some personal highlights.

I woke up at 09:00, showered, got ready, etc, and left the house at 09:25. I walked through my housing estate, and made it to my local bus stop on the Chester-le-Street to Sunderland section for 09:34. My 78 would be leaving the bottom of Chester-le-Street at this time, and after waiting a short while, I saw her, a red Volvo B10BLE, approaching..

#78 - Chester-le-Street, Durham County Cricket Ground to Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange - (09:41 --- 10:16) - Go North East 4906 - Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown
Only 1 minute late, no big problem. When I boarded and asked for an Explorer, the driver knew exactly what I was on about (unlike my last Explorer kick-off on a 36!). Took my seat on the relatively empty bus, of which 4906 is a personal favourite, and stook my earphones in. Listened to a variety of songs from 'Break my Stride' by Matthew Wilder to 'Never gonna give you up' by Rick Astley (am I the only one on here who enjoys being RickRolled?). Anyway, I'm drifting off topic, my horse into Sunderland was very tame, and I disembarked in the interchange.

#E6 - Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange to South Shields, Town Centre - (10:22 --- 11:11) - Stagecoach North East 27737 - Dennis Enviro 300/Alexander Enviro
My first ride on one of these 'E' branded Enviros...and I thought it was rather good. Bus left Park Lane with just me and three OAPs on, then we hit Fawcett Street. About a dozen people got on, and the journey soon began to feel a little less enjoyable. The journey was very scenic, some of the views out to sea from Seaburn and the others along the route were most enjoyable, and the bus began to quieten down as we got to South Shields, with only about ten people on at best. What do I make of these E300s you ask? Hmm...seating was a bit stiffening, but aside from that, I felt it was a pretty good vehicle with plenty of oomph and power in it. 

Tyne and Wear Metro - South Shields to Central Station - (11:19 --- 11:43) - Unidentified Metrocars
God, how confusing is South Shields Metro station? I wasn't sure which stairs to take up, and it felt like I was in the middle of Cairo with all the stalls and other random things I walked around. I hopped in the lift, and found my way to the platform. Soooo confusing. But I suppose that's because it's the first time I've ever visited the Metro at South Shields. After faffing on for a bit deciding whether or not I would get told off for just walking through the barriers with my Explorer, and not shown any inspector (remember, I am a very infrequent Metro user) - I went through the barriers and got on the waiting Metro. A quiet journey up until Pelaw, when people started to crowd on and standees began forming. Not bad, but I forgot to get the Metrocar numbers...

I disembarked at Central Station, and made my way up to the platforms. I stood at the top platform edges taking a few photos, when a few older enthusiasts came with big bulky cameras. Hardcore train-photters. I presumed they were waiting for the Virgin EC-liveried Class 91/DVT set to come through. Sure enough, as it approached 12:20, I saw a small group of lads come up too. I recognised one as being Lee, and with about half a dozen standing at the top platform, I decided to head down to the bottom of said platform to get a shot of the Class 82 that would be pushed in by the 91. This turned out to be a bad move, I didn't get a shot of 91124 as a result, and just had to make do with my photo of the Virgin-liveried 82...still pleased I got to see it and photograph it though!

Tyne and Wear Metro - Central Station to Haymarket - (12:34 --- 12:37) - Metrocars 4076 & 4081
Now, I made sure I noted these Metrocars. The train looked rather crowded as it rolled in, and I was forced to stand. What made my day somewhat, was a Virgin EC employee who had his bag stuck in the crowd when trying to disembark at Monument; when I loosened it for him (me being the legend I am), he smiled at me, said ''thanks a lot, son'', and gave me a pat on the arm to show his appreciation as he got off. Thought that was nice of him. No real notes to make on this short 3 minute journey. I guess it was alright.

#X22 - Newcastle, Haymarket Bus Station to Regent Centre Metro - (12:43 --- 12:53) - Arriva North East 7502 - Alexander Dennis/Enviro 400
My first ever ride on one of these refurbished examples (think my other two have been 7525 and 7528) and I have to say I preferred it to my other two experiences. The seats didn't feel as slippery and leathery as my other two experiences, and speaking of seats, I had the front right-hand seats to myself for the whole of the short journey. Vehicle was very smooth, and I thought it made a very nice ride. 

#43 - Regent Centre Metro to Newcastle, Haymarket Bus Station - (12:59 --- 13:10) - Arriva North East 4522 - Volvo B10BLE/Alexander ALX300
Never been on the 43 before, let alone an Arriva ALX300. I sat in the middle at the very back, and as I stared down the aisle at the road ahead, I recalled being told that all of Arriva's examples were B10BLEs! Great. I am a B10BLE lover, but after this short ride, I think the Wright Renowns are better though. Not dissing these ALX-bodied B10s, but I think I would rather have either a Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown or a MAN 18.220/Alexander or Transbus ALX300 than a mix of the two. Anyway, had a nice lady driving, and the run back to the Haymarket went rather fast. Wouldn't mind sampling another. 

#10B - Newcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station to MetroCentre Interchange - (13:14 --- 13:35) - Go North East 3966 - Volvo B7TL/East Lancs Vyking 
Walked across from the Haymarket to Eldon Square, and spotted this on Percy Street preparing to enter Eldon Square. I do like Vykings for short hops, and after hearing about the rail charter due through the MetroCentre being this time, I decided the two would go nicely together. I hopped on, and had a foreign driver at the wheel, who was exceptionally friendly, another thing that made the day great. Sat at the front upstairs, and spoke to my mam on the phone for about 2 or 3 minutes whilst on Handy Drive, before disembarking this at the MetroCentre. In terms of the ride, I think 3966 was a lovely bus to ride, even though inside it looked very shabby and a few bits of paint on the interior were a bit chipped. Can't fault the legroom at the front upstairs, though! haha

Made my way across to the Coach Park, and took a couple of photos of the coaches, before heading back across to the interchange. I honestly thought I had missed the charter, but then noticed a bunch of enthusiasts at the platform - and realised it hadn't been through yet. Yay! It started to fill up at around 14:00, and got talking to a small group of older men who informed me of what was due through. Leander and The Lancashire Fusilier, on The Hadrian double-heading. Sounded interesting, so I hung around in the bitter wind until we all heard a Black Five-like whistle. I got my position, and noticed the two rounding the curve at a slow speed. It soon dawned upon me that they were stopping for a minute, and it soon became a mad dash for the other platform end to get them both in shot. Unfortunately, with the amount of enthusiasts there, I missed out sadly. But still a great thing to see. 

#100 - MetroCentre Interchange to Newcastle, Blackett Street - (14:20 --- 14:38) - Stagecoach North East 22346 - MAN 18.220/Alexander ALX300
My day just got better and better, as I saw an ALX300 crossing the bridge at the MetroCentre, and on the next 100 in (and out!). I noted the fleet number as 22346, and I'm pretty sure I've been on this before. Nonetheless, I had a great run into Newcastle on this vehicle. I'm sure I've mentioned before, but I'll just repeat, I'm a huge fan of ALX300s. For some odd reason, I've always thought their front lights look like goggly eyes. lol

#21 - Newcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station to Chester-le-Street Clifford Terrace - (14:44 --- 15:35) - Go North East 3965 - Volvo B7TL/Wright Gemini 1
Always liked 3965, and provided a very nice journey. However, the legroom felt a bit tight for some reason at the very front. Never noticed this when I had 3965/62 on my 21 along to school every morning for about a year, and I guess I just realised it now. Good journey on the whole, made nice by a boiling hot Chicken Bake from Gregg's. 

Got back in the house for 16:00. Just waiting for my parents to come back from Royal Quays, then it's pizza delivery time. Got no further plans for this evening, just watch a few comedies I guess. 

Had a great day, 10/10 - got to see the steam charter, two ALX300s, some train photos (no buses sadly! just two coaches at the MetroCentre). I'll have them on Flickr in about an hour. 

Thanks for reading! Smile
R852 PRG   07 Mar 2015, 4:53 pm
(07 Mar 2015, 4:52 pm)citaro5284 wrote Hope to see your pics Marcus

Thanks, citaro. Big Grin
Tom   07 Mar 2015, 4:59 pm
(07 Mar 2015, 4:45 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Had a fantastic day out with an Explorer today, taking a fair few photos and getting to see the steam charter through the MetroCentre were some personal highlights.

I woke up at 09:00, showered, got ready, etc, and left the house at 09:25. I walked through my housing estate, and made it to my local bus stop on the Chester-le-Street to Sunderland section for 09:34. My 78 would be leaving the bottom of Chester-le-Street at this time, and after waiting a short while, I saw her, a red Volvo B10BLE, approaching..

#78 - Chester-le-Street, Durham County Cricket Ground to Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange - (09:41 --- 10:16) - Go North East 4906 - Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown
Only 1 minute late, no big problem. When I boarded and asked for an Explorer, the driver knew exactly what I was on about (unlike my last Explorer kick-off on a 36!). Took my seat on the relatively empty bus, of which 4906 is a personal favourite, and stook my earphones in. Listened to a variety of songs from 'Break my Stride' by Matthew Wilder to 'Never gonna give you up' by Rick Astley (am I the only one on here who enjoys being RickRolled?). Anyway, I'm drifting off topic, my horse into Sunderland was very tame, and I disembarked in the interchange.

#E6 - Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange to South Shields, Town Centre - (10:22 --- 11:11) - Stagecoach North East 27737 - Dennis Enviro 300/Alexander Enviro
My first ride on one of these 'E' branded Enviros...and I thought it was rather good. Bus left Park Lane with just me and three OAPs on, then we hit Fawcett Street. About a dozen people got on, and the journey soon began to feel a little less enjoyable. The journey was very scenic, some of the views out to sea from Seaburn and the others along the route were most enjoyable, and the bus began to quieten down as we got to South Shields, with only about ten people on at best. What do I make of these E300s you ask? Hmm...seating was a bit stiffening, but aside from that, I felt it was a pretty good vehicle with plenty of oomph and power in it. 

Tyne and Wear Metro - South Shields to Central Station - (11:19 --- 11:43) - Unidentified Metrocars
God, how confusing[Image: arrow-10x10.png] is South Shields Metro station? I wasn't sure which stairs to take up, and it felt like I was in the middle of Cairo with all the stalls and other random things I walked around. I hopped in the lift, and found my way to the platform. Soooo confusing. But I suppose that's because it's the first time I've ever visited the Metro at South Shields. After faffing on for a bit deciding whether or not I would get told off for just walking through the barriers with my Explorer, and not shown any inspector (remember, I am a very infrequent Metro user) - I went through the barriers and got on the waiting Metro. A quiet journey up until Pelaw, when people started to crowd on and standees began forming. Not bad, but I forgot to get the Metrocar numbers...

I disembarked at Central Station, and made my way up to the platforms. I stood at the top platform edges taking a few photos, when a few older enthusiasts came with big bulky cameras. Hardcore train-photters. I presumed they were waiting for the Virgin EC-liveried Class 91/DVT set to come through. Sure enough, as it approached 12:20, I saw a small group of lads come up too. I recognised one as being Lee, and with about half a dozen standing at the top platform, I decided to head down to the bottom of said platform to get a shot of the Class 82 that would be pushed in by the 91. This turned out to be a bad move, I didn't get a shot of 91124 as a result, and just had to make do with my photo of the Virgin-liveried 82...still pleased I got to see it and photograph it though!

Tyne and Wear Metro - Central Station to Haymarket - (12:34 --- 12:37) - Metrocars 4076 & 4081
Now, I made sure I noted these Metrocars. The train looked rather crowded as it rolled in, and I was forced to stand. What made my day somewhat, was a Virgin EC employee who had his bag stuck in the crowd when trying to disembark at Monument; when I loosened it for him (me being the legend I am), he smiled at me, said ''thanks a lot, son'', and gave me a pat on the arm to show his appreciation as he got off. Thought that was nice of him. No real notes to make on this short 3 minute journey. I guess it was alright.

#X22 - Newcastle, Haymarket Bus Station to Regent Centre Metro - (12:43 --- 12:53) - Arriva North East 7502 - Alexander Dennis/Enviro 400
My first ever ride on one of these refurbished examples (think my other two have been 7525 and 7528) and I have to say I preferred it to my other two experiences. The seats didn't feel as slippery and leathery as my other two experiences, and speaking of seats, I had the front right-hand seats to myself for the whole of the short journey. Vehicle was very smooth, and I thought it made a very nice ride. 

#43 - Regent Centre Metro to Newcastle, Haymarket Bus Station - (12:59 --- 13:10) - Arriva North East 4522 - Volvo B10BLE/Alexander ALX300
Never been on the 43 before, let alone an Arriva ALX300. I sat in the middle at the very back, and as I stared down the aisle at the road ahead, I recalled being told that all of Arriva's examples were B10BLEs! Great. I am a B10BLE lover, but after this short ride, I think the Wright Renowns are better though. Not dissing these ALX-bodied B10s, but I think I would rather have either a Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown or a MAN 18.220/Alexander or Transbus ALX300 than a mix of the two. Anyway, had a nice lady driving, and the run back to the Haymarket went rather fast. Wouldn't mind sampling another. 

#10B - Newcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station to MetroCentre Interchange - (13:14 --- 13:35) - Go North East 3966 - Volvo B7TL/East Lancs Vyking 
Walked across from the Haymarket to Eldon Square, and spotted this on Percy Street preparing to enter Eldon Square. I do like Vykings for short hops, and after hearing about the rail charter due through the MetroCentre being this time, I decided the two would go nicely together. I hopped on, and had a foreign driver at the wheel, who was exceptionally friendly, another thing that made the day great. Sat at the front upstairs, and spoke to my mam on the phone for about 2 or 3 minutes whilst on Handy Drive, before disembarking this at the MetroCentre. In terms of the ride, I think 3966 was a lovely bus to ride, even though inside it looked very shabby and a few bits of paint on the interior were a bit chipped. Can't fault the legroom at the front upstairs, though! haha

Made my way across to the Coach Park, and took a couple of photos of the coaches, before heading back across to the interchange. I honestly thought I had missed the charter, but then noticed a bunch of enthusiasts at the platform - and realised it hadn't been through yet. Yay! It started to fill up at around 14:00, and got talking to a small group of older men who informed me of what was due through. Leander and The Lancashire Fusilier, on The Hadrian double-heading. Sounded interesting, so I hung around in the bitter wind until we all heard a Black Five-like whistle. I got my position, and noticed the two rounding the curve at a slow[Image: arrow-10x10.png] speed. It soon dawned upon me that they were stopping for a minute, and it soon became a mad dash for the other platform end to get them both in shot. Unfortunately, with the amount of enthusiasts there, I missed out sadly. But still a great thing to see. 

#100 - MetroCentre Interchange to Newcastle, Blackett Street - (14:20 --- 14:38) - Stagecoach North East 22346 - MAN 18.220/Alexander ALX300
My day just got better and better, as I saw an ALX300 crossing the bridge at the MetroCentre, and on the next 100 in (and out!). I noted the fleet number as 22346, and I'm pretty sure I've been on this before. Nonetheless, I had a great run into Newcastle on this vehicle. I'm sure I've mentioned before, but I'll just repeat, I'm a huge fan of ALX300s. For some odd reason, I've always thought their front lights look like goggly eyes. lol

#21 - Newcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station to Chester-le-Street Clifford Terrace - (14:44 --- 15:35) - Go North East 3965 - Volvo B7TL/Wright Gemini 1
Always liked 3965, and provided a very nice journey. However, the legroom felt a bit tight for some reason at the very front. Never noticed this when I had 3965/62 on my 21 along to school every morning for about a year, and I guess I just realised it now. Good journey on the whole, made nice by a boiling hot Chicken Bake from Gregg's. 

Got back in the house for 16:00. Just waiting for my parents to come back from Royal Quays, then it's pizza delivery time. Got no further plans for this evening, just watch a few comedies I guess. 

Had a great day, 10/10 - got to see the steam charter, two ALX300s, some train photos (no buses sadly! just two coaches at the MetroCentre). I'll have them on Flickr in about an hour. 

Thanks for reading! Smile

Great review as usual.
The Volvo B10BLE/ALX300's are pretty similar to B10BLE's, but other than the bodywork, nothing like ALX300s. 
R852 PRG   07 Mar 2015, 8:42 pm
So, with today's trip being such a success, an Explorer is definitely on the cards for next Saturday. Will get the diagrams for 91105/24 again (and possibly by then another Virgin EC set may have been done!) and try to get photos of them both over the course of the day (shame I didn't get a good enough photo of 91124 today, just having to make do with 82219...).

Again, like today, I doubt I will have any set plan (especially as the train diagrams can be a last minute plan-changer, if you understand what I mean) - but does anyone have any more suggestions for things they'd like to see me include next week? Smile
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   07 Mar 2015, 8:56 pm
(07 Mar 2015, 8:42 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Again, like today, I doubt I will have any set plan (especially as the train diagrams can be a last minute plan-changer, if you understand what I mean) - but does anyone have any more suggestions for things they'd like to see me include next week? Smile

Zip wire from the Tyne Bridge down to the Quaylink bus stop?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
R852 PRG   07 Mar 2015, 8:58 pm
(07 Mar 2015, 8:56 pm)aureolin wrote Zip wire from the Tyne Bridge down to the Quaylink bus stop?

Sounds reasonable. Get Dan and citaro5284 to drive around in an ancillary van in case something goes horribly wrong. Tongue

But, having said that, I wouldn't mind a ride on the Quaylink services before all of this malarkey with some Q3 or some random crap happens to do with Nexus, I don't pay much attention to that stuff. Big Grin
Dan   07 Mar 2015, 9:07 pm
(07 Mar 2015, 8:42 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote So, with today's trip being such a success, an Explorer is definitely on the cards for next Saturday. Will get the diagrams for 91105/24 again (and possibly by then another Virgin EC set may have been done!) and try to get photos of them both over the course of the day (shame I didn't get a good enough photo of 91124 today, just having to make do with 82219...).

Again, like today, I doubt I will have any set plan (especially as the train diagrams can be a last minute plan-changer, if you understand what I mean) - but does anyone have any more suggestions for things they'd like to see me include next week? Smile

Well I think a third example has been done - based on the discussion earlier in the VTEC thread. Not 100% as it was literally a glimpse I caught and nothing more, but I'm sure it would have been the diagram citaro5284 gave the details for rather than one of the ones you gave.

I caught one of them today, but was too tired to wait around at Durham for the other.
R852 PRG   07 Mar 2015, 9:17 pm
(07 Mar 2015, 9:07 pm)Dan wrote Well I think a third example has been done - based on the discussion earlier in the VTEC thread. Not 100% as it was literally a glimpse I caught and nothing more, but I'm sure it would have been the diagram citaro5284 gave the details for rather than one of the ones you gave.

I caught one of them today, but was too tired to wait around at Durham for the other.

I'll go take a look on RailUK for any discussion on it and report back.  Wink
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   07 Mar 2015, 9:18 pm
As promised the other day, here is my review from the past week using an all zones week pass as I have been stopping at my Dads for the past week looking after his Dog while he was away on Holiday in Spain, this review is all off memory and photos I have taken due to losing all the notes I had made on my Phone, due it being wiped after being repaired at the Samsung Store in Newcastle after incurring a faulty charger port and then the audio breaking, anyway I have my phone back and will hopefully have no further issues with it, so lets crack on with this review shall we.

Saturday 28th February 2015

After getting my Week Pass from the Travel Office in Gateshead I opted to head over to Newcastle and Photograph the Coaches parked up in Newcastle Coach Park followed by walk up St James Boulevard/Barrack Road to Photograph the Coaches which brought the Aston Villa Fans up from Birmingham for the League Game against Newcastle, after this I headed back up to my Dads House.

Sunday 1st March 2015

I went to my Brothers to watch Liverpool vs Man City and the Capital One Cup Final, along with spending time with my Niece and Nephew.

Monday 2nd March 2015

Monday involved visiting both Kingsleys and Jim Hughes Depots on Portobello Industrial Estate in Birtley using the 21/X25 to get there, before having a little ride around Birtley on the revised 82 as I refused to wait in the bitterly cold wind for 20 Minutes while it went around Birtley, I then got off at Lambton as I had a few things to do on the Laptop at home before heading back over Gateshead way, I instead opted to continue on towards Newcastle where I then decided to have a quick ride up to Regent Centre, which lasted all of 10 Minutes before getting on the 33 back into Toon which was a jolly old ride on the former Lothian SPD, who am I kidding I would some of the Go North East examples were in better condition when Withdrawn than this, only upside of the journey was the Interior of the Vehicle, after getting back into Newcastle I spotted an Orbit Versa on the 54 so made an Olympic Style Sprint just so I could get a Photo which I did before getting on the 53 on the opposite side of the road to Gateshead followed by the Arriva X2 back to my Dads at Low Fell.

Tuesday 3rd March 2015

On Tuesday Morning I had an Interview in Gateshead followed by my usual weekly Ingeus Appointment in Sunderland, the morning started on a less than "Angellic Note", instead I went to the "MAX" and got the X2 into Gateshead which was surprisingly 7 Minutes faster than the 21 which was just in front of the X2 upon arrival at the stop on Low Fell High Street, following my Interview I decided to not get the 56/X36 to Sunderland, and decided to say #F***TheMetro also, so how did I get to Sunderland I hear you thinking while reading this review, well I opted to instead get the 97 to Central Station followed by the Northern Rail Service to Sunderland, which made rather nice change and was an ok 20 Minute Journey, following my Ingeus Appointment in Sunderland I went back Home as my Mam offered to cook my Tea for me, which I ended up doing myself before again heading back to my Dads House.

Wednesday 4th March 2015

Another Day, Another Trip out and about with a little help from Marcus and Tommy along the way, On Wednesday I made my once again to Central Station so I could catch the 1130 "Virgin East Coast" Train "82219" in the New Livery as I thought it looked rather smart in Photos I had seen on NEB/Flickr, Anyway upon arrival to Central Station and clearly unaware of the rules regarding photography within the Station, I opted to ask one of the Customer Service Advisors for some assistance, they pointed down to the Management Suite where I signed in and was given a Vistors Pass, I was ran through Health and Safety Procedures also, very simple and straight forward process, I then made my way onto Platform 2 to Photograph "82219" which came out blurry, I then ran up the stairs and over the bridge and onto Platform 3 to ensure I got a Photo, after that I took a few other photos of the Trains before heading over the MetroCentre.

After brief stop at the Metty I got on the Stagecoach Service 6 to Lemmington followed by Arriva Service 13 to Dumpling Hall Estate, taking photos at both locations, Dumpling Hall I spent roughly 40 Minutes at trying to catch the Blind on the E400Hs but to no avail, I then eventually got on the 39 from Dumpling Hall to Denton Burn, I then walked from Denton Burn through Slatyford Housing Estate where my Older Brother used to live, making a Pit Stop for a No.2 in Costa Coffee before continuing on along to Slatyford Depot, where Preserved Leyland Antelean (EJR 111W) was parked up around the back of the Depot, this made my Day if I am honest, I then got the 63 into Newcastle City Centre for some "Dinny Donny Din Dons" before getting on the 55 to Four Lane Ends which was Hybrid Streetlite 1585, after about 45-50 Minutes of taking photos at FLE I headed back into Newcastle before getting the 10B over to Asda MetroCentre as I needed a few bits and bobs for my Breakfast/Dinner and Tea, along with more Dog Food the Dog, after that I got the S1 followed by the X66 to Gateshead, then the 21 back to my Dads.

Thursday 5th March 2015

Ahh the Day where I lost everything noted on my Phone as it broke, After making the trip into Newcastle to take my Phone to Samsung for Repair I decided head over to Byker to take a few photos, where I was told my some scruff and his minging girlfriend possibly his sister, quite incest over that way I hear, I would end up on the "Register" if I didnt pull my Jeans up, of course I had just stood up and was about to alight the Bus, these muppets got zero reaction, not even a look over the shoulder to see what they looked like as I headed down the stairs get off the 39, after a few photos in Byker I got on the Metro to Walkergate to go the Stagecoach Depot as I had seen one of the Driver Training B10s heading toward the depot and of course I wanted a photo, but to no avail as they were all parked over the back near the Metro Lines and the zoom on my Camera simply couldnt reach the far from the depot gates, I then crossed the road and got the 15A back into Newcastle so I could then pick up my Phone before once again heading back to my Dads.

Friday 6th March 2015

Having picked my Phone from Repair only a day prior I once again ended up going into the Samsung Store to get it repaired, so I hung around Haymarket/Eldon Square like Bazza and his motley crew usually does for an Hour, as I was told my would be fixed within the hour, so made way back to samsung where they greeted me with Bad News that I would get my phone back until Today due to them being so busy, after this I was quite fed up decided to just go back to my Dads and chill out for the rest of the day, this didnt last long as I opted to pack my clothes up and bring them back over home so I did have to do it today, along with carrying my Xbox back also, after doing that I headed back to my Dads, but not before dropping off at the Chippy on Kells Lane in Low Fell for Tea.

Saturday 7th March 2015 (£4.75 Purple Pass)

Once again headed into Newcastle City Centre to pick up my Phone from repair before heading straight back to my Dads as I knew he would landing back in Newcastle Airport at around 2pm, after he came back I headed back home, quite looking forward to sleeping in my own Bed tonight for first time since last Thursday.

Hope you all enjoyed this review, and also look forward to the 223 Photos in which I have to Upload to Flickr in the coming days.
Dan   07 Mar 2015, 9:22 pm
(07 Mar 2015, 9:19 pm)citaro5284 wrote I think what he means is that it was going too fast for him to get the number  Tongue

That's what I have got the Nikon for, man! Not be long before you get to see it in the flesh. Wink 

Wait 'til you see my photos at Chester-le-Street later / tomorrow - crystal clear fleet numbers...! I'd finished with the trains by that point and I was taking photos of the buses, hence why I wasn't sure Tongue 
R852 PRG   08 Mar 2015, 12:44 pm
Wow - 10 likes?! Didn't realise my reviews were so popular!

Thanks guys! Big Grin
omnicity4659   08 Mar 2015, 12:55 pm
(08 Mar 2015, 12:44 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Wow - 10 likes?! Didn't realise my reviews were so popular!

Thanks guys! Big Grin

You have to try getting up at 0600, leaving at 0750, arriving in Newcastle 0840, leave Greggs at 0841, buy Metro ticket at 0843, get Metro to Central at 0846 spend seven hours on Central Station, leave at 1500, get the 1505 Metro to Haymarket, leave the station and get 1514 bus to Ashington...

...And get around three likes Tongue
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
omnicity4659   08 Mar 2015, 1:03 pm
Might do the Newcastle all day thing again, of when my battery dies, I go home Big Grin

Can't be as bad as spending all day in Bishop Auckland, having some chav shout at me!
omnicity4659   08 Mar 2015, 1:05 pm
(28 Feb 2015, 9:34 pm)Robert wrote Out of pure interest did anybody go out to get a few pics of 'East Coast' trains on their last day of operation today (TOC obviously - my post without this message would suggest otherwise)?

Sorry only seen your post today!  Big Grin

Aye, seven hours on Central Station! Big Grin
Davie   08 Mar 2015, 2:48 pm
(08 Mar 2015, 12:44 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Wow - 10 likes?! Didn't realise my reviews were so popular!
Thanks guys! Big Grin

I really enjoy reading them Marcus, keep 'em coming Wink
R852 PRG   08 Mar 2015, 3:21 pm
Well, I've checked - and there are no railtours scheduled through the north east at all next Saturday.

May kick the day off by heading to Park Lane, get the Metro to Sunderland Rail Station, then Northern Rail to Newcastle Central for a few photos, before heading off wherever I fancy! Smile

Saturday 28th will sadly not by much of a review; as there is Great War Weekend at the Tanfield Railway. I reckon my dad will drop me off, then after a couple of hours I'll get an X30/X31 to Stanley, 8 to Beamish, 128 to Durham (wouldn't mind riding it on it's first day back in service) then just a 21 back. But, with all the photos I plan to take on that day, you may all be in for a treat. I'll likely be riding the train too, which will add something extra to it for you all. Wink
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
omnicity4659   08 Mar 2015, 3:25 pm
(08 Mar 2015, 3:21 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Well, I've checked - and there are no railtours scheduled through the north east at all next Saturday.

May kick the day off by heading to Park Lane, get the Metro to Sunderland Rail Station, then Northern Rail to Newcastle Central for a few photos, before heading off wherever I fancy! Smile

Saturday 28th will sadly not by much of a review; as there is Great War Weekend at the Tanfield Railway. I reckon my dad will drop me off, then after a couple of hours I'll get an X30/X31 to Stanley, 8 to Beamish, 128 to Durham (wouldn't mind riding it on it's first day back in service) then just a 21 back. But, with all the photos I plan to take on that day, you may all be in for a treat. I'll likely be riding the train too, which will add something extra to it for you all. Wink

There was a useful website...

There's a steam within this half of this year, it's called "The Wansbeck". I'll find the link for you Smile

Here's one, 21/3 http://www.railwaytouring.net/uk-day-tri...rham-coast
R852 PRG   08 Mar 2015, 3:27 pm
(08 Mar 2015, 3:25 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote There was a useful website...

There's a steam within this half of this year, it's called "The Wansbeck". I'll find the link for you Smile

Yes, I heard about that. I think it's a month or so away. 
omnicity4659   08 Mar 2015, 3:29 pm
(08 Mar 2015, 3:27 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Yes, I heard about that. I think it's a month or so away. 

A one a bit closer to you http://www.railwaytouring.net/uk-day-tri...ham-coast/ 
Tom   08 Mar 2015, 4:25 pm
Is anyone going for the Metro Replacements next weekend?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
R852 PRG   08 Mar 2015, 4:27 pm
(08 Mar 2015, 4:25 pm)Tom wrote Is anyone going for the Metro Replacements next weekend?

Where are they from/to?
Tom   08 Mar 2015, 4:29 pm
(08 Mar 2015, 4:27 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Where are they from/to?

North Shields to Four Lane Ends. Saturday and Sunday I think.
R852 PRG   08 Mar 2015, 4:29 pm
(08 Mar 2015, 4:29 pm)Tom wrote North Shields to Four Lane Ends. Saturday and Sunday I think.

Not for me then, I reckon I'll go with whatever I fancy a ride on.
Tom   08 Mar 2015, 4:31 pm
(08 Mar 2015, 4:29 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Not for me then, I reckon I'll go with whatever I fancy a ride on.

I probably can't make Saturday, but might do them on Sunday.
They'll probably have a mixture of ALX400's and possibly some loaned stuff. Might be nice to go for a ride on them?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   08 Mar 2015, 4:32 pm
(08 Mar 2015, 4:31 pm)Tom wrote I probably can't make Saturday, but might do them on Sunday.
They'll probably have a mixture of ALX400's and possibly some loaned stuff. Might be nice to go for a ride on them?

Is it Arriva doing them? Go North East usually do the North Tyneside replacements from Percy Main.

I haven't seen a VOSA registration from either - but I may have just missed it.
Tom   08 Mar 2015, 4:33 pm
(08 Mar 2015, 4:32 pm)Dan wrote Is it Arriva doing them? Go North East usually do the North Tyneside replacements from Percy Main.

I haven't seen a VOSA registration from either - but I may have just missed it.

Yeah Arriva always do them.
They done the North Shields-Shiremoor ones too not long ago. 
Pages (159)    174 75 76159