North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(05 Jan 2019, 9:36 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Double deckers wouldn't get very far on the X6/X7 anyway with that low bridge near Seaham. Unless they were to divert around it of course.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think Scania OmniDekka's are 13"-11" and the bridge in question is 14"-3" so in theory those could be used if they were available (excluding 3995/6), Arriva have sent Darlington's Sapphire Enviro 400's under there on the X21 before: https://flic.kr/p/G2psSH

Edit: never mind, the above reply confirms it
(05 Jan 2019, 9:07 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Sunderland council own them but Go North East can buy them if they want but don't think they will.

Obviously they know the history of each vehicle and have spent time maintaining them. Appreciate they aren't standard to the rest of the fleet, but to acquire 'unfamiliar' vehicles from elsewhere whilst disposing of these - seems odd.
(05 Jan 2019, 9:41 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]OmniDekkas could get through - they're low-height!

Well that's my first shut down of the year!  Blush

From my memory when I went under the bridge on 5206 last year, it didn't look like even the Omnidekkas would be able to fit under. Certainly more deceiving (to me anyway) than the bridge at Dunston, despite being the same height.
(05 Jan 2019, 9:50 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Obviously they know the history of each vehicle and have spent time maintaining them. Appreciate they aren't standard to the rest of the fleet, but to acquire 'unfamiliar' vehicles from elsewhere whilst disposing of these - seems odd.

Dan said the parts are really expensive to buy, think that might put Go North East off buying them
(05 Jan 2019, 10:01 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Dan said the parts are really expensive to buy, think that might put Go North East off buying them

I'm sure hybrid Solos can be converted to straight diesel.
(06 Jan 2019, 2:15 am)Rapidsnap wrote [ -> ]I'm sure hybrid Solos can be converted to straight diesel.
What would the application be of 3 non euro 6 solos? Gne'd have to win another contract and have a few more drivers for that to work.
(06 Jan 2019, 2:17 am)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]What would the application be of 3 non euro 6 solos? Gne'd have to win another contract and have a few more drivers for that to work.
Could pick up a few little low profit workings that might be more better to run on hybrids to make profits on the next tender. Good routes that might be good use on is- W3, 335/6, 57/A, 558, 643, K1/2, R3/4/5/6. Another option is that old route could maybe be bring back, eg- Sunderland to North Shields connection which was a bit of  waste considering it was made for people in Hebburn to get to Sunderland even though no one uses the 9, they'd use the metro while there was demand for it in North Shields. Another option is to covert a couple of more profitable taxi buses into proper buses like the proposed 615 for e.g.
Further to my post last night:

Hadrians Wall Solos 635 and 636 have transferred to Percy Main.
In exchange, Percy Main have transferred 6017, 6116 and 6117 to Riverside. These three double-decks will be used to provide duplicate X21 journeys between Bishop Auckland, Durham and Framwellgate Moor.

Potential for a couple of odd workings today at Riverside, with fleet livery Scania L94, Citaro, Versa and Streetlites (including those branded for the 49) having new rear advertisement vinyls added to promote the January sale.
(06 Jan 2019, 3:07 am)JM03 wrote [ -> ]Could pick up a few little low profit workings that might be more better to run on hybrids to make profits on the next tender. Good routes that might be good use on is- W3, 335/6, 57/A, 558, 643, K1/2, R3/4/5/6. Another option is that old route could maybe be bring back, eg- Sunderland to North Shields connection which was a bit of  waste considering it was made for people in Hebburn to get to Sunderland even though no one uses the 9, they'd use the metro while there was demand for it in North Shields. Another option is to covert a couple of more profitable taxi buses into proper buses like the proposed 615 for e.g.
There isnt a 336
(06 Jan 2019, 1:06 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]There isnt a 336

There is from today, Gateshead Central Taxi's are running it alongside, the 335... https://nexus.org.uk/sites/default/files...060119.pdf
(06 Jan 2019, 3:07 am)JM03 wrote [ -> ]Could pick up a few little low profit workings that might be more better to run on hybrids to make profits on the next tender. Good routes that might be good use on is- W3, 335/6, 57/A, 558, 643, K1/2, R3/4/5/6. Another option is that old route could maybe be bring back, eg- Sunderland to North Shields connection which was a bit of  waste considering it was made for people in Hebburn to get to Sunderland even though no one uses the 9, they'd use the metro while there was demand for it in North Shields. Another option is to covert a couple of more profitable taxi buses into proper buses like the proposed 615 for e.g.

I'm fully in favour of your suggestion to reinstate the bus service between North Shields and Sunderland. When it was changed about a year ago, GNE claimed that it was because of demand from people in Hebburn for a direct bus so Sunderland. At that time, there was a frequent service between Jarrow and Sunderland, with some extended to North Shields. Why couldn't GNE have simply extended the Sunderland-Jarrow buses to Hebburn and leave the North Shields service intact?
(06 Jan 2019, 1:11 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]There is from today, Gateshead Central Taxi's are running it alongside, the 335... https://nexus.org.uk/sites/default/files...060119.pdf

Is there,didnt realise mate,sorry

(06 Jan 2019, 2:00 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]Is there,didnt realise mate,sorry,336 is replacing the 335 to the cobalt by the looks of it,335 only going as far as Hadrian Park
(06 Jan 2019, 11:19 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Further to my post last night:

Hadrians Wall Solos 635 and 636 have transferred to Percy Main.
In exchange, Percy Main have transferred 6017, 6116 and 6117 to Riverside. These three double-decks will be used to provide duplicate X21 journeys between Bishop Auckland, Durham and Framwellgate Moor.

Potential for a couple of odd workings today at Riverside, with fleet livery Scania L94, Citaro, Versa and Streetlites (including those branded for the 49) having new rear advertisement vinyls added to promote the January sale.

How long will the 3 deckers be at riverside for.

What are the Ex EYMS presidents allocated to
Has 9083 returned to Percy Main yet, or is it still going through its annual PSV test?
(06 Jan 2019, 3:38 pm)GNE6312 wrote [ -> ]How long will the 3 deckers be at riverside for.

What are the Ex EYMS presidents allocated to

Until arriva stop striking, and EYMS are for scholars only boards, normally only the ones done by saltmeadows.
(06 Jan 2019, 4:02 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Has 9083 returned to Percy Main yet, or is it still going through its annual PSV test?

It has returned
Go North East have better make good use of this oppotunity to strengthen on various corridors, no doubt the January sale on weekly tickets will help in that case too. But will this strike cause a massive switch to Go North East on the East Durham corridors and between Durham and Bishop Auckland. Arriva are there for the picking.
Just passed 6043  broken down in hebburn  had been on 26 earlier
Just seen 6928 in hebburn p 824 gront screen shows Lanchester !!!

Just seen 6928 in hebburn p 824 front screen shows Lanchester !!!
(07 Jan 2019, 3:47 pm)Coppercap40 wrote [ -> ]Just seen 6928 in hebburn p  824  gront screen shows Lanchester !!!

Driver has selected the wrong display - both the Nexus 'scholars all welcome' display and the Lanchester St Bede's displays are under 824.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17