You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Posted by: Michael
Gas bus on the X24
Posted by: RBZ 5459
(28 Feb 2017, 9:37 pm)S813 FVK wrote I would like to see something like this happen:

- 5x Mercedes Citaros branded 'Blaydon Racers' for services 12/12A replacing the 'Toon Link' brand
- 1x Scania Omnicity repainted into the corporate livery and transferred to Stanley to operate the single decker board on services 6/X70/X71 and replacing the second red Merc.

- 4x Mercedes Citaros branded 'Tynedalexpress' for services X84/X85 joined by 1 red Merc from Stanley as a spare (fitted with WiFi only).
- 5x Scania L94UB to Chester-le-Street for Waggonway 28/28A allowing the current Solars to join the Training Fleet as rumoured

The other red Mercedes Citaro at Stanley could also go to Hexham, repainted and branded for 'Tynedale Links' replacing 5210 on the 680.

Believe that 4965 has been sent up to Thorntons for training conversion.
400
Posted by: Jamie M
I often have NEB sitting in the background on my phone or laptop, I was wondering if there is the chance of a plugin that allows users to see notifications via an API that google chrome provides or whatever. Much like when enabled in facebook on google chrome, it will show a box in the bottom right corner of the screen like so (just googled picture):
[Image: Notifications.jpg]
My idea is that whenever somebody quotes you, posts in a selected thread or PMs you, it alerts you and describes as above. I believe the forums are currently quite static, and this would really bring it alive. I wouldn't have to periodically refresh my browser to see if something had happened or not - and believe me - I do it more than periodically during threads with an active conversation!
Thanks, Jamie.
Posted by: Jamie M
I had a thought about a section, similar to fleet lists - but for routes. It would show new & old, along with the depot that runs it with the allocation. Basically providing information and changelog to make that 40-something page long thread about allocated rare workings redundant, too.

This would not only help new enthusiasts, but also provide a background to service operation.
Posted by: Ambassador
Wondering if anyone has watched this.

It's a series about competing sightseeing bus companies in Belfast and across Northern Ireland.

Quite interesting little series.

Available on the iPlayer and catch up on Sky etc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08bmzfg/clips
Posted by: BusLoverMum
I know Dan suggested I pm him with some illustrations of this, a while back, but I never did work out how to pm attachments.

So I'll leave these here. Basically, landscape is ridiculous, portrait involves too much sliding and scrolling and can't be resized, icons are mismatched (same on Firefox on my laptop) and members' info often takes up far more space than the actual post, which makes following a conversation quite difficult!
.png Screenshot_20170204-190720.png
.png Screenshot_20170114-103813.png
.png Screenshot_20170106-200952.png
.png Screenshot_20170204-191625.png
Posted by: Adrian
Stagecoach North East: Rare & Odd Workings - February 2017
Posted by: Adrian
Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2017
105
Posted by: Andreos1
(27 Jan 2017, 12:19 pm)Jamie M wrote 9099 is on the X1, somebody said it was kicking around leeds the other day.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Still on today. It will have been the 1020 ish X1 off the Galleries heading to Easington Lane.
403
Posted by: Stu1639
Today it's 4804s turn on MAX X66/X67

While 4814 is on 2s
195

Welcome, Guest

You have to register before you can post on our site.

Statistics

 users 930
Latest member: DennisDart_124
 topics 2883
 posts 279605

Latest Threads

East Coast Main Line

Last Post: Busadvocate 4 hours ago

Durham County Council

Last Post: 220631612 4 hours ago

Arriva State of The Fleet

Last Post: busesofthenortheast Yesterday, 9:22 pm

Go North East - State of ...

Last Post: deanmachine Yesterday, 7:58 pm

The North East Rail Visio...

Last Post: V514DFT Yesterday, 7:56 pm

North East Region Bus Fra...

Last Post: Adrian Yesterday, 5:12 pm

2026 New Vehicles

Last Post: Kuyoyo Yesterday, 12:47 pm

Arriva - ALX400 order que...

Last Post: Storx Yesterday, 12:23 pm

JH Coaches of Birtley

Last Post: Nerd4321 Yesterday, 11:42 am

London Bus Operations

Last Post: Storx 26 Sep 2026, 5:06 pm