Forum County Durham Independents
replies 0, views 72
james solomon Today, 7:44 am
Forum Go North East
replies 35, views 6,209
OrangeArrow49 Today, 6:34 am
Rugby World Cup
by MrFozz, 18 Sep 2015, 7:11 pm
Anybody watching it, kicking off with England v Fiji.

I am a New Zealand fan myself, after I saw a Maori team play at Gateshead Stadium in the early 1990's and was mesemerised by the Haka...
When I did Performing Arts at New College in 1999, the World Cup was on, as part of the course, I had to do a bit dance, so I did the minimum that was required of me, I cant dance to save my life...I took a paper into College and my dance/movement teacher saw a guide to the Haka, when I was done reading, he took and a couple of weeks later, he put together a modified and simple version of the Haka for me to meet the minimum requirement for a pass in Movement and Dance...

Back on topic, is there many Rugby fans among us???
Rugby World Cup
by MrFozz, 18 Sep 2015, 7:11 pm

Anybody watching it, kicking off with England v Fiji.

I am a New Zealand fan myself, after I saw a Maori team play at Gateshead Stadium in the early 1990's and was mesemerised by the Haka...
When I did Performing Arts at New College in 1999, the World Cup was on, as part of the course, I had to do a bit dance, so I did the minimum that was required of me, I cant dance to save my life...I took a paper into College and my dance/movement teacher saw a guide to the Haka, when I was done reading, he took and a couple of weeks later, he put together a modified and simple version of the Haka for me to meet the minimum requirement for a pass in Movement and Dance...

Back on topic, is there many Rugby fans among us???

Bus specification, interior and on-board features
by Jimmi, 14 Sep 2015, 6:04 pm
(14 Sep 2015, 5:57 pm)aureolin Where do you draw the line though? 

I think a corporate liveried vehicle is the better solution when a MAX spec vehicle is unavailable. The alternative would be to have a large pool of MAX spec vehicles spare, but then we'd have the problem of MAX spec vehicles on non-MAX spec routes, as they'll not let the buses sit and fester in the depot all day...

I also feel that this is a problem you get, when you start pushing features like WiFi and e-Leather seating as a 'luxury' or 'feature' of the service. WiFi should be standard on all new orders, with an attempt to retrospectively fit it to older vehicles in the fleet, if there's a business justification to do so. I've made my feelings on eLeather more than known in the past too... Smile

Maybe we need velcro spec seats? Smile

Perhaps I'm missing something, but there seems to be a discrepancy across eLeather seating, and I know I'm not the only enthusiast to notice this. The Sapphire spec provides the most comfortable example of eLeather in the North East in my opinion. I find MAX spec to be a bit too firm and slippy, and I find the ones in GNE's Sapphire to be like sitting on a wooden bench. It's got me a bit baffled to be honest, as I thought it was all exactly the same!

Belmont seem to have loads of Sapphire buses which are spare going round on different routes such as 1517 on the 46/48 on Saturday whilst this was on here two non Sapphire spec buses ended up out on the 22/24. Ideally there should be corporate liveried buses that have the same features as MAX and Sapphire buses so they can be used on different routes when they aren't required to fill in on a branded route such as the X12, doesn't help that each service has to require log in details and you have to register for every different service, even under the same brand.

(14 Sep 2015, 5:57 pm)aureolin Where do you draw the line though? 

I think a corporate liveried vehicle is the better solution when a MAX spec vehicle is unavailable. The alternative would be to have a large pool of MAX spec vehicles spare, but then we'd have the problem of MAX spec vehicles on non-MAX spec routes, as they'll not let the buses sit and fester in the depot all day...

I also feel that this is a problem you get, when you start pushing features like WiFi and e-Leather seating as a 'luxury' or 'feature' of the service. WiFi should be standard on all new orders, with an attempt to retrospectively fit it to older vehicles in the fleet, if there's a business justification to do so. I've made my feelings on eLeather more than known in the past too... Smile

Maybe we need velcro spec seats? Smile

Perhaps I'm missing something, but there seems to be a discrepancy across eLeather seating, and I know I'm not the only enthusiast to notice this. The Sapphire spec provides the most comfortable example of eLeather in the North East in my opinion. I find MAX spec to be a bit too firm and slippy, and I find the ones in GNE's Sapphire to be like sitting on a wooden bench. It's got me a bit baffled to be honest, as I thought it was all exactly the same!

Belmont seem to have loads of Sapphire buses which are spare going round on different routes such as 1517 on the 46/48 on Saturday whilst this was on here two non Sapphire spec buses ended up out on the 22/24. Ideally there should be corporate liveried buses that have the same features as MAX and Sapphire buses so they can be used on different routes when they aren't required to fill in on a branded route such as the X12, doesn't help that each service has to require log in details and you have to register for every different service, even under the same brand.

James Cooper & Son, Annitsford
by tyresmoke, 13 Sep 2015, 4:34 pm
Sold from the fleet, possibly a while ago, is Dennis Panther ALZ9219

Sold from the fleet, possibly a while ago, is Dennis Panther ALZ9219

Albatross, Sunderland
by tyresmoke, 13 Sep 2015, 4:04 pm
Just checking on the fleet and it appears these have bought a tri-axle Setra OBZ313 ... Unsure on previous identity though - anyone know?
Albatross, Sunderland
by tyresmoke, 13 Sep 2015, 4:04 pm

Just checking on the fleet and it appears these have bought a tri-axle Setra OBZ313 ... Unsure on previous identity though - anyone know?

EYMS Big Bus Day 2015
by LeeCalder, 10 Sep 2015, 10:34 pm
Big Bus Day 2015 is nearly here!

Come to Hull's Streetlife Museum on Saturday 19 September, 10am-4pm, for lots of bus-related fun, including:

- Display of vintage and modern buses (special guest buses to be announced shortly).
- Open top and vintage bus rides.
- The EYMS Brass Band.
- Bus games and family fun.
- Bus memorabilia, photos and models for sale.
- See the winning entries of the EYMS photography competition.
- Big Bus Trail around the museum.
- Facepainting.
- Punch & Judy.
- Look around the amazing Streetlife Museum of Transport.
- And much more...!

It's free entry, and proceeds from donations/games etc go to the NSPCC.

See our Big Bus Day Facebook page for more details - we had over 7,000 visitors last year!

See you there!
EYMS Big Bus Day 2015
by LeeCalder, 10 Sep 2015, 10:34 pm

Big Bus Day 2015 is nearly here!

Come to Hull's Streetlife Museum on Saturday 19 September, 10am-4pm, for lots of bus-related fun, including:

- Display of vintage and modern buses (special guest buses to be announced shortly).
- Open top and vintage bus rides.
- The EYMS Brass Band.
- Bus games and family fun.
- Bus memorabilia, photos and models for sale.
- See the winning entries of the EYMS photography competition.
- Big Bus Trail around the museum.
- Facepainting.
- Punch & Judy.
- Look around the amazing Streetlife Museum of Transport.
- And much more...!

It's free entry, and proceeds from donations/games etc go to the NSPCC.

See our Big Bus Day Facebook page for more details - we had over 7,000 visitors last year!

See you there!

Moderators
by Dan, 10 Sep 2015, 7:36 pm
The amount of users on the forum has increased rapidly in recent months. As such, we're looking to add another Forum Moderator to our team.

If interested, please drop me a Private Message and explain what you could bring to the team - nothing too formal given that this is just something we do in our free time..! All 'applications' (if they can be considered as that) will be considered by the forum's current moderation team.
Moderators
by Dan, 10 Sep 2015, 7:36 pm

The amount of users on the forum has increased rapidly in recent months. As such, we're looking to add another Forum Moderator to our team.

If interested, please drop me a Private Message and explain what you could bring to the team - nothing too formal given that this is just something we do in our free time..! All 'applications' (if they can be considered as that) will be considered by the forum's current moderation team.

Enterprise Travel, Darlington
by tyresmoke, 10 Sep 2015, 6:59 pm
These have won some school contracts in the Middlesbrough area, to Trinity Catholic College previously operated by Compass Royston. Routes 34, 35, 36 and 37 are now in operation from an outstation in Dennis Dixon's yard where Leven Valley and Roseberry Travel were previously based.
Not seen many of the coaches yet, only seen CU51HVS and a new addition yesterday morning... VIL3861 formerly with Lee's of Durham. There was a former Durham City Premiere tagging along with some CMC vehicles so I presume it is theirs and not Enterprise but it could be so I'll mention it here.
Attached Files
.jpg
enterprise_vil3861.jpg
Size 190.69 KB / Downloads 55

These have won some school contracts in the Middlesbrough area, to Trinity Catholic College previously operated by Compass Royston. Routes 34, 35, 36 and 37 are now in operation from an outstation in Dennis Dixon's yard where Leven Valley and Roseberry Travel were previously based.
Not seen many of the coaches yet, only seen CU51HVS and a new addition yesterday morning... VIL3861 formerly with Lee's of Durham. There was a former Durham City Premiere tagging along with some CMC vehicles so I presume it is theirs and not Enterprise but it could be so I'll mention it here.

Attached Files
.jpg
enterprise_vil3861.jpg
Size 190.69 KB / Downloads 55

Showbus
by citaro5284, 09 Sep 2015, 7:08 pm
Anyone else getting up at the crack of dawn for Showbus this year.....

At least it is not too far away only about 250 miles  Tongue
Showbus
by citaro5284, 09 Sep 2015, 7:08 pm

Anyone else getting up at the crack of dawn for Showbus this year.....

At least it is not too far away only about 250 miles  Tongue

Aircraft Incidents
by NK53 TKT, 09 Sep 2015, 5:52 am
A British airways 777-200 on flight BA2276 from Las Vegas to London has erupted in flames on the runway more news coming soon...
Forum All Things Air
Aircraft Incidents
by NK53 TKT, 09 Sep 2015, 5:52 am

A British airways 777-200 on flight BA2276 from Las Vegas to London has erupted in flames on the runway more news coming soon...

Pages (263) Previous 1180 181 182263 Next