Forum County Durham Independents
replies 0, views 51
james solomon 9 hours ago
Forum Go North East
replies 35, views 6,158
OrangeArrow49 10 hours ago
Dalesbus
by Jimmi, 07 Apr 2015, 9:04 pm
Discussion surrounding the Dalesbus network should go here.

Dalesbus services gear up for summer season
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/12...er_season/

Dalesbus website
http://www.dalesbus.org/

I am thinking of doing a trip on the Dalesbus network at some point in the summer, so if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to voice any ideas you may have.
Dalesbus
by Jimmi, 07 Apr 2015, 9:04 pm

Discussion surrounding the Dalesbus network should go here.

Dalesbus services gear up for summer season
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/12...er_season/

Dalesbus website
http://www.dalesbus.org/

I am thinking of doing a trip on the Dalesbus network at some point in the summer, so if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to voice any ideas you may have.

Buses in York
by omnicity4659, 06 Apr 2015, 6:33 pm
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could help me on this as I'm planning on going to York in the next holidays and was wondering which operators operate services down there.

Many thanks,
Tommy
Buses in York
by omnicity4659, 06 Apr 2015, 6:33 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could help me on this as I'm planning on going to York in the next holidays and was wondering which operators operate services down there.

Many thanks,
Tommy

Bank Holiday Services
by northern156, 06 Apr 2015, 12:41 pm
Just noticed this on the GNE facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/simplyGNE/posts...0441795710
Go North East
16 mins ·
We are experiencing severe delays across our network. We are currently working to resolve this to limit the inconvenience to you.
---

Will this be to do with the extra traffic with it being Easter Monday? Or some other cause?
Bank Holiday Services
by northern156, 06 Apr 2015, 12:41 pm

Just noticed this on the GNE facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/simplyGNE/posts...0441795710
Go North East
16 mins ·
We are experiencing severe delays across our network. We are currently working to resolve this to limit the inconvenience to you.
---

Will this be to do with the extra traffic with it being Easter Monday? Or some other cause?

What has amused you/made you laugh today?
by MurdnunoC, 05 Apr 2015, 5:06 pm
Similar to the 'What has made you happy today?' thread I suppose but what makes you laugh isn't really the same as what makes you happy. For example, I can be in a bad-mood for most of the day but still find things which make me laugh. Anyway, I digress...

I was looking at jobs on the former Jobcentre Plus website (now Universal Jobmatch) and found one which made me laugh.
https://jobsearch.direct.gov.uk/GetJob.a...00-05%3a00

Rominos Pizza

Pizza Delivery Driver

Job description

Pizza Delivery Drivey

Good knowledge of local area is essential. Must have access to own car. Duties to include delivering pizza to customers, cash handling.  Working hours will be decided depending on the applicant but will include evening and weekend work. For more detail contact Mr. Ali 07950981433
or email your CV to pizzarominos@gmail.com

Aside from the fact they're looking for a 'Pizza Delivery Drivey' (whatever that is), I also found the name of the firm rather amusing - Rominos Pizza.

Wonder where the name came from?

Would love to see a picture of the shop itself.

Similar to the 'What has made you happy today?' thread I suppose but what makes you laugh isn't really the same as what makes you happy. For example, I can be in a bad-mood for most of the day but still find things which make me laugh. Anyway, I digress...

I was looking at jobs on the former Jobcentre Plus website (now Universal Jobmatch) and found one which made me laugh.
https://jobsearch.direct.gov.uk/GetJob.a...00-05%3a00

Rominos Pizza

Pizza Delivery Driver

Job description

Pizza Delivery Drivey

Good knowledge of local area is essential. Must have access to own car. Duties to include delivering pizza to customers, cash handling.  Working hours will be decided depending on the applicant but will include evening and weekend work. For more detail contact Mr. Ali 07950981433
or email your CV to pizzarominos@gmail.com

Aside from the fact they're looking for a 'Pizza Delivery Drivey' (whatever that is), I also found the name of the firm rather amusing - Rominos Pizza.

Wonder where the name came from?

Would love to see a picture of the shop itself.

Simply DMG Blog
by MrFozz, 03 Apr 2015, 6:25 pm
Me and Marcus have decided to start a blog, the initial plan was to get Marcus' good reviews to a wider audience as I think he is very good at it and should be displayed more publically and Marcus agreed to this, I sort the blog account, he provides the reviews and hopefully the wider audience gets to enjoy his work as much as some people here.

Over the last few weeks, Me and Marcus have discussed this to some length amd between us, we decided to open it up to any member on NEB and offer you guys an opportunity to contribute and work with us as some of you already know.

We decided to go further and while, I see most content being about buses, we decided that people can contribute anything they like.

Marcus' Reviews will always be our primary content as that is why we set it up, but people can contribute about things there interested in, Railways/Trains, Football, Sport, Education, Family Life...Right now we have started the blog with Marcus' last few reviews and a couple of posts I wrote about 2 years ago.

I want to thank Marcus, his reviews are the backbone of the blog and want to thank Dan as well for letting me post this...

The blog address is Simply DMG or
http://simplydmg.ga
Simply DMG Blog
by MrFozz, 03 Apr 2015, 6:25 pm

Me and Marcus have decided to start a blog, the initial plan was to get Marcus' good reviews to a wider audience as I think he is very good at it and should be displayed more publically and Marcus agreed to this, I sort the blog account, he provides the reviews and hopefully the wider audience gets to enjoy his work as much as some people here.

Over the last few weeks, Me and Marcus have discussed this to some length amd between us, we decided to open it up to any member on NEB and offer you guys an opportunity to contribute and work with us as some of you already know.

We decided to go further and while, I see most content being about buses, we decided that people can contribute anything they like.

Marcus' Reviews will always be our primary content as that is why we set it up, but people can contribute about things there interested in, Railways/Trains, Football, Sport, Education, Family Life...Right now we have started the blog with Marcus' last few reviews and a couple of posts I wrote about 2 years ago.

I want to thank Marcus, his reviews are the backbone of the blog and want to thank Dan as well for letting me post this...

The blog address is Simply DMG or
http://simplydmg.ga

Stagecoach North East: Rare & Odd Workings - April 2015
by Dan, 01 Apr 2015, 11:49 am

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015
by omnicity4659, 01 Apr 2015, 11:21 am
Does Stagecoach Group own Busways? I always thought that the PTE owned Busways.

Does Stagecoach Group own Busways? I always thought that the PTE owned Busways.

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015
by park5354, 01 Apr 2015, 1:24 am
(31 Mar 2015, 3:25 pm)Dan There have been no further arrivals at Saltmeadows for repaint, but 6030 was receiving corporate livery vinyls today in the paintshop, so it should be returning to Percy Main shortly. 557 is fully branded for the AD122 now - it was having its re-trimmed seats fitted again today, while also receiving interior branding (disabled bay vinyls etc). I can confirm that each "X66" branded vehicle features a different coloured gnome on the front.

4845 (R845 PRG) was not present at Saltmeadows Road today so has presumably been sold, but this will be confirmed in Go North East's fleet news next week. 4950-52 and 8293 are still in storage at Saltmeadows.

Today's arrivals included the first two green Streetlites which are to be allocated to Chester-le-Street for services 8/78. These are 5402 (NK15 ENP) and 5405 (NK15 ENU).
4845 is at Riverside, in the vor line.  It is minus it's led destination displays.
Forum Go North East

(31 Mar 2015, 3:25 pm)Dan There have been no further arrivals at Saltmeadows for repaint, but 6030 was receiving corporate livery vinyls today in the paintshop, so it should be returning to Percy Main shortly. 557 is fully branded for the AD122 now - it was having its re-trimmed seats fitted again today, while also receiving interior branding (disabled bay vinyls etc). I can confirm that each "X66" branded vehicle features a different coloured gnome on the front.

4845 (R845 PRG) was not present at Saltmeadows Road today so has presumably been sold, but this will be confirmed in Go North East's fleet news next week. 4950-52 and 8293 are still in storage at Saltmeadows.

Today's arrivals included the first two green Streetlites which are to be allocated to Chester-le-Street for services 8/78. These are 5402 (NK15 ENP) and 5405 (NK15 ENU).
4845 is at Riverside, in the vor line.  It is minus it's led destination displays.

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015
by palatine3833, 31 Mar 2015, 11:56 pm
(28 Mar 2015, 8:29 pm)tyresmoke Might be worth pointing out that 1753 is now finished after today on service 7, it's last trip would have been the 1727 from Willey Flatts back to Stockton, with the arrival of the 2 Solos (2805/2829) over the last few days.
Photo attached of it this morning © Jase Nelles

Not sure what 1753 was on today, but was seen leaving Middlesbrough around 1850.
Forum Arriva North East

(28 Mar 2015, 8:29 pm)tyresmoke Might be worth pointing out that 1753 is now finished after today on service 7, it's last trip would have been the 1727 from Willey Flatts back to Stockton, with the arrival of the 2 Solos (2805/2829) over the last few days.
Photo attached of it this morning © Jase Nelles

Not sure what 1753 was on today, but was seen leaving Middlesbrough around 1850.

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - April 2015
by R852 PRG, 31 Mar 2015, 11:37 pm
Lowlander 7440 was on the 49s.
Forum Arriva North East

Lowlander 7440 was on the 49s.

Pages (263) Previous 1191 192 193263 Next