Forum Arriva North East
replies 53, views 4,815
Shrek 11 hours ago
Forum Operations, Management & Infrastructure
replies 574, views 145,494
nova347 Yesterday, 4:23 pm
Employers and there understanding of Public Transport
by Malarkey, 10 Feb 2015, 10:55 pm
A pretty simple question for everyone, When your at a Job Interview do you ever get asked what mode of Transport youd use to get to work and how long would it take?, or a Question of a similar meaning.

The reason I ask is in some of my recent Interviews in the few weeks there seems to be a pattern developing for me where by Employers seem to think it is incredibly difficult to get from A to B, This has lead to me to believe that they have a severe lack of knowledge of Local Public Transport Services, which maybe affecting me getting a Job.

Today was a good example when having a sit down chat with my Advisor at Ingeus and the person who deals with Apprenticeships, as I am looking to get some experience in Administration, one of Apprenticeships was based at Team Valley and the Woman immediately put that out of the window as she felt it was too far to travel to from Washington, I then had to explain to her I could get there for a 9am Start and how I would get there, So I told her I had a direct service from Washington Galleries in the form of the 939, or alternatively I could get the X1 Every 10 Minutes to Gateshead followed by the 94 Every 15 Minutes down to Team Valley, again she dismissed me and said it would be too trouble and would prefer someone more local.

My Advisor then stepped in on my behalf and explained that I have an excellent knowledge of the Local Transport Services in the Area, and gave a few examples where I had been in the office and a few of his clients hadnt a clue how to get to an Interview, so he came over asked me as he knew I would probably know when I had been in doing Job Search etc, which has happened on a few occasions, after having a bit of an argument with her over of her lack of knowledge of the local area, she eventually agreed to put me forward for an Interview.

Another example was last Wednesday when I had an Interview in Durham at the William Hedley Whetherspoons, again exact same scenario, I can get the 50 every half hour to Durham from my front door, my only difficulty was getting Home as the 50 doesnt run to/from Durham after 7pm and only runs as far as Chester le Street, I again explained this was no issue as I could get the 21 from Durham to Low Fell and stop at my Dads House, again on a weekend when I would be finishing at 1Am I explained I could get the N21, but due to Travel Difficulties in there eyes they wouldnt give me the Job.

So I am basically wondering if anyone else has had this issue, and is something that needs to be looked at as a whole by the Government etc, As I see this a potential barrier to Employment.

A pretty simple question for everyone, When your at a Job Interview do you ever get asked what mode of Transport youd use to get to work and how long would it take?, or a Question of a similar meaning.

The reason I ask is in some of my recent Interviews in the few weeks there seems to be a pattern developing for me where by Employers seem to think it is incredibly difficult to get from A to B, This has lead to me to believe that they have a severe lack of knowledge of Local Public Transport Services, which maybe affecting me getting a Job.

Today was a good example when having a sit down chat with my Advisor at Ingeus and the person who deals with Apprenticeships, as I am looking to get some experience in Administration, one of Apprenticeships was based at Team Valley and the Woman immediately put that out of the window as she felt it was too far to travel to from Washington, I then had to explain to her I could get there for a 9am Start and how I would get there, So I told her I had a direct service from Washington Galleries in the form of the 939, or alternatively I could get the X1 Every 10 Minutes to Gateshead followed by the 94 Every 15 Minutes down to Team Valley, again she dismissed me and said it would be too trouble and would prefer someone more local.

My Advisor then stepped in on my behalf and explained that I have an excellent knowledge of the Local Transport Services in the Area, and gave a few examples where I had been in the office and a few of his clients hadnt a clue how to get to an Interview, so he came over asked me as he knew I would probably know when I had been in doing Job Search etc, which has happened on a few occasions, after having a bit of an argument with her over of her lack of knowledge of the local area, she eventually agreed to put me forward for an Interview.

Another example was last Wednesday when I had an Interview in Durham at the William Hedley Whetherspoons, again exact same scenario, I can get the 50 every half hour to Durham from my front door, my only difficulty was getting Home as the 50 doesnt run to/from Durham after 7pm and only runs as far as Chester le Street, I again explained this was no issue as I could get the 21 from Durham to Low Fell and stop at my Dads House, again on a weekend when I would be finishing at 1Am I explained I could get the N21, but due to Travel Difficulties in there eyes they wouldnt give me the Job.

So I am basically wondering if anyone else has had this issue, and is something that needs to be looked at as a whole by the Government etc, As I see this a potential barrier to Employment.

Gaming Thread
by Adrian, 08 Feb 2015, 11:39 am
Noticed we didn't really have a gaming thread, so thought I'd create one! 

What is everyone playing at the minute? Anything interesting or any recommendations?
Gaming Thread
by Adrian, 08 Feb 2015, 11:39 am

Noticed we didn't really have a gaming thread, so thought I'd create one! 

What is everyone playing at the minute? Anything interesting or any recommendations?

Nexus Timetable Quirks
by gtom, 05 Feb 2015, 9:09 pm
Noticed a few things today that make me question the sanity of Nexus

Birtley Station Lane stop

21 to Newcastle - Journey time 28 minutes
X2 to Newcastle - Journey time 32 minutes!!!

yet a few stops later at Windsor Road the X2 has suddenly made up time and is now 26 minutes journey vs GNE who are still 28

So we race along to Low Fell The Cannon where the 21 now takes....

16 minutes!

But the X2 (which bear in mind doesn't stop again until Gateshead after Low Fell Cannon) now takes 18 minutes....

You should really catch the 29....that only takes 13 minutes to Gateshead (quicker than the others!)

Can anyone explain the logic that is Nexus?
Nexus Timetable Quirks
by gtom, 05 Feb 2015, 9:09 pm

Noticed a few things today that make me question the sanity of Nexus

Birtley Station Lane stop

21 to Newcastle - Journey time 28 minutes
X2 to Newcastle - Journey time 32 minutes!!!

yet a few stops later at Windsor Road the X2 has suddenly made up time and is now 26 minutes journey vs GNE who are still 28

So we race along to Low Fell The Cannon where the 21 now takes....

16 minutes!

But the X2 (which bear in mind doesn't stop again until Gateshead after Low Fell Cannon) now takes 18 minutes....

You should really catch the 29....that only takes 13 minutes to Gateshead (quicker than the others!)

Can anyone explain the logic that is Nexus?

Tapatalk running slow?
by R852 PRG, 05 Feb 2015, 8:27 pm
Anyone else's Tapatalk app running a few minutes behind?

I was checking the forum on my desktop, and saw a post, then as I was replying it came up as a notification 3 minutes after posting, on my iPhone. 
Tapatalk running slow?
by R852 PRG, 05 Feb 2015, 8:27 pm

Anyone else's Tapatalk app running a few minutes behind?

I was checking the forum on my desktop, and saw a post, then as I was replying it came up as a notification 3 minutes after posting, on my iPhone. 

Spammers
by omnicity4659, 01 Feb 2015, 7:23 pm
Hello everyone,

I've noticed over the last few weeks that there has been a lot of "spammers" registering on the forum.

A so called "mrsakil" is the newest one:
mrsakil's Signature
sewer repair Oakland CA plumbers offering plumbing repair, drain cleaning, sewer repair, trenchless sewer replacement, sewer cleaning and all other plumbing services. Free video inspection.

Is there a fault with the forum's security or something?
Spammers
by omnicity4659, 01 Feb 2015, 7:23 pm

Hello everyone,

I've noticed over the last few weeks that there has been a lot of "spammers" registering on the forum.

A so called "mrsakil" is the newest one:
mrsakil's Signature
sewer repair Oakland CA plumbers offering plumbing repair, drain cleaning, sewer repair, trenchless sewer replacement, sewer cleaning and all other plumbing services. Free video inspection.

Is there a fault with the forum's security or something?

Model Bus and Train Layouts
by omnicity4659, 01 Feb 2015, 4:55 pm
I'm building a bus layout on my floor (can't afford a table), I'll publish photos of my progress on here later in the week. I might consider adding a depot and a railway (already have a Northern Pacer).

If you have or are considering building a layout please add below.

Admin: You may move or merge this thread if required.

I'm building a bus layout on my floor (can't afford a table), I'll publish photos of my progress on here later in the week. I might consider adding a depot and a railway (already have a Northern Pacer).

If you have or are considering building a layout please add below.

Admin: You may move or merge this thread if required.

Stagecoach North East: Rare & Odd Workings - February 2015
by Dan, 01 Feb 2015, 12:02 am

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - February 2015
Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - February 2015
Forum Arriva North East